Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #136
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
I wondered this too. Big Thunder Mountain being the most like this and its in the same park.
This is why I thought that the Mine ride would be a slow moving one, for todlers. Otherwise, why not just retheme Goofy's barnstormer into the new mine ride?

It seems really silly to build a new ride that's:
1. Similar to another (barnstorme/goofini) in type of ride
2. Similar to another (BTMR) in theme

And both of the other rides are in the same park!

Plus: they'll be using SW music. I don't see how ANY of the SW songs fits with a fast moving ride. (The Snow White Rock and Roller Coaster?)

None of the rides in Fantasyland have height requirements.

No one in their right mind would make a Snow White ride 2 yr olds can't go on!

Little kid: "Mommy, I wanna go on Snow White!"
Mom: "Sorry, Snow White is for the big kids now."
Little kid: "But, I went on last time!'
Mom: "That was Snow White's scary ride. This is the Snow White ride that isn't scary, so you can't go on."
Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 AM   #137
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer

I still maintain a Prince Phillip knight/Dragon slayer show similar to Jedi Training or POTC pirate tutorial is a great idea. I'd love to take credit for it, but that was my 11 1/2 year olds' brain child. They could sell a lot of shields & swords. It could culminate in a meet n greet w/Philip, Aurora, Maleficient, and/or 3 good fairies.

Sorry, but Sleeping Beauty is a personal favorite & I'm completely biased.

And I'm sure the Snow White coaster will be cool & a visual delight. Imagineers rarely disappoint.

Last edited by Minnie Mommy Mouse; 01-20-2011 at 05:00 AM. Reason: I can't type or spell:)
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #138
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post
This is why I thought that the Mine ride would be a slow moving one, for todlers. Otherwise, why not just retheme Goofy's barnstormer into the new mine ride?

Plus: they'll be using SW music. I don't see how ANY of the SW songs fits with a fast moving ride. (The Snow White Rock and Roller Coaster?)

Mom: "That was Snow White's scary ride. This is the Snow White ride that isn't scary, so you can't go on."

VERY well put. That's why I think this will definitely be something for ALL ages. Someone linked an online news source that referred to it as a "moderately intense" coaster. I'm still perplexed by the use of the term "intense" at all. As much as I love coasters, putting something in the very heart of Fantasyland that the little kids can't ride just doesn't make sense all.

And your description above in the bolded section sums it up perfectly. If it's too intense for little kids, I think they will definitely have made a mistake here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Mommy Mouse View Post
I still maintain a Prince Phillip knight/Dragon slayer show similar to Jedi Training or POTC pirate tutorial is a great idea. I'd love to take credit for it, but that was my 11 1/2 year olds' brain child. They could sell a lot of shields & swords. It could culminate in a meet n greet w/Philip, Aurora, Maleficient, and/or 3 good fairies.

Sorry, but Sleeping Beauty is a personal favorite & I'm completely biased.

And I'm sure the Snow White coaster will be cool & a visual delight. Imagineers rarely disappoint.
I think that would be cool too, and certainly would fit in their desire to have the attractions be themed for male Fantasyland characters........ ...... but I think with the Pirate Tutorial already in the park and Jedi Training at DHS they are on the verge of overdoing this.

Last edited by mom2rtk; 01-20-2011 at 08:15 AM.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #139
kadesha
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post

I agree! Making a Snow White ride in Fantasyland that may be too intense for kids to go on is a mistake! I don't even like the Barnstormer, so I guess I might not be riding the new Snow White ride very much, which makes me sad because she is one of my favorites!

Last trips: August 2006, May 2007, November 2008, June 2009, and May 2012

Kadesha
Al
Alyssa
Destiny
kadesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #140
mickeygirl14
Mouseketeer

From what I'm reading, there doesn't seem to be a real timeline yet for any of this, other than the closures. I hate to ask specifics, but we're planning our trip for this Sept and now I'm wondering whether my sons favorite ride (The Barnstormer) will be open. While I know just being at DisneyWorld is amazing in and of itself, I know he would be disappointed. Does anyone have any ideas or in for on what might be open/closed in Sept 2011?

'84: Offsite '94: Offsite '96: ASMu Disneymoon Aug '00: POFQ Sept '07: FW-Cabins Sept '10: POR
Feb '11: Made it to WWOHP Sept '11: CR June '12: Swan Surprise Trip Oct '12: Marriott June '13: BC Oct '13: Hilton
June '14: Hilton Oct '14: Hilton

My first WWOHP Visit Report - Did I mention there was FREE butterbeer?

A Host of HOKIES Heads Back to the World! - Sept 2011 PTR.
mickeygirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #141
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeygirl14 View Post
From what I'm reading, there doesn't seem to be a real timeline yet for any of this, other than the closures. I hate to ask specifics, but we're planning our trip for this Sept and now I'm wondering whether my sons favorite ride (The Barnstormer) will be open. While I know just being at DisneyWorld is amazing in and of itself, I know he would be disappointed. Does anyone have any ideas or in for on what might be open/closed in Sept 2011?
I'm not sure if Barnstormer will close when Toontown closes in February.

Add this page your favorites.
kwitcherkicken99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #142
RonaldDuck
'Uncle' Ronald

So, here's a thought I had. What is the Dwarf Mine-Ride is similar to Crush's Coaster at Disneyland Resort Paris? The key difference being that the ride vehicles on Crush spin slowly around in circles, whereas the mine carts shimmy and sway from side to side. But, and here's where I see the link: indoor and outdoor sections (more outdoor than CC, which I think is great), combination of coaster and dark ride elements, music. So if you scale back the intensity level of CC you have what I expect the mine coaster to be. An awesome opportunity to really show off what makes imagineering so great, combining story and (moderate) excitement.
----------

RonaldDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #143
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldDuck View Post
So, here's a thought I had. What is the Dwarf Mine-Ride is similar to Crush's Coaster at Disneyland Resort Paris? The key difference being that the ride vehicles on Crush spin slowly around in circles, whereas the mine carts shimmy and sway from side to side. But, and here's where I see the link: indoor and outdoor sections (more outdoor than CC, which I think is great), combination of coaster and dark ride elements, music. So if you scale back the intensity level of CC you have what I expect the mine coaster to be. An awesome opportunity to really show off what makes imagineering so great, combining story and (moderate) excitement.
You might be on to something.

I can't imagine them just laying out another coaster since Barnstormer would be so close... it would spoil the landscape!
kwitcherkicken99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:22 AM   #144
Dizneylove92
Earning My Ears

any Idea on Tiana an Naveen's last day in Liberty Square? I have a feeling she will be in the expo hall M&G but that would start to get crowded between the three other ladies and the two mice.

Also, I AM GONNA MISS NAVEEN! hate to see him go...
Dizneylove92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #145
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Just wondering where everyone is getting the information that the new Dwarf ride will be a coaster like Barnstormer?

The announcement specifically calls it "The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" - no mention of the word "coaster"

If anything it might be no more intense that the existing Snow White ride.

I just think there is just such a specific goal of Fantasy Land to be for all ages (no height restrictions, etc) that I would be surprised if 99.9% of kids would be ok with the ride

**Just Completed** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #146
kadesha
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeygirl14 View Post
The Barnstormer is part of Toontown so it will be closing. They are rethemeing it...

Last trips: August 2006, May 2007, November 2008, June 2009, and May 2012

Kadesha
Al
Alyssa
Destiny
kadesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #147
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
How about add something that has to do with Sleeping Beauty and take away the BatB or LTM show.
the music. the music in both BATB and TLM is wonderful. i know there is music in SB, but it just is not the same.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #148
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
How about add something that has to do with Sleeping Beauty and take away the BatB or LTM show.
Both BatB and LM are from the heyday of Disney musical animation. The music in the original princess movies is classic to be sure, but just doesn't compare when it comes to quality/complexity and, for current audiences, familiarity. We have a Disney Classics songbook in our piano bench that is mostly music from Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Mary Poppins, etc. and the kids seldom get it out. The sheet music for BatB, on the other hand, is shall we say well-loved (wearing out!).

If they decide to close BatB when the new section at MK opens, my money would be on a Mary Poppins show replacing it since that is the currently unrepresented Disney Broadway musical. And it would fit very well - better than any of the princesses - with the overall theme and atmosphere of DHS.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #149
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldDuck View Post
This is also the impression I am getting of what it's going to be like. You'll also notice if you look at the concept art that the ride doesn't look very tall, so there doesn't appear to be any large drops or even a lift hill. This leads me to believe it will be more of a dark ride with coaster elements, then a coaster with dark ride elements, if that makes any sense.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #150
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
I'm not sure if Barnstormer will close when Toontown closes in February.

Add this page your favorites.
Unfortunately that page has incorrect information on it.
Quote:
In addition, certain entertainment experiences will be relocated:
• Meet-and-greets with Mickey Mouse will take place in Town Square Exposition Hall
• Meet-and-greets with Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, and Tinker Bell and her friends will take place in Town Square Exposition Hall.
The Mice and Princesses will ultimately end up in Expo, but not for a couple more months. In the mean time, they'll be found throughout other MK areas. Fairies are off to Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneylove92 View Post
any Idea on Tiana an Naveen's last day in Liberty Square? I have a feeling she will be in the expo hall M&G but that would start to get crowded between the three other ladies and the two mice.

Also, I AM GONNA MISS NAVEEN! hate to see him go...
Tiana is not part of the group at Expo, so no worries yet. She is not expected to move until the new Princess Fairytale Hall opens (likely to be in 2013 as a Snow White Closure date has yet to be announced).

Last edited by Berlioz70; 01-20-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: