Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #76
ociana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
I was looking at your dates... are you there during Christmas week?! How fun!! It is really good that you stagger your meals... especially for counter service... the lines for them when it is busy can be stupid long. We waited on a Friday night our 1st October visit for an hour for Hungry Bear! Never again will I go without a ressie on a weekend night!
Yes we are there during Christmas week. Lots of fun and lots of CROWDS. I couldn't imagine waiting an hour for Hungry Bear! I once waited about 40 minutes at Pacific Wharf for a bread bowl of soup - I thought I was going to die of starvation before I got to the head of the line.

I hadn't heard anything about Woodburn getting a Disney Store - but that is awesome news! I just googled and learned from the Woodburn facebook that: "Disney Store Outlet opens October 6! The first 500 people in line get free Mickey ears!" I guess I gotta drag my butt out of bed...
ociana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #77
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

We won't be in the early rush for the Disney store. DD has gymnastics and swimming that morning. But we'll be there at 2 pm or so. At least to check it out.

Our now infamous wait at hungry bear... It was our 1st trip and I didn't comprehend distances really yet. We stayed at the DLH. DD woke up from nap at 4 and we headed to DL on a Friday nite. I had 6 pm ressies for steakhouse 55. Yep. There was no freaking way we were going back for them. So at 6 pm on an off-season Friday-which was wall to wall people- we were stuck in the new Orleans square area with no ressie. No one was accepting walk ups so reluctantly we got in line at hungry bear. Took an hour to order and twenty more minutes to get food. It was horrible. So now I always have an in-park dinner reserved!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #78
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

1 week till I can start making my dining ressies!!

Unfortunately this means it is still 3 weeks until the DL calendar will start showing my dates

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 10-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #79
DisFan84
Earning My Ears

Yay! I'm officially 60 days away! I keep checking the DL website just in case they decide to add the hours of operation to their site I want to start making more confirmed plans!! The waiting game is so hard.
DisFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #80
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFan84 View Post
Yay! I'm officially 60 days away! I keep checking the DL website just in case they decide to add the hours of operation to their site I want to start making more confirmed plans!! The waiting game is so hard.
Yay!!! Calendar or not, I am going to start making my PSs this weekend... I hit 2 months on Friday! I figure I can change things later.... but there are certain seatings I want for sure and the hours aren't dependent on that!

I did send a note to vacay planning asking about special Christmas goodies that you can have delivered to your room... they had great ones for Halloween this year.... so we'll see what they come up with. It might be "check back later."

Old 10-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #81
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Just ordered our Photopass Plus!!

2 months tomorrow!!

Old 10-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #82
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Just called Disney Dining for our first 2 days... oh and I asked about the CP dining packages, all she could tell me is that they are booking them next month--but she knows nothing. Oh and I heard back from vacation planning, they will have Christmas do-dah stuff you can have delivered to your room, but she doesn't know what yet... says to check back November 1st.

Our meal plan so far:

Wed, arrival day:
Paradise garden grill lunch (~11:30 am or as soon as they open)
Blue Bayou dinner: 4:30 PM PS made

Thursday, DL EE:
Room service breakfast
Trader Sam/Tangaroa lunch (~11:30 am)
WCT WOC dinner: 4:40 PM PS made

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 10-06-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #83
ociana
Mouseketeer

Grats on getting your reservations going! Mine can't start till later in the month...I am eagerly anticipating the day.

We went to the Woodburn Disney Store opening yesterday. The line was looooonnnnnggggg. We just got our ears, peeked in the window and left instead of waiting in line to get in the store. The ears are black with a Disney Store patch in the front center.
ociana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #84
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ociana View Post
Grats on getting your reservations going! Mine can't start till later in the month...I am eagerly anticipating the day.

We went to the Woodburn Disney Store opening yesterday. The line was looooonnnnnggggg. We just got our ears, peeked in the window and left instead of waiting in line to get in the store. The ears are black with a Disney Store patch in the front center.
Wait!!! I had no idea a Disney Store opened at the Woodburn Outlets! Whoo!
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 / Next Up: Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/10/15

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Crazy4Disney06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #85
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ociana View Post

We didn't swing by yesterday... figured they'd be slammed... we'll wait till the fervor dies down. However, dd and I are going to make a special trip to the Southcenter Mall in Washington next weekend to check out the interactive disney store... I can not wait!!

I did not call Disney Dining today... but will tomorrow, and do 2 more days of ressies. It is killing me to wait and find out what is going on with CP...

Old 10-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #86
ttig34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just called Disney Dining for our first 2 days... oh and I asked about the CP dining packages, all she could tell me is that they are booking them next month--but she knows nothing. Oh and I heard back from vacation planning, they will have Christmas do-dah stuff you can have delivered to your room, but she doesn't know what yet... says to check back November 1st.

Our meal plan so far:

Wed, arrival day:

Thursday, DL EE:
Room service breakfast
Hi!

Did you happen to find out the hours the parks will be open while you are there from Disney Dining- as they must know by now in order to know how early and how late to book reservations? I am guessing probably 8-12 Friday and Saturday, but was curious about Wednesday and Thursday? I may be going the same time period as you.
ttig34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #87
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttig34 View Post
Hi!

Did you happen to find out the hours the parks will be open while you are there from Disney Dining- as they must know by now in order to know how early and how late to book reservations? I am guessing probably 8-12 Friday and Saturday, but was curious about Wednesday and Thursday? I may be going the same time period as you.
You know from previous experience with this, they have hours--sortof--they have always told me the "estimated hours" until they are officially published. But because I was booking dinners... and early ones at that, it wouldn't matter what time the parks opened or closed.

This is what I am guessing though based on last year:

Wed 5th DL 9-9 and DCA 10-8
Thurs 6th DL 9-11 and DCA 10-8
Fri 7th DL 8-Mid and DCA 10-9
Sat 8th DL 8-Mid and DCA 10-9
Sun 9th DL 8-Mid and DCA 10-10

However-- with CP every night now, I wouldn't be surprised if DCAs hours are longer than last year, like maybe till 10 or 11 Fri-Sun.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #88
ttig34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You know from previous experience with this, they have hours--sortof--they have always told me the "estimated hours" until they are officially published. But because I was booking dinners... and early ones at that, it wouldn't matter what time the parks opened or closed.

This is what I am guessing though based on last year:

Wed 5th DL 9-9 and DCA 10-8
Thurs 6th DL 9-11 and DCA 10-8
Fri 7th DL 8-Mid and DCA 10-9
Sat 8th DL 8-Mid and DCA 10-9
Sun 9th DL 8-Mid and DCA 10-10

However-- with CP every night now, I wouldn't be surprised if DCAs hours are longer than last year, like maybe till 10 or 11 Fri-Sun.
Yeah, I would say those are probably pretty decent guesses. Really wish we knew more about the CP, but sounds like that won't be for another month. Guess all we can do is just adjust plans as necessary.
ttig34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #89
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Called Disney Dining again today... have to make 1 more call tomorrow.... and then wait to make my dessert and CP ressies in November. Have to say this is the 1st time we've done Ariel's for dinner, and I wasn't thrilled with the times they offer--I understand the premise, as they have set seating times so you don't miss a princess, but I still thought they sucked. We went with the later time as we are going to try and see Aladdin at 4:45 that day:

Our meal plan so far:

Wed, arrival day:

Thursday, DL EE:
Room service breakfast

Friday, DCA EE:
Goofy's Kitchen 7:10 am
Rainforest Cafe lunch (~11:30 am, will make a ressie)
Big Thunder BBQ 6:30 pm (was warned that in case of rain it will be closed)

Saturday, DL EE:
Surf's Up 7:10 am
Flo's Cafe lunch (~11:30 am)
Ariel's Grotto 7:00 pm (inside seating)

thought I'd add I am using vouchers for Ariel's and Surf's Up since I'll get the most bang for my buck that way!

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 10-08-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #90
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

I had the most awesome chat with a cm at Disney Dining just now... she also gave me the hours for the parks while we are there, with the disclaimer *all hours subject to change without notice.

Our meal plan so far:

Wed, arrival day--DL 9 am - 9 pm, DCA 9 am - 8 pm (8 am EE)

Thursday--DL 9 am - 10 pm (8 am EE), DCA 9 am - 8 pm:
Room service breakfast, then DL for EE

Friday--DL 8 am - Mid, DCA 8 am - 10 pm (7 am EE):
Goofy's Kitchen 7:10 am
Rainforest Cafe lunch (~11:30 am, will make a ressie)
Big Thunder BBQ 6:30 pm (was warned that in case of rain it will be closed)

Saturday--DL 8 am - Mid (7 am EE), DCA 8 am - 10 pm:
Surf's Up 7:10 am
Flo's Cafe lunch (~11:30 am)
Ariel's Grotto 7:00 pm (inside seating)

Sunday--DL 8 am - Mid, DCA 8 am - 10 pm (7 am EE):
Storyteller's 7:10 am
Corn Dog Castle (~11:30 am)
CP dinner??

Monday--DL 9 am - 9 pm, DCA 9 am - 8 pm (8 am EE)
Room service breakfast, then DCA for EE
leave at 11:00 am for airport

DCA open soooo early every day is totally screwing me up... we usually do character breakfasts on the weekends because I take advantage of EE on the weekdays instead. But almost every day they are opening DCA super early. Oh well, we'll do 2 EE's and be fashionably late for regular rope drop Fri, Sat, Sun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: