Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #2881
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
My question for people who have experienced it is, did you just assume you couldn't meet Belle, or did the CM actively stop you? From the video I see there are a line of kids from the show getting pictures with Belle, what stops someone who wasn't in the show from just getting to the end of that line?
There is no line - the people in the show circle around the room then go to the front to give their props back to the CMs. THEN - the CMs introduced each participate to Belle for their photo.

I wanted my photo, but once the suits of armor get their photos taken Belle is ushered out of the room, no where to queue up and no other opportunity to jump in.

So... I went through again and got myself a pepper shaker!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #2882
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
There is no line - the people in the show circle around the room then go to the front to give their props back to the CMs. THEN - the CMs introduced each participate to Belle for their photo.

I wanted my photo, but once the suits of armor get their photos taken Belle is ushered out of the room, no where to queue up and no other opportunity to jump in.

So... I went through again and got myself a pepper shaker!
I guess what I don't like is that it almost seems like gamesmanship to not tell people that if they want a photo with Belle then they have to participate. But I get the feeling that if they do that, they will have too many people participate and that will throw their schedule off and Belle will be late to the other room. It's not a big deal if she's available to meet somewhere else, but that apparently won't be the case. And once it opens and has very long lines, it may not be so easy to just go back through a second time.

I'm glad at least we'll know the deal going in.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 02:40 AM   #2883
jkpmac
Mouseketeer

Hmmm 2 rooms, 2 Lumierres, might be that when things get going they will have 2 Belles.

jkpmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #2884
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpmac View Post
Hmmm 2 rooms, 2 Lumierres, might be that when things get going they will have 2 Belles.
To be fair, I'm just guessing. Completely and totally. Just kicking around ideas why they would be doing it this way.

But if they are using only 1 Belle, I'm guessing they'll be using only 1 Belle with it goes live too. I'm assuming that's why all the soft opens, so they can practice getting it right. I'm just assuming there HAS to be a reason for that ridiculous "speed photo" at the end.

They are anticipating a change in wardrobe for the princesses for the first time in many years when Fairytale Hall opens in 2013. Maybe they just don't want to invest in more gowns. Well, and salary.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #2885
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

I know we heard that Belle would not be with the princesses in the theater anymore...but has this actually been confirmed? Do we know for sure that ET is the only place to meet her in MK (with CRT being the exception for blue dress Belle)?

I have still resisted watching any of the videos or seeing any of the pictures. Reading about though I have a whole image in my mind. CAN'T WAIT! I have kids 2, 6, 10, 10, 13 going on my trip and I think each one of them will adore it (13 year old is a girl )
hollygolitely93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #2886
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
I know we heard that Belle would not be with the princesses in the theater anymore...but has this actually been confirmed? Do we know for sure that ET is the only place to meet her in MK (with CRT being the exception for blue dress Belle)?

I have still resisted watching any of the videos or seeing any of the pictures. Reading about though I have a whole image in my mind. CAN'T WAIT! I have kids 2, 6, 10, 10, 13 going on my trip and I think each one of them will adore it (13 year old is a girl )
That's what all the reliable sources are saying.

And I wouldn't expect her to stay at CRT either.

I think unless they change something the only place to meet her with any certainty will be Epcot in France, Akershus if you have an ADR and Storytime if you participate in the show.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #2887
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
And I wouldn't expect her to stay at CRT either.
There are no current plans to pull her from CRT.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #2888
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
There are no current plans to pull her from CRT.
Well, that's something I guess. But we really wanted photos with her in her yellow gown. And doesn't it figure.... this is the first trip we're not doing Akershus.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #2889
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

I can not imagine this 'limited' meet and greet process holding up once it's really in action. It sets a new precedent, doesn't it, of waiting in (probably very) long lines to meet a princess and NOT get to have your pic taken and get an autograph? With no warning? Yikes! I don't know how this will not draw a lot of complaints. How many people are standing in those lines NOT expecting a pic/autograph situation at the end?? In my experience every M&G with a character included a 'meet' - even the old story time with Belle.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I foresee changes to this situation once the melt downs/complaints begin. I have to wonder at the thought of my DGrD not wanting to volunteer for the story participation, and then being shooed out of the room without meeting Belle while watching other children have their pictures taken - she would be heartbroken!!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #2890
Dan Murphy
We are family.

The several videos I have seen of the ending part of the 'Belle show', the meet and photo part, is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen at WDW. It is so rushed, almost confusing. They would be better to eliminate it all together than continue as it appears now. Totally wrong, IMO.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #2891
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
The several videos I have seen of the ending part of the 'Belle show', the meet and photo part, is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen at WDW. It is so rushed, almost confusing. They would be better to eliminate it all together than continue as it appears now. Totally wrong, IMO.
I absolutely agree. It almost looks like a joke. Let's hope they see that and do something different with it before the grand opening.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #2892
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
ITA, "ridiculous" is exactly what I thought as well. I'm not crazy about what I've seen so far...... The whole thing seems amateurish. Very un-Disneylike, IMO
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #2893
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
ITA, "ridiculous" is exactly what I thought as well. I'm not crazy about what I've seen so far...... The whole thing seems amateurish. Very un-Disneylike, IMO
You are so right. Right now, it has the feel of a quick money making scheme to it: Rush the people though, get them to buy the pics.

The 'magic' Disney built into this attraction is wonderful at the beginning. Everything from the waiting queue, to the interior rooms with all the details and that magic mirror/portal. The problem is that the magic they built up deteriorates starting at the passing out of the characters and then is crushed all together at the end with the rushed story and the "Let's introduce our characters and shoot a photopass with Belle." Even the charm of Lumiere, who is wonderfully created, seems to drown in the rush.

Disney can do far better than that.

Last edited by twinklebug; 09-21-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: grammar police ticket
twinklebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #2894
FrozenOJ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehavesix

No flames from me. I am a teacher with 23 years of pre-k and kinder experience. I agree completely with your opinion. Most of the time kids just want a part. They are mostly happy with any part and usually just want to hold the prop. Most are not actors and will not do much more than stand there grinning unless they are given lots of encouragement. A few will not want to participate at all.

We just had our 7th day of pre-k this year and already my class has adjusted to "you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit." as a class philosophy. If they witness someone act even a little picky about something, I hear at least a couple of little voices call out that quote. I really believe that most meltdowns of this kind are adult created dramas.

I also think that, while it will be more fun with lots of audience participation, it can be a nice experience even if only 2 or 3 people act out the roles.
Love this "you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit.". We say you get what you get and don't get upset.
Ahhh, the joys of preschool. That being said we leave Sunday for my 3 year olds first week long Disney trip. I think I'm more excited than he is.
FrozenOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #2895
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I actually loved it the way it was with only a few kids participating.

Of course, the gorgeous new setting and the animatronic Lumiere and Wardrobe look like amazing improvements. But I'm thinking in their zeal to include more people, it might have diminished the charm of the storytelling itself. Quantity does not always win out over quality.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: