Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #136
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Another great day, glad you had the flexibility to switch your plans. That is what is so great going with just a small family or couple! YOu can change anytime!

Wow, huge bummer on all 3 major attractions being down. That is crazy. Did you ever hear anything else about it and the causes? I wonder if the rides were down for long, if they offered any sort of refund to folks?

Sorry Kouzzina service was not up to par. The food looks really good though- how was that sampler?

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 02-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #137
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I can't believe TSM, ToT and RnRC were all closed! That is so strange! It sounds like you made the right decision in heading over to DTD for the day instead. It looks like you had fun shopping around!

I hope your next attempt at DHS turned out better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Great update, is a shame everything went down at DHS but your backup plan worked out well and it looked like you had a nice relaxing time at DTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Seems like you guys made the best of an unfortunate morning! For those who had no park hoppers, though, I hope the headliners opened up soon after you guys left!
we couldn't believe all three 'big' rides were down.. especially as DHS is Steve's favourite park! - we were so lucky that we had the option to change our days around, felt for other guests who had non-hopper tickets/no other opportunity to return to the park... there were several other people leaving when we did at 9.30am.. I bet a lot went to Guest Relations too that morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swalphin View Post
I fell behind on your TR by 1 1/2 post, caught up now
You look so pretty in the picture at Kona in a black sweater. I have gotten use to you and Steve all bundled up!

Great idea at HS to just go do something else, you would have wasted an entire day not worth it. And you had so much fun at DTD.

I can't get over the view from your room, wow what a treat! I think I mentioned before the Samanth Brown Holiday Special on the travel channel, in that episode they must have shot footage from your floor. I am such a dork I watch that episode on you tube once a week.

I wanted to tell you I went over to your wedding journal and read quite a bit. Eerything you have chosen is absolutely gorgeous. Steve is a very lucky guy. I want to congratulate you both, how exciting!!!! I hope you don't mind I will be reading along over there. Have a great week!
Brenda
Hi Brenda! Thank you for your lovely comments.. lol it was nice to get 'dressed up' for Kona & MVMCP, straighten my hair & put the full 'face' on

Thank you so much for reading my wedding PJ too! had a fun day yesterday of inivitation-making, will post about it soon over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
Another great day, glad you had the flexibility to switch your plans. That is what is so great going with just a small family or couple! YOu can change anytime!

Wow, huge bummer on all 3 major attractions being down. That is crazy. Did you ever hear anything else about it and the causes? I wonder if the rides were down for long, if they offered any sort of refund to folks?

Sorry Kouzzina service was not up to par. The food looks really good though- how was that sampler?
Yes we've definitely come to appreciate going to WDW just the two of us, in July'09 we were in a group of 7 & it's so much harder to cater to everyone's need/walk at the same pace through the parks!

Later that day I did have a look on the internet (wdwmagic, disinfo etc) to see if the ride shut-down was mentioned, but couldn't see anything.. maybe everything was back open again by the time we left... we were just concerned that the lines for all 3 E-attractions plus everything else in DHS would be very busy all day!

The food at Kouzinna was delicious - I particularly liked that sampler (lamb burger, Greek lasagne & cinammon chicken), just the right size of each! Our server wasn't rude or anything, we just didn't see her much.. everyone seemed very flustered - reopening night nerves I guessed!?

A much better day at DHS is coming up

Emma x
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #138
stephielela
DIS Veteran

That's crazy about DHS!! I'm glad you guys had a rest day built in so you could move things around! It sounds like you had an enjoyable day despite the sudden change.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #139
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Love it. Great to hear about NYC. We plan on going for Christmas This year for Chrstmas week. Can't wait for more.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS19/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Old 02-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #140
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
That's crazy about DHS!! I'm glad you guys had a rest day built in so you could move things around! It sounds like you had an enjoyable day despite the sudden change.
Hi! it was so strange at DHS for all three to be closed, I'm so glad we had the flexibility to change our days around though

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
Love it. Great to hear about NYC. We plan on going for Christmas This year for Chrstmas week. Can't wait for more.
Hi! Thanks for reading along
Old 02-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #141
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 9.. Hollywood here we come.. again!

Thursday 16th December 2010

Today we were returning to Hollywood Studios, hoping that the rides wouldn’t be closed down like yesterday!

The weather was definitely turning, it felt much warmer & the forecast was mid 60s.

We made it to the park in time for the opening ceremony again, and quickly walked to Toy Story Mania with the crowd (I always find it funny that despite being told to walk, there are still so many people that try & run – then cast members tell them to slow down!)

Tinsel in tinsel town…

Pixar Place

Tangled!

And something I think is rarely seen…

5 minute wait posted at TSMM!

We were among the first people on the ride for the day.. the car we got into had no one exiting!

I liked how the games had been updated to include Toy Story 3 characters.
Steve won, as usual!

We saw the green army men outside, I really like how they interact with guests.

Next we headed up Sunset Boulevard to check in to the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

We both adore this ride! There was minimal wait time too.

As we walked around to Rock n Roller Coaster – we noticed how many people were now streaming into the park, so glad we always try to make it for rope drop.

RnRC had a 20 minute wait posted, but again we walked straight through to the pre-show..

Hidden mickey..

I’m always terrified at the start of this roller coaster, but enjoy it!

We’d done the ‘big three’ and it was only 9.45am… time for breakfast! We stopped at sunset ranch on Sunset Boulevard for pastries, juice & coffee.

Unfortunately, once again I hadn’t charged my camera.. so pictures are a bit sparse for the next part of the day!

We went on the Great Movie Ride – the wait was about 15 minutes and we saw the movie clips two times before it was our time.. never mind, I love how it’s themed in there! We had a good tour guide but the gangster wasn’t great… I’ve only ever seen the cowboy scene ‘come to life’ once – maybe they only do that one in the peak season?

Next up was Muppets 3D, I like this more & more each time we see it! It’s even better now it’s been put into HD and ‘cleaned’ up.

Steve suggested we went to see the Indiana Jones Stunt show… we bought two bottles of diet coke & got there quite early, but got really good seats in the middle, just behind where the show producers/sound people sit. We both enjoyed the show a lot, I’d forgotten a lot of it.

We stopped for lunch at the ABC Commissary – I had a chicken curry with rice (really tasty & such an usual dish for a ‘fast food’ restaurant!), Steve had a double cheese burger which he said was okay but wished he’d ordered the curry too after trying it.

Next we went to the Animation Courtyard – I wasn’t too worried about seeing the film, but we did want to catch a glimpse of..

Lotso! The line was pretty long so we didn’t meet him, and to be honest he’s a pretty mean bear, not sure I want to hug him

We also saw Mickey, Mr Incredible & Frozone there .. we had a go on the ‘what disney character are you’ game, Steve was Scar!!

We wandered back towards Tower of Terror, the wait time was only 20 minutes so we went on it again… this time, when the elevator doors opened at the top.. a workmen/engineer was walking across a ladder on the building!! Everyone laughed… he froze, not knowing what to do.. then waved & smiled before we plummeted down again!

Stopping for a Photo Pass

Old 02-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #142
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

It was about 2pm so we decided to wander back to the Boardwalk, making the most of the warm weather – we went in Seashore Sweets & got an icecream (yes.. the weather was definitely warming up!)

We sat there for nearly an hour, it’s one of my favourite spots in the whole of Disney World – we decided to get a drink from the Kouzzina window, I had a glass of sangria & steve had a beer… it was fun to people watch. I noticed a lot of people stopping to look at the menu for Kouzzina & saying “look, it’s Kat Kora’s restaurant!”

We headed back to the room to shower and… start packing.

Another beautiful view from the balcony!

We decided to head into Epcot a couple of hours before our dining reservation, it was a nice warm evening & we wanted to maximise our park time as it was our last night!

We walked through the UK and Canada..

Stopping for a photo at the Christmas tree

The photographer took a few pictures, and then said “what relation are you?” .. we said “um... soon to be husband & wife!” – she said “oh ok then.. do you wanna kiss?!” … I’m not sure if you can tell, but we were both giggling so much in this photo!

Kissing in public, in Disney World?! It made us giggle for some reason

As we walked around to Mexico, I pointed out the Duffy the Bear meet & greet… Steve had taken a dislike to this bear as it seemed to be in every shop, and he didn’t know who he was! So a full-size Duffy was a little scary for him to see. I’m not sure how I feel about Duffy, I know it’s popular in Disneyland Tokyo, so maybe it’ll work in the US parks as well.

We went to Norway next to ride Maelstrom.

As we boarded our boat, the group of guests behind us were stopped – as they all had cups of beer with them!! They were trying to tell the Cast Member that they’d been on other attractions with drinks, but she was having none of it.. and made them leave the queue til they’d finished their drinks. Good decision! They looked like college age kids, maybe just turned 21?

The ride was good except we stopped for about 3 minutes at the top!! I tried to take a photo over the back of the boat..

We walked through the video at the end, they’d left all the doors open; I guess Disney knows that the movie isn’t all that popular!

We had about 45 minutes before dinner, so we stopped at the ‘Joy of Tea’ stand for a drink.

In front of us was one of the college kids.. he ordered a drink, that turned out not to contain alcohol – he tried to change it, but the cast member wouldn’t because she said that they weren’t allowed to serve drunk guests!! I was so pleased about this, Disney is a place for families after all. Eventually he wandered off with his iced tea.. we ordered our drinks, and the guy came back – with a custodial Cast Member! He was clearly drunk.. the CMs had a discussion about it but the China pavilion cast member stuck by what she’d said & that she couldn’t serve someone who was clearly inebriated. The guy then said sorry & tried to hug the cast member, she just walked away.. it was a bizarre situation to witness, but nice to see in a way!

We walked around to Germany & sat on a bench, taking in the beautiful views around the lake.

We went to Japan, ready for dinner!

This was the one restaurant that Steve had requested – Teppan Edo, I’ve eaten here four times now but love it too!
We waited about 5 minutes for our table, then the buzzer went off – we met our fellow table mates & were lead to the dining room.

Our server noticed on our ADR that we had ‘engagement’ on it.. but she said “congratulations – happy honeymoon!” .. so everyone else on our table was saying congratulations, it was so funny!!

We had a really fantastic meal – steve had sushi to start & I had a sashimi tuna & wasabi cocktail.

I also had a green tea cocktail, it is so unusual but delicious!

For main course – steve had steak & shrimp, and I had scallops (I order this every time but can’t help it, the scallops are amazing! I’ve even learnt the Japanese for it now.. ‘hotate’)

At the end of the meal, our server brought over a little surprise for our ‘happy honeymoon’ … a chocolate ginger cake!
I’d never think to order this, but it was delicious!

This meal was the only one not included on the Tables in Wonderland card, but we didn’t mind paying full price, it’s really excellent.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #143
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

After the meal, we went to find a spot to watch Illuminations – and found a great place in Morocco, right up against the wall.

The fireworks were once again breath-taking, especially the holiday tag.

We walked back to the Boardwalk, thought about stopping in the ESPN bar, but decided to get back in the room & finish packing.. we still had half a day to enjoy tomorrow!

Some other guests had decorated their doors on our corridor..

This was the view out the windows opposite our room, out to the pool (sorry, bit blurry!)

And that was our day! Another fantastic day in the World.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #144
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

What a great day! I'm so glad DHS was fully functioning again! And I can't believe TSM only had a 5 minute wait! When we went in November the wait time was up to 60 minutes by 9:08.

There's a window on the boardwalk where you can get a glass of sangria?! I must check that out!
Old 02-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #145
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
What a great day! I'm so glad DHS was fully functioning again! And I can't believe TSM only had a 5 minute wait! When we went in November the wait time was up to 60 minutes by 9:08.

There's a window on the boardwalk where you can get a glass of sangria?! I must check that out!
I was so shocked they had TSMM at 5 minutes! .. in 2009 when we got there for rope drop, they'd start at 40 minutes.. even though it was really 5/10 minutes!

Yup the window on the Boardwalk used to be called 'Spoodles Pizza window' I think - they serve slices of pizza, salad & drinks... I highly recommend the sangria!

Emma x
Old 02-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #146
Dugette
DIS Veteran

I got way behind; just caught up! More overlapping in our trips. We went to Kona that same night you did for dinner, but must have just missed you (we had a 6:40pm ADR). We also were at rope drop at DHS on your successful day and rode TSM right away too. Funny!

Bummer that the castle stage show was cancelled during your MVMCP night. Sounds like you had a good time anyway, though. And crazy about the big three at DHS all being down that one morning! I'm glad we didn't go there that day.

Looking forward to hearing about your last day!

PS: I just watched the video of our sleigh ride. And our horse's name was Ralph! So, I'm thinking that we may have ridden in the same sleigh, but right before you, since we showed up early. Did you have a pregnant female driver? How funny, maybe we had pre-warmed the blanket for you guys!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 02-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #147
klacey1
DIS Veteran

What a great day! LOL at the PP photographer-- she probably wanted to make sure you weren't just friends or brother and sister before she asked you to kiss! The story about the drunk guy is great-- I'm glad that Disney tries to keep a lid on people getting too ridiculous. Good for them!
Your firework pics are great!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #148
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
I got way behind; just caught up! More overlapping in our trips. We went to Kona that same night you did for dinner, but must have just missed you (we had a 6:40pm ADR). We also were at rope drop at DHS on your successful day and rode TSM right away too. Funny!

Bummer that the castle stage show was cancelled during your MVMCP night. Sounds like you had a good time anyway, though. And crazy about the big three at DHS all being down that one morning! I'm glad we didn't go there that day.

Looking forward to hearing about your last day!

PS: I just watched the video of our sleigh ride. And our horse's name was Ralph! So, I'm thinking that we may have ridden in the same sleigh, but right before you, since we showed up early. Did you have a pregnant female driver? How funny, maybe we had pre-warmed the blanket for you guys!
Hi!
how funny that our trips over-lapped a few times ... hmm I didn't notice if our sleigh-ride driver was pregnant.. it was a lady though & she was singing along to all the Christmas songs being played on the sleigh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
What a great day! LOL at the PP photographer-- she probably wanted to make sure you weren't just friends or brother and sister before she asked you to kiss! The story about the drunk guy is great-- I'm glad that Disney tries to keep a lid on people getting too ridiculous. Good for them!
Your firework pics are great!
hehe I guess that's why she asked.. it would be awkward if a brother & sister were asked to kiss for a photopass! guess we need to get used to kissing in front of the camera for our wedding photos!

We were glad & impressed to see a CM refuse serving someone in Epcot; he definitely wasn't 'drinking responsibly'! ... we were almost waiting for Disney security to jump out of the bushes & drag him out the park!

I was really pleased with those photos of Illuminations.. I just left my camera in 'auto' and it did a great job!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #149
stephielela
DIS Veteran

That's great that the Epcot CM stood by her decision! I am not surprised people get intoxicated in the World Showcase, but it would be nice if they would be more responsible!

Sounds like a wonderful day, I'm glad you had some decent weather!!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #150
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

So glad DHS the next day was alot better, you got lots done Never seen a 5min wait time for TSM cool that you got to be one of the first riders of the morning

Great dinner at Teppan, such a fun place to eat

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: