Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #3346
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Pepper Market is not run by Disney, it's a company called Spring Foods. They operate all of the food locations at Coronado.
Thanks! I didn't realize that. So I guess the places that do charge a service fee are non-Disney owned, which means hopefully there's slim chance that BOG will charge one.
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #3347
electricsoup
Roller Derby Disney Princess
 
electricsoup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Seems the rose thing is only temporary.
I didn't get that impression at all dining there.

The rose was integrated into the ordering screens, showing how to use it with the terminal and everything. I suppose time will tell.

I too wanted it to look like more of a real rose than a blob. Also, it worked poorly, and a CM had to come help us get it to work (and we're not usually people who need assistance with technical stuff).
__________________



Past Visits: 10/14 GF, 11/13 (offsite)/12/13 (RPC GF!!), 1/13 (GF), 10/12 (BLT & CR 1 night!) 2/12 (GF), 6/11 (GF), 4/10 (GF), '06 (Pop), 10/04 (CBR), 10/03 (CBR), 3/96, 89, 85 (Off property)
electricsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #3348
pmama
DIS Veteran
 
pmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,251

We will be there from the 9th-20th. We are not AP holders and don't plan to do MVMCP. We are planning on hitting MK on the 20th when FLE is open to general public. We'd like to spend 1/2 day seeing New Fantasyland. We'd like to do everything new including lunch at BOG (nervous lines will be huge). Is there a touring plan guide or are there suggestions as to how best tackle this?
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #3349
mommyarewegoingback
DIS Veteran
 
mommyarewegoingback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn
Thanks for the Be Our Guest lunch link. A few questions.....

1. Is there a service charge like at other CS restaurants that deliver your food to you?
2. What time does lunch begin?
3. Does anyone else worry that the plethora of options on the digital menus (choices, pictures, substitutions, nutrition info, etc...) will cause for line back ups while people scroll through everything?

We currently have a dinner reservation for November 19, but prefer the lunch menu. If we can get into all three rooms for lunch, we might cancel the dinner ressie and take a chance at lunch and save ourselves some money and have food we prefer. I think I'd also feel more comfortable walking around and taking pictures during lunch when it's more "casual."
I'll take your dinner reservations . I can't wait to see BOG. We have AP preview for the 16th.
__________________
Mom of 2 Disney Nuts (DS 13) (DD 10)
WDW 4/97, 4/99, 5/00, 10/02, 2/03, 5/03, 10/03, 12/04, 1/05, 4/05, 7/05, 10/05, 5/06, 7/06, 11/06, 4/07, 11/07, 12/08, 7/09, 11/09 (& DCL Magic), 5/10, 8/10, 12/10, 5/11 (& DCL Dream), 12/11, 5/12, 8/12, 11/12, 4/13, 5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 7/14, 5/14, 12/14
mommyarewegoingback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #3350
DreamBigLiveGrand
Earning My Ears
 
DreamBigLiveGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 34

We just returned from our vacation and attended the Annual Passholder preview. While I'm sure others have said this before, it didn't really matter which itinerary you choose, as you were allowed to freely roam the area. It did seem quite crowded. We arrived at 11:00 as it took us forever to get from the hotel to the TTC and back to Magic Kingdom. I don't want to go into incredible detail but I noticed a few things. It was extremely hot even during November since most of the queues are outdoors and the sun beats directly on the New Fantasyland. I'm curious to see if some places, like Enchanted Tales with Belle, will have umbrellas during the hot summer. Also, we got in line for Enchanted Tales with Belle and luckily were able to see the show with about a 30 minute wait. After we exited the building, we could hear Cast Members tell guests that the queue was full and they couldn't fit anyone else there. I'm thinking they might be reluctant to bring in the silver chains, as Disney might think that ruins the theming. We were one of the lucky ones that got to eat at Be Our Guest for quick service lunch. I had the Carved Turkey, which was amazing. It didn't actually have a flavor of turkey but more of roasted chicken. We also had one of the Chocolate Cupcakes and the whole family agreed that it was the best cupcake on property for 2.99.

Overall I liked the New Fantasyland and I can't wait for the Mine Train to open.

I haven't heard much about this but when is the princess meet and greet, that is located where Snow White's Scary Adventures used to be, supposed to open?
DreamBigLiveGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #3351
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamBigLiveGrand
We just returned from our vacation and attended the Annual Passholder preview. While I'm sure others have said this before, it didn't really matter which itinerary you choose, as you were allowed to freely roam the area. It did seem quite crowded. We arrived at 11:00 as it took us forever to get from the hotel to the TTC and back to Magic Kingdom. I don't want to go into incredible detail but I noticed a few things. It was extremely hot even during November since most of the queues are outdoors and the sun beats directly on the New Fantasyland. I'm curious to see if some places, like Enchanted Tales with Belle, will have umbrellas during the hot summer. Also, we got in line for Enchanted Tales with Belle and luckily were able to see the show with about a 30 minute wait. After we exited the building, we could hear Cast Members tell guests that the queue was full and they couldn't fit anyone else there. I'm thinking they might be reluctant to bring in the silver chains, as Disney might think that ruins the theming. We were one of the lucky ones that got to eat at Be Our Guest for quick service lunch. I had the Carved Turkey, which was amazing. It didn't actually have a flavor of turkey but more of roasted chicken. We also had one of the Chocolate Cupcakes and the whole family agreed that it was the best cupcake on property for 2.99.

Overall I liked the New Fantasyland and I can't wait for the Mine Train to open.

I haven't heard much about this but when is the princess meet and greet, that is located where Snow White's Scary Adventures used to be, supposed to open?
Late next year is the consistent rumor.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #3352
derrickmom
DIS Veteran
 
derrickmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamBigLiveGrand
We just returned from our vacation and attended the Annual Passholder preview. While I'm sure others have said this before, it didn't really matter which itinerary you choose, as you were allowed to freely roam the area. It did seem quite crowded. We arrived at 11:00 as it took us forever to get from the hotel to the TTC and back to Magic Kingdom. I don't want to go into incredible detail but I noticed a few things. It was extremely hot even during November since most of the queues are outdoors and the sun beats directly on the New Fantasyland. I'm curious to see if some places, like Enchanted Tales with Belle, will have umbrellas during the hot summer. Also, we got in line for Enchanted Tales with Belle and luckily were able to see the show with about a 30 minute wait. After we exited the building, we could hear Cast Members tell guests that the queue was full and they couldn't fit anyone else there. I'm thinking they might be reluctant to bring in the silver chains, as Disney might think that ruins the theming. We were one of the lucky ones that got to eat at Be Our Guest for quick service lunch. I had the Carved Turkey, which was amazing. It didn't actually have a flavor of turkey but more of roasted chicken. We also had one of the Chocolate Cupcakes and the whole family agreed that it was the best cupcake on property for 2.99.

Overall I liked the New Fantasyland and I can't wait for the Mine Train to open.

I haven't heard much about this but when is the princess meet and greet, that is located where Snow White's Scary Adventures used to be, supposed to open?
Thank you for the update! My daughter has been talking about the Chocolate Cupcake for a week ( I showed her a picture). BOG here we come! Nov 19th
__________________

1990 off site
2009 POP 3/4 deal~June
2010 November POP free dining Thanksgiving
2011 November POP free dining Thanksgiving

April 2012 off site
November 2012 Thanksgiving POP free dining
November 2013 Thanksgiving POP free dining
July Coronado Springs Nationals Dance Competition

Me,Hubbie,daughter
BLUE the dog
derrickmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #3353
aprestwich
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 81

I took my older boys to Magic Kingdom last night while everyone else stayed at the hotel after spending a bit of time in Tomorrowland, we decided to go up to Fantasyland for Wishes, sometimes it's fun to watch from there with the fireworks all around you. We passed by the entrance and they had the "Not doing Dress Rehearsals" at this time, but I asked if they would be doing any more public previews this week, she said yes! Come on in!

Had a blast exploring at night, went on the ride twice with zero line, met Ariel with no line and they each enjoyed a Lefou's Brew.

The theming is so interesting, especially at night although I found some areas could use a little more light to show off the landscaping. The Little Mermaid ride was fun as well, it looked and even smells new still. My only thought on it is that it moves through the story pretty quick, so if you didn't know the story already you'd probably not get it all.

Can't wait for our next trip in the spring when it's fully open and we can try out BoG too.

Andrew
__________________
Well on our way to staying at every Walt Disney World Resort Hotel!
November 2014 (12 Days) - Yacht Club - Club Level
May 2014 (16 Days) - Port Orleans French Quarter then Disney Magic 12 Day Eastbound Transatlantic!
March 2014 (8 Days) - Beach Club
November 2013 (7 Days) - Yacht Club then Disney Fantasy 7 Day Western Cruise!
May 2013 (12 Days) - Yacht Club
November 2012 (15 Days) - Port Orleans French Quarter & Art of Animation (Nemo!)
March 2012 (5 Days) - Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2011 (12 Days) - Yacht Club, All Star Sports, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Contemporary Resort
March 2011 (14 Days) -Port Orleans French Quarter, Coronado Springs Resort, Grand Floridian (Club Level), Vero Beach Resort, Beach Club (Club Level) & Contemporary Resort
December 2010 (8 Days) - Port Orleans French Quarter & Wilderness Lodge Villas
September 2010 (12 Days) - Boardwalk, Coronado Springs & Polyneasian
April 2010 (12 Days) - Saratoga Springs Resort & Wilderness Lodge
January 2010 (2 Days) - Wilderness Lodge
Sept. 2009 (12 Days) - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs Resort & Polynesian
Feb. 2009 (8 Days) - Offsite, Animal Kingdom Lodge & Caribbean Beach plus 7 Days on the Disney Magic

Yes, if you are counting that over 100 days in Walt Disney World in just over 4 years!
aprestwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #3354
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprestwich View Post
I took my older boys to Magic Kingdom last night while everyone else stayed at the hotel after spending a bit of time in Tomorrowland, we decided to go up to Fantasyland for Wishes, sometimes it's fun to watch from there with the fireworks all around you. We passed by the entrance and they had the "Not doing Dress Rehearsals" at this time, but I asked if they would be doing any more public previews this week, she said yes! Come on in!

Had a blast exploring at night, went on the ride twice with zero line, met Ariel with no line and they each enjoyed a Lefou's Brew.

The theming is so interesting, especially at night although I found some areas could use a little more light to show off the landscaping. The Little Mermaid ride was fun as well, it looked and even smells new still. My only thought on it is that it moves through the story pretty quick, so if you didn't know the story already you'd probably not get it all.

Can't wait for our next trip in the spring when it's fully open and we can try out BoG too.

Andrew
Ah, consistency. It's so refreshing. I was es-oh-el Saturday night in the same situation.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #3355
derrickmom
DIS Veteran
 
derrickmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Ah, consistency. It's so refreshing. I was es-oh-el Saturday night in the same situation.
Well maybe we will try to check it out the 18th!
__________________

1990 off site
2009 POP 3/4 deal~June
2010 November POP free dining Thanksgiving
2011 November POP free dining Thanksgiving

April 2012 off site
November 2012 Thanksgiving POP free dining
November 2013 Thanksgiving POP free dining
July Coronado Springs Nationals Dance Competition

Me,Hubbie,daughter
BLUE the dog
derrickmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #3356
familygoboston
Mouseketeer
 
familygoboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 339

My cousin went to FLE this week. I'm sharing some photos...(not the best camera, she used her phone, but I like seeing them just to get excited)
Future M&G area


Maurices cottage











This is the book mark she got for participating in the Enchanted Tales with Belle














BOG








__________________
EuroDisney, Paris 1994
Disney Magic Bahamas Cruise 2002
ABD La Pura Vida Costa Rica 2007
ABD Andean Highlands and Galapagos Islands 2012
Photo Review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987674
WDW- visits since 1976, lost count a long time ago.
familygoboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #3357
TSR6
CT
 
TSR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Frozen Tundra
Posts: 1,435

I haven't read through the entire thread (yet) - but I figured since this is the big topic for the new area... ya'll might want to get a preview of the new Mermaid ride.

Spoiler Alert: Ride Preview -- Journey of the Little Mermaid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn9Caz402jU

TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #3358
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
My cousin went to FLE this week. I'm sharing some photos...(not the best camera, she used her phone, but I like seeing them just to get excited)
Future M&G area
Were there other princesses on the outside of the FairyTale Hall? Wondering if Belle will meet there once it opens next year. Aurora and Rapunzel will probably be in there too.
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #3359
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII
 
CentralFloridian99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Were there other princesses on the outside of the FairyTale Hall? Wondering if Belle will meet there once it opens next year. Aurora and Rapunzel will probably be in there too.
Only Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Tiana, and Jasmine will meet in Fairytale hall.
__________________
In search of a new signature, maybe even an avatar too.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #3360
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?
 
t_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OK
Posts: 3,835

What's with the lacking of Belle m&g lately?
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: