Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #166
Hayley94
Baking up a storm and dreaming of Disney!

So glad you had a great trip, despite the snow delays!!! it must be sooo exciting that you'll be Mr & Mrs next time you're in WDW! and also, you are best colleague in the world, bringing taffy back for your workmates!
fantastic TR, hope you're planning to write one for your honeymoon!

Old 02-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #167
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I love being able to spend a bit of time at the parks before heading home... just stretching out the magic for as long as possible!!! It sounds like you guys had a great trip, despite the cold weather! At least you know it will be plenty warm for your next trip!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #168
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Fantastic trip report! I really enjoyed reading along
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 03-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #169
Swalphin
DIS Veteran

So sad your TR is finished, but you will be back soon. I really enjoyed reading along. I am still reading your PJ, I will be keeping up with your plans over there. You both are so cute!
Brenda
Old 03-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #170
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

so sad your report is over. You had such amazing photos, i loved them all.

yuck on the flight home, so sorry you got detoured to another airport.

it sounds like your last day was a fabulous one though. Did he like the GF? i can't wait to read the honeymoon report this summer!!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip!!! i really enjoyed being along for the ride.

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 03-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #171
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
That would throw me off too if an airport security person cracked a joke like that! What a crazy ordeal you had with your flight/drive back home! They really should have cancelled your flight and "forced" you to stay in WDW another day or so.

I've really enjoyed your TR! I've travelled a lot within the US, but I've never been to NYC, so that part was really nice to see too. Your honeymoon trip isn't too far off now! Congratulations in advance on your wedding and I look forward to hearing about your honeymoon trip!
I really wish they had cancelled the flight ahead of time! never mind, we made it home. It really threw me when the security guy at the airport made a joke!
Thank you for the wedding congrats.. I plan to do a TR after the honeymoon.. helps relive the vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Great updates Spending your last day in MK and then Epcot was a great idea and way to soak up every last bit of Disney before going home.

Yikes! First a 2hr delay and then further delays on landing. You guys must have been so frustrated and bless your sister for making it to Gatwick in the snow. I remember from the news that everything completely shut down and it was utter chaos.

Thanks so much for sharing your TR with us, was a blast reading along. Can't wait to read all about the honeymoon in July
Hi Stefy, I've really enjoyed writing this TR and sharing our trip.. it was so much fun.. hope you & Dave can make it over to Disney during the Christmas period one time

I think we were pretty lucky to make it home that day in December, it was so frustrating at Stansted airport.. we could see the snow pounding down outside, and no one would tell us where our luggage was/if the buses would be there to take us to Gatwick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley94 View Post
So glad you had a great trip, despite the snow delays!!! it must be sooo exciting that you'll be Mr & Mrs next time you're in WDW! and also, you are best colleague in the world, bringing taffy back for your workmates!
fantastic TR, hope you're planning to write one for your honeymoon!
Hi! as we were leaving MK and Epcot on that last day, I was thinking to myself 'next time I'm here we'll be married!" very excited to wear those white 'bride' mouse ears in June!
Thank you for reading, definitely plan to write one for honeymoon trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I love being able to spend a bit of time at the parks before heading home... just stretching out the magic for as long as possible!!! It sounds like you guys had a great trip, despite the cold weather! At least you know it will be plenty warm for your next trip!!
Hi! it was a fantastic trip even though the weather wasn't on our side ... I've said we cannot moan about the heat in June.. it'll be a welcome change to having to wear coats & gloves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Fantastic trip report! I really enjoyed reading along
thank you for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swalphin View Post
So sad your TR is finished, but you will be back soon. I really enjoyed reading along. I am still reading your PJ, I will be keeping up with your plans over there. You both are so cute!
Brenda
Thank you for reading Brenda.. the PJ will continue... 15 weeks til the Big Day now, wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
so sad your report is over. You had such amazing photos, i loved them all.

yuck on the flight home, so sorry you got detoured to another airport.

it sounds like your last day was a fabulous one though. Did he like the GF? i can't wait to read the honeymoon report this summer!!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip!!! i really enjoyed being along for the ride.
Hi, thank you so much for reading along!
Yes DF definitely like the Grand Floridian.. he said "wow" when we walked into the lobby that morning .. I did mention we had a theme-park view room, but I think he's forgotten... extra little surprise when we arrive there I guess!

Emma x
Old 03-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #172
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I loved your TR, as always, Emma! You guys really packed a lot in your last day. The GF is so beautiful-- perfect for your honeymoon!
What an adventure in getting home you guys had-- I'm glad all was well and you guys and your sister (what a trooper to drive through all that and wait for you guys-- sounds like she definitely deserved that wristlet!) eventually got home safe!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #173
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I can't believe it's taken me so long to see your final update! I can't believe the ordeal you had getting back home! I bet that was quite a shock after what looked like some very nice weather on your last day at Disney.

I so enjoyed your report!, Emma! And you know I'm really looking forward to the next one!!! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!
Old 03-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #174
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I loved your TR, as always, Emma! You guys really packed a lot in your last day. The GF is so beautiful-- perfect for your honeymoon!
What an adventure in getting home you guys had-- I'm glad all was well and you guys and your sister (what a trooper to drive through all that and wait for you guys-- sounds like she definitely deserved that wristlet!) eventually got home safe!
Thank you for reading along!
it was definitely an adventure getting home.. yup my sister deserved 10 D&B wristlets for picking us up at the airport that day! we insisted we paid for the carpark too.. it was over £12 for all the time she'd been there lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I can't believe it's taken me so long to see your final update! I can't believe the ordeal you had getting back home! I bet that was quite a shock after what looked like some very nice weather on your last day at Disney.

I so enjoyed your report!, Emma! And you know I'm really looking forward to the next one!!! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!
Thank you for reading Courtney!

The last two days of weather were perfect, mid 70s & so sunny... looking forward to next trip to Florida and not having to wear a coat

Now the TR is done I'm planning to start my scrapbook for the trip.. before I know it it'll be time for wedding & honeymoon, wow!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: