Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #2101
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

I re read the blog...I swear it originally said mid August...ha, I see the poster who linked it said mid-August and well...that's what stuck for me!

I was also thinking they would open ADRs up for early November and do a soft opening mid-late September...close to when they open ADRs...would be nice...I think this is encouraging though that Ariel and the other areas will be in soft opening as well...would be nice for all the October guests and selfishly I'd like to see how MNSSHP works with the new areas open so I can then plan for MVMCP
hollygolitely93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #2102
disneyphilip
DIS Veteran

BTW, I can't see them moving Minnie to Pete's Silly Sideshow.

Guests wanted to have at least one location on property where they could meet the two mice together rather than seperately--a wish that was first granted when Mickey's Toontown Fair was in its final years by putting the two together in the Judge's Tent, so the smart thing to do would be to leave Minnie in the theater with Mickey, as they want.

I also stand by my belief that Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale will end up moving into the Town Squae Theater's princess room after the Fairytale Hall opens. It would make sense. And they are most certainly not going to leave that space empty and unused after the princesses' time at the theater is over.

EDIT: Besides, through plain common sense, they have to put SOMEONE in that empty space in the Theater once the princesses vacate that area. Why wouldn't they put in the rest of the fab 5 and/or some classic characters to join Mickey & Minnie in there? It only makes sense to do so. This is why they wouldn't put them in an additional meet-and-greet at story book circus, since it would be a ridiculously-unneeded addition.

Please join the "Bring Back the Country Bear Christmas Show" group on Facebook today!

We don't need anymore "Blue Christmases" without it...

Last edited by disneyphilip; 06-29-2012 at 07:36 PM.
disneyphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #2103
prfctlyximprfct
DIS Veteran

This site has great pictures!!!
http://micechat.com/6809-magic-kingdom-fantasyland/

prfctlyximprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #2104
ses1230
DIS Veteran

I just got this update from the DIS - Be Our Guest reservations to start August 4th!!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_Pa...restaurant.htm

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #2105
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
I just got this update from the DIS - Be Our Guest reservations to start August 4th!!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_Pa...restaurant.htm
Thank you' thank you, thank you!
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #2106
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Thank you' thank you, thank you!
But just be aware that we still don't know what that means. It could mean that the adrs are for February.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #2107
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
But just be aware that we still don't know what that means. It could mean that the adrs are for February.
Yeah we don't go til March 1st so that could be ok. But thanks again.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #2108
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah we don't go til March 1st so that could be ok. But thanks again.
Good

These kinds of threads always exhibit soft opening creep. A date will be posted, a logical soft opening date is figured out or even announced and then the creep starts.

"Well if the soft opening is scheduled for the last week of X maybe it will be open the third week when we are there."

then its

"Well if its maybe the third week, please please please make it the second week."

This keeps going until people hope it will be open months before the project even started.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #2109
prfctlyximprfct
DIS Veteran

I hope I can get an ADR when I go next June!!!

prfctlyximprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #2110
dvc one day
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Good

These kinds of threads always exhibit soft opening creep. A date will be posted, a logical soft opening date is figured out or even announced and then the creep starts.

"Well if the soft opening is scheduled for the last week of X maybe it will be open the third week when we are there."

then its

"Well if its maybe the third week, please please please make it the second week."

This keeps going until people hope it will be open months before the project even started.
Very true. I always laugh reading those posts. Wishful thinking is ok though.

The August 4th date is helpful because, I would assume, by the end of July an opening date for the restaurant would have to be announced so people can know for what dates they can make reservations on the 4th. Not likely to affect our trip, but there is plenty to do without the new things.
dvc one day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #2111
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc one day View Post
Very true. I always laugh reading those posts. Wishful thinking is ok though.

The August 4th date is helpful because, I would assume, by the end of July an opening date for the restaurant would have to be announced so people can know for what dates they can make reservations on the 4th. Not likely to affect our trip, but there is plenty to do without the new things.
Not really, all it will tell you when it has to be open to honor those ADR's. They could soft and or hard open, just no ADR's, anytime between August 4 and the "Holidays".
Old 07-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #2112
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

I expect they'll do what they did with other restaurants (e.g. in Italy in Epcot) and have a firm date from which you can book ADRs (maybe sometime like 20th Dec onward?) but also announce that the restaurant will be open for walk-ups before then - a kind of soft-opening.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #2113
dvc one day
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not really, all it will tell you when it has to be open to honor those ADR's. They could soft and or hard open, just no ADR's, anytime between August 4 and the "Holidays".
Sorry, I was not clear in what I meant. Once they take ADR's (whether for october, december, or february), we will know what is the latest date they expect to be open. Could, and probably will, have a soft or hard open before this date. But, knowing the date for the first available ADR will help many know if they can include BOG in their plans.

Not important anyway, just something for everyone to talk about.
dvc one day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #2114
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

August 4th, excellent! What are you thinking? Internet or phone for reservations? Wonder if the site will crash! Ha!
hollygolitely93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #2115
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Consider BOG reservations begin August 4, I assume we will get an opening date

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: