Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #31
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Great updates! Lots of good tips for when I go this year with my (then) 2 year old.

I wasn't planning on many sit down meals, and your description of Le Cellier has sealed the deal for me! We don't do to many normally at home anyway(It bugs me spending all that money, and then I gulp down a meal that I don't even enjoy! Boo to that!), so it won't be much of a change. We may do one or two over our 9 day trip, but that's it I think.

And I have made a mental note to let my toddler toddle!
With a 2yo you'll probably have a much better handle on your toddler's needs. Part of our issue was that Lily has only been toddling for about 2 months. And we just didn't get out as much in those 2 months to notice how different her behavior was. Of course, by 2, I'm sure something new will come up too!

And my next update might help you pick better choices for table dining!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #32
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

December 20, Cont.
We made it back into Epcot a little early for our reservation, so guess what we did?

Yep! Rode Nemo again! lol
By far Lily’s favorite meal in August was at the Garden Grill. It was a very special experience for us all and you really need to go read about it if you haven’t.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2541257&page=5
(Post 65) I can’t figure out how to directly link to the post…
I learned a lot from that visit. Okay, not really, just mainly that I need to take more pictures instead of letting DH film everything. This is the only picture from that visit:

This time?

You feel like you were there, right?
It’s amazing how much she’s changed in 4 months.
That was her first Oreo ever. I think I need to send the first picture to Nabisco.

On the last trip, she loved to give everyone kisses. This time when I told her to give kisses, she would stick out her cheek or forehead so the character would kiss her. She wasn’t interested in Chip, because she saw Pluto first, so she kept barking at Chip. It was really funny. Of course, once Pluto came over, she refused to bark.

The food was just eh again, but our waitress was very nice. My favorite food parts of GG are that they have sweet tea and the kids dessert, so you see I don’t love the food. But the best part? Jen was there too! (you have read ther other report by now right?) I saw her walk by in the distance and got very excited. I had told her we were coming back, but she said she would be gone by December. So I asked my waitress if she could ask Jen to come over. When she walked up to the table I knew she didn’t remember, but that totally didn’t matter. I explained to her that she had made the other meal the best of the trip and that I really appreciated it. I can’t believe she was there!

Lily had zero meltdowns during this meal and loved seeing the characters. I thought maybe the other meals were bad timing and things would be better.

After dinner we headed out and hit Nemo again. I know, seriously? She really, really loves it. What can I say?
We took this (and tons of PP pics)

And we caught Off Kilter!! I had walked by them once or twice before, but this time we actually stopped and heard 1.75 songs!

Lily clapped and waved her arms

It was really cold and we had some other things in mind to do.

We headed back to see if Lily might take another nap. She was super happy and wired (Oreo’s anyone?) Monday night is her late night at home. I don’t get home until after 9 from work and she rarely goes to sleep without me. So we decided to try something crazy… We went back to Epcot for Illuminations. Lily had never seen Disney fireworks. She liked the ones we saw on the Fourth of July and she really liked watching them on TV. Plus we were a short walk to them and the resort. We figured we’d watch from the International gateway bridge and duck out at the end or if she wasn’t happy.

So we made it into the park just in time for her to….fall asleep in her stroller. Lol We were about 25 minutes early, so we decided to grab a spot on the bridge and then we prepared ourselves. She was going to wake up for sure, so we decided we’d see if we could get her to stay in the stroller (because she was in love with the fireworks and they made her happy) or much, much, much more likely, we’d pull her out as soon as she woke up and see if we could get her happy about them. And worst case? We’d pull her out, she would freak and we’d carry her back to the resort.

I’m sure you can guess what happened. She woke up unhappy right away, so DH grabbed her, but she wanted me. She was okay at first with the fireworks, but the globe part was so boring, it made her antsy and she was sleepy. The fireworks started bothering her a lot and she started crying. NO gift tag was worth bugging her this much, so we headed out. DH and I took turns carrying her back. We got to see a lot of the high fireworks from a few different spots along the boardwalk.

On the way back, DH decided that he must stop and get some root beer for his refillable mug. I had a really ugly moment. In hindsight it wasn’t that big of a deal. But for some reason, I got it in my head that once the fireworks ended the BW would be mobbed by thousands of people exiting and we might have to wait for the elevator to get our very tired (but doing ok now) baby back to the room. In my mind he was being crazy selfish and I was super mad. We waited in line behind a couple of guys ordering some pizza at the pizza window and I just said, “I can’t believe you!”

They finished ordering and chatting and one of the guys turned around and said, “I can’t believe you, I can’t believe you!” rolling his eyes and not looking at us. I was actually chastised by his behavior, though he was rude. So rude dude on the Boardwalk, sorry I bothered you so much that you felt the need to mock me to my face (without actually looking me in the face). Had he looked at me, I would have laughed and probably apologized, because I really was being an idiot. And for a moment my anger spiked even more, but I was so surprised by his behavior that I just shut up and laughed about it later.

We made it away from the pizza place just as the (pretty light) crowd started coming onto the Boardwalk and got in an elevator right away. Lily passed back out and we were done for the night. (oh and I apologized to DH for making a big deal out of nothing.)

Did I ever mention that about the Boardwalk? The only way to get to the Boardwalk with a stroller was through an elevator? There is one single elevator on the Inn side that comes out by the Belle Vue Lounge. We found that the night we arrived and I had to stop and ask to make sure it wasn’t the only way. The only other way is the bank of 3 elevators that luckily was right by our room. I just can’t imagine being stuck way out in the far reaches of the resort and walking through the hallways every night.

So a great day with a no so great ending. AK is coming!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #33
LaurenLC
DIS Veteran

I am diligently reading both of your trip reports now because all of a sudden I am terrified of our May trip! I'm really excited, but it just hit me today that we will be taking an 11 month old to Disney World and I need all the tips I can get!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #34
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

We haven't done Garden Grill yet. It is on our ADR list for this summer. I have heard several people say the food is just okay.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #35
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLC View Post
I am diligently reading both of your trip reports now because all of a sudden I am terrified of our May trip! I'm really excited, but it just hit me today that we will be taking an 11 month old to Disney World and I need all the tips I can get!
Lauren when are you going in May?? We are going to Orlando in May and will be doing one day at the mouse!
Sarah~ Sorry to hijack! I got the bear at TRU! I am loving your report!! I love how Lily is with the characters I hope Annabelle is like that.

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
Old 01-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #36
harleyquinn

Quote:
I tried to put everything you never to think to ask in the first one, but if you think of anything, let me know. I hope it's helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
We haven't done Garden Grill yet. It is on our ADR list for this summer. I have heard several people say the food is just okay.
I love the salad. I forgot about that. They DRENCH it in dressing, so I asked for it on the side and it was sooo much better. It's kind of a cobb salad. yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
Lauren when are you going in May?? We are going to Orlando in May and will be doing one day at the mouse!
Sarah~ Sorry to hijack! I got the bear at TRU! I am loving your report!! I love how Lily is with the characters I hope Annabelle is like that.
Feel free to talk to each other! Not a hijack at all! lol We almost bought the same one for Lily, but she already has too many bears.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #37
harleyquinn

Tuesday, December 21
The night before, DH and I discussed my plan for Ak, which was to try and see all three shows, Lion King, Nemo and Flights of Wonder if we could fit it in. DH was insistent that she wouldn’t be able to handle any of them and would just want to run around. After our experience with Crush, I reluctantly agreed that the shows could wait for her to get older. I really wanted to try Nemo anyway since she is so in love with it, but I envisioned her running through the aisle and tripping one of the performers. So my big 2 day AK plan turned into, “Ummm…what is there to do at AK?” lol

This allowed us to sleep in again since there wasn’t any need to get there early. When we got to the bus stop the CM told us it would be 10-15 minutes before the bus came, but it pulled up about 1 minute later! I think it’s sweet that BW had a CM there in the mornings and some other times of the day. I know they frequently entertain the kiddos and give stickers and things, but we weren’t at the bus stop very often. We stopped at the Swan and Dolphin and were on our way. It took a bit, and I was glad we weren’t trying to get there earlier as we would have had to get to the bus stop a lot earlier than I like to be conscious.

We made our way into the park around 9:30.

The Lion King was about to start, so I told DH we should go to Camp Minnie/Mickey and try to see the character greetings. BEST IDEA EVER! If you have a young child, who you think may not make it through the show or want the perfect time to see a TON of characters with no wait, head to CMM when the Lion King is showing.

We saw all of the following with no wait at all.

Every main character had a tree. They were sweet.

Some of the best PP pics were here, because the CMs and characters took plenty of time with us. For some reason Lily decided that she needed to rest her head on Minnie.

I have to talk about this next one. My FIL loves everything Disney, but especially Donald Duck. He does Donald’s voice perfectly. Sometimes it scares Lily, sometimes she loves it. Right now she’s Donald obsessed and can clearly say “Donald Duck,” which is exactly what she did when she saw him down the path. He was the last one we saw and, she was so much happier to see him than anyone else.

By the time we got to poor Turk, Lily just wanted to go back and hang out with Donald.

Well, we’re less than an hour into the day, but I think I need a new post!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #38
harleyquinn

December 21 Cont.
Next, I headed over to FP the safari, while DD and DH played with the drums. The standby time said 15 minutes, but the queue was way out onto the walk ways. The FP return time was 45 minutes later. I didn’t realize that the train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch (our next destination) was right next to the safari, so I had to go back and get my drummers.

There were a few strollers lined up by the entrance and it’s a train, so I figured we couldn’t take the stroller. You can. A few people had there’s when we got to the station, so I headed back out to get ours. My memory of RPW was very hazy. I knew it had a petting area and Lily LOVES our local one. We had only done it on our very first trip. I would remember why we skipped it soon. As I was coming back with the stroller, the train was just about to leave and we missed it. The next train pulled up less than 5 minutes later.

Lily loved the train. It was worth the time just for her excitement coming and going. She bounced up and down and did a lot of pointing and “see, see!” Apparently you only bring your stroller so you can bring it down the short path to the train and then down the other short path to the RPW area. I don’t think you can actually take it into the conservation station, but I could be wrong. In hindsight, it would have been easier to leave the stroller and carry her.

We headed straight to the petting area. *sigh* How can Disney get something so easy so terribly wrong? I’m sure there is some reason they only have one animal out to pet, but it’s lame. So we got to pet goats. Yippee!

They were cute and all, but eh. There are two little roped off areas that display a bunch of signs that read, “We are taking a break, please leave us alone.” (or something like that lol) Everyone ignored the signs. There were 3-5 goats actually out and about that we were supposed to be petting, but everyone’s attention was on these two.

They were head butting and Lily thought it was hilarious. Around the outskirts there was a pig, an ostrich, and a llama. At least we think that’s what they were. In another nod to failure, there are no signs proclaiming what any of the animals actually are. After a few minutes we headed out and washed our hands (Lily liked that part too). We went into the conservation station and saw…

Which Lily enjoyed and…

Which Lily did not enjoy! Ha! And that was our super grand tour of Rafiki’s Awesomely Amazing Planet Watch. I now remembered exactly why we haven’t been back there in 7 years. This may be the single biggest time waster at WDW. We rode the train back, which Lily loved and headed straight into the FP queue for the safari. Again we parked our stroller and then had to go back and get it since the safari parking is along the queue. (We should have just parked it where we had it).

I have been on around 10 previous safaris. This was by far the best. There were scores of new babies and so many up close encounters. And no pictures. DH filmed most of it. I was too busy hanging onto DD for dear life. I had it in my head that the majority of the ride was bumpy, when in reality it was only the really fast bit at the end. The rest of this particular safari was very, very slow. The animals really wanted to greet us. On one occasion a Momma rhino and baby walked across the road in front of our vehicle. The baby was taking his sweet time until big Daddy rhino came running up behind the baby. The baby quickly ran after momma. It was too cute. Lily really loved the fast bumpy part at the end. It was awesome.

We took our time on the way out and did the jungle trek. The path was really crowded and the animals weren’t all that active. I did manage a few photos of this guy

We stepped out of the trek and it was wall to wall people. It was insane! We could barely walk. So we decided to get the heck out of the park, but once we got clear of that section of the park, it wasn’t bad at all. Busy, be not insane. Since we had no idea if we had any counter service options on the Board Walk and we were all hungry, we decided to stop at Pizzafari. Inside was the most freakishly well-organized counter service experience I have ever seen.

Instead of having the giant mass of people sort of waiting in lines, they had it roped off and a CM sent you into line. It was great. After getting the food, a CM showed us to a table. They seemed to have a system of filling up each section. It was extremely busy and chaotic, but it was super controlled chaos. We shared a table with some very sweet girls who entertained Lily. We actually had a very good meal and Lily was happy.

Afterwards, we headed out of the park. It was getting really crowded and we were done. Hard to believe we did so little, yet wasted so much time! Lol All in all it was a successful morning and Lily had lots of fun, which was what really counts.

Up next: DHS for some lights and bites!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #39
december
DIS Veteran

I love the picture with her head on Minnie! Katie loves Donald too. All the fab 4 are Donald right now, Mickey is Donald, Minnie is Donald, Daisy and Donald are Donald, Goofy and Pluto are "PupPup"

Katie loved both shows in AK at 13 mos. Lion King is so awesome, and I can't imagine missing it! Nemo show has bubbles coming down through the whole show, and she loved that!

We did Rafiki's our first trip in 2006. Since then we ride the train up, then ride the train back (never get off.....).
Old 01-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #40
december
DIS Veteran

Katie loves looking at your pics. She is fighting me now to see them. She waves at Goofy, told her to "stop that" when she saw your little one kissing Donald, and growls when she sees the gorilla!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #41
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
I love the picture with her head on Minnie! Katie loves Donald too. All the fab 4 are Donald right now, Mickey is Donald, Minnie is Donald, Daisy and Donald are Donald, Goofy and Pluto are "PupPup"

Katie loved both shows in AK at 13 mos. Lion King is so awesome, and I can't imagine missing it! Nemo show has bubbles coming down through the whole show, and she loved that!

We did Rafiki's our first trip in 2006. Since then we ride the train up, then ride the train back (never get off.....).
Ugh! I really wish we had done Nemo. We could have left if we needed to. I just know she would have loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
Katie loves looking at your pics. She is fighting me now to see them. She waves at Goofy, told her to "stop that" when she saw your little one kissing Donald, and growls when she sees the gorilla!
Soo cute!!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #42
harleyquinn

I just noticed your ticker. When are you cruising? We think a cruise will be our next trip. I'm thinking about the July 21, 2012 sailing of the Fantasy, because we'll pay for a 2 year old, but she'll turn 3 on the second day.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #43
december
DIS Veteran

We are doing a 5 night on the Dream, July 8 2012. Katie turns 3 in May, and we'll still be in school, so I can't get that deal. That is what Patsy is doing, too.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #44
LaurenLC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
May 31-May 21! When are you going?

Sorry for disrupting the tr!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #45
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:
May 31-May 21! When are you going?

Sorry for disrupting the tr!
Currently 7-14.

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~

Display Modes Rate This Thread