Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 07:11 PM   #106
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Photopass pictures!

I finally got the photopass pictures uploaded! I will post the ones for the days I have already covered...

Old 01-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #107
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Awww, you guys are so cute I love the two where Jack's, like, laughing at the camera before kissing you on the cheek

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2011, 06:04 AM   #108
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

All the pictures came out wonderful. I especially love the ones in front of the castle with the Santa hats on. Simply magical!

Old 02-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #109
shelby101301
Mouseketeer

Good TR! As another 2 yr old mom, always interesting to hear how others manage.

Me(43)DH(39) DS(10) DD(8) DS (5)

Old 02-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #110
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Ok...first of all, you don't have to respond to every single thing I say because I just read all 8 pages of your TR so far & have alot to say!

Second, Luke sat here with me while I was reading your TR and he loved your pictures!!! He especially loved to see "Goosky" and "Chip & Dale" (Goofy is my favorite & Luke speaks clearly but for some reason, he can't say Goofy...lol)

Now...let the comments begin!

I LOVE Southwest!!! I thought their customer service was great on the phone & at the airport. I like how they have family boarding (although I will miss it completely after Luke is too old...I think its 8 or 9 yrs old ?) I forgot to get my stroller tag on the way home & they were very helpful in getting it for me in a rush so I could board in family boarding. I love free luggage! We overpaid waaay too much last year with AirTran and I will never fly another airline again (well none that charge for luggage or don't have non-stop flights anyway!) I recommend them to everyone I know...even though those people don't always listen to me!

How do you like your Vera Duffle? Do you have the large or small one? It looks like the large one but I wanted to be sure. What all do you fit in there for trips? I'm assuming you store it in the overhead compartment...are you allowed to access it during the flight or only after you land? Just curious! I always take a small carry-on that I shove underneath my seat & then I put my purse under Luke's seat since he doesn't really take anything with him on the plane (mommy puts all Luke's stuff in her bag for now...lol) I am considering getting a Vera Duffle & would like to fit the following into it: 3 tanks, 3 pairs of shorts, a light jacket, my Kindle, my digital camera, cell phone, Luke's DVD player and 3-4 DVDs with his headphones, my wallet, small make-up bag, my vacation planning binder/notebook, my journal, and possibly a small netbook...I know thats alot of stuff but do you think it would all fit in the large duffle? I know I'm a pain! lol

I don't blame you for leaving the airport when your flight was delayed so much. I really hope to never have a delayed flight. My husband hates to fly & gets very stressed out...I can't imagine if we had to wait an extra 4 hours or more! The drinks idea sounds good too...I was absolutely shocked when you said that you ordered 4 drinks! Your sister looks so young! I thought she was maybe 17 or 18 years old!

I love your shirts!!!! I almost made the "We're on our way to Disney" shirts with the airplane but I never bought more transfers or ink for my printer. lol I love that design!

Your trip report title is great!!! I love how you set it up so you write an update & then list the Do's and Don'ts for the day!!! Great idea!!!

I couldn't believe the service you had at the Customs House at CBR. I mean, the CM's weren't really rude or anything but they didn't go above & beyond like they did with us! I was disappointed when I heard that! When we arrived, I only had a small carry-on and my Vera tote. They were very helpful at check-in, talked to us, explained the resort, asked if I had questions, told me to go to bell services, explained the delivery of my suitcases and grocery order, etc. And then they asked if we wanted to wait for a van or just take a shuttle bus. If you take the shuttle bus, it just stops at every village & you carry your own stuff (bags, stroller, etc). If you wait for bell services (the van) they load all of your stuff into the bag of their van, help you into the van, take you to your room, and carry all of your luggage/stroller/etc into your room for you.

I don't like it that they aren't accepting requests anymore & are doing everything via computer system. I like having a friendly voice to talk to & ask questions & make reservations with! I've also always had my requests (or close to them) fulfilled. Its so much easier especially with younger children! If it were only my husband and I, the requests wouldn't be that big of a deal. But with Luke, the location really affects our vacation. To be honest, I'm not sure we would've had the same experience if we had been staying in a different village. We honestly had a great room...on an end corner, 2nd floor so not much foot traffic, right beside the bus stop, very close to the pool/laundry, and right across the bridge from OPR. Had we not had that, I dont' think we would've loved our stay at CBR as much. So I do relate completely to what you were saying! I don't think you were complaining at all. I understand!

The food sounds amazing at Cali Grill!!!! I definitely agree with you though....$350.......I know if we had to pay OOP for a meal that cost that much, we wouldn't enjoy ourselves at all! I can't imagine! Thats more than half the budget for food for our entire trip! LOL

I have to visit the Contemp next trip! It is such a beautiful resort & I've never been to any of the monorail resorts! I definitely want to spend a day next trip just visiting the GF, Poly, and Contemporary. Or maybe I will eat at all of them instead! I really want to try GF cafe as well as Ohana!

I completely agree with you...I L.O.V.E. World Showcase!!!! I am very lucky because its my husband's fav as well so we spend alot of time there! I love the different cultures & just browsing the giftshops! My husband isn't a big drinker so I rarely get any alcoholic beverages on trips, but I'm trying a Sangria and Grey Goose slushie next trip for sure!

Where are the lockers at Epcot? Or at any of the parks? How much do they cost? Next trip I was thinking about storing some stuff there so I don't have so much to lug around. We usually throw it in the bottom of the stroller, but when we go on rides, I have to carry it all around. Its a pain & I envy those girls walking around the parks with a tiny little crossbody bag!

I agree with you...we always check in early for ADR's! It seems to always work out in our favor & we mostly always get in earlier than our ressie! Always a plus with a toddler!

What are profiteroles? I'm too lazy to look it up online so I'll just ask you!

Chefs looks delicious!!! Its on my list of "must do's" for next trip! I was wondering if Remy was still there! I heard he was leaving & I wasn't sure if it was permanent or if he would be back! Glad to hear he's still there! The food there looks delicious!

I laughed when you said that about Impressions de France! I know its outdated & everyone likes different things but I loved the show! LOL France is just so beautiful & since I'm terrified of flying over a large body of water, I suppose I will never see it in person...so Impressions is where I get my taste of overseas!

Did you end up buying anything at Givenchy??? I guess I'll have to wait until you finish your report to find out, right? :-)

LeCellier looks delicious as well! I have to get in there next trip!!! I tried last trip but it was booked solid for our 10 day trip...guess thats what happens when you book your trip 14 days before you leave! Wish I could book ADR's like everyone else does at 180 days out but I will never have that luxury unfortunately for me (because of my husband's job).

I can't wait to try LeCellier...it looks like you & I have similar taste in food! You ordered exactly what I would have! Tomato stack, mushroom filet, and chocolate moose (I like how LeCellier its actually a chocolate moose instead of choco mousse! lol) What was the tomato stack like?

Where is the entrance for Tusker House at AK? Is it clearly marked? I could see from your pictures that there was a sign, but is it to the left or right of the main entrance area? Just wondering because next trip, we are definitely eating at Tusker House!

I've heard from others on other TR's that everyone was getting to Tusker House at the same time...people who had later ADR's as well as people with the early ones. Then they were grouping everyone together & letting people in as a "first come first serve" type of thing. Thats horrible when you go to all the trouble of making the early ADR on purpose so you can get more park time! My parents did the same thing in September. They took a Donald picture on their camera as well & didn't pay the $30 for it. I'm completely obsessed with photography, family photos, scrapbooking, etc. and there's NO WAY I'm paying $30 for 2 or 3 pictures.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sorry its late! It sounds like you had great plans for the day! I understand what you mean about needing a break, I'm glad you got one! I also understand what you mean about not celebrating birthdays anymore...I just turned 28 in October. I haven't dealt well with bdays since I turned 25. I don't know what it is...maybe cuz its half of 50??? I'm not sure but I don't like 28 anymore than I liked 25. I guess I had plans years and years ago of what my life would be like by the time I was 25 or 30 and its nowhere near that now! So I really do relate!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope her health is improving. Its definitely hard dealing with any type of family situation back home when you are hundreds of miles away! My SIL was going through a divorce when we went on our trip...and unfortunately one of my vacation memories is standing on Main Street listening to my MIL on the phone go on and on and on about what awful things my BIL was doing to make their lives harder. Lovely to remember about a trip, huh? I just wanted to share that, although it is not the same thing, because it was stressful on us. Its hard to enjoy your vacation as much as you want to when you're thinking about home.

So...CP, CRT, MVMCP, and Wishes Dessert Party all in the same day!!! I am super jealous!!!! Sounds like a busy schedule but definitely an enjoyable one! Loved your pictures from all! I'm hoping they keep Wishes around until the end of this year so I can try it! Do you know? I thought I would ask since you are going in September!

I loved it when you said Jack wanted a train set & socks for Christmas! I got Luke Scooby Doo socks, Handy Manny socks, Mickey socks, and some regular socks! The boy is obsessed with socks & shoes!!!

I really liked how everyone had Christmas hats & shirts for the MVMCP! Great idea!

Ok...I promise from now on, I will try to keep up with the updates! I am very impressed with your report so far! I love how you have the Do's and Don'ts and I love how you actually update! hehe! I still can't believe I'm not done with my report & we went in mid-June! I promised everyone an update by this weekend, so we will see!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #111
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

One more thing...lol...I started reading your blog & I love it!!!!

Going to catch up now!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #112
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Awww, you guys are so cute I love the two where Jack's, like, laughing at the camera before kissing you on the cheek
Thanks! That was one of his cute moments, in between fits! I'm hoping for more cute mommy and Jack pics in Spetember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
All the pictures came out wonderful. I especially love the ones in front of the castle with the Santa hats on. Simply magical!
Thanks! Those were some of my favorite pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby101301 View Post
Good TR! As another 2 yr old mom, always interesting to hear how others manage.
Welcome and Thanks!
Lol, I know what you mean. I am always interested to read other TR's to see if all kids act like mine, or if he is especially wierd
Old 02-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #113
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
Ok...first of all, you don't have to respond to every single thing I say because I just read all 8 pages of your TR so far & have alot to say!

I will certainly try!

Second, Luke sat here with me while I was reading your TR and he loved your pictures!!! He especially loved to see "Goosky" and "Chip & Dale" (Goofy is my favorite & Luke speaks clearly but for some reason, he can't say Goofy...lol)

For the longest time Jack called them "Chip and Dip". I kinda miss it!

Now...let the comments begin!

I LOVE Southwest!!! I thought their customer service was great on the phone & at the airport. I like how they have family boarding (although I will miss it completely after Luke is too old...I think its 8 or 9 yrs old ?) I forgot to get my stroller tag on the way home & they were very helpful in getting it for me in a rush so I could board in family boarding. I love free luggage! We overpaid waaay too much last year with AirTran and I will never fly another airline again (well none that charge for luggage or don't have non-stop flights anyway!) I recommend them to everyone I know...even though those people don't always listen to me!

I try never to fly anyone besides Southwest. Every once in a while I will, like in April for my friends wedding, the SW flights were over $100 more on the way back, so I am flying Frontier, but I SW is my favorite airline. They have always been very helpful.

How do you like your Vera Duffle? Do you have the large or small one? It looks like the large one but I wanted to be sure. What all do you fit in there for trips? I'm assuming you store it in the overhead compartment...are you allowed to access it during the flight or only after you land? Just curious! I always take a small carry-on that I shove underneath my seat & then I put my purse under Luke's seat since he doesn't really take anything with him on the plane (mommy puts all Luke's stuff in her bag for now...lol) I am considering getting a Vera Duffle & would like to fit the following into it: 3 tanks, 3 pairs of shorts, a light jacket, my Kindle, my digital camera, cell phone, Luke's DVD player and 3-4 DVDs with his headphones, my wallet, small make-up bag, my vacation planning binder/notebook, my journal, and possibly a small netbook...I know thats alot of stuff but do you think it would all fit in the large duffle? I know I'm a pain! lol

I do have the large Vera duffel, which (along with my purse, clutch wallet, mini hipster, and cosmetic bag) I only use for travel. The large duffel is plenty big and I am 99% sure it will hold all the stuff you mentioned. All the stuff I have I got last Christmas and the line was discontinued so I got it on a a great sale. Unless you are in love with a specific design, I reccomend going for a discontinued one. Of course now I wish I could get a couple more pieces, but oh well. Be careful though, they do get heavy, I packed a ton of stuff in mine and it was hard to carry. I did check mine on the way back despite some horror stories I read about damage, but it turned out fine. I probably wouldn't reccommend it though.

I don't blame you for leaving the airport when your flight was delayed so much. I really hope to never have a delayed flight. My husband hates to fly & gets very stressed out...I can't imagine if we had to wait an extra 4 hours or more! The drinks idea sounds good too...I was absolutely shocked when you said that you ordered 4 drinks! Your sister looks so young! I thought she was maybe 17 or 18 years old!

Haha, yes she is 21. It's hard for me to believe sometimes. Makes me feel old!
I love your shirts!!!! I almost made the "We're on our way to Disney" shirts with the airplane but I never bought more transfers or ink for my printer. lol I love that design!

I love the shirts, and I specifically made Jack's big so it will last a few years!

Your trip report title is great!!! I love how you set it up so you write an update & then list the Do's and Don'ts for the day!!! Great idea!!!

Thanks! I really did have a good trip, but it wasn't the perfect trip I imagined (it never is) and I wanted to help others and myself learn from my mishaps!

I couldn't believe the service you had at the Customs House at CBR. I mean, the CM's weren't really rude or anything but they didn't go above & beyond like they did with us! I was disappointed when I heard that! When we arrived, I only had a small carry-on and my Vera tote. They were very helpful at check-in, talked to us, explained the resort, asked if I had questions, told me to go to bell services, explained the delivery of my suitcases and grocery order, etc. And then they asked if we wanted to wait for a van or just take a shuttle bus. If you take the shuttle bus, it just stops at every village & you carry your own stuff (bags, stroller, etc). If you wait for bell services (the van) they load all of your stuff into the bag of their van, help you into the van, take you to your room, and carry all of your luggage/stroller/etc into your room for you.

The service wasn't bad, just indifferent, and that was hard for me. Disney is magical for me, and I was tired and stressed and needed that magic. The room location wasn't bad, except it's hard to get a 2 year old to walk that far to OPR when he doesn't want to. We are not slow walkers, but we are not speed walkers either, and it definitely took longer than I would have liked. I understand though that a lot of people request Aruba and Jamaica and obviously they can't put everyone in them. I have chosen to believe that they just aren't even getting faxes anymore, rather than think they just ignored my requests. I am interested to see what happens in September, I am going to put the same requests in I did last time at Pop...

I don't like it that they aren't accepting requests anymore & are doing everything via computer system. I like having a friendly voice to talk to & ask questions & make reservations with! I've also always had my requests (or close to them) fulfilled. Its so much easier especially with younger children! If it were only my husband and I, the requests wouldn't be that big of a deal. But with Luke, the location really affects our vacation. To be honest, I'm not sure we would've had the same experience if we had been staying in a different village. We honestly had a great room...on an end corner, 2nd floor so not much foot traffic, right beside the bus stop, very close to the pool/laundry, and right across the bridge from OPR. Had we not had that, I dont' think we would've loved our stay at CBR as much. So I do relate completely to what you were saying! I don't think you were complaining at all. I understand!

The food sounds amazing at Cali Grill!!!! I definitely agree with you though....$350.......I know if we had to pay OOP for a meal that cost that much, we wouldn't enjoy ourselves at all! I can't imagine! Thats more than half the budget for food for our entire trip! LOL

The only time I will probably make it back there is for a very special adults only occasion. Worrying about Jack definitely detracted from the ambiance!

I have to visit the Contemp next trip! It is such a beautiful resort & I've never been to any of the monorail resorts! I definitely want to spend a day next trip just visiting the GF, Poly, and Contemporary. Or maybe I will eat at all of them instead! I really want to try GF cafe as well as Ohana!

I love touring the resorts. I want to try 'Ohana again, but not if they really have done away with the noodles and the dumplings. I think that was just a rumor though. Kona breakfast was awesome, and comparitively cheap, so I know we will be doing that again!

I completely agree with you...I L.O.V.E. World Showcase!!!! I am very lucky because its my husband's fav as well so we spend alot of time there! I love the different cultures & just browsing the giftshops! My husband isn't a big drinker so I rarely get any alcoholic beverages on trips, but I'm trying a Sangria and Grey Goose slushie next trip for sure!

Well, if your husband doesn't drink, he can be the "responsible" adult for a night!

Where are the lockers at Epcot? Or at any of the parks? How much do they cost? Next trip I was thinking about storing some stuff there so I don't have so much to lug around. We usually throw it in the bottom of the stroller, but when we go on rides, I have to carry it all around. Its a pain & I envy those girls walking around the parks with a tiny little crossbody bag!

In future world, they are next to Spaceship Earth. I think you go into the camera shop to rent them. At MK they are under the train station. I am not sure about the other parks.

I agree with you...we always check in early for ADR's! It seems to always work out in our favor & we mostly always get in earlier than our ressie! Always a plus with a toddler!

What are profiteroles? I'm too lazy to look it up online so I'll just ask you!

They are like cream puffs... they were pretty good, but I liked the Creme Brulee better

Chefs looks delicious!!! Its on my list of "must do's" for next trip! I was wondering if Remy was still there! I heard he was leaving & I wasn't sure if it was permanent or if he would be back! Glad to hear he's still there! The food there looks delicious!

Remy is there for lunch, but not dinner. And I have always liked Chefs. Even if the food was bad I would go there for the hot waiters!!

I laughed when you said that about Impressions de France! I know its outdated & everyone likes different things but I loved the show! LOL France is just so beautiful & since I'm terrified of flying over a large body of water, I suppose I will never see it in person...so Impressions is where I get my taste of overseas!

I think the show is pretty, I love the look of the French countryside etc... I just wish they would update it a bit!

Did you end up buying anything at Givenchy??? I guess I'll have to wait until you finish your report to find out, right? :-)

You will have to wait and see, but I will tell you, I got the most amazing foundation as a free sample. I love it so much I am ordering a bottle from Sephora since no one sells it here in KC. And I don't ususally wear make up.

LeCellier looks delicious as well! I have to get in there next trip!!! I tried last trip but it was booked solid for our 10 day trip...guess thats what happens when you book your trip 14 days before you leave! Wish I could book ADR's like everyone else does at 180 days out but I will never have that luxury unfortunately for me (because of my husband's job).

Maybe you should just book every Thursday night as far out as you can. Then you can plan a trip around it!
I can't wait to try LeCellier...it looks like you & I have similar taste in food! You ordered exactly what I would have! Tomato stack, mushroom filet, and chocolate moose (I like how LeCellier its actually a chocolate moose instead of choco mousse! lol) What was the tomato stack like?

The tomato stack was perfect and exactly the way it's described. It's kind of tangy, amd the tomatoes were great which can be hard to find in the winter. The chocolate moose was yummy, but by the time we got around to eating it we were so full and tired none of us had more than a couple bites. The mushroom risotto... changed my life. It's that good. I have tried to replicate it at home and the taste was right, but the texture was a bit crunchy. Evidently risotto is hard to make.

Where is the entrance for Tusker House at AK? Is it clearly marked? I could see from your pictures that there was a sign, but is it to the left or right of the main entrance area? Just wondering because next trip, we are definitely eating at Tusker House!

I am thinking about doing Tusker House again as our one OOP meal in September. It was great! The sign is to the right, and the line is clearly visible.

I've heard from others on other TR's that everyone was getting to Tusker House at the same time...people who had later ADR's as well as people with the early ones. Then they were grouping everyone together & letting people in as a "first come first serve" type of thing. Thats horrible when you go to all the trouble of making the early ADR on purpose so you can get more park time! My parents did the same thing in September. They took a Donald picture on their camera as well & didn't pay the $30 for it. I'm completely obsessed with photography, family photos, scrapbooking, etc. and there's NO WAY I'm paying $30 for 2 or 3 pictures.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sorry its late! It sounds like you had great plans for the day! I understand what you mean about needing a break, I'm glad you got one! I also understand what you mean about not celebrating birthdays anymore...I just turned 28 in October. I haven't dealt well with bdays since I turned 25. I don't know what it is...maybe cuz its half of 50??? I'm not sure but I don't like 28 anymore than I liked 25. I guess I had plans years and years ago of what my life would be like by the time I was 25 or 30 and its nowhere near that now! So I really do relate!!!

Thanks! It was nice to get away. I haven't had a party since my 25th. I know what you mean about having plans and assuming what your life would be like and having it be totally different.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope her health is improving. Its definitely hard dealing with any type of family situation back home when you are hundreds of miles away! My SIL was going through a divorce when we went on our trip...and unfortunately one of my vacation memories is standing on Main Street listening to my MIL on the phone go on and on and on about what awful things my BIL was doing to make their lives harder. Lovely to remember about a trip, huh? I just wanted to share that, although it is not the same thing, because it was stressful on us. Its hard to enjoy your vacation as much as you want to when you're thinking about home.

I was a bit disappointed at how much the issues with my grandmother affected our trip. I'm sure that sounds bad, but we had been waiting for this trip for over a year, the first time my mom got to go to WDW with Jack and see it through his eyes, the first time all of us were there together, and this was how we were celebrating the holidays. It is way more evident looking back on it, and I wish I had picked up on it there, but now when I look back at the times we had squabbles or were grumpy, they were always after a phone call. Our next family vacation is a cruise, where we won't really have contact with the outside world... should make it easier!

So...CP, CRT, MVMCP, and Wishes Dessert Party all in the same day!!! I am super jealous!!!! Sounds like a busy schedule but definitely an enjoyable one! Loved your pictures from all! I'm hoping they keep Wishes around until the end of this year so I can try it! Do you know? I thought I would ask since you are going in September!

I guess we are lucky we had to cancel CP since we would have definitely been way too busy had we kept it. We had alos originally planned our photo shoot for this day, thank goodness we canceled that ahead of time! We never would have had time!

I loved it when you said Jack wanted a train set & socks for Christmas! I got Luke Scooby Doo socks, Handy Manny socks, Mickey socks, and some regular socks! The boy is obsessed with socks & shoes!!!

Jack loves his socks too. I got him some holiday Toy Story ones that he still wears.

I really liked how everyone had Christmas hats & shirts for the MVMCP! Great idea!

My dad didn't like his, but I made him wear it for family unity anyways.

Ok...I promise from now on, I will try to keep up with the updates! I am very impressed with your report so far! I love how you have the Do's and Don'ts and I love how you actually update! hehe! I still can't believe I'm not done with my report & we went in mid-June! I promised everyone an update by this weekend, so we will see!

It should be easy now that you are caught up since I on;y update once in a blue moon! I am actually going to get an update in either tonight or tomorrow. I am not letting myself start my September PTR till this TR is done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
One more thing...lol...I started reading your blog & I love it!!!!

Going to catch up now!
Thanks!! I just posted on the blog last night! I need more readers so pass it on!!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #114
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yes! That would be great. I know ours are gone, and maybe if I look at them again I can see what I am doing wrong...or maybe it just no longer works.
Jen! I have not forgotten about you. I am in the midst of a reorganization in my mess of stuff and the directions were not where I thought they were. I am positive I still have them, but I haven't found them yet. I examined the train though last night. There is a plug from the coal car to the engine car, and then under the "coal" is a spot for 6 C cell batteries. That's all it needs to get moving. As soon as I find the instructions I will PM you a copy! So sorry it's taken this long!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #115
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

No problem. I'm in no hurry there. I think ours doesn't work. I think I replaced the batteries and I did plug that spot in, so maybe I just have a bad connection.

What free sample of foundation did you get...we want details..... I like free!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #116
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

awe the photopass pics are great! Looking forward to the next update

WDW '13 AKL w/ Mom '11 POP w/ BF -- '08 POFQ w/ Mom -- New Years '07 Off property w/ best friends family <grad trip>

DL --> '95 '97 '98 '01 '12 '13
DLP November '12
Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder 2011<Finished Chemo!>
Pacific Coast Repo Cruise 2012 <got engaged!> WBPC 2013 <Disneymoon!>
Old 02-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #117
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Finally! DHS

I know it has taken me a loooooooong time to get this post up. Part of it was I am nearing the end of our trip and for some reason that always depresses me. The other part is that this day was a mixed bag of fun and irritation. So here we go!

Today was our DHS day. I knew from my September experience that our best bet for being able to ride Toy Story Mania more than once was being there at rope drop, so thatís what we did. We split up, my dad and sister pulled ahead to get FPís for TSM for later while my mom, Jack and I made our way through the crowd to TSM and the standby entrance. It was packed and there were tons of inconsiderate people. On our way we saw that some poor childís blankie had been dropped. I wanted to go over and get it and put it on a wall somewhere or something, but I was too far over. This really got me thinking about the rope drop madness. First off, whatever kid dropped this is surely going to miss it, but her parents (like all the rest of us) are too caught up in getting to the line quickly to even notice. It also means that the people around them probably saw it drop and didnít say anything or pick it up for them. This made me sad, and I have since decided not to be in such a hurry all the time. Especially since even after we got to the stand by line, we had to wait at least 5 minutes for my dad to catch up with us, because the FP lines were also so crazy. In the future, I think we will be content with riding TSM just once. Hopefully when the Star Tours reopens, it will take some pressure off TSM.

Anyways, we finally all met up and got in line. I think we waited about 15 minutes. This was my momís first time on this ride, and I knew she would love the queue area. Jack loves Mr. Potato Head, so he get a real kick out of the animatronic one here. We got on and Jack rode with me and my dad, and my mom and sister rode together. I kicked everyoneís butts, naturally.

After this ride we went to TOT and RNR to see which wait was less. TOT was less so we got a baby swap pass and my parents and sister went on. Jack and I were off in search of a Donald plush. The night before he had thrown a fit because he saw one and wanted it on our way out of MK but we were NOT waiting in the crazy line so I told him we would look for one later. He remembered this all of a sudden, so we started a search. We finally found one in our 3rd shop, thank goodness. Then we went to Starring Rolls Cafť. I had gotten the Butterfinger cupcake in September and was determined to try the peanut butter one next. It was just as huge, and even more delicious. Jack ate a banana and then helped me out with the cupcake.

We finished up about the time my parents were done. My mom sat with Jack and my dad, sister and I headed to ride TOT. I like this ride a lot, but my cupcake threatened to make a return appearance. Incidentally, I noticed way more motion sickness on this trip than in past visits. I donít know if my system is just weaker now or what, but it is annoying. I wonder if there is a way to rebuild toleranceÖ

After TOT my dad went to get FPís for RnR. My sister and I found my mom snacking on popcorn with Jack. We waited for my dad and then we headed back to TSM. At this point Jack threw a horrendous fit saying he didn't want to ride. He cried all the way through the queue (my apologies to anyone in line with us) and cried when we got on, but we were not giving in this time. We rode, he cried, and then as soon as we were off, he wanted to ride again. Naturally. Obviously we couldn't. Due to all the drama, my dad beat me.

After we headed to our lunch reservation at 50ís PTC. We were a bit early, but Jack was throwing another fit, and as sad is it sounds, I needed an adult beverage. We got checked in and looked at the drink menu, but we got seated before we could order one. We had a fantastic waiter and we got our drinks. I had a Mowie Wowie which hit the spot. I think my sister had Dadís electric lemonade, and my mom had a margarita. I canít remember what my dad had. I also had a cherry coke, Dad had a chocolate peanut butter shake, my mom had diet coke and my sister had cherry coke too. For apps we got 2 orders of onion rings to split. At this point we realized how many extra credits we had, so we decided to order Jack a full meal. He ended up with basically a double sized kids meal of hot dogs and fries. My mom and I had the pot roast, my sister had the fried chicken, and I think my dad had a sandwich, but I donít remember that either. For dessert I had the brownie sundae, my sister had the smores, my mom had the Boston cream cupcake, and my dad had the cobbler. Jack had some ice cream.

During lunch we decided that Jack and I would head back to the hotel for a nap since we had another late night planned. We left while they were finishing up the bill and caught a bus back to CBR. This is the only time we used the busses, and it was a very pleasant experience. The bus waited for us because Jack and I were running to catch it. It was empty except for one other family. We were back at our resort in under 10 minutes, door to door. Jack and I got in our jammie pants and went right to sleep.

The rest of the family had stayed behind and ridden a couple more rides. Then they came back to the hotel for a rest too. When we got up we put on our layers and headed back to DHS. We stopped for a photopass guy on the way in.

My parents and Katie used the FPís for RnR while Jack and I waited. I have noticed that this is the LONGEST ride when you are waiting for someone. Every time I have to wait for this ride I feel this way. Itís so weird.

When they got back, my mom took Jack and headed towards the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. We met up with them when were done with RnR and my mom informed me the Playground was closed! I guess it closes before it gets dark which make complete sense. We all headed to Pizza Planet for dinner. We got 5 pizza meals, since we had some extra credits, and we ate pretty much all of it. Jack hadnít eaten much lunch (again) but heíd been snacking throughout the day so I was surprised when he at a whole pizza. Pizza Planet is a tradition, I love it there, so we always eat there. I know some people aren't fans of their pizza, but I think its yummy. We sat outside so we could have some space and enjoy the mild weather.

After dinner we went in search of Mater and McQueen, which seems to always be tricky to find. This time there was no Photopass guy, the attendant said that all the photgraphers have to go to the Osborne lights. We waited for about 5 minutes. I had been working on this with Jack, since last time he cried the whole time. I had been reminding him that it was noisy but it was just the Cars saying hi. This time he wasnít scared at all.
On our way out he saw the kiosk where they sell the Cars merchandise. I wish he hadnít. He wanted to go buy something. He started throwing a huge fit. In hindsight, if he had just asked to go look at it I probably would have bought him something, just to keep the peace, but I canít reward him for throwing fitsÖ so he threw one all the way to the Osborne lights.

I let him get out of the stroller and look around a bit, and he eventually calmed down, but was still pretty hard to handle. The lights were awesome! We got some decent pictures and I got a video of the part where the music plays in time with the lights, which was neat. We looked around for a bit and then headed out!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #118
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I kno what you mean about trying days. Sometimes kids have a whole mind of there own....who is allowing them to do that?
I am laughing at the pictures of this day too, because i don'tthink there is even one of him smiling. We had a trip liek that, where Claire refused to smile in any pictures...yet she was having a fabulous time.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #119
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Great update! Sorry the fits are still are going on, that's toddlers for you!
That cupcake looks so good!
I would like to try Pizza Planet on our next trip.

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 02-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #120
stephielela
DIS Veteran

12/20 continuedÖ

This is where things get a little grouchy. Jack was still being whiny and we were headed to the Contemporary for our Pirates and Pals cruise. I think we were all tired, and Jack was throwing a hissy fit because he wanted to look at a store. WE went to catch the tram from DHS to the parking lot and this was my biggest un-Disney moment. We were in line for the tram. We were towards the front. I had my dad pull Jack out of the stroller so I could fold it up before it was our turn to get on. As I am folding the tram pulls up. Now the front row of the tram has 2 benches that face each other. These are for the first two lines of people. We were in the third line of people which is for the second row on the tram. Well the people in the second row push past us and get in between my dad and Jack and the rest of us and climb into the 3rd row instead of sitting facing the other people in the front. I am super pissed at this point and there is no more room on the tram and the security guy is asking everyone to move back behind the line and I say something along the lines of ďWell my son and father are on the tram but all these ***holes pushed in front!Ē He says something like ďOhĒ and wanders off. I am fired up and my mom and sister and I get back in line and I say something about it being f***ing ridiculous. Looking back I am not proud of myself, and I do believe thatís the first time I have ever felt the need to use ďlanguageĒ at WDW, but I was so so angry. I just couldnít believe people would be so pushy!
Moving on, we head to the Contemporary. I am still aggravated and people are tired, and I am getting definite vibes from my mom that she is not really interested in doing this. This of course irritates me further since I put out over $200 for this experience, and I told them about it when we were at Ihop waiting for our flight so they knew this is what we were doing. I was mad that no one could get excited about it. We had some time to kill so we went to the Outer Rim lounge and my mom and I had drinks. Jack was still pretty wild, but at least he was in a good mood. I asked my mom that the cruise was paid for either way so if she didnít want to go she didnít have to. She said she was tired but she would go. We went and checked in and got our bandanas, which I wore, but no one else really did. We had some snacks and drinks, and my mom still stayed grumpy and then Jack knocked over my dadís coffee which only reinforced her grumpiness. Jack didnít want to get his picture with Mr. Smee and Cpt. Hook, so I did.

Finally it was time to go out to the boats. We got the back two benches to ourselves. We all did our introductions and everything. My mom and sister sat on one bench and my dad, Jack and I sat on the other. They provided blankets for us which was awesome, though I was pretty layered up so I wasnít cold. My mom and sister used our blanket to sit on and ours to cover up with.

From the boat we could both see and hear the Electric Water Pageant really well. We did all kinds of trivia from different Disney movies, and the guide celebrated everyoneís birthdays and anniversaries etc. I thought it was a great cruise, and the view of the fireworks was awesome. Unfortunately it was Holiday Wishes again. This made the 3rd viewing for us, I would have liked to have seen the regular Wishes, but oh well.

Afterwards we headed back and we had a surprise guest waiting for us at the dock- Peter Pan! We didnít wait to take pictures though, we were tired and I was ready for the night to be over. My dad did make a point of thanking me for the cruise, which I appreciated.
I would totally recommend this cruise to anyone with kids. It was awesome and I will probably do it again sometime. I was just so mad that my family couldnít get into it the way I wanted them to. It really detracted from my experience, and that made me sad. But there was nothing to be done about it, so I tried to just enjoy myself and make sure Jack had a good time. I did learn a lesson though and now I know what I would DO differently!

If TSM is important to you, DO get to DHS for rope drop. The line forms quickly and while the queue is interesting, 20 minutes is plenty long to see everything. Also get a FP before you get in line if you want to ride again.
DO take advantage of baby swap passes! They came in really handy.
If you have a sweet tooth, DO hit Starring Rolls Cafť! Their desserts are fantastic! It does get crowded around meal times though.
If you enjoy kitchy humor and home style cooking, DO got to 50ís PTC. Cherry coke is always better when itís ďrealĒ.
DONíT wait too late to get to Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground! It closes early.
DONíT miss the Osborne lights. They are awesome!!!
If you donít mind ďDisney pizzaĒ DO go to Pizza Planet, especially if you have older kids. The arcade games could make a nice way to get the kids to burn off some energy while parents relax. Also the new Caesar salad is pretty good.
DO book the Pirates and Pals cruise! Especially if you have a little buccaneer of your own, itís a great time for the whole family. And the view is great!
DONíT overbook your day. I hadnít mentioned this in my previous post, but we actually were supposed to have dinner at Jiko this night, but we canceled when we realized there was no way we would get to spend a decent amount of time at the lights and still make it to the cruise on time. Also when people are tired and grumpy, itís not fun. So DONíT try to cram too much in, it wonít end with happy faces.
DONíT let other peopleís negativity get to you. I really wish I could have just ignored my family and had a great time, but I am not that person. If I could have just sent them back to the hotel I would have. So maybe spending so much time with your family is another DONíT. Perhaps it would have been better for them to go on to Jiko while Jack and I did the cruise. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but you donít want to spend your vacation resenting your family, trust me.
DONíT let rude strangers ruin the magic for you!! Those tram people really pissed me off, but in the end we got to the car just as my dad was finished getting Jack buckled in so it wasnít worth stressing.
DONíT plan an early morning after a late night. Itís a bad combination.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: