Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #2866
SashaFarce
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

Doesn't sound like it, much the reverse. More of an attraction than a M&G, since photos so far are limited to show participants and no autographs.
For what it's worth, when we (yours truly and mvc1225) did the test last week all the kids in the room that wanted a part were given one, as well as a couple of adults in the role as suits of armor IIRC. It was very cute.

Past Trips: Prior to 2013: 14 trips
Feb 2013 @ AoA Sept 2013 @ CBR Oct 2013 @ Pop Dec 2013 @ DLR
Feb 2014 @ ASMusic Apr 2014 on the Disney Dream May 2014 @ ASMovies Aug 2014

Upcoming Trips: Oct 2014 Jan 2014

SashaFarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #2867
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaFarce View Post
For what it's worth, when we (yours truly and mvc1225) did the test last week all the kids in the room that wanted a part were given one, as well as a couple of adults in the role as suits of armor IIRC. It was very cute.
The same thing happened with my group. The CMs made a point of asking if everyone who wanted a part got one. Here's the tricky part though: they didn't tell us at that point that only show participants will get their picture with Belle.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #2868
karensi
Taking grandchildren to WDW will be a magical experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Well, as I assume you realize, there are no ride elements. Your three GSs might feel ripped off if you sell it to them that way.
No, sorry, I didnt realize it wasnt a "ride". I assumed(incorectly ) that since it wsnt a M&G that it would be a "ride" so to speak. However, Ive gone back a bit in the thread and now I think I have the idea of what its going to be.
Thanks,

Karen
Old 09-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #2869
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by karensi View Post
No, sorry, I didnt realize it wasnt a "ride". I assumed(incorectly ) that since it wsnt a M&G that it would be a "ride" so to speak. However, Ive gone back a bit in the thread and now I think I have the idea of what its going to be.
Thanks,

Karen
I use the term "attraction" to mean generically any ride, show, parade, or fireworks. Of these ETWB is primarily a show.

Didn't want three little ones angry with you.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #2870
razza1987
Mouseketeer

can I just say wow this is an amazing thread how all the information is all in one place

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 09-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #2871
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The same thing happened with my group. The CMs made a point of asking if everyone who wanted a part got one. Here's the tricky part though: they didn't tell us at that point that only show participants will get their picture with Belle.
I thought I read that this may not be the case and if your child, for example, wanted a picture but was too shy to participate they could just take a picture after the particpants. I thought that was what Touring Plans reported. If it is only particpants, we were also not told that and I think this is something they should state in the armoire room.

I also agree with you that while this is not a ride it is an audience participation show with pictures at the end so I would say it is an attraction. I thought it was a very cute way of doing something different than the normal stand in line and get a picture.

By the way, I don't know if this will be the norm after it opens full time, but they were offering bookmarkers to anyone that wanted one as we exited.
Future Trips: January 2015 - Fort Wilderness

MVC1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #2872
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I found the Touring Plans Blog that discussed it. It states:

"One thing they do not mention at this point is that if you want to meet Belle, you will need to have a part in the story. Regular audience members will not have a chance to meet her. Update: While this may seem to be the case, it turns out that you can indeed join in to meet Belle without participating, you just need to jump in the back of the line after the parade portion when the introductions and photos begin."

Now Touring plans may be wrong but that is what they reported. She also confirms this multiple times in the Comments section.

Here is the whole blog: http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/09...w-fantasyland/

Old 09-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #2873
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC1225 View Post
I found the Touring Plans Blog that discussed it. It states:

"One thing they do not mention at this point is that if you want to meet Belle, you will need to have a part in the story. Regular audience members will not have a chance to meet her. Update: While this may seem to be the case, it turns out that you can indeed join in to meet Belle without participating, you just need to jump in the back of the line after the parade portion when the introductions and photos begin."

Now Touring plans may be wrong but that is what they reported. She also confirms this multiple times in the Comments section.

Here is the whole blog: http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/09...w-fantasyland/
I don't know that Disney has figured this answer out yet, so naturally I will think anyone else is just guessing. What you and I and everyone else saw was during a test-and-adjust period.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #2874
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My question for people who have experienced it is, did you just assume you couldn't meet Belle, or did the CM actively stop you? From the video I see there are a line of kids from the show getting pictures with Belle, what stops someone who wasn't in the show from just getting to the end of that line?
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #2875
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
My question for people who have experienced it is, did you just assume you couldn't meet Belle, or did the CM actively stop you? From the video I see there are a line of kids from the show getting pictures with Belle, what stops someone who wasn't in the show from just getting to the end of that line?
I read about that before going, so I didn't bother trying. (Not to mention I was a 44yo male traveling solo. ) In the show I saw, only participants got pictures and I saw no one sneak in the end. It's not that they announce you can't do it, but more like they don't give you the chance. Each person in the show has some kind of prop that they turn in while doing this, so it would be easy for the CMs to tell who the trespassers are.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #2876
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I read about that before going, so I didn't bother trying. (Not to mention I was a 44yo male traveling solo. ) In the show I saw, only participants got pictures and I saw no one sneak in the end. It's not that they announce you can't do it, but more like they don't give you the chance. Each person in the show has some kind of prop that they turn in while doing this, so it would be easy for the CMs to tell who the trespassers are.
You didn't want to be a dish?
Old 09-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #2877
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
You didn't want to be a dish?
I have never been, nor ever will be, a dish.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #2878
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
No one in our group tried either so I don't know how it would have been handled. I guess we shall wait and see what happens once it opens but I can easily see shy kids (or adults), kids that may have developmental issues, or people with babies wanting a picture without wanting to be a dish or a fork.

My nephew has severe autism and he could never participate but his mom may want a picture with him and Belle since he watches the movies and knows the characters. Since this (I think) will be the only place to meet Belle in MK now, I think people would be justifiably upset if they did not allow this.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #2879
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Once again, in case this is not yet set in stone, I would urge people to write Disney and express their concerns.

I do see the potential for guests to be disappointed. With the old Belle's Storytime, they did the show then everyone lined up for a photo whether they were part of the show or not. So I could see where that would be the expectation here.

I don't have an issue with them doing it however they want, but when you couple that with removing Belle from TST (making this the only place to meet Belle in the MK), that really changes things.

Maybe they just don't want to make more yellow dresses!

I'm also guessing that they're trying to do multiple rooms with just one Belle, meaning that it really has to run like clockwork (and thus the ridiculous "speed photo"). But if that's the case, they need to keep her in TST. It would really help that attraction run more smoothly if they didn't have everyone wanting to meet Belle doing it there.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #2880
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Exactly the same when we saw it. Everything went so fast in there that it didn't seem like anyone had much of a chance to say anything, even if they wanted to. Belle was gone pretty quick, if I'm remembering correctly. Wasn't paying attention to her as much as my little Maurice & Beast in that moment!

I didn't realize that other could get a bookmark, like a PP said. That wasn't brought up. Both of my boys participated and no one mentioned the photopass card either, until my confused face must've been spotted. I just assumed things will be going smoothly in a couple of months though.

We loved it!
jc040404 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: