Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #61
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Seriously?

And yes....... not only did they go too far.... but it honestly appears to be part of an overall plan to rid the park of any of that nasty girl specific stuff. I wondered what the heck was up with renaming the carousel, but it seems to fit now.

Someone........ email Disney quick! Remind them they don't have to close Snow White! Maybe it can be the Snow Prince ride!

My understanding is that Pixie Hollow has bitten the dust now too.

But is anyone surprised? This all started after they got a new head of Parks. He has 3 boys. No girls.

I said it before. I'll say it again. The expansion did not NEED equal time. It WAS equal time.
well, I was being sarcastic and exaggerating with the 14

The thing to me is rather than just tweak things or maybe add some more boy things they just scrap tons of stuff people were looking forward to

I mean, couldn't they alter the Pixie Hallow to also include the Lost Boys? something like that rather than scrapping everything?

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #62
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
well, I was being sarcastic and exaggerating with the 14

The thing to me is rather than just tweak things or maybe add some more boy things they just scrap tons of stuff people were looking forward to

I mean, couldn't they alter the Pixie Hallow to also include the Lost Boys? something like that rather than scrapping everything?
I sort of figured......I've done my own share of exaggerating for effect here too....

I agree there needed to be a nice in-between. To make a big announcement with all that fanfare, then to scrap so much of it so soon...... looked SO amateur..........
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #63
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Once Toontown is closed, it is rumored that Tink will go to DHS and the other fairies will go to Epcot, but this is not certain.
Just a quick note... this is not a rumor, this was announced officially by the Disney Parks Blog. The link is in the first post.
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #64
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They have not said. I like to think that they will put the new one in place before closing the old one, but there's no way to know yet. For me, Dumbo was never about the ride itself, but the view of the castle and Fantasyland, the heart and soul of the Magic Kingdom. Now that it's moving away from the castle, I'm just not that excited about it any more. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it is.
I think they will probably wait to move Dumbo until its almost opening time for that part of the expansion because it is such a popular ride and it probably won't be that hard to move. They'll probably do a little refurb on it though.

I do agree that I like Dumbo because of the view of Fantasyland and the castle plus other parts of MK. I will miss that when they move it, however it is a classic ride.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #65
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Subscribing because we go to Disney in May and I want to keep up with all of this.

We've never been so it's sad to me that all of the Toontown parts we have read about are going to be gone but then again, it's hard to miss what you've never had. Maybe????

Last edited by BridgetR3; 01-10-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: forgot to subscribe....DOH!
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #66
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

They should make the tree in Peter Pan where the lost boys are and make it an interactive thing, kind of like the tree at Pooh's cue, except more intricate. I think that would be cute!

I would just love a mermaid lagoon.

There needs to be more Sleeping Beauty and Aladdin!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #67
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

this one got started rather quick - don't threads go up to 250 pages?
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #68
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

It was started more because the owner of the previous thread was away for over a month, but she has since returned.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #69
MommyBell08
DIS Veteran

sub

ASMo'04*O.S.'06*POP'07*POP'09*CSR'09*AKV'11(KV)*AK V'12(J)*OKW'12 OHANA ....Coming soon AKV'14 and SSR'14

MommyBell08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #70
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
this one got started rather quick - don't threads go up to 250 pages?
I will update the 1st post of the 1st thread, with info post on both threads..
untill it hits 250..
This way people who do not want read through both threads will get all the info they need..

Also If the owner on this thread could add the "mickey gets evicted" into the title of thread that would be great..
I had people e-mailing me saying they can't find Part II..
Thanks

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #71
Magalex
DIS Veteran

Can't wait until 2013-2014. We just love anything new at Disney. The only wish can we get anything more creative with the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. I knew the story in 1978 but it has become the ghost from the past.
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #72
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magalex View Post
Can't wait until 2013-2014. We just love anything new at Disney. The only wish can we get anything more creative with the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. I knew the story in 1978 but it has become the ghost from the past.

I know it may seem out dated, but my 4yr old who knows nothing of the Swiss Family Robinson (other than it being their tree house) absolutely loves it. It's one of her favorite things in all of wdw. She thinks it's really neat to be able to climb up so high in a ' house.' We had to walk through it several times last trip. We weren't the only ones. A lot of kids seemed to be enjoying it and we were not there at a busy time of year.

I think it'd be better just to polish it up a bit. I have a feeling the story is one that will recycle through the years.

Not arguing, just my two cents
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #73
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Also If the owner on this thread could add the "mickey gets evicted" into the title of thread that would be great..
I had people e-mailing me saying they can't find Part II..
Thanks
Certainly... I knew that was a cute phrase from your child and didn't want to look like I was stealing it!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #74
midnightlouise
steady rollin' woman

subbing...great thread. I was thinking when I first read it that it looked like a lot of princess stuff going on, but then to turn around and seem like they are scrambling to make it non-gender specific makes me wonder what the end result will be...I'm excited about it just the same!

I have boys, and they'll probably love the little mermaid ride and the castle, whether they name it after Belle or the Beast. When I was a girl, I didn't really care about princess stuff, so there will be boys who will think it is great and girls would rather be Luke Skywalker and ride POTC.

I agree with the pp who said if they do it right, and put a lot of thought and effort into it, it will be great. If they just throw it together, it will suck, no matter what the names are or toward whom it's theoretically geared.

1977 - 1989 numerous trips to WDW as a kid; 1991 - WDW; 1996 (honeymoon) - WDW; 1999 - WDW; 2001 (Noah's first trip) - WDW; 2004 (Elijah's first trip) - AKL; 2006 - DLR; 2009 - CBR; 2010 - CSR; Nov/Dec 2011 - WL, CBR; Oct/Nov 2013 - CSR
midnightlouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #75
tarheel_girl
Mouseketeer

I am wondering when the fairies move to EPCOT, will they move them to the character spot? There are so many different places to meet the fab 5 just makes me think maybe they'll put the fairies there. My DD 4 LOVES Tink and all of her friends. I certainly hope that I don't have to go to two parks to see all of the fairies. (Tink in one, other fairies in another). I teach a same gender Kindergarten so I find all of the gender posts very interesting. I would love to see a Tink/Peter Pan character meal. It would be so cool to get to meet Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Mr. Smee, Tink and all of the fairies at one spot. Folks with boys and girls would like that!
tarheel_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: