Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #76
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY
 
Lorilais_mommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where it is cold!!
Posts: 2,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Certainly... I knew that was a cute phrase from your child and didn't want to look like I was stealing it!
no no.. not at all...


Of Course i'm the person that friends come running to when they are planning a trip to disney... ( i'm sure most of you know my pain)


I've been sending them to Part II, to get the best info..
however they couldn't find it..
Thank you for adding it... Now they should be able to find it.. (I would hope)
__________________
ME & DH DD (6) london (inf.)

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #77
02AggieGirl
DIS Veteran
 
02AggieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aggieland
Posts: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlouise View Post
I agree with the pp who said if they do it right, and put a lot of thought and effort into it, it will be great. If they just throw it together, it will suck, no matter what the names are or toward whom it's theoretically geared.
I third this!
__________________
DH & Me DD9.5 DD7.5 DD 5
02AggieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #78
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY
 
Lorilais_mommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where it is cold!!
Posts: 2,427

so i had a thought last night..
( can't rememebr if i've said this before)

Since it looks like pixie hallow will be scraped..

Why not bring in CARSLAND!
With cars 2 opening, and the new land opening in DL
It would be a great fit..

That being said..
There is a Pixie hallow in DL that does VERY well..

What you think?

* I also don't understand why they don't let girls have this little bit of the park
__________________
ME & DH DD (6) london (inf.)

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #79
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
so i had a thought last night..
( can't rememebr if i've said this before)

Since it looks like pixie hallow will be scraped..

Why not bring in CARSLAND!
With cars 2 opening, and the new land opening in DL
It would be a great fit..

That being said..
There is a Pixie hallow in DL that does VERY well..

What you think?

* I also don't understand why they don't let girls have this little bit of the park
Hey there!

Clearly the popularity of the current Pixie Hollow was not their criteria here. Otherwise that line to PH in Toontown wouldn't have remained as steadily long as it did.

I'm thinking it had more to do with the popularity of the merchandise franchise. I mean....... we bought a few Tink things over the years, but the rest of the fairies? Nah. We enjoyed meeting them in the park, but I always felt like that entire like was being pushed merely to sell product, instead of letting the product from a line that could sustain itself.

That said, if that's the case, I think it's a shame if merchandise sales were the focus of what they do in the renovation. I know..... naive of me....... lecture all anyone wants......... I prefer to live in la la land..........

And I think I've made my feelings known enough times on them stripping all the girl centered things from the renovation...........

I think they need to pick a few things and do them REALLY WELL. We all know Disney has the capability of doing that. Any time you start trying to be ALL THINGS to ALL PEOPLE, you start to run into trouble........

And as for Cars Land........... they really ought to put that over at Pixar Park............ uh...... excuse me........ Hollywood Studios.......
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #80
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY
 
Lorilais_mommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where it is cold!!
Posts: 2,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Hey there!


And as for Cars Land........... they really ought to put that over at Pixar Park............ uh...... excuse me........ Hollywood Studios.......
Yea it would work better there...
Also with talks of the Monsters inc roller coaster... ( I hope with a new monsters movie )
__________________
ME & DH DD (6) london (inf.)

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #81
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Yea it would work better there...
Also with talks of the Monsters inc roller coaster... ( I hope with a new monsters movie )
It would be a much needed shot in the arm for that park. TSM is a great attraction and all.... but part of the insanity comes from the fact that there just isn't enough for the younger set there..........
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #82
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran
 
ipodluvr287's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
It would be a much needed shot in the arm for that park. TSM is a great attraction and all.... but part of the insanity comes from the fact that there just isn't enough for the younger set there..........
After they finish this Fantasyland project, they definitely need to work on Hollywood Studios. In my opinion, it has the least things to do. I know its more geared towards shows, but you can only watch so many shows in one day. The only big appeals at that Park are Toy Story Mania, Tower of terror, Rock n Rollercoaster, and Fantasmic. I do think the Beauty and the Beast show is wonderful and has good appeal though, even though its a show. This park can be done in half a day if you go just to do the rides. Honestly, you could probably spend more time at Animal Kingdom. I think a Carsland like the one at DL would be a good idea, and so would a Monsters Inc coaster. They need to put more E-Ticket attractions in this park because Tower of Terror, Rock n Rollercoaster, and Toy Story Mania stay crowded ALL DAY. The fact that Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster are right next to each other certainly doesn't help distribution of crowds either. Sunset Blvd stays crowded ALL DAY not just because of those, but also because of Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic. They also need to revamp the characters that are at Hollywood and Vine. They need to get rid of the dumb Playhouse Disney characters and pull in some other ones. I think the Peter Pan character meal is a good idea, but I'm not sure it would fit in here.
__________________
ASMu June 2000 | ASMu Family Suite Sept 2010 | Offsite Dec 2010
My Tumblrs: Disney Face Character Blog & Personal Blog
ipodluvr287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #83
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories
 
skater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,499

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
After they finish this Fantasyland project, they definitely need to work on Hollywood Studios. In my opinion, it has the least things to do. I know its more geared towards shows, but you can only watch so many shows in one day. The only big appeals at that Park are Toy Story Mania, Tower of terror, Rock n Rollercoaster, and Fantasmic. I do think the Beauty and the Beast show is wonderful and has good appeal though, even though its a show. This park can be done in half a day if you go just to do the rides. Honestly, you could probably spend more time at Animal Kingdom. I think a Carsland like the one at DL would be a good idea, and so would a Monsters Inc coaster. They need to put more E-Ticket attractions in this park because Tower of Terror, Rock n Rollercoaster, and Toy Story Mania stay crowded ALL DAY. The fact that Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster are right next to each other certainly doesn't help distribution of crowds either. Sunset Blvd stays crowded ALL DAY not just because of those, but also because of Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic. They also need to revamp the characters that are at Hollywood and Vine. They need to get rid of the dumb Playhouse Disney characters and pull in some other ones. I think the Peter Pan character meal is a good idea, but I'm not sure it would fit in here.

Yes! These crowds and few attractions are why we usually spend just part of a day at DHS. And the mess at RD is getting scary.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #84
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessArlena'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,332

Once Star Tours reopens, the RD rush will split between this and TSM.

Problem with DHS is that it is not well designed. Instead of the hub/spoke model (AK/MK) or adjacent circles (EP), you have a bunch of dead ends. This makes the park seem more crowded.

As for Fantasyland: it seems rather strange, to me, that they would make this big announcement and unveil the plans, and then apparently change it without making it clear what was being changed. If they are taking all of those princess meet/greets out, and PH, and taking out Snow White, then what are they replacing all of that with? That's a LOT of space.

Oh, and what's the source of the Snow White removal rumors? How reliable is this rumor (I really hope it is not true)
__________________
PrincessArlena'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #85
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran
 
Berlioz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post
Problem with DHS is that it is not well designed. Instead of the hub/spoke model (AK/MK) or adjacent circles (EP), you have a bunch of dead ends.
Agreed! I wish Sunset Blvd could somehow wrap around to the Animation Courtyard.
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #86
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!
 
d1gitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lexington, MA
Posts: 4,384

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post
...As for Fantasyland: it seems rather strange, to me, that they would make this big announcement and unveil the plans, and then apparently change it without making it clear what was being changed...
Personally i think this is intentional. Why would they really show their hand from the get go?
d1gitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #87
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessArlena'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,332

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1gitman View Post
Personally i think this is intentional. Why would they really show their hand from the get go?
To generate excitement. Get people talking about going to WDW in the next two years. Get people to start making sure they have the time/money for a WDW vacation, and decide to spend their next vacation at WDW, and start planning, getting the planning DVD, the maps, etc.
__________________
PrincessArlena'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #88
Thumper_ehhhhh
Better to have been tagged and lost, than to never have been tagged at all
Looping all the way
 
Thumper_ehhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oakville Ont Can
Posts: 1,326

I think they have already done that. The intrest is huge. People want to see the end project no matter what it ends up being.
__________________
Trevor
Pentax K100D
2004 Suburban 4x4 LS Stolen
2003 Sierra crewcab 4x4 burbs replacement.
2005 Kodiak 25QB HTT
DD DS DW and Myself
Proud member of
Team Focker Watch.
Fort Fiends. Long live the Musket
Thumper_ehhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #89
GoofEeyore26
Mouseketeer
 
GoofEeyore26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 191

Rumors are there is going to be a press event on tuesday after mk closing to announce all the updated FLE changes (such as snow white removal, mine coaster, circus land).
__________________

Jan '14 - AKL Dec '13 - POFQ Aug '13 - ASMu Sep '12 - BW Dec '11 - ASMo
Feb '11 - POR Dec '10 - POFQ Jan '10 - YC May '09 - POP Jul '08 - CBR Mar '90 - Poly
GoofEeyore26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #90
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessArlena'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_ehhhhh View Post
I think they have already done that. The intrest is huge. People want to see the end project no matter what it ends up being.
For the obsessed here on the Dis, yes.

For the general public: they aren't going to plan a vacation 2 yrs ahead when they don't even know what's going to be there.

Well, some do this anyway (looking at the "funniest things I've heard" thread")
__________________
PrincessArlena'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: