Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #3301
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,279

Beast!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
I was slacking even before my vaca... here are all of the DPB entries updated on the first post:


20,000 Leagues Under the Sea History Is Celebrated at New Fantasyland Event, October 24, 2012

A Beast in His Lair at Magic Kingdom Park, October 24, 2012

All in the Details: The Romance of the Rose Gallery in Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland, October 23, 2012

Photo Gallery: Take a Tour of Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park, October 19, 2012

New Merchandise Goes Under the Sea For New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park, October 18, 2012

A Cool Souvenir Glass for Be Our Guest Restaurant Beverages at Magic Kingdom Park, October 18, 2012

Interesting NOTE: Disney has neither confirmed nor denied that Beast will be appearing at Be Our Guest Restaurant, other than to say it is not being classified as Character Dining....

yet TWO of their recent blogs highlight the Beast at the Castle....

hmmmmm



__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #3302
alicia080979
DIS Veteran
 
alicia080979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 991

Hoping someone can help me

My friend is there right now and they leave on Monday. Does anyone know of anytime in the next two days that they will/should be able to get in to see the new Fantasyland? I have read that some people are being told no then at a certain time they are being let in. I just wanted to give her any and all suggestions I could about getting in to see it before they leave. I wasn't sure if there was a certain time/place/person to ask.

Thanks!!
__________________
Sept. 2009 All Star Sports, Sept. 2010 CSR, Sept. 2011 POFQ, Nov. 2011 AKL, April 2012 Bonnet Creek, Sept. 2012 POFQ, Nov. 2012 AOA, June 2013 Buena Vista Suites, Sept/Oct 2013 POR

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #3303
triciari
DIS Veteran
 
triciari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979
My friend is there right now and they leave on Monday. Does anyone know of anytime in the next two days that they will/should be able to get in to see the new Fantasyland? I have read that some people are being told no then at a certain time they are being let in. I just wanted to give her any and all suggestions I could about getting in to see it before they leave. I wasn't sure if there was a certain time/place/person to ask.

Thanks!!
Try after 7 pm if its a mnsshp night. Try after 10 pm on other nights.
__________________
triciari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:02 AM   #3304
discott71
Mouseketeer
 
discott71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

Are you attending MVMCP? I think it will be open then. My understand is that's why Belle and the Beast won't be appearing in their holiday attire.
Is it confirmed that Belle & the Beast won't be in holiday attire at MVMCP? This is something DD & I were looking forward to.
__________________
discott71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #3305
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by discott71 View Post
Is it confirmed that Belle & the Beast won't be in holiday attire at MVMCP? This is something DD & I were looking forward to.
This has been confirmed from Disney previously in the thread Belle and Beast won't be meeting together at MK in their holiday attire. Belle might be meeting in EPCOT in her red dress
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #3306
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 27,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by discott71 View Post
Is it confirmed that Belle & the Beast won't be in holiday attire at MVMCP? This is something DD & I were looking forward to.
Yes, some of us had written Disney expressing our disasppointment in the rumor. We got phone calls or emails this week confirming they would indeed not be appearing.

They also provided a list of all the "new" stuff they were adding, and it really came up short in my book, especially considering that 2 of the "new" things were Cindy's group photo (which you can see from my signature is not "new") and a new dance party a Cosmic Rays.

They are apparently keeping Fantasyland open and running ETWB. Very much in line with their recent habit of offering more and more things during the parties that you can already do during a regular park day.

I am happy for everyone going in early November who was going to have trouble getting into FL at all. That's a big deal for them. But for anyone going 11/19 forward, it's just a duplication of what they can do during the day.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #3307
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 27,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
This has been confirmed from Disney previously in the thread Belle and Beast won't be meeting together at MK in their holiday attire. Belle might be meeting in EPCOT in her red dress
And I wouldn't put much stock in finding Belle in her red at Epcot. She has appeared at Akershus in her holiday gown very close to Christmas before. That's not new. And I was not sold based on my phone call that it was really going to be much more than that this year. No way to know. But I don't want people going in expecting that only to be disappointed. Certainly nothing to count on.

Besides, I'm sure I'm not the only person who wanted to see her at MVMCP who doesn't have ADRs at Akershus.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #3308
discott71
Mouseketeer
 
discott71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 249

Oh, geez that stinks!! I haven't bought tickets for MVMCP yet. We planned on buying them once we got there. We planned on going to the 11/25 party, but now I'm not sure it's worth it! We went 2 years ago and enjoyed the parade very much but there wasn't really anything that special to draw us back. We did miss Belle and the Beast that year so we were hoping to make up for that this year. We were also hoping for some new shows or something with the new FL. Since we arrive on the 19th I think we may skip MVMCP this time.

Good news is I have booked an Akershus breakfast on the 24th so I'll keep my fingers crossed the Belle will be wearing her holiday gown.

Thanks for the information everyone!
__________________
discott71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #3309
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 27,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by discott71 View Post
Oh, geez that stinks!! I haven't bought tickets for MVMCP yet. We planned on buying them once we got there. We planned on going to the 11/25 party, but now I'm not sure it's worth it! We went 2 years ago and enjoyed the parade very much but there wasn't really anything that special to draw us back. We did miss Belle and the Beast that year so we were hoping to make up for that this year. We were also hoping for some new shows or something with the new FL. Since we arrive on the 19th I think we may skip MVMCP this time.

Good news is I have booked an Akershus breakfast on the 24th so I'll keep my fingers crossed the Belle will be wearing her holiday gown.

Thanks for the information everyone!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but I'd guess finding her in her holiday dress in November is sort of a long shot.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #3310
p44nmun
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by discott71
Oh, geez that stinks!! I haven't bought tickets for MVMCP yet. We planned on buying them once we got there. We planned on going to the 11/25 party, but now I'm not sure it's worth it! We went 2 years ago and enjoyed the parade very much but there wasn't really anything that special to draw us back. We did miss Belle and the Beast that year so we were hoping to make up for that this year. We were also hoping for some new shows or something with the new FL. Since we arrive on the 19th I think we may skip MVMCP this time.

Good news is I have booked an Akershus breakfast on the 24th so I'll keep my fingers crossed the Belle will be wearing her holiday gown.

Thanks for the information everyone!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for u too, but we were at akershus last year in November 28, and she was in her yellow dress.
p44nmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #3311
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer
 
Minnie Mommy Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wentzville, Missouri
Posts: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

Yes, some of us had written Disney expressing our disasppointment in the rumor. We got phone calls or emails this week confirming they would indeed not be appearing.

They also provided a list of all the "new" stuff they were adding, and it really came up short in my book, especially considering that 2 of the "new" things were Cindy's group photo (which you can see from my signature is not "new") and a new dance party a Cosmic Rays.

They are apparently keeping Fantasyland open and running ETWB. Very much in line with their recent habit of offering more and more things during the parties that you can already do during a regular park day.

I am happy for everyone going in early November who was going to have trouble getting into FL at all. That's a big deal for them. But for anyone going 11/19 forward, it's just a duplication of what they can do during the day.
Is there any way you could share this list or direct me to some place that has info on the 2012 MVMCP? We are attending 11/16, and we have not been to one since 2005. I don't want to minis the important stuff

DS will be disappointed about no holiday Belle & Beast. It was one of the first things he mentioned wanting to get a photo of. He played Gaston in his school musical this past spring, so Beauty & the Beast is special to him. We CANNOT WAIT to see FLE. I've been following this thread since the beginning, the anticipation is exhilarating. We have dinner ressies for BoG For Thanksgiving dinner & I cannot remember the last time I have been so excited!!!! We are celebrating our 20th Wedding anniversary this trip with the kids, and it makes me so happy to share this milestone with all my fellas

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Minnie Mommy Mouse (40) Donald Daddy Duck (40)
Chip 'N Dale Josh (12) Mickey Aidan Mouse(10)
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #3312
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 27,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Mommy Mouse View Post
Is there any way you could share this list or direct me to some place that has info on the 2012 MVMCP? We are attending 11/16, and we have not been to one since 2005. I don't want to minis the important stuff

DS will be disappointed about no holiday Belle & Beast. It was one of the first things he mentioned wanting to get a photo of. He played Gaston in his school musical this past spring, so Beauty & the Beast is special to him. We CANNOT WAIT to see FLE. I've been following this thread since the beginning, the anticipation is exhilarating. We have dinner ressies for BoG For Thanksgiving dinner & I cannot remember the last time I have been so excited!!!! We are celebrating our 20th Wedding anniversary this trip with the kids, and it makes me so happy to share this milestone with all my fellas

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Someone who got the email posted the text here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=169

I was told almost verbatim the same thing by phone.

It is just a summary of what is "new".

If you haven't been in years, it's all likely to seem new to you. Did you check out the official MVMCP thread? That's here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2919293

Have an awesome trip!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #3313
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer
 
Minnie Mommy Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wentzville, Missouri
Posts: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

Someone who got the email posted the text here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=169

I was told almost verbatim the same thing by phone.

It is just a summary of what is "new".

If you haven't been in years, it's all likely to seem new to you. Did you check out the official MVMCP thread? That's here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2919293

Have an awesome trip!
THANK YOU soooo much! I subscribed & have some catch up reading. I planned an MK day on the 19th w/o knowing it would be FLE preview opening. I'm excited, yet concerned it might be a madhouse. Any thoughts? We have CRT at 4:25pm that day, and I don't want to give those up. Any chance park will fill to capacity?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Minnie Mommy Mouse (40) Donald Daddy Duck (40)
Chip 'N Dale Josh (12) Mickey Aidan Mouse(10)
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #3314
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran
 
Berlioz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Mommy Mouse View Post
I planned an MK day on the 19th w/o knowing it would be FLE preview opening. I'm excited, yet concerned it might be a madhouse. Any thoughts? We have CRT at 4:25pm that day, and I don't want to give those up. Any chance park will fill to capacity?
I wouldn't worry about it - CMs and APs will already have had their FLE opportunities, so you'd only be looking at other Guests that may have planned their vaca around the preview date. Since it will likely be fully operational prior to the 19th, there isn't much expected to occur on that specific date.
__________________
CHARACTER WEBSITE/PHOTOS:
WDWCharacterHunt UOCharacterHunt On Facebook
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #3315
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer
 
Minnie Mommy Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wentzville, Missouri
Posts: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70

I wouldn't worry about it - CMs and APs will already have had their FLE opportunities, so you'd only be looking at other Guests that may have planned their vaca around the preview date. Since it will likely be fully operational prior to the 19th, there isn't much expected to occur on that specific date.
Thank you! We did our 1st cruise on the Fantasy this June. DS & I commented that you would love the different character costumes for photos I hope you enjoyed your cruise as much as we did!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Minnie Mommy Mouse (40) Donald Daddy Duck (40)
Chip 'N Dale Josh (12) Mickey Aidan Mouse(10)
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: