Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #3331
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 631

Love the review, and I am especially excited about the fact that you can get nutritional information for every item! I hope this is the start of a trend at Disney. Many people have dietary needs related to nutritional info (and a list of ingredients just doesn't cut it when you need to know carb counts to adjust your medication, etc.), and Disney has refused to provide that info until now. This is a great move!
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #3332
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?
 
t_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OK
Posts: 3,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug

I agree, all except that Rose... I had visions of it looking more like a real rose, not a blob of playdough.

Also, I'm not sure how the system will work for special dietary needs... I suppose the man handing out the roses would be the one to ask.
Me too, on the rose.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #3333
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,338

Thanks for the Be Our Guest lunch link. A few questions.....

1. Is there a service charge like at other CS restaurants that deliver your food to you?
2. What time does lunch begin?
3. Does anyone else worry that the plethora of options on the digital menus (choices, pictures, substitutions, nutrition info, etc...) will cause for line back ups while people scroll through everything?

We currently have a dinner reservation for November 19, but prefer the lunch menu. If we can get into all three rooms for lunch, we might cancel the dinner ressie and take a chance at lunch and save ourselves some money and have food we prefer. I think I'd also feel more comfortable walking around and taking pictures during lunch when it's more "casual."
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #3334
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn
Thanks for the Be Our Guest lunch link. A few questions.....

1. Is there a service charge like at other CS restaurants that deliver your food to you?
2. What time does lunch begin?
3. Does anyone else worry that the plethora of options on the digital menus (choices, pictures, substitutions, nutrition info, etc...) will cause for line back ups while people scroll through everything?

We currently have a dinner reservation for November 19, but prefer the lunch menu. If we can get into all three rooms for lunch, we might cancel the dinner ressie and take a chance at lunch and save ourselves some money and have food we prefer. I think I'd also feel more comfortable walking around and taking pictures during lunch when it's more "casual."
I'm not aware of a service charge for any CS location in WDW. But maybe I'm out of that loop.
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #3335
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I'm not aware of a service charge for any CS location in WDW. But maybe I'm out of that loop.
The two places that came to mind that charged extra gratuity or service charges were the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs (which looks to only apply to dinner now,) and Picabu at the Dolphin (which I know isn't owned by Disney, but same idea.) Since I've had these two experiences, I wondered if maybe Be Our Guest would do the same. Thanks!


Allears info about Coronado Springs:
Pepper Market is the open air Food Court at Coronado Springs. Upon entering, you are escorted to a table and presented with a ticket. You walk around selecting the foods you want, your ticket is stamped. When you exit the Market you pay your bill. A 10% gratuity is added automatically.
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #3336
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn

The two places that came to mind that charged extra gratuity or service charges were the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs (which looks to only apply to dinner now,) and Picabu at the Dolphin (which I know isn't owned by Disney, but same idea.) Since I've had these two experiences, I wondered if maybe Be Our Guest would do the same. Thanks!

Allears info about Coronado Springs:
Pepper Market is the open air Food Court at Coronado Springs. Upon entering, you are escorted to a table and presented with a ticket. You walk around selecting the foods you want, your ticket is stamped. When you exit the Market you pay your bill. A 10% gratuity is added automatically.
Ah, okay. That explains why I hadn't heard of it.
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #3337
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Ah, okay. That explains why I hadn't heard of it.
There aren't many CS places that bring you your food, so there really isn't much of a precedent. I'm hoping they don't decide to add a charge for this. I like in the blog where it said "they really are treating you like you're their guest." Charging a fee to bring the food wouldn't be very host-like. I can just see my family coming over for Thanksgiving and me charging them a fee to bring the food to the table
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #3338
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran
 
dawnmichele's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 659

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenevieveRaqs View Post
Love the review, and I am especially excited about the fact that you can get nutritional information for every item! I hope this is the start of a trend at Disney. Many people have dietary needs related to nutritional info (and a list of ingredients just doesn't cut it when you need to know carb counts to adjust your medication, etc.), and Disney has refused to provide that info until now. This is a great move!

That is Fantastic! My daughter has Type 1 Diabetes, and trying to keep her numbers half way decent (and avoid serious lows that often = seizures) is insane at Disney. Adjusting for all the extra activity and excitement AND trying to make guesses at carb counts adds extra stress none of us need on our vacation at the happiest place on earth. So horray for some carb info! and yes please, Disney, spread that info around for all your Disney food!
dawnmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #3339
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
I agree, all except that Rose... I had visions of it looking more like a real rose, not a blob of playdough......
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Me too, on the rose.
Seems the rose thing is only temporary.
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #3340
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?
 
t_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OK
Posts: 3,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy

Seems the rose thing is only temporary.
Really?
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #3341
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Really?
From the WDWMagic article
Quote:
.....you reach a podium where a cast member takes your party size, and hands you a "Magic Rose". This rose is tagged with an RFID, and will identify you throughout your time in the castle. The now familiar Mickey head RFID reader is also positioned at the podium, which would suggest that later on when RFID bracelets are in use, you will not need the rose.....
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #3342
ses1230
DIS Veteran
 
ses1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 6,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Seems the rose thing is only temporary.
Until... we are all wearing wristbands?
__________________


1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #3343
luvmyguyz
Mouseketeer
 
luvmyguyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Just a heads up.... Fantasyland is not going to be open anymore for the general public after previews. I kept checking today after 9 and they all told me that after today no general public will be let in anymore. It closes right after the previews from now on.I was super upset because I wanted to see it so bad. Oh we'll!
What about at the MVMCP?
__________________
Me (36), DH (38), DSD (16), DS (9) DS (6)
Aruba - 08/03 & 08/04;RCCL Explorer of the Seas 10/06; CCL Liberty 01/09; CCL Pride 11/09;
WDW ASMu 04/10; BGW 09/10; WDW POP 06/11; WDW AoA 11/12; WDW POR 11/14


luvmyguyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #3344
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguyz

What about at the MVMCP?
It is anticipated to be open for all MVMCPs. We'll know in a few more days.
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #3345
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran
 
Berlioz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,575

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
The two places that came to mind that charged extra gratuity or service charges were the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs ...
Pepper Market is not run by Disney, it's a company called Spring Foods. They operate all of the food locations at Coronado.
__________________
CHARACTER WEBSITE/PHOTOS:
WDWCharacterHunt UOCharacterHunt On Facebook
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: