Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

Smile Mama Melroses Lunch Fantasmic package

I had originally made reservations on line for Mama’s at 5:30pm this nt so that we could have the Fantasmic Seating pkg but found out too late that the Fantasmic pkg can only be reserved on the phone. So by the time I learned this and called for reservations all they had left where lunch reservations at 1:30pm. We arrive 1 hr early and ask to be seated early. They say they will try but it would probably be etleast 45 mins before we are seated and we are fine with this since it was so nicely air conditioned. We are seated in about 35min. Our waiter Alex was good and gave us some news I was unaware of.
The fantasmic package is only one dining credit but unlike other table service meals includes an appetizer.

Taking a peak at the menu listed here on the Dis it is not the same exact one we had on 9-14-10. My appetizer isn't on the Dis menu.

DH orders the Antipasto and I order the Clams. Both were good the veggies on the Antipasto plate were so fresh and crisp. My Clams were very good but a little rich because of all of the herbed oil on it. A little goes a long way with the clams.

For our entrees DH orders goat cheese ravioli and I ordered the Sirloin steak with potaoes and carmalized onions. DH didn’t eat all of his pasta because he was full but he did enjoy the food. My sirloin was cooked perfectly and was very yummy with the balsamic shallot butter and wine reduction.

Of course this was plenty to fill us up so when Alex came back we ordered our dessert to go and we each got cheesecake. They were good for our desert later in the evening.

We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the service at Mama’s, as well as the food and wouldn’t hesitate to eat here again if we were to ever back to DHS.

Sept 2010 AKL Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2562391
Epcot 1991 for honeymoon.....off site
M.K. & Epcot 1985 1'st visit....off site
My Ebay store for Disney stuff..................magsco5 Harley...Smoke...Churchill R.I.P...Winston R.I.P.
thumper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
IncredibleboysMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review. We are doing Mama's F! package for lunch in January. How were the seats for Fantasmic?
Disney Magic 4/05, 9/08, 11/13
IncredibleboysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
txtara
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear the good review. We are doing this on our trip in March..cant wait! I have a 3:30 ressie...I believe this is still lunch. Is the price any different than for dinner?

Last edited by txtara; 10-10-2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Add question
txtara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
hellokittiemama
Mouseketeer

Yes the fantasmic pkg includes Apps, entree and dessert. Also if you really are hungry- there are 2 apps on there that are "for 2" but only count as 1 appetizer so you can get calamari for 2 and antipasto for 2.

My husband had the chicken parm it was just OK. I had the penne with vodka and it was HUGE. It was enough pasta that I would have cooked to feed a family of 4! I barely made a dent in it - but it was pretty good!

The fantasmic seating is off to the side - you still need to get there relatively early to get good seating within that reserved section. The yellow ticket they give you to get into the reserved section says arrive 30-45 minutes early and honestly don't feel that is early enough!
Sep 09 - CSR Anniversary Trip
Sep 10 - AKL Anniversary Trip with Savannah Viewing
hellokittiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:12 AM   #5
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

Enjoy your upcoming meals and show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleboysMom View Post
Thanks for the review. We are doing Mama's F! package for lunch in January. How were the seats for Fantasmic?
Seats were good and as many say on the Dis here there really isn't a bad seat in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtara View Post
Glad to hear the good review. We are doing this on our trip in March..cant wait! I have a 3:30 ressie...I believe this is still lunch. Is the price any different than for dinner?
We had the DDP so it was only a 1 credit table service meal. Didn't pay attention to the prices since we weren't paying out of pocket. hehe I wanted to abreviate that but P.O.O.P. didn't sound to good.

My Ebay store for Disney stuff..................magsco5 Harley...Smoke...Churchill R.I.P...Winston R.I.P.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:13 AM   #6
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittiemama View Post
Yes the fantasmic pkg includes Apps, entree and dessert. Also if you really are hungry- there are 2 apps on there that are "for 2" but only count as 1 appetizer so you can get calamari for 2 and antipasto for 2.

My husband had the chicken parm it was just OK. I had the penne with vodka and it was HUGE. It was enough pasta that I would have cooked to feed a family of 4! I barely made a dent in it - but it was pretty good!

The fantasmic seating is off to the side - you still need to get there relatively early to get good seating within that reserved section. The yellow ticket they give you to get into the reserved section says arrive 30-45 minutes early and honestly don't feel that is early enough!
I see we were at AKL at the same time. Did you enjoy your visit?

Old 10-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
Shelli_5
Wants a Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke purse!

Question Where to find more info???

Is there any place that has an accurate menu with prices for the Fantasmic package? We have a 4:10 pm ADR at Mama Melrose during our trip & will be paying out of pocket.

Thanks!

Edited to add: Do they have any sugar-free dessert options or should I contact Disney Dining? Both of my parents are diabetics.
Dec 2004 - Shades of Green
Sept 2005 - Pop Century
Feb 2011 - Shades of Green
Oct 2013 - Coronado Springs
Nov 2014 - Universal Studios - planning in progress
Shelli_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #8
Guatemommy
Mouseketeer

I was just there on 10/12 - Dinner and lunch menu is now the same. We paid $105.91 inc tip for 2 adults and one child fantasmic packages - If I remember correctly, it was about $35 per adult.

Yes, you do get an appy each and yes, they allowed each to pick an appy even if it was listed as "for two". The food was much better than I expected it to be.

There was one no-sugar dessert on the menu, but if you have diabetics in the group, I would suggest indicating on your ressie as I am sure many dishes have added sugar and other items not beneficial to diabetics.

Me the pixie dust planner DH DD

Guatemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
babyflo1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper* View Post
Enjoy your upcoming meals and show.

Seats were good and as many say on the Dis here there really isn't a bad seat in the house.

We had the DDP so it was only a 1 credit table service meal. Didn't pay attention to the prices since we weren't paying out of pocket. hehe I wanted to abreviate that but P.O.O.P. didn't sound to good.
Disney CM on phone just told me that Package for MM was 2 TS meals, think she was new. I made a reservation just for dinner in May based on that. Was she wrong.
babyflo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #10
jmhazlett
Mouseketeer

We had dinner at Mama Melrose last week and we were very disappointed. We have had excellent experiences in the past but this week was different. The food was only so so and the service was terrible. It took 30 minutes to bring the desserts at the end of the meal & once we got them they were half melted. Maybe they just had an off night but we will will be hesitant to book there again.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
CatManDoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper* View Post
the Fantasmic pkg can only be reserved on the phone
??? I was able to reserve on-line a couple of days ago.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #12
txtara
DIS Veteran

You can reserve Mama Melrose on line but not the F! package.
txtara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #13
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtara View Post
You can reserve Mama Melrose on line but not the F! package.
They changed it about a month ago.
you can now book all dining experiences online.
when you go to make a reservation, you can pick dining event. you are then given the option to pick the Fantasmic package.

So yes you can book the Fantasmic package online
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort

Last edited by darthtatty; 01-12-2011 at 08:28 AM.
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #14
Famvaca
Earning My Ears

It is great, kids loved it.
Famvaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #15
Lisa Sox Fan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtatty View Post
They changed it about a month ago.
you can now book all dining experiences online.
when you go to make a reservation, you can pick dining event. you are then given the option to pick the Fantasmic package.

So yes you can book the Fantasmic package online
Would you say the Fantasmic package is worth it? I guess you are paying for a guaranteed seat for the show.
Lisa Sox Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: