Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #1516
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBabies View Post
Those pictures definitely show that spire as a part of Eric's Castle. I just don't get why it is blue. Why paint it blue only to have to repaint it? The other spire is painted burnt orange already, so why not this one as well? Maybe this is why I'm not in construction , cause I would have just painted it the one time and been done with it.

On another note, it looks like Eric's Castle is really moving along and I can't wait for all the scaffolding to come down.
Here is a more close up picture of it:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News/09Feb2012-PHOTOS---More-of-Prince-Eric's-Castle-takes-shape-in-the-new-Fantasyland.htm

You can see in that photo that the blue roof tiles have shading to them which would lead me to believe that this is the final color. Maybe they felt the red was blending in to much with the red rock work and took artistic license to change it.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #1517
DisneyBabies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
Here is a more close up picture of it:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News/09Feb2012-PHOTOS---More-of-Prince-Eric's-Castle-takes-shape-in-the-new-Fantasyland.htm

You can see in that photo that the blue roof tiles have shading to them which would lead me to believe that this is the final color. Maybe they felt the red was blending in to much with the red rock work and took artistic license to change it.
That's what I thought as well. That looks like a final product, not primer waiting to be painted. I'm just not sure how that is going to look if they keep it that color. But again, that is probably why I am not in construction .

Me DH DS10 DD8 DD 22mo Oreo Harry II Reeses Pieces (I need a Guinea Pig smilie!)

BCR April 2007 - 3rd Anniversary w/DH
CBR Pirate Room February 2009 - DS's 5th B-day w/DH & DS
POP March 2010 - 6th Anniversary w/DH
ASMusic Suite February 2011 - DD's 5th B-day w/DH & DD
ASSports October 2014 - My B-day w/DH
AoA Nemo Suite October 2015 - MNSSHP w/DH, DS & DD
DisneyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #1518
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

A ton of new aerial pictures of the expansion here:

http://www.wdwfanboys.com/blog/disne...ls-02-09-2012/
Old 02-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #1519
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Hi
We're going in July/August .. any ideas on what will be open, i know none of the major new things will be but i was hoping Dumbo and Goofini will be?? Also just a quick question, where have they moved the fairies to whilst this goes on??

TIA

DizzyErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #1520
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Info on openings are on the first post... it's best to keep it there as it changes frequently and I can update one place so there is not bad information throughout the rest of the thread.

As for fairies... they are meeting in their permenant location at Tinker Bell's Magical Nook in Adventureland (formerly known as the Veranda).

Tink meets all day, her fairy friend alternates between Rosetta, Vidia, and Terrence.

Here are some pics of TINKER BELL and her friends.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #1521
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Info on openings are on the first post... it's best to keep it there as it changes frequently and I can update one place so there is not bad information throughout the rest of the thread.

As for fairies... they are meeting in their permenant location at Tinker Bell's Magical Nook in Adventureland (formerly known as the Veranda).

Tink meets all day, her fairy friend alternates between Rosetta, Vidia, and Terrence.

Here are some pics of TINKER BELL and her friends.
Thankyou very much, appreciate it

DizzyErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #1522
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's definitely part of Eric's castle, you can see it more clearly in this picture:

http://twitpic.com/8gzdbj/full

The color is a little baffling. I would have to assume it's going to get re-painted.
if you look at the other two roofs in that picture the red "tiles" come out right to the edge of the window dormers, where as in the new blue roof, there are sill visible edges to the window dormers, so my guess is that the blue part is the base of the roof and red "tiles" will be added and it will wind up matching the other roofs

just a guess though (and hope I worded that in a way that made sense)

edit: nevermind, just saw a more recent picture at the top of this page and there is definite shading, etc. on the blue roof so that does look to be final.

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #1523
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
if you look at the other two roofs in that picture the red "tiles" come out right to the edge of the window dormers, where as in the new blue roof, there are sill visible edges to the window dormers, so my guess is that the blue part is the base of the roof and red "tiles" will be added and it will wind up matching the other roofs

just a guess though (and hope I worded that in a way that made sense)

edit: nevermind, just saw a more recent picture at the top of this page and there is definite shading, etc. on the blue roof so that does look to be final.
Someone on another message board suggested that this is the castle after Ariel moved in and she started changing things!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #1524
jkpmac
Mouseketeer

:
Quote:
Someone on another message board suggested that this is the castle after Ariel moved in and she started changing things!
:rotfl2

jkpmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #1525
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

PHOTOS - Latest Fantasyland construction site aerial imagery
Old 02-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #1526
PrincessKara22
Princess in Training

So the Dumbo ride itself may be ready to go on March 12th but the circus area is not even CLOSE to being "guest ready". It's just a dirt pile all around it. I'd rather they wait to open until everything is themed.

May 2014: Shades of Green!
May 2013: Shades of Green
August 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2007: Old Key West
January 2007: Old Key West
July 2006: The Beach Club
July 2004: Caribbean Beach
April 2003: Off Property
July 1996: The Disney Institute
PrincessKara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #1527
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

Although it does look like they're starting to put pavement in. They still have a month.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #1528
nytimez
Nihilist

It's a shame they've built some kind of structure around the Barnstormer's lift hill. That was a fairly nice view from up there.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:40 AM   #1529
yankeesmom21
Mouseketeer

We will be there in November and I can't wait to see the expansion! So excited!
yankeesmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #1530
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Some new Photos:

PHOTOS - Dumbo gets color, Prince Eric's Castle gets more turrets - see our latest Fantasyland construction update

PHOTOS - Scaffolding down at Dumbo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: