Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
auroralark
Lives for vacation

Who's Beaten Epic Mickey?

I just did today - took me a little over 19 hours. GREAT game. I loved it. Afterwards I was sad it was over! I heard it's a trilogy - I can't wait for the other two games.

My only two complaints are going through the animated levels over and over again, and also being unable to return to some areas once you leave. I know there was a lot I missed... Oh well, guess I gotta find some time to play it again!

Many trips as a kid! Offsite, CBR, Offsite, POR, All Star Sports, Offsite 3x May/June '07 Disneymoon @ BWI *
Sep '07 @ POR * May '09 @ CR * July '09 @ POP!Disneyland! Dec '09 - Jan '10 * Universal! July '10 * Sep '10 @ CSR
Jan '11 @ Poly * Solo! Oct '11 @POR * Feb '12 @ AKL
Our Princess arrived! 7/4/12
auroralark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

I finished yesterday. I also wish that the game didn't close you out of certain places. I never did find all the parts to Goofy, Donald, or Daisy. Guess I'll have to play again.
Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
ragtopday
Proud Member of Red Sox Nation

I'm not a "gamer" - I bought Epic Mickey because of the Disney factor - I didn't realize you could beat or finish a video game! Can you play for awhile, then pause and pick it up a day or so later?

I'm pretty impressed you guys have beaten it already!

ragtopday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
auroralark
Lives for vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
I finished yesterday. I also wish that the game didn't close you out of certain places. I never did find all the parts to Goofy, Donald, or Daisy. Guess I'll have to play again.
A lot of them actually have to be purchased in the stores actually, which surprised me! I think Donald is the only one where you actually have to find more than one piece. (And one of them is a pain to find too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtopday View Post
I'm not a "gamer" - I bought Epic Mickey because of the Disney factor - I didn't realize you could beat or finish a video game! Can you play for awhile, then pause and pick it up a day or so later?

I'm pretty impressed you guys have beaten it already!
Yeah, it saves so you can pick it up again whenever you want. The game has a story, so it has a definite ending. But you can always play again!

Normally I never would have finished so quickly, but I was home sick from work all week so I had the time to play.

Many trips as a kid! Offsite, CBR, Offsite, POR, All Star Sports, Offsite 3x May/June '07 Disneymoon @ BWI *
Sep '07 @ POR * May '09 @ CR * July '09 @ POP!Disneyland! Dec '09 - Jan '10 * Universal! July '10 * Sep '10 @ CSR
Old 12-31-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
latexscooter
Be nice even if it takes some effort.

It was a great game and I have had a good time playing. Even though I'm in my forties I have continued to game throughout my adult life and found this was fun and a much needed brake from the other genres I've played. I thought the viewing was flawed and was surprised to see a game with that type of problem making it to market. But that was my only complaint - frustrating but manageable.

You know, if you finished you can go back and play the game differently. If you used paint your way through the first time you may want to try to play it through using thinner. I played one of the developers earlier games - Deus Ex - which had much of the same characteristics and still found it enjoyable playing it through making different choices.

I hope they do have additional games because I'll certainly be interested.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroralark View Post
A lot of them actually have to be purchased in the stores actually, which surprised me! I think Donald is the only one where you actually have to find more than one piece. (And one of them is a pain to find too.)

Yeah, it saves so you can pick it up again whenever you want. The game has a story, so it has a definite ending. But you can always play again!

Normally I never would have finished so quickly, but I was home sick from work all week so I had the time to play.
No, the pieces can be found in the game but if you don't get them, you can buy them in the store.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:42 PM   #7
auroralark
Lives for vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
No, the pieces can be found in the game but if you don't get them, you can buy them in the store.
Oh, okay. That makes more sense.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:38 AM   #8
Cnnelson2007
Earning My Ears

Smile

I just finished. It took me 21hrs & 38mins over a period of 12days, hey I have 3 kids to take care of so thats pretty good lol. Out of 103 tasks & I completed 98 so my success rate is about 96%. I liked the game & hear they are coming out with 2 more which I hope they do. Only down side was not returning to certain places.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #9
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

Hope they fix the camera issues in the next two. I'm finding that kind of frustrating and I'm not playing long.
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
mainegal
I am becoming very good at making crushed ice
DIS Veteran

My Epic Mickey has been in its shrink wrap since I got it on sale from Amazon.

Guess I am not much pf a gamer!
mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
HawkeyeThad
Mouseketeer

I finished it a couple of weeks ago. I'd been waiting for this game since it was announced 2 years ago. To be honest, it was one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. The story got a little better towards the end, but I thought it was a poorly executed game for the most part. The camera was by far the worst I've seen in any game.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #12
Zeebs
DIS Veteran

I couldn't even get out of the first scene, then lost interest and haven't found the time to get back to it. I will have another go some day soon. Not sure I have any idea of what I am doing with it.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #13
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

A little off topic but there is a new show on the TWiT Network called Triangulation. Basically Leo Laporte and Tom Merritt interview someone about a topic in technology. In episode 1 they interview Warren Spector. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but it might be worth a listen if you are into technology and into the game.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #14
mainegal
I am becoming very good at making crushed ice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebs View Post
Not sure I have any idea of what I am doing with it.
If you really don't know what to do with it, you can "sell" it to Amazon and get a $26 Amazon gift card.
mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #15
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

I just finished it last weekend. This is the first console game I've completed (am a PC gamer). I loved the story and the special details they added Ike the secret door above the Fire House- made me a little misty). My kids watched as I played and DS5 is totally into the game and characters; he is more in love with Mickey now than ever!

I wanted to add- playing with the game guide was incredibly helpful! If you're nit sure what to do then use this!
I agree the camera issue is *incredibly* frustrating and the cause for more than a few deaths. They must fix this before releasing another game in the series.
The best part was watching the extra content and seeing my two little ones laughing along with original Oswald and Mickey cartoons! It warmed my heart.
Oh and now they are both excited to try riding the Haunted Mansion!
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: