Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #2776
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I think my question got ignored. Can anyone answer if Pete's Silly Sideshows and Bigtop Souvenirs will open on Nov 19th or earlier?
Sometimes no answer means no one knows. Disney has not been particularly clear on PSS or the tents.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #2777
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Sometimes no answer means no one knows. Disney has not been particularly clear on PSS or the tents.
They will open on December 6, but we don't know about soft opening.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #2778
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

I got to do Enchanted Tales with Belle today - had a GREAT time!!

Keep in mind, if you want a photo with Belle you HAVE to have a part in the show. I let the kids get all the parts first, then once they were out of kids they got the adults involved. At the end they ask, "does everyone have a part that wants one?" The last couple adults that wanted their photos were handed plates and spoons.

Here is my facebook album of my adventure:

ENCHANTED TALES WITH BELLE

Old 09-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #2779
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70

Keep in mind, if you want a photo with Belle you HAVE to have a part in the show. I let the kids get all the parts first, then once they were out of kids they got the adults involved. At the end they ask, "does everyone have a part that wants one?" The last couple adults that wanted their photos were handed plates and spoons.

I just saw that on FB and replied how I don't want to be spoiled! Maybe I get a shot tomorrow....

Old 09-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #2780
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post

I can't wait to go read about your adventure!

Have you heard if they are taking Belle out of Town Square Theater when this opens? It seems odd that she could have this whole new area open in the park but be that much harder to get photos with.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #2781
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I just saw that on FB and replied how I don't want to be spoiled! Maybe I get a shot tomorrow....
LOL - good for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I can't wait to go read about your adventure!

Have you heard if they are taking Belle out of Town Square Theater when this opens? It seems odd that she could have this whole new area open in the park but be that much harder to get photos with.
Yes, Belle will be leaving TST; I share your concern.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #2782
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, Belle will be leaving TST; I share your concern.
Wow. That's nutty. She's the star of the show and now she's going to be harder to get photos with than Rapunzel.

Thanks for the info though as always!

And my daughter just looked over my shoulder and said "Hey, I like her screen name!" (yours)
Old 09-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #2783
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Wow. That's nutty. She's the star of the show and now she's going to be harder to get photos with than Rapunzel.

Thanks for the info though as always!

And my daughter just looked over my shoulder and said "Hey, I like her screen name!" (yours)
Haha - because Berlioz is the best!!

What's interesting is that they make sure everyone gets a part that wants one, but NO ONE ever says, you have to have a part to get a picture. So for shy kids who don't want to be apart of the show, they miss out on a quick photo too. That was the weirdest part. And when I say quick, I mean QUICK!

It'll be interesting to see what the feedback is as more people experience it.

But the rest was great!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #2784
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haha - because Berlioz is the best!!

What's interesting is that they make sure everyone gets a part that wants one, but NO ONE ever says, you have to have a part to get a picture. So for shy kids who don't want to be apart of the show, they miss out on a quick photo too. That was the weirdest part. And when I say quick, I mean QUICK!

It'll be interesting to see what the feedback is as more people experience it.

But the rest was great!
I've heard conflicting things about the kids having to be involved in the show to get a picture. Touringplans originally said that they did have to participate, but then changed that to say that everyone can get pictures. The kids in the "parade" at the end of the show go up to meet belle, but anyone not in the show can simply go to the end of the line and they can still get a picture.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #2785
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
I've heard conflicting things about the kids having to be involved in the show to get a picture. Touringplans originally said that they did have to participate, but then changed that to say that everyone can get pictures. The kids in the "parade" at the end of the show go up to meet belle, but anyone not in the show can simply go to the end of the line and they can still get a picture.
Interesting. At least I'm guessing there will be more reports from the field before we make it there in December.

I can't remember....... does anyone recall if they have said for sure if this will have FP when it opens for real?

Regardless of how this goes, it appears that the end result will still be that Belle has this gorgeous new area in FL yet she will be harder to meet than she was before it all opened. And apparently there will be no way to get her autograph in the MK. I'm gad I didn't ditch Epcot for this trip.

Am I alone in thinking that Town Square Theater is far enough from Fantasyland that they should leave her there?
Old 09-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #2786
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

So all these people getting to do The new Belle thing, how are you getting in? Is it just luck? Hanging out by the door and hoping? It seems a lot of people here have been able to do it. What's the secret?

TandLMommy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #2787
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28
So all these people getting to do The new Belle thing, how are you getting in? Is it just luck? Hanging out by the door and hoping? It seems a lot of people here have been able to do it. What's the secret?
Hung out by the door this morning and it opened just after 10:00a-- little birdie told me that might be the case. When the number of CMs outside the door jumped from 2 to 5 I figured it was about to open, and it did.

In the show I saw this morning--first of the day--only the participants got pics with Belle. At the end of the brief story, each was announced to her by another CM. Photopass photog took pics throughout and handed everyone who wanted one a Belle-specific PP card on the way out. Noticed about 5 management-type CMs watching with our group of maybe 15.

Line going in was already long when I exited about 30 minutes later.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #2788
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

Hung out by the door this morning and it opened just after 10:00a-- little birdie told me that might be the case. When the number of CMs outside the door jumped from 2 to 5 I figured it was about to open, and it did.

In the show I saw this morning--first of the day--only the participants got pics with Belle. At the end of the brief story, each was announced to her by another CM. Photopass photog took pics throughout and handed everyone who wanted one a Belle-specific PP card on the way out. Noticed about 5 management-type CMs watching with our group of maybe 15.

Line going in was already long when I exited about 30 minutes later.
Awesome. We have a CRT at 8am. Afterward we will stick around Fantasyland and try to get in at 10. Were they just letting people in or did you have to be asked?

TandLMommy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #2789
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28

Awesome. We have a CRT at 8am. Afterward we will stick around Fantasyland and try to get in at 10. Were they just letting people in or did you have to be asked?
I asked and was let in, as was everyone else. Be warned this is still not an everyday occurrence, it very well might not be available when you're there. Don't get your hopes too high.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #2790
seobaina
DIS Veteran

Are they doing it just once on the days they are....if that makes sense? I'd love to do this cause my friend is a major B&B fan (and I'm a brainwashed Disney CM ) but we've only got two days in WDW this time and I dunno that we could go to MK in the morning
The views & opinions expressed on this post are mine & don't necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company!

WDW Offsite April 1992, WDW Offsite April 1995, DLC Offsite December 1996, DLC Offsite 26th March 2000, DLC Offsite 4th October 2002, WDW Pop Century April/May 2006, DLC Offsite 6-9th September 2007, DLRP Cheyenne 14-17th October 2007, WDW POFQ/AKL/CBR April/May 2008, DLC Sept 2009, WDW Pop Century April/May 2010, WDW Villa/POR/BCV April/May 2011, WDW Pop Century 7-9th October 2012, DLRP New York 29-31st January 2013, DLC Offsite 24-28th September 2013

Ariel
seobaina is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: