Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
billysmommy
Mouseketeer

Jedi, Pirates and....uh-oh Snow!!!

Hi and Welcome to my first trip report. I love reading them so decided I'd finally do one also

First the Cast ~ Ds1 is 7.5 years old and into everything Star Wars, Pirates and roller coasters. We'll call him Pirate. Ds2 is 4.5 years old and is into Star Wars, Pirates, Little Einsteins, race cars and roller coasters. We'll call him Ewok. Mommy (myself) who loves everything Disney. Daddy who is getting Disney'd out and will join us for the end of the trip.....hopefully.

Some history ~ This will be Pirate's 4th trip and Ewok's 3rd trip. The first trip Dad had a conference at one of the DTD hotels so we stayed off-site and Pirate and I spent 3 wonderful days at the Magic Kingdom. All the other trips have been at The Boardwalk, one in the Inn and two in the Villas.

We booked this trip (9 nights at The Boardwalk Villas) back in May and everyone has been in on the planning.

Travel day next.....

Last edited by billysmommy; 02-04-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
billysmommy
Mouseketeer

The boys and I were set to go down on Friday Jan 21st. I had been keeping a close eye on the weather, it is Jan in New England after all!! It had been looking good and then early that week it shows a big storm coming...yikes!!

I called jetblue on Wednesday to try to change our flights to Thursday evening but they weren't waiving the change and fare difference fees yet so it would be ~$400/ticket to change. Thursday morning they started waiving the fees but there were no flights that would work for us at that point so we're going to take our chances with our Friday flight.

Friday morning comes and we get the call that school is cancelled. There are 2-3 inches on the ground already and it's snowing hard!!! Right now we're hoping that the weathermen are right and this will be a fast-moving storm. I keep checking the jetblue site for our flight info and it's still scheduled to leave on time but 2 of the flights before ours are cancelled.

This is what we're leaving...

The car comes to pick us up at 11:00 and can barely get in our driveway...there is >8 inches of snow and our plow guy has not come yet. We get in the car and have a harrowing ride to the airport but we make it in one piece. I have never seen Logan so quiet. We get to security and there are only about 10 other people in the lines. We have plenty of time before our 1:45 flight so we go get lunch at Johnny Rockets. The boys pick a table by the window to eat at and Ewok has a great time watching all the snow removal machines working to clear all the snow. These pics are from my phone so not super clear

But wait....what's that we see......patches of blue sky!!!!

We get to the gate at 12:30 and our plane is there!!!! It looks like we're really going to get out....I had visions of us being stuck at the airport. We board the plane and are ready to go just before 1:45. We had to go get de-iced which took a longer time since the plane had been sitting all morning....it was supposed to be for one of the earlier flights that had been cancelled. We made it out and landed in Orlando at 5:55, only one hour late.

We got down to ME and ther were only 3 other families in all of the bus lines!! We got right on the bus for the Boardwalk and 5 minutes later we pulled away. Got to the Boardwalk, checked in and were in our room by 7:10.

We were starving so we went down to the Boardwalk to grab something to eat. The boys wanted pizza so we got some slices from the pizza window and were very pleasantly surprised with how good it was. Also some Mickey muffins from the bakery Everyone was in bed by 8:30 so we'll be ready for the Magic Kingdom tomorrow

Last edited by billysmommy; 02-04-2011 at 06:55 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
billysmommy
Mouseketeer

Day 1 ~ Magic Kingdom

Pirate woke up dark and early at 4:30. He took a shower, got dressed and then woke me up at 5 and asked if it was time to go yet

Today is my birthday day It was actually 2 days before our trip but I waited to celebrate until we were there. And of course I wanted to celebrate it at the Magic Kingdom

We had a 8:05 ressie at Crystal Palace and when we got to our table there was Mickey confetti and a card signed by Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore (my favorite). The boys immediately scooped up all the Mickey confetti and put it in my bag I also learned that Ewok loves Piglet which I never knew..lol.

We finished breakfast and were outside right at rope drop. Everyone wanted Big Thunder to be our first ride. Ewok was SO excited to finally be tall enough to ride.

Then it was off to ride POC but we had to make a quick stop to meet Jessie & Woody. Pirate had said he didn't want to see Jessie, just Woody, but when he got up there Jessie held out her arms for a hug and he knew it would be rude to say no

One of my favorites

Next stop was Fantasyland....
We got out FP for Peter Pan and then a CM came over and told me that I had a message and to please follow him. He took us over to another CM who pointed him towards another CM at the carousel who sent him to a CM by Philharmagic. At this point Pirate turns to me and says "Is he crazy?" He then takes us to a phone in the wall by Philharmagic, dials a number and then Goofy is singing Happy Birthday to me
Pirate wanted to ride the Carousel so that was next and then Ewok wanted IASW. Then we went to Pooh. The new queue was a huge hit with everyone, especially Tigger's bouncing spot and the "farting" vegetables

Then we used our Peter Pan FP and headed over to Tomorrowland (only 11:30!!)

We got FP for Buzz and hopped on the TTA, the boys both love that ride When we got off, we went to see Buzz and then used our Buzz FP. Pirate wanted to go on SM but Ewok is still too short so that has to wait until Dad comes down.

Casey's for lunch...they love watching the cartoons in back. Then back to the Boardwalk for naps since everyone was up so early!!!

Tonight....Epcot
Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
billysmommy
Mouseketeer

We get back to the room and my birthday cake is waiting It came out beautifully and tasted just like strawberry shortcake!! I had ordered it from the Boardwalk Bakery. It was the Mickey's Delight cake with vanilla cake and strawberry mouse. It had lime green fondant with the silver Mickey stamps and pastel flowers on top. We all had a piece and then it was time for a nap.

Everyone takes a nice long nap and then we head over to Epcot. We have dinner ressies at the Rose & Crown. But first we have to stop and get FP for Test Track as Ewok has been waiting 2 years to ride this!!!

Since we still had some time before our dinner, we started our UK Kim Possible mission. The boys love doing these missions and we had lots of fun with this one. We almost finished it before dinner but had to save the last mission until afterwards. We all had the fish and chips....so yummy!!! After dinner, we finished the mission and then headed to Test Track.

Ewok was SO excited and just couldn't stand still while we were waiting in line. By the time we got to the front, he was jumping up and down The CM loading the cars loved how excited he was. We went on and he had the biggest smile on his face the whole time. When we got back, the CM who had loaded us was on the unloading side now. She asked him how he liked it and he said "It was even better than I thought it would be!!" She asked him if he wanted to go on again and he screamed yes and started jumping again. She took off the chain and let us go up the stairs and right back on. He was thrilled!!!
And of course we had to stop and "drive" the cars in the showroom afterwards.

Tomorrow.....We take on Darth Vader
Old 02-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
Disney_Jill
DIS Veteran

Awesome trip report so far. I love how excited your ds is about Test Track, that was so nice of the CM. I love seeing how excited little kids get about their first time on a ride. Its what WDW is all about. Sooo cute!!
Thank goodness you got out already and were only 1 hour late. Seems luck is on your side so far.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #6
billysmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Jill View Post
Awesome trip report so far. I love how excited your ds is about Test Track, that was so nice of the CM. I love seeing how excited little kids get about their first time on a ride. Its what WDW is all about. Sooo cute!!
Thank goodness you got out already and were only 1 hour late. Seems luck is on your side so far.
Thanks I love watching all the little kids expressions and reactions to everything, it's one of my favorite parts of the trip
Old 02-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #7
billysmommy
Mouseketeer

DHS and Darth Vader...here we come

***Pics to come when I get home***

We grab some Mickey muffins and juice from the Boardwalk Bakery and take the boat over to DHS for rope drop. The boys are so excited to sign up for the Jedi training!!! I've already warned them that there will be lots of standing in line and waiting but they're up for it this morning.

We're able to get up to Hollywood & Vine before the park opens and go straight to the Jedi training sign-up. We end up being the 10th and 11th kids signed up for the first show at 9:55. They give us a card to come back for 9:40 and the boys want to check out the HISTK playground while we wait. We take the long way over and stumble upon Lightning and Mater with no line so we have to take a quick picture since Ewok is such a Cars fan!!

Over to the playground (we're the only ones there) for a quick run until the show.

We head back over to Star Tours and Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers are out meeting with no line so we quickly do that and then get in line for the show. The boys get their Jedi robes and are taken up to the stage, Ewok gets put right in front. They get their lightsabers and start learning how they work. The Jedi master has them practice activating them and learning some moves. As she's teaching them she comes over to Ewok and tells him to "Aim higher, we're not fighting Ewoks" and both he and Pirate start laughing.

Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers come out and the Jedi master has all the kids move to the side of the stage....except Ewok just stands there in awe so she has to run back and get him. Pirate has Darth Vader on his shirt and Darth Vader sees it when it's his turn to fight and tells him he "can come back to the Dark side and be strong again".

And of course we have to have go build light sabers when we are done with the Jedi training!!!

We head over to see if Handy Manny and the Little Einsteins are out. Pirate decides he doesn't want to meet Manny so he practices his light saber moves in the corner.

June and Quincy come out right as we finish with Manny so we're first in line to see them. Pirate decides that he'll go over to meet June

We have 30 minutes before our Sci-Fi lunch and the boys decide they want to go back to the HISTK playground, it's much busier now!!

We check-in for lunch and are seated pretty much immediately. The boys got a kick out of being "hitch-hikers". This is one of our favorite lunches ~ milk shakes, burgers and onion rings!!

Ewok is fading fast after lunch so we take the boat back to the Boardwalk. Ewok takes a nap while Pirate practices his light saber moves on the balcony.

Tonight.....Neverland Club and the GF Spa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: