Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #136
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ociana View Post
That weather sounds GREAT!

Did you enjoy Trans Siberian Orchestra? I thought they were better last time I saw them, but it was still a great show.
We did enjoy the show, but I bought floor tickets... and now wish I hadn't... it was too hard for DD to see what was going on on the stage. So that was a bummer. We'll go again in a couple years and get seats up in the stadium. I had to laugh with all the hair flipping though. I mean I have been known to like long hair rocker types... but I guess I am getting old when all the pretty hair starts to crack me up!!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #137
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Mail and newspaper held!

I saw the weather report on wunderground, and it is even more optimistic than weather.com.... Now if it can just stay nice the whole trip so I can only pack clothes for sunny days and cool nights!

And I found ponchos!! Practically bought out the dollar store. Yay!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 11-27-2012 at 07:37 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #138
ociana
Mouseketeer

Ohhh, it's so exciting that your trip is super close!

I picked up the cutest tops for my trip last night! For our trip to Disneyworld last year I got a scrubs top from WalMart that was mickey Halloween themed. Not only was it amazing comfortable, but I got tons of compliments on it as we went through the park. One CM even stopped me and asked where they issue that costume - she thought I was a CM!

So, this year I went back to WalMart (which I don't like doing) and looked for Christmas scrubs. I got two tops, one with Minnie and one with Tink! In case you are interested, here are the links for them on their website: Minnie and Tink. I also picked up some long sleeve thermals to wear under the scrub tops. The best thing about these is that they have really deep front pockets, so you can carry your few required items right there VERY easily.
ociana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #139
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ociana View Post
So, this year I went back to WalMart (which I don't like doing) and looked for Christmas scrubs. I got two tops, one with Minnie and one with Tink! In case you are interested, here are the links for them on their website: Minnie and Tink. I also picked up some long sleeve thermals to wear under the scrub tops. The best thing about these is that they have really deep front pockets, so you can carry your few required items right there VERY easily.
Super cute!! I would totally wear those--but hubby wouldn't stick around if I did, he would totally pretend he didn't know me... He tolerates my Tink hoodie... so that is about as far as I can push it!!

7 days today... the weather still looks great, depending on which one you look it, it may be pretty warm, or just nice... Friday looks cooler at this point. I am starting to pack, even though I'll have to make a last second judgement on Tuesday night if I need to adjust... with a 6 day trip, we really won't know what the last couple days of weather will be like before we leave. Right now I am trying to get away with only packing capris, and 1 pair of my adidas comfy pants. DD will have jean capris and a pair of jeans, and all tees, with long sleeves she can layer under. We'll both have sweatshirts. Hubby says if it will be 70 or highter the whole time that he is only packing shorts.

I saw another post on the main board, it looks like lots of Oregonians will be there next week! I am cautiously preparing for crowds and hoping to be surprised. But I think this will be the most crowded trip we have ever been on.

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 12-12-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #140
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

I'm not sure how I missed your PTR.......I mean us Oregonians need to stick together!!! We'll be checking into the PPH on the 9th.....maybe we'll pass in the elevators!!

Got my fingers crossed for decent weather......I don't go to Southern California to get rained on.......get more than enough at home!!

I was disappointed they backed out on the dining packages for the CP. It was something I was looking forward to (and sad we were giving up when cancelling our WDW trip). We were trying for one of the Dick Van Dyke nights. Oh well.........

What part of Oregon are you in?? We're just west of Corvallis. (but have lived in Salem, Medford and North Bend)
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #141
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver
I'm not sure how I missed your PTR.......I mean us Oregonians need to stick together!!! We'll be checking into the PPH on the 9th.....maybe we'll pass in the elevators!!

Got my fingers crossed for decent weather......I don't go to Southern California to get rained on.......get more than enough at home!!

I was disappointed they backed out on the dining packages for the CP. It was something I was looking forward to (and sad we were giving up when cancelling our WDW trip). We were trying for one of the Dick Van Dyke nights. Oh well.........

What part of Oregon are you in?? We're just west of Corvallis. (but have lived in Salem, Medford and North Bend)
Considering I've been adding to this report for nearly 2 years, I don't know how you missed me either! Lol

We're in St. Helens, just a little north of Portland.

Okay, I have been washing Tink gifts and summer clothes today, and started putting stuff in the carryons. Dd's Cinderella dress is so huge I will be surprised to get it in her bag. I've set out the bulk of the toiletries... Shampoo, conditioner, hubby's gel, floss, toothpaste, wet ones, hand sanitizer, travel Lysol, Advil, Benadryl, and Claritin, cheapy ponchos, deodorant, lotion, sunscreen, q-tips, first aid stuff including good blister band aids. I have hats and sunglasses out and ready. Need to grab our tevas... We'll wear our comfy tennies on the plane. I have holiday glow wands, glow necklaces, Disney travel crayon packs that I got at target for fun surprises.

Last minute things will include chargers, phones, camera, iPad, iPod, my pillow (no one else is picky about their pillow like i am), and my white noise machine. Oh and tooth and hair brush!

I still need to fill a travel bottle with dd's bath soap, my face wash, and one for my face lotion, oh and one for my leave in conditioner.

Phew! Almost ready... This weekend is a wash since we'll be in Seattle celebration dh's folks's 50th anniversary. So I am down to only a couple days really to pull it all together and clean house!!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #142
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

I love how I keep getting emails from Disney telling me how close my trip is. Most of the tips aren't news to me, but its cool they send them anyway.

The main weather sites cannot agree other than it will be over 70 when we are there. Some say 80 a couple days. I am packing summer clothes and a couple sweatshirts for night. Even just 70 will feel great since we've been barely 40 the last few mornings.

My best friend got to wdw yesterday. Neither of us has been to the other person's park before... And we compare notes all the time. I am glad my trip is soon, cause I can hardly stand it seeing her pics and can't wait to blast her with a few of my own-of things she can't go see/do of course!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #143
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
I love how I keep getting emails from Disney telling me how close my trip is. Most of the tips aren't news to me, but its cool they send them anyway.

The main weather sites cannot agree other than it will be over 70 when we are there. Some say 80 a couple days. I am packing summer clothes and a couple sweatshirts for night. Even just 70 will feel great since we've been barely 40 the last few mornings.

My best friend got to wdw yesterday. Neither of us has been to the other person's park before... And we compare notes all the time. I am glad my trip is soon, cause I can hardly stand it seeing her pics and can't wait to blast her with a few of my own-of things she can't go see/do of course!
5 days!!! Any disney email or real mail is exciting!!!

I'm glad to see the forecast is getting better and not worse.......bring on the sun!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #144
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran

Everyone's trip is getting so close!! I'm getting very excited about ours too!!
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 /Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Next Up: / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/11/15

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Crazy4Disney06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #145
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

2 more sleeps. We are all packed... The weather looks like it has settled on around 70 each day, we'll take it. I get to print my boarding passes when I get up tomorrow!

Old 12-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #146
ociana
Mouseketeer

So excited for you! I hope you have an amazing trip and you come back to share all about it!!!!!
ociana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #147
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

I only have to work 6 hours today and load the car!!

Printing my boarding passes right now!!

Will see you all when we get back, and maybe I'll even figure out how to post pictures!

Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #148
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

We're Back!!

Hi all! We're back... but think I better get started here before I forget stuff!

Let's start with the PPH!

I booked a theme park room, and requested a king bed (since the 3 of us end up in one bed anyway.) When we arrived (10:15 am after landing at SNA at 9:40, grabbing a cab, and zipping straight to the hotel)... they told me that the new rooms had no king beds in the theme park view. Bummer, but not that big of a deal. She had a cute black and white photo of all the fairies for my daughter and said she would text our room number to us when it was ready. So we left all our stuff with the bell captain and headed for DCA!

Fast forward to that evening. We got back to the PPH around 9:30 pm, checked in with the bell captain (we were willing to haul our stuff upstairs ourselves, but they offered to bring everything right up.) We went to our 10th floor room, and walked in... oooh'd and ahhh'd over the gorgeous DCA view, I lysoled the switches and handles, phones and remote. And then our bags were there... about 3 minutes after we got into the room! What service!

Daytime view from the room:

The beds were very comfortable, bathroom very nice. Sink water got much hotter than the shower. Hubby did find more hot water at night then I had in the morning. Plenty of towels and washclothes, that were replenished everyday whether we hung them on a hook or not.

Guest services left us a voicemail each night telling us about stuff going on the next day in the hotel. And we used the wake up call service for all our wake-ups (morning and naps) and it worked great.

We also used room service twice. They give you a window of time for the arrival--and I put a specific time next to that. So for the 6:30-7 am choice--I wrote 6:45 please... and they were there promptly at 6:45. For the 6-6:30 option, I wrote "as early as possible" and they got there at 6:15 am. Room service was very tasty btw... but more on food later.

Fast forward again... the day before we left I used the un-manned business office to print boarding passes. You let yourself in using your room key, and there are 4 computers. On the screen you have a choice of pay-to-surf or print boarding passes--which is free. If I had my confirmation number with me, the nice cm at the guest services desk would have printed them for me. But I needed to log in to Alaska to get my info. It worked great, and because it is un-manned they have nice long hours, so you can squeeze in a stop in there to get your passes.

Overall, I love this hotel, I did miss having access to the concierge elevator (we did concierge last time), because the elevators are slow. The walk is super easy when you cut through the Grand, and I would definitely stay here again.

Okay, more to come... lots to tell you all!

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 12-12-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: pics!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #149
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Day 1-- Wednesday December 5th

Okay... so we headed into DCA around 10:30 am... went thru the Grand entrance, and got Soarin FPs right off... then headed for the Symphony Swings... on the way, we jumped on Little Mermaid (walk-on), so our 1st ride was before 11 am on the 1st day. Then we did Goofy's Sky School, and grabbed lunch at Paradise Garden Grill--I forgot to ask for the sauce on the side, and was past the point I needed to eat, so while it was good, I was feeling queasy, so I can't be real objective.

Then it was off to the Symphony Swings 2x without getting off, walked over (while my dd was being brave) and did Screamin (her 1st time ever!) and then came back and did the swinging gondola on the Fun Wheel. This was our longest line yet--15 minutes. As we were making our way around, I realized that my goal at not going into Radiator Springs the 1st day wasn't going to happen... so we walked through... A little note here... I LOVE Carsland... it is amazing!!!

90 minute line for the RSR, but only a 15 minute wait for the tires... I really liked these! Only got to ride once myself... dd and dh went on another day again. The trick is not to lean too much, and to stick with the lean... it takes a few to get the movement going in the direction you want. We saw so many people being inpatient switching their "lean" too fast... fun ride!! Tow Mater was only a 10 minute wait, and is super fun too... listening to Mater give safety precautions in Spanish is hilarious though!

We also walked on TOT and Monster's Inc, rode Soarin with our FPs... and got the 1st Starbucks of the trip... I am telling you that I did not factor in my hubby's need for good coffee in my budget. We went to Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical ALOT on this trip!! Oooh.. I wanted to say, while waiting for dh to get his caffeine, dd and I got to catch the Trolley/Newsboys show... super fun and cute! We saw this a couple times (we were around FF&P often) and we also saw 5 and Dime show a couple times. These were really great. Added so much to the theme of Buena Vista Street!

We park hopped at 3 pm to go see the parade, and go to Blue Bayou for a 4:50 pm dinner... CP was starting to crowd the entrance, but it was okay to get around (this night... more later.) The parade was supposed to start at 4, I thought it would start by Small world... but I was tricked, it ended at Small World... anyhow, we spent a long time trying to get near Small World in a spot we could see from. I am dead serious when I say I have NEVER seen so many people camped out for the parade... especially since it was a weekday! The parade was nice... but not my favorite. Maybe because we had to stand and look over people, I am sure that didn't help the ambiance.

Dinner was wonderful... dh got the jambalaya (he ate every bit), and I got the steak (don't remember the cut right now)... super tender. After dinner, DD wanted more big rides... so we did BTMRR (she used to hate this ride)... in the dark--and she loved it!! We went twice! We also did Pirates, and then it was time to go find a spot for the 8:45 fireworks.

The fireworks seating/standing was what ticked me off... we were about 3 groups back, on the road--slightly to the left of the castle (bad location BTW... sit right of the castle, but I digress.) And in past experience they have announced everyone needs to stay seated for the fireworks. This did not happen... and everyone domino effect stood up... so no one could see, and it was a bust. Really ticked me off. The fireworks were nice.... but again, not my favorite.... I liked the Halloween ones better and the regular ones they do with all the rides and the lasers around the hub (RDCT?)

Castle all lit up:

After the fireworks, we slowly strolled with the rest of the world out of DL (which was now closed) and made our way back to the hotel. It was a good first day. Lots of rides done, and everyone's feet were feeling pretty good still!

Day two later!

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 12-12-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: pics!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #150
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

I forgot to mention the vacation planning custom gift I ordered for my dd! When we got back to the room our first night, there was an enormous wicker basket on the bed (I wish there was some way to get it home!) inside were: a bouquet of 4 Mickey rice Krispy treats on a stick, a bag of Christmas candy corn, a big disney photo album, the Disneyland UNO game, the Christmas light (light up) necklace, green sequin ears headband with a red sequin bow (totally sold out I understand, and probably could have sold them to 20 different people we were asked about them so much), and a wrapped gift that had the Disney character figurine I asked for (Mickey, Minnie, goofy, Donald and chip & dale in a sleigh.) All for $147... This included a $40 custom basket charge, the rest was the actual cost of the items. Needless to say dd was thrilled!!

Totally worth it, and was a great surprise!

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 12-12-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added photo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: