Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #76
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Next up was another favourite.. Splash Mountain! No wait at all.
I think you were stalking us that day, LOL.

I was EXTREMELY happy the jets were turned off. However, DS's butt was wet. Maybe b/c there were so many empty seats and they get really wet.

Quote:
We walked to Liberty Square & in to the Hall of Presidents Ė Steve hadnít seen it since the Obama animatronic was added, and we agreed itís a really interesting show now!
I loved it. DD fell asleep

Quote:
the rain had really cooled the temperature down
We thought so too. It was really chilly.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #77
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how empty MK was for you guys! You got a ton accomplished!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #78
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

The story about Katrina is the same reason why I'm a Saints fan. I was soooo happy they won the Superbowl last year. DH is the one who really got me into football. I love the game now. And beer does go much better with football than wine does, LOL. I will say that I hate Bud. I love NY but Boston beer is awesome!! We plan on doing the Sam Adams tour in Boston, MA for his 40th bday this year.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #79
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Wow MK does look empty from your early photos! Yours is the first TR I have read that actually likes the changes to Space Mountain! I was a bit hesitant to ride it after hearing negative reviews but you two sure seemed to enjoy it!

What a great surprise from your sister! That flower bouquet looks gorgeous.

Wow the Osborne lights look incredible and on seeing illuminations from your room.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #80
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

I was glad to read another update from you! You really lucked out with the low crowds at the Magic Kingdom! I love their opening show, even though it's corny! Good morning, good MORning!

You can reply to "Who Dat!" with "Who Dat" or "We Dat!"

I was wondering about your Osborne Lights photos. They are nice, but my first thought was that "Her camera takes better pictures than that, I wonder what happened!" I love my iPhone; it's nice to always have a decent back-up camera!

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Old 01-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #81
Swalphin
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Sunday the 12th was the day we arrived so I will be curious to see how our strategies compare.
Love Muppet 3D always a "must do"
Your sister is so sweet the flowers are beautiful and the ornament too, each year you will put it on your tree and remember this trip
Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:41 AM   #82
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Sounds like the perfect day

MK in the morning (esp EMH) is the best isn't it? Its so empty and quiet and you can get just about everything done by lunch.

Loving your interaction at ESPN, was it a good game?
Old 01-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #83
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

I don't know how it took me so long to find your TR, but here now and loving it! Looks like you had a great trip to New York and really got a lot in! You probably walked right past my office on your Statue of Liberty/ financial district morning - I work on Wall Street, and was probably having a lot less fun than you were that morning!

Your first couple of days in Disney look perfect! Can't believe how empty the MK was for you! I love being able to get so much done on the first MK morning. And awesome room location; so cool that you could see Illuminations and Wishes from your room!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #84
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Thank you everyone for reading & the lovely comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Sounds like the perfect day

MK in the morning (esp EMH) is the best isn't it? Its so empty and quiet and you can get just about everything done by lunch.

Loving your interaction at ESPN, was it a good game?
Yup we love our early mornings in the parks.. more than happy to leave at lunchtime, knowing we've done so many attractions!

The Saints game was pretty good.. and they won! ... it was hard to concentrate on one game when each screen was on a different game.. there was one (I believe it was the NY Giants) that was being played in a huge blizzard... but they just carried on playing! It was the same day that the Minnesota Viking's stadium roof collapsed under the weight of snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sPiglet? View Post
I was glad to read another update from you! You really lucked out with the low crowds at the Magic Kingdom! I love their opening show, even though it's corny! Good morning, good MORning!

You can reply to "Who Dat!" with "Who Dat" or "We Dat!"

I was wondering about your Osborne Lights photos. They are nice, but my first thought was that "Her camera takes better pictures than that, I wonder what happened!" I love my iPhone; it's nice to always have a decent back-up camera!
hehe thank you for the Saints 'response'.. we'll remember next time!

I was so glad I had the phone with me rather than not get any photos of the amazing lights! the photos on the balcony of Illuminations were also taken on the phone, those look a bit better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleOrville View Post
I don't know how it took me so long to find your TR, but here now and loving it! Looks like you had a great trip to New York and really got a lot in! You probably walked right past my office on your Statue of Liberty/ financial district morning - I work on Wall Street, and was probably having a lot less fun than you were that morning!

Your first couple of days in Disney look perfect! Can't believe how empty the MK was for you! I love being able to get so much done on the first MK morning. And awesome room location; so cool that you could see Illuminations and Wishes from your room!
Hi! Thanks for finding the TR & reading along so far! we really did have an amazing time in NYC, will definitely be going back one day!

Emma x
Old 01-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #85
stephielela
DIS Veteran

The same thing happened to us for our Crystal Palace ADR except the hours changed literally last minute so we didn't know till we got to the park... I still called and canceled. You guys really got a lot done! I had heard mixed reviews on Mama Melrose so I'm happy to hear you liked it.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #86
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
We noticed the water jets were turned off (the ones where you get really soaked through), so apart from a bit of spray on the big drop, we were quite dry.
You are lucky, when we rode it was about 45 degrees outside and the jets soaked us! It was not funny!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #87
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Wow, amazing pics. I love the Illuminations view from your room- simply beautiful.

you guys got so much done on your MK morning- i can't believe how empty the streets looked! good call on skipping CP. We had the same issue as you know- a 8am CP ressie and they ended up changing hours to open at 8. we had to go though, breakfast with Pooh is the one thing my son looked forward to the whole trip and we had a great time. We still got a lot done afterwards with low crowds.

gorgeous flowers your sister sent too- what a great idea. i so want to do this when/if any of my family goes.

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #88
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how empty MK was! It was like you two were the only one's in the park!

I completely agree about DHS at night. During the day I don't enjoy it so much, but I discovered on our November trip that I really like the atmosphere at night. It's like a whole different park.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #89
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

What a great day!

I bet DF enjoyed getting to talk to some 'local' saints fans, I'm gonna look up some of the background on the Saints, sounds like a nice story...

Your Just engaged button is getting lots of good attention, supose thats one of the things that makes Disney just a bit mre special than anywhere else!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #90
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
Wow, amazing pics. I love the Illuminations view from your room- simply beautiful.

you guys got so much done on your MK morning- i can't believe how empty the streets looked! good call on skipping CP. We had the same issue as you know- a 8am CP ressie and they ended up changing hours to open at 8. we had to go though, breakfast with Pooh is the one thing my son looked forward to the whole trip and we had a great time. We still got a lot done afterwards with low crowds.

gorgeous flowers your sister sent too- what a great idea. i so want to do this when/if any of my family goes.
Hi! we couldn't believe the low crowds that morning at MK.. especially as it was a weekend - but by 11am/12pm, the park definitely started to feel busier.. I do love those first couple of hours with no crowds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I can't believe how empty MK was! It was like you two were the only one's in the park!

I completely agree about DHS at night. During the day I don't enjoy it so much, but I discovered on our November trip that I really like the atmosphere at night. It's like a whole different park.
hehe it did get busier as the morning went on.. I was shocked how quiet that first hour was though! (I think everyone else at rope-drop had headed to Fantasyland?!)
I especially love the area around Tower of Terror in DHS at night.. the hotel has that really eery glow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
What a great day!

I bet DF enjoyed getting to talk to some 'local' saints fans, I'm gonna look up some of the background on the Saints, sounds like a nice story...

Your Just engaged button is getting lots of good attention, supose thats one of the things that makes Disney just a bit mre special than anywhere else!
Yes DF loved that there were other Saints fans in WDW and ESPN! at home, he has a few friends that follow the NFL - but not anyone who supports New Orleans.. he does like wearing his Saints jerseys & tshirts in the parks.. I'm planning to get him a couple more for honeymoon

Last edited by disneybarbie; 01-23-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: