Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #2836
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Ya know... Thinking about this... I just had a REALLY scary thought.

Their logic was "It only makes sense in a French Restaurant".

So if that's the case.... Why don't Italian wines make sense in an Italian Restaurant?

Or you know.... Mead and beers at a Colonial Tavern?

Or even worse.... 'How does it make sense to have a tavern without drinks?'.... so that opens up Gaston's and Tortuga.

I guess what i'm saying is that I don't really trust the current management to avoid the creep in the availability from opening this door.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #2837
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I guess what i'm saying is that I don't really trust the current management to avoid the creep in the availability from opening this door.
That was actually my very first thought.

Last edited by mom2rtk; 09-13-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: typo
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #2838
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote from my 15 yo not 5 minutes ago when I mentioned this to him and my 18yo DD:
Quote:
Great. People better not be barfing all over Dumbo.
We're not a drinking family as you can tell. (nothing against drinking from me - I'm allergic to wine and dislike the taste of beer, so the kids really don't think that much of it)

Are there any spinning rides in the other 3 parks?.... ah, yes, mission space, Toy Story mania and Dinoland has a couple... Don't think I've ever seen an issue at any of these. I don't think this change will cause any issues. I'm sure those who want to drink in the MK already sneak in their beverage of choice as it is. This may deter that if they know they can just go to a restaurant to grab an ale or vin.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #2839
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
....from Be Our Guest...It says they will be serving wine and beer at dinner.
Really sorry to see this. A bad move, Disney.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #2840
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Really sorry to see this. A bad move, Disney.
I think it is an excellent move. It sets this restaurant apart as an experience...CRT remains signature with the princesses and this is turning into a nice dining experience, wine, a nice menu, beautiful castle...my only surprise is it is not two credits for dinner! I don't think it will creep in elsewhere...I think this will be part of the draw long-term and how one decides between CRT and BOG...a character experience or a dining experience. I also think it is unlikely people will be getting drunk on beer an wine over an hour dinner...the beer is not the bud light six pack generation...so I am not seeing a drinking around the work scenario.

Big thumbs up from me!

And the food shots on the blog look divine!
hollygolitely93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #2841
tkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
I don't know if this has been posted yet....but here's the Dinner menu pdf....

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...enu-dinner.pdf
So very cool! So sad I will miss it this trip. I need a special invitation to a secret soft opening in October. wink. wink.
Grew up near DL-Disneyland grad nite jr hi 1973-High school 1976 *1999 Land & Sea pkg - Contemporary/Disney*2005 First Disneyland trip with Grandson*2006 WDW Aug. POFQ*2008 Disneyland trip (first for granddaugter)*WDW-OKW & ASMu Oct 2009*Best DL trip ever May 2010* 1st MHP-DL! Oct 2011* OKW/POFQ Grandkids trip Oct 2012

tkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #2842
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Call me naive but have there been widespread issues at the parks where alcohol is currently sold? At disney prices and with the unique unmatched once in lifetime experience it offers I would be surprised to hear of many alchohol related issues or people becoming drunk and reckless.
Sydnerellas mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #2843
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
Call me naive but have there been widespread issues at the parks where alcohol is currently sold? At disney prices and with the unique unmatched once in lifetime experience it offers I would be surprised to hear of many alchohol related issues or people becoming drunk and reckless.
Sydnerellas mama
there have been some - most in EPCOT either during F&WF or just people "drinking around the world"

But in EPCOT there are booths where one can get wine/beer/mixed drinks/shots/etc. and then move to the next booth, etc. .... here it will only be served to people at tables eating dinner. Could someone drink an entire bottle of wine and gets tipsy? Sure, but I don't think it will lead to the same issues

That said, I am sad to see Walt's vision messed with (I know, I know, not the first time) and I don't think it would have killed them to keep the one part dry .... but our family is fans of wine and beer in general so our next trip I am sure we will take advantage of this

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
**NOW COMPLETE!** Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #2844
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Ya know... Thinking about this... I just had a REALLY scary thought.

Their logic was "It only makes sense in a French Restaurant".

So if that's the case.... Why don't Italian wines make sense in an Italian Restaurant?

Or you know.... Mead and beers at a Colonial Tavern?

Or even worse.... 'How does it make sense to have a tavern without drinks?'.... so that opens up Gaston's and Tortuga.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #2845
princessmurdough
Does that come with champagne?

Whatever. Thrilled to pieces at the menu, the high-end choices they've made with the wine list...it's spectacular. Just what one expects from an "experience" restaurant. Besides, those Champagne bottles are in the movie in that scene...can't leave them out!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #2846
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmurdough
Whatever. Thrilled to pieces at the menu, the high-end choices they've made with the wine list...it's spectacular. Just what one expects from an "experience" restaurant. Besides, those Champagne bottles are in the movie in that scene...can't leave them out!
I was quite pleased with the menu prices as well .... strip steak was the only item that didn't seem like a really good price and even that wasn't crazy ...

.... well those light up souvenier cups are a bit pricey

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
**NOW COMPLETE!** Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #2847
EEs*Mommy
Mouseketeer

Has anyone seen the kids menu? The prices?

7/30 to 8/06 2007 ~ Bday at BC
Noah's Wish!
EEs*Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #2848
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEs*Mommy View Post
Has anyone seen the kids menu? The prices?
Items, though not prices.......

http://www.subsonicradio.com/forum/v...art=45#p219527

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #2849
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

"And just an FYI don't know how accurate BUT a pin collector site is reporting that the new FLE-AP pins are being released at the AP preview days 11/3-4 and 11/10-11"

I just read this on a Facebook group I am in.
If this is the case we definitely won't be able to have a sneak peak bc the 3rd is our MK day!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #2850
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985
"And just an FYI don't know how accurate BUT a pin collector site is reporting that the new FLE-AP pins are being released at the AP preview days 11/3-4 and 11/10-11"

I just read this on a Facebook group I am in.
If this is the case we definitely won't be able to have a sneak peak bc the 3rd is our MK day!
It makes sense that these are the dates. No word yet on passholder site though.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Bephus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: