Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #766
AliceinMaryland
Mouseketeer

Am I the only one not excited by the Little Mermaid ride? It's like Nemo but with Ariel, all slow and riding in clam shells. It just seems boring. I've watched the videos of the CA version. I mean, I'm sure it will be nice to ride and be in air conditioning and I will ride everytime I go but I'm not excited by it. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a different story though!!! Very excited for that one!!!

AliceinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #767
nytimez
Nihilist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceinMaryland View Post
Am I the only one not excited by the Little Mermaid ride? It's like Nemo but with Ariel, all slow and riding in clam shells. It just seems boring. I've watched the videos of the CA version. I mean, I'm sure it will be nice to ride and be in air conditioning and I will ride everytime I go but I'm not excited by it. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a different story though!!! Very excited for that one!!!
You're not alone. Until they added Snow White, FLE was a whole lotta noise over nothin' in my book.

This isn't nearly as big a deal as it's being made out to be.
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #768
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ITA!!!!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #769
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

I'm perplexed right now. We are planning a fall of 2012 trip and I had settled on dates in mid-September. Now I am nervous that one of two things is going to happen:

1. We will miss the opening of the first phase by a week or even a day and not get to see any of the new stuff (just my luck!)
2. We will be there for the opening and it will be packed and chaotic (I choose to go in September to avoid the crowds!)...

Ideally, I'd like to be there a week or two AFTER the phase one opening. In the past, how far out has Disney given set dates for openings such as this?

TandLMommy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #770
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

I also agree (and I LOVE the Little Mermaid). I'm excited for the updated theming and forest areas of the park. I visit MK so often that I do not ride attractions very often anyway. If they do the ambiance well, I'll be happy.
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #771
disneyphilip
DIS Veteran

The Little Mermaid attraction is just fine as it is. And I think it is something to be excited about.

Please join the "Bring Back the Country Bear Christmas Show" group on Facebook today!

We don't need anymore "Blue Christmases" without it...
disneyphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #772
keypooh90
Lovatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyphilip View Post
The Little Mermaid attraction is just fine as it is. And I think it is something to be excited about.

I agree! I'm very excited about it! It's another classic dark ride. I love the FL dark ride attractions.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #773
freepixie
Tanoshi
Dale kept taking my napkin
And here I thought only the Yeti would eat people

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyphilip View Post
I very much agree!! I'm also one of the Nemo fans too - I love that ride!! Not every ride needs to be super-fast or sensory overload - I really like the simple rides and enjoying every minute of it!

No matter what you ride in Disney, its better than being at work lol!

Tower of Terror Inaugural 10-Miler I like it HOT HOT HOT 2:10.08

Princess Half Marathon 2012 I DID IT!!! 2:58.06
freepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #774
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

I'm really excited for the new Little Mermaid ride! I've been waiting for it, since I was about 6yrs old! I'll probably jump up and down the first time I get in line .
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #775
AliceinMaryland
Mouseketeer

What is making you excited for the Little Mermaid ride??? I'm so not being confrontational, I just don't get it. I love everything about Disney as much as the rest of you but I can't get excited by this ride. Is it just that you've grown up with watching the movie and love it so much that any ride that features Ariel would be worth it to you?

Old 06-11-2011, 06:30 AM   #776
runskimom
Earning My Ears

when do you think we'll have dates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28 View Post
I'm perplexed right now. We are planning a fall of 2012 trip and I had settled on dates in mid-September. Now I am nervous that one of two things is going to happen:

1. We will miss the opening of the first phase by a week or even a day and not get to see any of the new stuff (just my luck!)
2. We will be there for the opening and it will be packed and chaotic (I choose to go in September to avoid the crowds!)...

Ideally, I'd like to be there a week or two AFTER the phase one opening. In the past, how far out has Disney given set dates for openings such as this?
My first post. I have been reading this board and love all the advice and finally joined. Love WDW and this board! TandL's question above is a great one. Anybody know historically the timeline for when Disney would disclose estimated opening dates? Not, when will FLE open, but when will they tell us the projected opening dates?
runskimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #777
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

I agree with you. When I saw the concept on youtube I was completely excited! But after seeing the actual ride it was a huge let down.

That said, I am still very excited about the FL expansion!

By the way, I don't get it when people say being at WDW is better than being at work. I know being a WDW is better than being at work, but at work I'm not spending thousands of dollars! Also, a LOT of places are better than being at work!

Quote:
What is making you excited for the Little Mermaid ride??? I'm so not being confrontational, I just don't get it. I love everything about Disney as much as the rest of you but I can't get excited by this ride. Is it just that you've grown up with watching the movie and love it so much that any ride that features Ariel would be worth it to you?

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #778
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wondered the same thing too. Yes, it's new. Yes, it's Little Mermaid which hasn't really had a ride. Yes, the expansion as a whole is very exciting!! But.....for anyone who has seen the video of the DL version, it's basically the same thing as Nemo. I mean, even down to the ride vehicles. I guess I'm disappointed that with all of Disney's AMAZINGLY talented imagineers, this was the best they could come up with.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:03 AM   #779
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
What makes me so excited - is because it is at Disney World .

So after riding that, I can head over to Splash Mountain, then over to Epcot for Soarin' and a quick Beverly photo, then over to AK to watch FOTLK, hop on over to DHS and ride the new Star Tours, and back to MK to take a pic of the beast's castle.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #780
AliceinMaryland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I guess I'm disappointed that with all of Disney's AMAZINGLY talented imagineers, this was the best they could come up with.
That's exactly how I feel

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: