Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #16
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe - TO DIE FOR!

My friends recently brought this dip to a pot luck holiday party. It was incredible and I just had to share the recipe. Be warned though, once you make it, there won't be any left! It is THAT good!

INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing (you can also use ranch)
1/2 cup FRANK'S® REDHOT® Sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cans (12.5 oz. each) SWANSON® White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained (you can also sub with leftover chicken or rotisserie)

DIRECTIONS:
HEAT oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.

MIX in salad dressing, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.

BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with tortilla chips.

This is a take on the original recipe you can find on the hot sauce bottle. It is well worth trying. You can also make it in a Crock Pot.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #17
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Kevin, the ham was REALLY, really good. I ended up using Diet Dr. Pepper instead of regular coke, but it came out great. Very tender.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #18
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawx04 View Post
Santa Barbara Shrimp with Mustard (Wolfgang Puck)

This looks incredible!! Yummy!

Follow Me on Twitter

2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 01-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #19
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN BEACH RESORT - STRAWBERRY SOUP

(Note this is the original recipe, not the current one which inludes yogurt>)

INGREDIENTS:

16 oz Strawberries (frozen variety, thawed with juice and pureed)
16 oz Sour Cream
1 Tbls Lemon Juice (frozen variety, reconstituted, not concentrated)
2 Tbls Vanilla Extract
3 oz Sifted Powdered Sugar (by cup measure)
1 Tbls Grenadine Syrup
2 oz Half-and-Half

METHOD OF PREPARATION:

Mix strawberries and sour cream, beat slowly until well mixed. While mixing, add grenadine, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sugar until a smooth consistency. Add half-and-half and mix for five seconds. Chill, shake well before serving. Fresh strawberry halves may be added as a garnish.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #20
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

My own Hot and Sour Soup.

For many years in the DC area I belonged to an organization which held a large Chinese New Year's Party annually. It was a somewhat pot luck, but the requirement was you had to do your own cooking. The host provided the stove, oven & microwave. Most people had their ingredients prepared in advance or even partially cooked as needed.

After the first two years, I was the only person allowed to bring the soup, as nothing else compared.

1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1 50 oz Can Chicken Broth
1 Lb Hard or Firm Tofu, Sliced in 1/16 x 1/16 Strands or pre-cubed
10 large ****ake Mushrooms, Sliced in strands
1/2 Lb Roast Pork, Sliced in strands (Called “Seasoned Pork” if packaged)
1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp White Pepper
1 can Sliced Bamboo Shoots, cut to 1/8" slices (also packed as “slivered”)
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Hot Chili Oil
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup Corn Starch
1/4 Cup Water
1 Bunch Scallions

Mix Broth, Soy Sauce, Mushrooms, Pork, and Bamboo shoots in pot, bring to a boil on high and then simmer covered on low for three minutes.

Add vinegar and white pepper, bring to a boil on high again.

Add tofu and white part of chopped scallions, bring to a boil with medium-high flame.

Add mixture of Corn starch and Water, bring to a boil on medium high until starts to thicken.

Drizzle in beaten eggs. Turn off heat. Add oils and stir.

Serve with green portion of scallions for decoration.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs

Last edited by Cheshire Figment; 01-01-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Correct typos
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #21
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

OUR DINNER TONIGHT:

Seafood Ciopinno

24oz can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
10 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
8 oz can tomato sauce
2 tsp old bay (or to taste)
8 oz shrimp cleaned
8 oz scallops
1 can whole baby clams
4 pieces tilapia
1 piece halibut
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp minced garlic
2 bay leaves
2 tsp olive oil
2 bay leaves

In large frying pan or dutch oven place olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Simmer garlic until golden. Add in all tomatoes, sauce, bay leaves, old bay, clams, scallops, shrimp. Bring to boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 min. Place fish on top and cover and continue to simmer until fish is white and flaky. Flip fish with spatula so it does not break apart. Remove lid and let reduce about 10 min on simmer. Serve over linguini or rice.

mmmmmm

Old 01-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #22
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
OUR DINNER TONIGHT:

Seafood Ciopinno

24oz can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
10 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
8 oz can tomato sauce
2 tsp old bay (or to taste)
8 oz shrimp cleaned
8 oz scallops
1 can whole baby clams
4 pieces tilapia
1 piece halibut
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp minced garlic
2 bay leaves
2 tsp olive oil
2 bay leaves

In large frying pan or dutch oven place olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Simmer garlic until golden. Add in all tomatoes, sauce, bay leaves, old bay, clams, scallops, shrimp. Bring to boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 min. Place fish on top and cover and continue to simmer until fish is white and flaky. Flip fish with spatula so it does not break apart. Remove lid and let reduce about 10 min on simmer. Serve over linguini or rice.

mmmmmm
Jeez Louise....that sounds good.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #23
kabbie
DIS Veteran

I made a turkey dish that is delicious. I bought a frozen Butterball white meat turkey breast roast, grilled it in extra-virgin olive oil in a fry pan just a few min then put it in a roasting pan with red potatoes and carrots. I made a sauce to baste the turkey with every 20 mins while it cooked. For that I combined more olive oil, parsley flakes, rosemary, thyme, lemon juice, dijon mustard and a little bit of butter in a saucepan for a few minutes. Turkey has to cook for at least 1 hour, 30 min. It's so good!

Read about a WDW Vet solo trip to Disneyland
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1355408
1991 Offsite 1992-1997 Lived in Tampa; Visited as a Day Visitor several times a year 2000 Offsite-Hampton Inn on Palm Parkway 2002 Offsite Jan 2004 Marriott Village (I work for Marriott) Dec 2005 All Star Vacation Home Sept 28-Oct 3, 2006 POR (First time on property!) Feb 6-10, 2007 1st time at Disneyland (Anaheim Fairfield) Sept 26-Oct 5, 2007 WL/BWV Dec 12-14, 2007 Marriott Village (free room)Dec3-10, 2008 Marriott Grande Vista May 16-21, 2009 BWV Dec 12-17, 2009 POFQ/BCV/VWLOct 20 - 24, 2010 Marriott's Sabal Palms Aug 3-8, 2011 Disneyland - Anaheim Marriott Suites
kabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #24
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
My own Hot and Sour Soup.

For many years in the DC area I belonged to an organization whjich held a large Chjinese New Year's Party annually. It was a somewhat pot luck, but the requirement was you had to do your own cooking. The host provided the stove, oven & microwave. Most people had their ingredients prepared in advance or even poartially cooked as needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
OUR DINNER TONIGHT:

Seafood Ciopinno

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbie View Post
I made a turkey dish that is delicious. I bought a frozen Butterball white meat turkey breast roast, grilled it in extra-virgin olive oil in a fry pan just a few min then put it in a roasting pan with red potatoes and carrots. I made a sauce to baste the turkey with every 20 mins while it cooked. For that I combined more olive oil, parsley flakes, rosemary, thyme, lemon juice, dijon mustard and a little bit of butter in a saucepan for a few minutes. Turkey has to cook for at least 1 hour, 30 min. It's so good!
Mmmm. All of these recipes sound scrumptious!

Follow Me on Twitter

Old 01-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #25
SusanWasHere
I'm on the left
Jimmy Kimmel wears a thong (just sayin')

I just made this the other day while being snowed in here in lovely Jersey Had some more of it today and it is still just as good!!

Take about 2 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut into strips (or just buy them that way!) Bread them with Italian bread crumbs. Lay them in a baking dish (13x9 is best) that has a little olive oil spread on the bottom.

Take a jar of roasted red peppers and drain them. If not already in strips, cut and then lay on top of the breaded chicken.

Drain a can of sliced white potatoes (I use 2) and make that the 3rd layer, covering the red peppers. Drizzle some olive oil on them, and a bit of salt and pepper.

Drain 2 cans of diced tomatoes (I like the garlic and oregano ones, but whatever you like!) and spoon them around the perimeter of the dish.

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Stir and bake for another 20-25 minutes. Let sit after removing from oven.

It is delicious!!!! The flavor the peppers give to the chicken and potatoes is just soooo good! I sometimes make this on a Sunday and then take it for my lunch to work all week. Works great for leftovers, such a great dish! Can't wait to eat the last of it tomorrow!!
'93-POFQ, '96-Offsite, '00-Caribe Royale, '05-Paradise Orlando, '06-BCV, '07-BCV, '07-CSR, '08-Pop, '08-Pop, '09-AKV, '09-BCV,'09 - BWV, '10-POFQ, '10-ASMu/Sp,'10-VWL/BCV,'10-VWL,'11-Grand Californian, '11-ASMo, '11-VWL/BCV, '11-ASSp, '11-OKW, '11-Pop, '12-ASMu, '12-ASMo, '12-BWV, '13-Pop/SSR, '13-VWL/BCV
SusanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #26
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

That sounds great, Susan! I wonder if you could add some mozzarella to that? MMmmm...

Follow Me on Twitter

Old 01-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #27
SusanWasHere
I'm on the left
Jimmy Kimmel wears a thong (just sayin')

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
That sounds great, Susan! I wonder if you could add some mozzarella to that? MMmmm...
Ok, how insane that I'm a cheese freak and never thought of that!!! LOL I can guarantee you that next time - there will be cheese!! Haha!! Thanks for the great idea! I can eat cheese on just about anything
'93-POFQ, '96-Offsite, '00-Caribe Royale, '05-Paradise Orlando, '06-BCV, '07-BCV, '07-CSR, '08-Pop, '08-Pop, '09-AKV, '09-BCV,'09 - BWV, '10-POFQ, '10-ASMu/Sp,'10-VWL/BCV,'10-VWL,'11-Grand Californian, '11-ASMo, '11-VWL/BCV, '11-ASSp, '11-OKW, '11-Pop, '12-ASMu, '12-ASMo, '12-BWV, '13-Pop/SSR, '13-VWL/BCV
SusanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #28
YellowMickeyPonchos
Remember when everyone had one?
Podcasting from the West Coast

The Female "Bob"
Queen of Solutions

I've been strongly urged to post my crab rangoon recipe that I made today.
Hope you guys like it.

Crab Rangoon - inspired by the original Trader Vics recipe
1 package Wonton skins

1 small can crab meat or 8oz package of shredded Krab - chop very fine

1 - 8 oz package cream cheese

1 - tsp A-1 steak sauce (from the original Trader Vics recipe)

1 tsp garlic powder (I used dehydrated minced garlic)

1 tbsp honey

1 tbsp soy sauce

1/2 tsp white pepper
Blend well - in a food processor makes it the smoothest, but I just mashed it up.

Drop a teaspoonful into the center of a wonton skin, wet the edges, fold into a triangle and seal, or pinch into a pouch - your choice.

Heat oil in a pan or deep fryer and slide gently into the oil. Turn when they float and reach desired color - being careful not to fry too long, or they will burst. Rangoons are done when they are a golden brown on both sides.
DVC since '93 - DL "local" and P-AP holder since '99 - Me Ian Zoe 8 and Lily 6

YellowMickeyPonchos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #29
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanWasHere View Post
Ok, how insane that I'm a cheese freak and never thought of that!!! LOL I can guarantee you that next time - there will be cheese!! Haha!! Thanks for the great idea! I can eat cheese on just about anything
I'm thinking a layer of tomatoes (or sauce), mozzarella, and fresh basil. Mmmmm...

Follow Me on Twitter

Old 01-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #30
HollyMac71
Sucks to have a dull life!

Good for a cold day to warm the soul

Here is a great soup recipe that I love to make when it is cold. I love recipes that require me to open cans and pour in a pot. On the plus side there is usually enough for another day depending on how many people you are feeding.

1 lb cooked ground lean beef (whichever is fine)
2 cans Veg All
2 cans Italian stewed tomatoes
1 can cream of potato soup
optional - apprx 1 cup of quick cooking barley (I use this to thicken it up)

Put it all in a big pot and let cook for apprx 1 hour on a low setting. Don't let it boil.

Enjoy!!!
HollyMac71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, dinner, recipe

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: