Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #31
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julirina View Post
I don't have the DVD -- what's the virtual ride like?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBUMR...eature=related
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #32
julirina
Close your mouth, Michael. We are not a codfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
That was cool...thanks for sharing. Seriously, if MK incorporates snail cars instead of clam-mobiles I would feel much better about it. I know, it's such a stupid little thing...but duplicating the clams just really bugs me. Maybe they'll keep the clams for DCA and WDW will get something different!

julirina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #33
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Thanks for the link! I tried to find it when I first built this thread... I'll post the link on the first page!
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #34
scarscar93
DIS Veteran

Oh my, that video. Absolutely amazing. I can almost feel what it would be like to be on that ride.

Now I definitely need to make sure my class goes to Grad Nite instead of Grad Bash.

I'd hate for Snow White to close, it's just such a nice, classic dark ride.

(tumblr)
scarscar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #35
TinkerMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
It's important to remember that the ride that is being built, althought it may end up having some similarities, is NOT the one on the DVD. The big difference is that the one on the DVD has the cars suspended from an overhead track like Peter Pan's Flight, but the one that is being built has been confirmed to be an omni-mover like Haunted Mansion.

Dan
Ok. That makes sense, but I still can't shake the feeling that it's going to end up being essentially the same thing. Yes, the omni-mover makes it different, Scuttle narrating makes it different, and going backwards at some point makes it different but I don't see how they could honestly make it truly different since it's the exact same story. I guess we could say that from the ashes of the ride that almost was comes the new ride that opens this year. That still doesn't explain why there is over a decade between them. Maybe the original concept was too ambitious construction wise so they canned it until they could come up with the version that's opening soon. I hope it's as good as if not better than its ancestor on the DVD.

WDW: Oct ‘97 OS...Aug ‘02 OS & The Grand Floridian...Aug-Sept ‘04 Coronado Springs...Sept ‘05 The Polynesian DL: Aug ‘07 The Disneyland Hotel...2008-2009~8 trips with AP~2 BDAYs DCL: Aug-Sept ‘02 The Disney Wonder~4-night Bahamas...Aug-Sept ‘05 The Disney Magic~the original 14-night Eastbound Panama Canal cruise~Sweet 16...May 2010 The Disney Magic~11-night Mediterranean~21st BDAY
TinkerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #36
girls
Mouseketeer

I know Toontown will be closed in the fall. We were there last fall (Oct '10) and a good bit of Fantasyland was closed. There aren't plans to close more of Fantasyland before the expansion are there?
girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #37
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by girls View Post
I know Toontown will be closed in the fall. We were there last fall (Oct '10) and a good bit of Fantasyland was closed. There aren't plans to close more of Fantasyland before the expansion are there?
Nope, at least not on the same scale (Ariel's Grotto, Pooh's Playful Spot, Scuttle's Landing, etc). IASW was down during your visit, but that was not FLE-related. At some point Dumbo will go down to be moved, but that should be about it. If some rumors are true, then Snow White will eventually shut down permanently as well, but I don't put much stock in that just yet.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #38
AnthonyJPreston
Mouseketeer

Last edited by AnthonyJPreston; 08-22-2012 at 01:27 AM.
AnthonyJPreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #39
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Can I just say... I LOVE the new Pooh queue.

Speaking of Pooh, I also like this new poster for his upcoming movie (courtesy Stitch Kingdom)

Old 01-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #40
freepixie
Tanoshi
Dale kept taking my napkin
And here I thought only the Yeti would eat people

Subbing This thread is awesome!

Tower of Terror Inaugural 10-Miler I like it HOT HOT HOT 2:10.08

Princess Half Marathon 2012 I DID IT!!! 2:58.06
freepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #41
Dr.Mickey
Mouseketeer

Plans for Goofy's Barnstormer:

Will the ride be torn down? Or will it be re-themed? I have seen one sentence on a site somewhere (very specific, I know) that said it would be re-themed as a clown coaster. Every other link I can find simply says the ride will be closed when Toontown closes. Thanks for the info or links.
Dr.Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #42
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

There was a rumor going around that it was going to be rethemed as a clown coaster, but not from any reputable site.

A more reputable rumor is that it is still going to be themed with Goofy... but as some sort of ring master theme, I've heard, "The Great Goofini."

A Google search with several Great Goofini references.

The only announcement from Disney is that it is being saved and rethemed, but as what remains unknown.

Last edited by Berlioz70; 01-07-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #43
Dr.Mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
There was a rumor going around that it was going to be rethemed as a clown coaster, but not from any reputable site.

A more reputable rumor is that it is still going to be themed with Goofy... but as some sort of magician theme, I've heard, "The Great Goofino."

The only announcement from Disney is that it is being saved and rethemed, but as what remains unknown.

Thanks for the answer. My boys (ages 6, 3, 3) love the ride and would be sad if it was gone for good. I will miss the Goofy airplane cut-out in the wall of the barn, but I'm glad it will be saved in some form. That was a pretty good theme for a kiddy coaster.
Dr.Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #44
girls
Mouseketeer

Me obsessing over our fall trip again. :-)

If they are moving Dumbo, then it will have to be closed at some point, right? Any idea on when that would happen. (Hopefully not before September!)
girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #45
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by girls View Post
Me obsessing over our fall trip again. :-)

If they are moving Dumbo, then it will have to be closed at some point, right? Any idea on when that would happen. (Hopefully not before September!)
They have not said. I like to think that they will put the new one in place before closing the old one, but there's no way to know yet. For me, Dumbo was never about the ride itself, but the view of the castle and Fantasyland, the heart and soul of the Magic Kingdom. Now that it's moving away from the castle, I'm just not that excited about it any more. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it is.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: