Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #106
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

I searched on the name of a specific restaurant and came up with this review. If people from Baltimore think some of the crab cakes are decent, I'm going to have try them where you recommended. Thanks for the trip-planning help!
Sadie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #107
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie22 View Post
I searched on the name of a specific restaurant and came up with this review. If people from Baltimore think some of the crab cakes are decent, I'm going to have try them where you recommended. Thanks for the trip-planning help!
Hello Fellow Marylander! I can't believe people are still reading my reviews from 2010! We are from the Baltimore area... and there are some very lousy crab cakes here... and a few good ones. Out of town people talk non-stop about the worst crab cakes (G&M) which are bland, dry and tasteless. Aside from making my own... the best around here are at Pappas or Kocos -- moist and very little or no filling.

But at WDW, the crab cakes at Brown Derby, Narcoosees, and Flying Fish were all a little different but all were nicely flavored and none were dry or with a lot of filling (bread, crumbs, etc.)
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips, Star Wars weekend fun for fans, Halloween and Christmas parties are great. Best Tip - Go slower and don't miss the smaller fun things (street performers and musicians, banging on the drums in Africa, enjoying an ice cream on a bench) and show some kindness to a stranger (give up your seat on the bus, help take a photo, offer to let kids sit up front in a parade). Favorite time to visit - early December for all the Christmas decorations, lower crowds, and comfortable temperatures with little rain. Past resorts - All Star Movies, Sports, and Pop Century (Great bargains!), Caribbean Beach (nice pool for children), Port Orleans Riverside (must see Yee Haa Bob), Polynesian (love the theme and transportation options - monorail, boat, ferry).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #108
Cinderella

Thank you for the totally honest reviews. I haven't visited WDW in a few years and this has really helped me make choices for our trip.
Cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #109
5DisneyNuts
Head might be in NY, but my heart is in WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Thank you for the totally honest reviews. I haven't visited WDW in a few years and this has really helped me make choices for our trip.
In case you missed it (which is easy to do), these reviews are 3 years old.

In some cases that may not make a difference, but you should be aware if you are using these reviews to make your reservations.

Tags
character, dining, plan, review, signature

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: