Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Sleeping Jilly
Mouseketeer

Gelato face and Fudge spoon's 10 day adventure!! UPDATED 2/5 Epcot cont!!!

My name is Jill and I'm starting my very first TR on our 2nd trip to the world!! Who exactly are we?

Jill 29, (Minnie) and I just love disney!! My love is now becoming over obsessive!!

Mike, 29 (dale) My darling husband we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary this year!! He also loves his dirt car and our disney trips!

Michael, 12(Mickey) He is a very silly one sometimes!

Ryan, 10 (pluto) Ryan is super curious and asks TONS of questions!

As you may notice we are big hat people, we are the family who always wears our hats! I will also point out how much his shocks me! My Hubby especially whom you'd never suspect, however he seems to wear his the most!

THE TRIP DETAILS
When: September 19th thru 28th
Where: Disney All star movies
FREE DINING!!!

Last trip in 2008 we stayed in the same hotel, in the dalmations building. This time we got what I wanted Fantasia! I'm sorry to say I did not take hotel pic's really. Infact I didn't take as many pictures as would have liked, I mostly relied on photopass pic's this time. I'm guessing this was mostly because I didn't want to carry the camera or dig it out of the backpack. I will have pictures though!!

Next chapter: Getting on the road!!

CHAPTER LINKS
Chapter 2 Getting on the road!!
Chapter 3 The little pig cried all the way home!!
Chapter 4 Let the Blizzard begin!!!
Chapter 5 Hollywood bound!!!
Chapter 6 A trip to the future!
Chapter & Epcot sept 21st cont..

Last edited by Sleeping Jilly; 02-05-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
debf
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read more about your trip. Love the hats.There is no way my Dh would wear that hat, but they look great.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

I'm here!
Love the hats!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 11-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
Sleeping Jilly
Mouseketeer

Thanks for joining in! This picture is from our 1st trip... we have some new hats this trip too! We love our disney hats!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
Sleeping Jilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I'm here!
Love the hats!
Yea!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
Sleeping Jilly
Mouseketeer

Getting going!!

So the day before we left mike had to work and I had to get all the packing done. We planned on leaving around 3am, so mike was supposed to go to bed early. Well he didn't get to bed until 11pm and I was getting everthing packed at this time! I didn't want to pack earlier because I didn't want the boys to catch on! Well, I thought everything was together and just needed to be put in suitcases, this shouldn't take to long... Wrong, 2:30am I'm finally finished and exahusted. I decide if I lay down I will never get up, so I wake mike up. We get everthing in the car and now it's time for a surprise wake-up call!!! Waking your children up at 3am for a mystery trip didn't work out like I thought, they didn't want to move!!! From here things got a little crazy, after a lot of whining and crying(from my oldest!!) we get on the road!! I get some sleep in the car... I think I did. We stop for Cracker Barrell in GA, still the kids have no idea where we are going. Ryan did question all the palm trees. Not until Orlando do they catch on!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
Sleeping Jilly
Mouseketeer

The little pig cried all the way home!!

Ryan now does his best impersonation of the little pig in the Gieco commercial. He cried weee weee weee the rest of the way to our home all star movies!!! We arrived at the hotel around 2pm. We find a small line at the on-line check in desk, it moved quickly. Also my kids were asking a million questions at this point. Such as... how long are we staying, why didn't you tell us, are we going to waterparks... and so on. Our room is ready YEA!!! We go check out our room Fantasia first floor right near our favorite pool!! We relax and watch disney cartoons for a bit and head out to MAGIC KINGDOM!!! We took the monorail over and made our way to BTMRR!!! It was only a 10 min wait!!! We get fastpasses for splash mtn. and run over to space mtn. Only a 20 min wait, it was more like 15 min! Then we head back to splash mtn.( Alot of walking back and forth!!) After we get dinner at pinnochio village haus. It was pretty good, my kids were very interested in how the dinning plan worked. Michael was most pleased with his choc cake!! When we leave wishes has started we watch a little and head to one of my favorite rides!!!

After Haunted mansion we ride the tea cups ( are only chance) and we also go in the swiss family tree house. I didn't take many pic's our first 2 days, but here is our first photopass pic on our way out of the park.

Last edited by Sleeping Jilly; 11-30-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:49 PM   #8
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Yay for the update!
I hate your surprise during the night didn't go as planned when you tried to wake your boys up. I hate it when you have something envisioned in your head on how something will go & it just doesn't work out that way.
I can get Lexi up pretty easy during the night, but we cannot get Levi up for nothing!
I'm glad your boys finally woke up & were excited when you got there!

I love that Gieco little pig commercial. I'm not sure about riding with the pig though, I might go crazy

Your photopass picture was great. I can't believe the difference Michael looks in this one compared to your last trips picture. He looks so much older!

I love your Myrtle Beach shirt

I was at MK on this day too. I'm writing about it right now on my TR. I hate we didn't run into each other.
I can't believe you functioned that well with hardly any sleep. I'm impressed!

Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 12-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
Sleeping Jilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Yay for the update!
I hate your surprise during the night didn't go as planned when you tried to wake your boys up. I hate it when you have something envisioned in your head on how something will go & it just doesn't work out that way.
I can get Lexi up pretty easy during the night, but we cannot get Levi up for nothing!
I'm glad your boys finally woke up & were excited when you got there!

I love that Gieco little pig commercial. I'm not sure about riding with the pig though, I might go crazy

Your photopass picture was great. I can't believe the difference Michael looks in this one compared to your last trips picture. He looks so much older!

I love your Myrtle Beach shirt

I was at MK on this day too. I'm writing about it right now on my TR. I hate we didn't run into each other.
I can't believe you functioned that well with hardly any sleep. I'm impressed!
once we got on the road it was all worth it. Riding with the little pig was funny for a while. I also can't belive how big michael has gotten!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #10
Sleeping Jilly
Mouseketeer

Day 2 Sept.20th Let the blizzard begin!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates I've been so busy with work and christmas shopping!!! So day 2 starts of like most days for me, I wake up later than what I wanted. I also realize that we didn't have much sleep the night before so I feel a little better. I'm not sure what time we got up and out to breakfast. We just had breakfast at the hotel today. I found the whole breakfast dining plan a little more complicated at first. However we got our mugs and lots of drinks!! The amount you get for breakfast is a little silly at times but we put the extra drinks in our cooler for the parks or whatever. I was getting so excited to head to Blizzard Beach!!!!! Our first time going to a disney waterpark. BB opened at 10 am but we didn't get there til 11 because of my late start. I'm dissiapointed that I have no pictures of BB We had so much fun!!! We did have a few difficult moments because Mike is not a huge waterpark fan, his feet were not liking the concrete. He won't wear flip flops either so he was a little cranky at times. We did have mini donuts YUM!! We all went down summit plummet it was a little scary but fun!!! I just loved it here except the stairs for some of the slides were tiring. My guess is we left around 3:00, we went back to the hotel to relax a little before we head to Hollywood studio's for extra hours!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Signing up for the ride

Old 12-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
Sleeping Jilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
Signing up for the ride
Thanks for joining in!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #13
Sleeping Jilly
Mouseketeer

Day 2... Hollywood here we come

Ok so finding time do get on the DIS has been difficult. So anyways after a quick hotel rest from BB. I'm not sure but I think the kids fell asleep for about an hour. Everyone seemed ready to take on Hollywood. This is my 2nd favorite park! Yes finally a night time ride on tower of terror!!!!! We also went to see muppet vision, I love the Muppets!!! Then we went on the great movie ride, I love classic movies so I love this ride, for some reason Michael seems to like it too!! After we stopped under the big hat and I got my lanyard and a little case so I could put our passes in, so much easier with that! The kids also got pin trading starter sets, they came with a lanyard and like 4 pins. Ryan also bought a Star wars pin and I got a TOT pin. I'll have pic's of these later on. So $80 later we go ride TOT and RNR, Ryan's first time on this ride, I think he liked it but was a little frightened by how fast it took off. Then we got dinner at the little food court area by TOT, it was ok I'm guessing we mostly had burger's except Ryan he had chicken strips. Then we made our wy out of the park michael was getting a little grumpy and tired at this point I think we all were. Here are some photopass pic's we took on the way out.

I don't care for this second pic too much what is wrong with me and michael's eyes, I always make funny faces in my pic's!!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
lindsey
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more. We were at Disney the same week.
Jun82 - FW, Aug88 - FW, Oct91 - FW, Oct92 - FW, Dec93 - POR (formerly DL), Feb95 - POR(formerly DL), Jun96 - off site, Dec96 - Poly, Jun99 - FW, Dec00 - FW, Dec02 - FW, Jun04 -FW, Dec05 - BWI & AKL, Feb07 - offsite, Jun07 - ASMo, Oct 08 - ASMu, Feb09 Pop/Bonnet Creek, Sep10 - Bonnet Creek, Nov 11 - Bonnet Creek, Jn 13 - POP, Bonnet Creek, Caribbean Beach

Old 12-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #15
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great night where you were able to do a lot.
I was in shock how fast RNR took off too!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: