Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #91
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

just posting so I can go back and catch up!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:03 AM   #92
LKRJHolland
Earning My Ears

This is great and informative. Thanks for the work of getting it together!
LKRJHolland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #93
sheka28
Earning My Ears

Wonderful review; very informative. Thannks!!
sheka28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:20 PM   #94
sahmoffour
Mouseketeer

Awesome reviews, very detailed! Thanks for posting this!
Old 05-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #95
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Can I just say, this is one of THE BEST dining reviews I've read !! You are like "The Review Master" !!!

You had alot of reviews of restaurants that we might want to try for our next trip, so it was really nice to read your reviews. It was so fantastically layed out!! Thanks for posting this !!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #96
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123 View Post
I didn't make an ADR for Le Cellier at 180 days... I thought other restaurants would be more fun. But an ADR became available (rare) and a took it.. 6:15pm dinner. Waited about 20-30 minutes to be seated and that was fine. The restaurant staff tried to keep everyone waited occupied with trivia questions and a few little things for children. We would have been happy to wait outside but it was cold. When we were leaving, people said they were waiting an hour, one guy was stretched out on the floor. It is a small waiting area inside. I don't think Le Cellier is worth all the praise it gets. It sure isn't worth 2 dining plan credits or signature status unless they are doing a complete makeover. There's no way Le Cellier, as is, can compare with places like Flying Fish Cafe or Citricos. Total = $120 (or 1 DDP credit per person) not including tip for 2 adults and 1 child.

The pretzel bread was good but nothing to go crazy about. It's soft pretzel bread. I had DS get the cheese soup for his appetizer so I could try it. They said it's the same as the adult cheese soup (does it really have beer in it?). It didn't look appetizing or taste good either, plain and tasteless. Not even worth dipping the bread in it as some suggest. I didn't like the mussels either. They were small and had a strange taste -- the chef explained that it has pernod (spelling?) which has a strong taste like black licorice. DW wasn't impressed with the crab corn custard appetizer, neither was I.... oh boy.... bad start.

Our steaks were cooked right and wonderful. DW liked the filet and I agree it was delicious. My NY Strip was very good. But, I have to say...it was just a good steak. The NY strip steak at Coral Reef was just as good. And the steaks at the signature restaurants were definitely better. So, if you're looking for a decent steak, Le Cellier has it... but it's nothing to go crazy about... I've had better at other restaurants (at home) for much less $$$.

Now, the chocolate whiskey cake was VERY good. One of the better desserts I had this trip. DW had the chocolate "Moose" which was cute, I guess. DS liked some of his sundae. If the ice cream looks funny, it's because is Tofutti (non-dairy ice cream).
I totally agree with you about Le Cellier, every word!!! Its too overhyped. I didnt find the bread or soup fantastic at all. It was just 'meh'. And the steak was a steak. Nothing special. Definitely not worth 2 dining credits at dinner!
Love your reviews!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #97
seadd67
DIS Veteran

I love,love love the pretzel bread, the cheese souip was wonderfull and the steak was one of the best I ever had. One person sees it diffrent then another. I made my ADR right at the 90 day mark,had to cancel it and now I can find a opening. Our frist day at the world Is on the 17th of Sept,here's to hopeing someone wants to change there mind
Old 06-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #98
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
I love,love love the pretzel bread, the cheese souip was wonderfull and the steak was one of the best I ever had. One person sees it diffrent then another. I made my ADR right at the 90 day mark,had to cancel it and now I can find a opening. Our frist day at the world Is on the 17th of Sept,here's to hopeing someone wants to change there mind
I'll be honest... I like a really good steak... but it just doesn't excite me. It's like eating something as plain as a hamburger. We might have lucked out but Le Cellier was enjoyable... wait was bearable.... while waiting, the host did some fun moose things with DS... service was good, the chef checked on us... steak was good. I'm not sure I could rave about steak... and I've had some good steak. But cook me up a good seafood dish or something creative, that's different. If the food is boring... I'd rather have some excitement/entertainment! like belly dancing at Marrakesh!

Good luck on getting your ADR... I'm surprised it's still hard with dinner being 2 credits. Probably makes lunch harder than ever to get.
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #99
disneybex
Mouseketeer

Great review - so useful and excellent that it is all together at the start

I liked Le Cellier but wouldn't put it in my top 10, however my fiance who is a vegetarian would put it in his top 3! He loved the gnocchi and they have removed it from the Signature dinner menu but kept it at lunch which is great for us - only 1TS

We have DxDDP for 21 days on our next trip and I think we have most of those that you reviewed booked in apart from Coral Reef and 50's Prime Time so it should be good

November 2011: Old Key West and our WDW Wedding
September 2010: Coronado Springs
September 2009: Hotel Cheyenne

Last edited by disneybex; 06-28-2011 at 03:34 AM.
disneybex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:36 AM   #100
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Great post! We are going with the Deluxe Dining Plan this next trip and your reviews definately sealed the deal on some of the places we will be trying to get ADR
Old 07-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #101
Minniemini
Earning My Ears

great reviews some suprising i havent had any bad experiences at ohana yet hopefully it was just a bad day looking forward to reading more.
Minniemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #102
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemini View Post
great reviews some suprising i havent had any bad experiences at ohana yet hopefully it was just a bad day looking forward to reading more.
I think it was just a bad day. And I was upset about the wait too. Management handling of it was not good. We should have left and di es somewhere else. Hot dogs would have been fine at that point. BUT, our 1st experience at Ohana in 2009 was great!
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #103
dsnyrn
disneyRN

Best Review Ever!! I really enjoyed reading your comments! I have a few of your restaurants reserved for our trip in Sept. We have never used any dining plan and are looking forward to using the Deluxe dining this trip. Your breakdown of prices and savings is very encouraging. We have all signature dinners and either a breakfast or lunch reserved each day!!

Again, thank you for taking the time for this wonderful, concise review!!
dsnyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #104
krowe333
Earning My Ears

Wow! Thanks Disneyfamily123 and everyone else for the....

awesome detailed reviews!! This helps me so so much!! I really appreciate it and anymore reviews on the restaurants!
krowe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #105
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

I just stumbled across this wonderful thread and I wanted to say I thought you set your reviews out perfectly. Lots of thought went into your reviews and I loved the costings at the end, definitely lots of food for thought. We have done the regular dining plan before and whilst we love love love eating at nice restaurants we had wondered whether the deluxe plan was overkill for us. Your information has given me lots of food for thought.

Thank you for spending the time.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, dining, plan, review, signature

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: