Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #46
dalepool
Member of Poopie's AK mini-meet
Owner of glow in the dark earrings

Very informative review. Your pictures were informative also. I noticed that there was a lake of sauce around the potato wrapped red snapper. Not sure I have ever seen that much sauce in a dining review picture. So glad it was good. That dish is one of my must tries.

Thanks again and great job reviewing

Patty
Old 01-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #47
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmun52 View Post
great review! I really enjoyed reading your posts so far and cant wait to read the rest!
Ever eaten at Nicks Fish House in Baltimore?
Never been there but thanks for the tip! I might try it. Menu looks good..
http://nicksfishhouse.com/
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #48
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalepool View Post
Very informative review. Your pictures were informative also. I noticed that there was a lake of sauce around the potato wrapped red snapper. Not sure I have ever seen that much sauce in a dining review picture. So glad it was good. That dish is one of my must tries. Thanks again and great job reviewing
Patty
The "lake of sauce" is what was keeping me from ordering it. But I still wanted to try it... so I did some negotiating with DW about what we were going to order! I like my fish more plain... but the snapper and sauce were actually very tasty. I'm all for trying different things. I'd order it for myself again...
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
Old 01-14-2011, 04:06 AM   #49
rascalmom
Business trips should include a little Disney
Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner! Go OU!
My middle name is Gullible!

I really enjoyed your report! Thanks for taking the time to put in all the details and the pictures. I'm not sure we'll ever do the deluxe plan, but you've certainly put some new ideas in my future plans!
FW 74, 76, DI 83, CBR 99, OKW 00, Polynesian 01, CR-GV NYE O1/Jan 02, CR-Tower MK View May/June 02, ASMo/OKW July 03, OKW July 04, HRH 10/04, WL Concierge/SSR March 05, OKW June 05, SSR Christmas 2006. SSR July 2007, DL GCH March 2009, OKW May 2011, HRH/BLT Theme Park View March 2012
rascalmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #50
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Loving the reviews! Thanks for sharing

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
lilandvisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #51
Sorrel
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for this. Very informative and useful We are going in 10 days time and upgraded to the DxDP only a week back! Your reviews have made us want to try Yak and Yeti for lunch, and a couple of our ADRs we're not sure about, like Narcoosee, have been given some more reasons to remain on the "think again" list!

Sorrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #52
ChefMickey123

I brake for Mickey

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123 View Post
I'll edit this and add more information later but here's a quick run down of our favorites.

Best of the Best
Very difficult to pick favorites, like comparing apples to oranges. Many restaurants are just different. We do like the restaurants that are different (themes, shows, characters, music, etc.) and we like the signatures - it's great to try some finer dining with DS. So here goes some of my favorites by category.

Best Signature Restaurant - Flying Fish Cafe. The mussels appetizer sent me to heaven. The tuna entree was divine. DW loved the crab cake and red snapper. No complaints at all. The reviews of FF Cafe are consistently positive. That's a good sign. The boardwalk entertainers outside the restaurant gives Flying Fish bonus points. But I'll have to give a close tie to California Grill. The sushi is great and I just loved that they had Pacific Monchong - a deep sea Hawaiian fish, it was nice to try a fish that is not usually available. I can only eat so much Mahi Mahi at WDW.

Best Steak - California Grill - This is DW's favorite - the filet. Steak isn't my favorite thing to order but DW calls this one... in comparison to the filet at Jiko (close tie), Narcoosees, Citiricos, and Brown Derby. I can't say I've had a bad steak anywhere at WDW, yet...

Best Park Restaurant - Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom Park wins head over heels. Just love this place. The decor is fun, convenient location, all the food was incredibly delicious. I enjoy the Safari amber ale.

Best Character Meal - This is a tough choice because it really depends on what characters you want to see. But I pick Hollywood and Vine breakfast (not lunch). The food is much better at breakfast, and this has the most character interaction with the children dancing with characters and cast members to Playhouse Disney music, and doing the usual table greetings. DS loved it at age 4 and 5.

Best Dinner Show - Didn't go to one in 2010, but again... depends on what you are looking for. We had a good time at Mickey's Backyard BBQ in 2008, Spirit of Aloha in 2009, and Hoop Dee Doo in 2009. All different.

Best Restaurants by Park -
Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace. Great variety of delicious food, excellent service, convenient location. Love the Pooh characters. For a non-character meal, I'd pick lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern or go to one of the monorail resort restaurants.

Animal Kingom - Yak and Yeti. Delicious food. Enough said.

Hollywood Studios - 50s Prime Time. Fun joking around, delicious filling food. Awesome homemade milkshakes. If looking for the fantasmic package I'd pick Brown Derby (if still only a choice of BD, Hollywood n Vine, and Mama Melrose).

Epcot - This is a tough choice because all the restaurants are different. But... I pick Restaurant Marrakesh! We didn't go here in 2010 because we wanted to try other places... but I wish we did. I really enjoyed the music. I really felt like I stepped out of Disney World into Morocco. I didn't get that in other countries as much. This place gets very mixed reviews but we thought the food was delicious and service was great. San Angel Inn might have won if they had the Mariachi Cobre band playing in the restaurant.
I am so happy you took time and care with your review. I thoroughly enjoyed reading them and totally agree with the like it or hate it in the same week experiences people have on this board. BTW, I used to love Howard Johnson's on my birthday as a kid!
ChefMickey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #53
Sleepy425
Mouseketeer

Great reviews! My husband was drooling over the pics!
Sleepy425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #54
bellenbuzz
DIS Veteran

DISNEYFAMILY: Just came across your thread....

I'm going to get another cup of coffee on this cold, snowy, icy Michigan morning and start reading your review.....

I too like to read up on this to learn what ressies we want when we go in September.....

Thanks for taking the time to post
Old 01-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #55
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

Just read all your reviews. Love it. We have the same feelings about teh DXDDP. We will be going w/ the DXDDP for the 3rd time. We LOVE it. We too feel going to the restaurants is part of our vacation and would be going if we weren't on the plan. I love that they do finally have one. It does save us $$$. Glad you had a great time and some good eats. Thanks for the reviews!

milmore104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #56
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Just happened upon your thread while looking at another post I haven't read anything but the title....yet! Thought it looked really interesting. We usually do the Dxdp, so can't wait to hear your thoughts on all the restaurants. I love pictures, too. DH always gets a bit irritated with me because I make 100's of pictures of food I just can't help myself.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #57
Gina35
DIS Veteran

Thoroughly enjoyed your fabulous reviews....very detailed...and the pictures are AMAZING!! We always stay at the Beach C& I've thought of going to Flying Fish many times, but we have never gone yet. After reading your reviews, it's a MUST this trip!! Thank you.
BTW, we also love Chef TJ who was in 'Ohana. My son has a peanut allergy, and he was so gracious in speaking with us and concocting a very creative dessert for him. Just to let you know....TJ is supposed to be in 1900 Park Fare now! I'm thinking of going, just b/c your review made it sound like fun...and maybe we'll get a chance to see TJ again!
Gina35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #58
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Just happened upon your thread while looking at another post I haven't read anything but the title....yet! Thought it looked really interesting. We usually do the Dxdp, so can't wait to hear your thoughts on all the restaurants. I love pictures, too. DH always gets a bit irritated with me because I make 100's of pictures of food I just can't help myself.
It was interesting taking photos. I wondered if people thought I was some fancy dining reviewer but I guess people do this all the time. At Narcoossees, the red snapper was really interesting -- it was being served to another table... and the thought crossed my mind to ask if I could take a picture of it... but that would have been really weirdo of me! I would have zoomed in but the lighting was too dark!!! So, I didn't....
Old 01-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #59
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Added Dining Plan Savings Information

Just updated the dining plan savings post to compare the Plus DDP with the Deluxe DDP.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #60
mullysisters
Mouseketeer

Very enjoyable

It's -19c here in S Ontario so I am staying in and reading your reviews. Being a solo I haven't done many Character Meals, but I enjoyed the pictures of your son.
I have had a nice meal at Cape May for dinner, I too discovered Yak and Yeti (walked up) and now it is a favorite.
I've never used the DDP because I don't like dessert and often prefer having two appetizers to an entree.
A very nice way to spend the afternoon. Nice!

May 2014 - AoA solo trip!
Next trip 2015, spring or December? Hopefully with DSis.
mullysisters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, dining, plan, review, signature

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: