Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 06:50 AM   #166
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneylove92 View Post
well, WDW is alot more lenient with the princes. In DLR, they do parades only, no halloween or xmas parties. More often than not at the Tangled M&G, it has been Rapunzel only. At least in wdw, the they appear randomly with a few exceptions (coughBeastcough)
I will say that the little show Tiana did at DL was wonderful. I was still sad we missed the riverboat jubilee though. When you travel once a year to WDW, it can be so frustrating to see things come and go. I was pleasantly surprised that Naveen lasted until December for us though. He was a lot of fun!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #167
Dizneylove92
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I will say that the little show Tiana did at DL was wonderful. I was still sad we missed the riverboat jubilee though. When you travel once a year to WDW, it can be so frustrating to see things come and go. I was pleasantly surprised that Naveen lasted until December for us though. He was a lot of fun!
Oh I know! it's so frustrating! Star Tours closed two days before I came down in september.
That Tiana show was good though. Glad to hear you had a good experience with Naveen. He's a personal favourite
Dizneylove92 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #168
Caribbeanprincess
Princess of the Caribbean Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldDuck View Post
So, here's a thought I had. What is the Dwarf Mine-Ride is similar to Crush's Coaster at Disneyland Resort Paris? The key difference being that the ride vehicles on Crush spin slowly around in circles, whereas the mine carts shimmy and sway from side to side. But, and here's where I see the link: indoor and outdoor sections (more outdoor than CC, which I think is great), combination of coaster and dark ride elements, music. So if you scale back the intensity level of CC you have what I expect the mine coaster to be. An awesome opportunity to really show off what makes imagineering so great, combining story and (moderate) excitement.
That's what I was thinking, though I hope it's not as intense because Crush's coaster seems pretty intense.

Me 25 ~[SIZE="1"][COLOR="lime"]Trips: April 1996 - Offsite ~ July 1998 - Offsite ~ April 2006 - Offsite ~ December 2007 - Offsite ~ December 2008 -Disney's BoardWalk Inn ~ June 2009 - Disney's AllStar Music ~ December/January 2010-2011 - Disney's AllStar Movies ~ December 2011 - Pop Century ~ December 2012 - Pop Century
Caribbeanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #169
Faldred
DIS Veteran

I'm looking at satellite maps and the updated sketch, and I just don't see how the new Dumbo is going to fit without rerouting the Speedway. I suppose there is a nook where the roadway bends that the ride could be fit into, but it seems like a tight squeeze and I'm not quite sure what that will do for sight lines.

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #170
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneylove92 View Post
Oh I know! it's so frustrating! Star Tours closed two days before I came down in september.
That Tiana show was good though. Glad to hear you had a good experience with Naveen. He's a personal favourite
Naveen was a lot of fun, very interactive. It was really cold when we were there, and he decided he needed to try out my daughter's fur muff!

Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #171
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:
Naveen was a lot of fun, very interactive. It was really cold when we were there, and he decided he needed to try out my daughter's fur muff!
We had the opportunity to meet Naveen and Tiana in July 2010, and found that they were both some of the most charming face characters we've run into.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #172
Dizneylove92
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Lol that's great!
More often than not, when i would go and see them, I would sometimes ask Tiana to step aside for pictures with Naveen
Dizneylove92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:11 PM   #173
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
OMG!! LOL! That never crossed my mind. They are Mouse'S LOL!
Well, I couldn't figure out which MICE they were talking about, either. So, don't feel bad.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:17 AM   #174
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
[color=blue]My comment on taking away the BatB and TLM musicals and replace it with something Sleeping Beauty was a joke. Hence the emote. I just want something Sleeping Beauty. She is so unloved.
Sleeping Beauty gets plenty of love out here on the west coast. From my observations, Sleeping Beauty gets more love out here because her castle is out here. And the castle walkthrough is one of Disneyland's hidden gems.

As for the Fantasyland expansion, I like it. I'm actually going to have to spend time in Fantasyland on my next WDW visit for more than just Mickey's PhilharMagic and Winnie the Pooh. I've never been very impressed with the MK's Fantasyland because it does not have anywhere near the detail of Disneyland. I hope that the expansion changes that.
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:01 AM   #175
RonaldDuck
'Uncle' Ronald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbeanprincess View Post
That's what I was thinking, though I hope it's not as intense because Crush's coaster seems pretty intense.
I expect the Mine Ride will be a lot more to the 'dark ride' side of things than 'coaster'. Crush's Coaster is only a little more intense than Big Thunder Mountain, I thought. The rotation adds to the effect, but the coaster itself isn't all too scary or quick. Here's a nice 'making of' type video from the official Disneyland Paris youtube channel.
----------

RonaldDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #176
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

We had put off our next trip until Fall of 2012 since that's when the original completion date was to be. Now with completion being sometime in 2013, I can't imagine putting off a trip for that long. Not sure what to do.
MandyTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #177
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
Sleeping Beauty gets plenty of love out here on the west coast. From my observations, Sleeping Beauty gets more love out here because her castle is out here. And the castle walkthrough is one of Disneyland's hidden gems.
I also really loved the castle walkthrough (although we almost couldn't find it since none of the CM's around there knew what on earth we were trying to find!)

But do they do something else for Sleeping Beauty out there? I always though they should do more, just as they should do more for Cindy on the east coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyTG View Post
We had put off our next trip until Fall of 2012 since that's when the original completion date was to be. Now with completion being sometime in 2013, I can't imagine putting off a trip for that long. Not sure what to do.
The plan has always been to do Fantasyland in 2 phases, the first to be done in Fall 2012. I don't think that has changed at all. It was Phase 2 that was always supposed to be done in 2013, and I think that's still the plan for that as well.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #178
bicker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
"Next trip" implies that you see this as a series of trips, including "the one after next". Given that, I think the decision is easy: Go now, and simply take in more of the other parts of the parks, the parts that perhaps don't get as much attention from your family when Fantasyland is more of the focus.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #179
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=The plan has always been to do Fantasyland in 2 phases, the first to be done in Fall 2012. I don't think that has changed at all. It was Phase 2 that was always supposed to be done in 2013, and I think that's still the plan for that as well.[/QUOTE]

As I understood the original plan, the Pixie Hollow part was what wasn't going to be done until 2013, which was fine, we didn't care about seeing the fairies. But the new plan makes no mention of Pixie Hollow. I've heard that Pixie Hollow is no more.
MandyTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #180
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As I understood the original plan, the Pixie Hollow part was what wasn't going to be done until 2013, which was fine, we didn't care about seeing the fairies. But the new plan makes no mention of Pixie Hollow. I've heard that Pixie Hollow is no more.
Pixie Hollow was part of phase 2. Now the Mine Coaster is part of Phase 2. I don't know about the Barnstormer retheming or Dumbo, but I assumed all along those were phase 2 as well.

I think everything they ever had any intention of finishing in 2012 is behind the great wall of Fantasyland and currently under construction.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: