Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #211
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKara22 View Post
I'm disappointed that Pixie Hollow has been scrapped. I hope that they do build it at another park- although fairies (IMO anyway) really belong in Fantasyland or at least somewhere in the magic kingdom.
I agree, theme wise, Fairies make sense at MK. However, the fairies are moving somewhere permanently. There's a thread somewhere in which someone reported that they'll be off to Studios later this year. In the meantime, they'll be at Epcot, starting Feb. 12th.
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #212
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer

I think Pixie Hollow will happen in some form, and I'm okay with it being at a different park or somewhere other than Fantasyland. You mentioned the Swiss Family Robinson tree, I'll probably get blasted for this but how about a revamp there? Or a revamp at HISK sounds like a strong possibility? Why not reuse & recycle areas that might have grown out of date? Disney is successful b/c it is smart with it's dollars. I am very pro-pixie b/c I see how much the little girls in my family love the line, even me and my boys enjoy it. I just think w/faith, trust, and pixie dust a cool Pixie Hollow will show up at. WDW. And, I'll go to see it wherever it finds a home. We enjoy each of the parks.

Passing the soapbox---
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #213
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Something to keep in mind is that the Pixie Hallow concept as announced wasn't much more than a glorified meet and Greet/photo op. There wasn't a play area, or ride, or even a show included in those plans. So ultimately, you didn't lose much. And thematically, i don't know how much I really liked the idea either in that part of Fantasyland.

Unlike the current plan, Somehow I don't feel that PH would've been able to tie into the surrounding theming that well. It would've gone from the coast/LM, into a big overgrown foresty kind of vibe, into a circus. I also didn't like the idea that PH would've been located so far away from Peter Pan. At least if it was closer to the other side of FantasyLand (maybe say where the great stroller parking lot/Skyway building is located), it could've tied in by the combined story..... but where they were going to put it, it just felt out of place.

Sooooo... Put me into the camp that believes that PH, as planned, being removed is an improvement. In some Ways, EPCOT I think would be almost a better fit for now simply because there is a lot more greenspace and "nature feel" at that park then EPCOT. Considering Fairies are usually very in tune with their natural surroundings, It works. AK would also possibly be a good fit, and maybe PH would fit better off of Camp Minnie/Mickey there then in the FantasyLand surroundings.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #214
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Something to keep in mind is that the Pixie Hallow concept as announced wasn't much more than a glorified meet and Greet/photo op. There wasn't a play area, or ride, or even a show included in those plans. So ultimately, you didn't lose much. And thematically, i don't know how much I really liked the idea either in that part of Fantasyland.

Unlike the current plan, Somehow I don't feel that PH would've been able to tie into the surrounding theming that well. It would've gone from the coast/LM, into a big overgrown foresty kind of vibe, into a circus. I also didn't like the idea that PH would've been located so far away from Peter Pan. At least if it was closer to the other side of FantasyLand (maybe say where the great stroller parking lot/Skyway building is located), it could've tied in by the combined story..... but where they were going to put it, it just felt out of place.

Sooooo... Put me into the camp that believes that PH, as planned, being removed is an improvement. In some Ways, EPCOT I think would be almost a better fit for now simply because there is a lot more greenspace and "nature feel" at that park then EPCOT. Considering Fairies are usually very in tune with their natural surroundings, It works. AK would also possibly be a good fit, and maybe PH would fit better off of Camp Minnie/Mickey there then in the FantasyLand surroundings.
The more I think about it, I think that Pixie Hollow would fit better in Epcot like you said. Perhaps the old Body Wars location could be made into Pixie Hollow (rather use it then let it sit empty). Since the pixies are all about a "nature" theme, I think they'd fit in rather well with the Land and the Seas.

WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007**SoG 2000*Off Site 1998

No Ticker...
hebbynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #215
disneyphilip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aandj View Post
it sounds like Tiana is moving to the Fairytale Hall:

Our other Disney princesses will also be getting a new home (actually, they prefer to call it a castle) in the all new Princess Fairytale Hall. Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet you in an elegant royal court at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today. This new experience will be in place of some of the earlier plans we shared regarding opportunities to interact with your favorite princesses.

This is from http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-kingdom-park/ (the Social Media Director of Disney Parks).
I think the only reason they mentioned Tiana and Rapunzel was just for the sake of name-dropping.

Please join the "Bring Back the Country Bear Christmas Show" group on Facebook today!

We don't need anymore "Blue Christmases" without it...
disneyphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #216
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyphilip View Post
I think the only reason they mentioned Tiana and Rapunzel was just for the sake of name-dropping.
I agree. I think Rapunzel will stay where she is, but Tiana will move. I wouldn't expect anything until 2013 though, especially since they haven't announced a closure for Snow White's Scary Adventures.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #217
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Updated the first post with Tinker Bell and Mickey news posted in other threads. Disney still has not made official announcements, beyond Fairies going to Epcot.

Check out this link with new Character Greeting announcements: Orlandoparksnews.blogspot

Last edited by Berlioz70; 02-04-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #218
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

New construction photos of specific building facades!

WDWMagic Photos
Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #219
figmentgirl
DIS Veteran

Hi everybody! I haven't been on the DISboards in a while and was wondering when the Little Mermaid and Snow White rides are slotted to open? If this has already been posted you can just send me a link to the info.

We're going in 13 months and I wanted to know what we will get to see

October 2010 Dolphin
March 2010 Poly
May 2009 Poly
2005 YC
2004 Celebration Hotel
1996 CBR
1994 Poly
1990 Poly
Many trips as a child...
figmentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #220
freepixie
Tanoshi
Dale kept taking my napkin
And here I thought only the Yeti would eat people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
New construction photos of specific building facades!

WDWMagic Photos
Awesome!!!

Tower of Terror Inaugural 10-Miler I like it HOT HOT HOT 2:10.08

Princess Half Marathon 2012 I DID IT!!! 2:58.06
freepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #221
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentgirl View Post
Hi everybody! I haven't been on the DISboards in a while and was wondering when the Little Mermaid and Snow White rides are slotted to open? If this has already been posted you can just send me a link to the info.

We're going in 13 months and I wanted to know what we will get to see
There are no official dates yet, just general "late 2012, early 2013". I wouldn't expect ANYTHING to be done by March 2012.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:01 AM   #222
lsulindy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylovespoly View Post
We have been getting ready for our trip by watching our (ancient) VHS tape of Disney Sing a Long: Disneyland Fun every day (and since I have an almost 2 year old, sometimes its more like 3 times a day )
We bought that on DVD before our kids' first trip to help prepare them. They LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!

lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:08 AM   #223
ben1993
DIS Veteran

I do wish we were getting a Snuggly Duckling replica in this expansion!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #224
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Updated the first post with Tinker Bell and Mickey news posted in other threads. Disney still has not made official announcements, beyond Fairies going to Epcot.

Check out this link with new Character Greeting announcements: Orlandoparksnews.blogspot
Thanks for link, any idea what characters are going to be at these locations like at Splash M or in TL?

TIA & thanks for construction pics! Things are moving along!
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #225
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Tomorrowland will be Mickey and Minnie. No official Disney word on who will be at Splash Mountain.

Also, great article about the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, I've included it on the first post:

Fact or fiction? Seven rumors about Disney's Seven Dwarfs Mine Train rollercoaster

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: