Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #91
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Gumdrop View Post
Thanks for the great TR!

Subbing!
Thanks for the great compliment! Welcome!!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #92
stephielela
DIS Veteran

December 19th, part 2 DTD and MVMCP!

When I left off, we had decided to escape the crowds and head to DTD for a bit of shopping and lunch before our nap. Big mistake. We circled the parking lot at DTD for probably 20 minutes before getting a spot near Raglan Road. We then walked towards World of Disney etc, stopping outside the Lego store to take a picture that is a bit of a tradition for us.

At this point we decide to split up, my parents and sister head to WoD and I go to Once Upon a Toy with Jack to get our much anticipated ďTatoheadĒ pieces. For those of you who read my September TR, you might recall this was tricky because Jack was unaware he could get more than one thing at a time, so whenever he saw something he wanted, he would put whatever he was holding back. That wasnít a problem this time. We looked at all the pieces, I made sure to grab the holiday ones, and then we just got whatever appealed to us. I had decided to buy him a second ďbodyĒ so that if he was playing with a friend (or my dad) they could each have their own. I asked Jack if he wanted to buy pieces for a Mrs. Tatohead and he was not interested. Once we were done filling up our box (btw a nice CM came up to help us ensure that we fit as many pieces as possible) we browsed a bit more, but Jack was getting grumpy so I got him a stick of gummies, and paid for everything so we could leave. The CM checking us out told me she didnít charge me for the ďbodyĒ! Does anyone know if this is normal? I started wondering if maybe they arenít really for sale, since there wasnít a price tag, so I felt bad, but she didnít say anything else about itÖ

Jack and I went outside, and found EoS which is where we were planning on eating lunch. I called my dad and he met us there. I asked him to keep an eye on Jack while they waited for my mom and sister to meet us so I could stand in the ridiculously long line at the bathroom. Warning, hereís where things take a turn for the snarkyÖ When I get back from the bathroom, I discover that not only is my dad not in line at EoS, they have decided that we are not going to wait, we are just heading back to the resort. I was pretty irritated that we had taken out this huge chunk of time driving and parking for 30 minutes of shopping and not eating. No one else seemed to get why I was irritated, which just frustrated me more. We went back to the hotel and Jack and I went to the room to get ready for nap while the others went to pick up lunch stuff. I asked for the kids chicken nugget bucket and a small pizza for me and Jack. When they FINALLY got back with the food my dad hadnít thought to grab any ketchup or anything. More irritation. I decided it would be best if we just hurried and ate and got to bed so we could get a decent nap and hopefully things would be better when I woke up.

When I woke up I was determined to have a great evening, so I let go of all the irritation and annoyance and got packed for the MVMCP and our fabulous MK evening! We had bought light up necklaces online, and I made sure everyone had a Santa had and Christmassy tshirt.

We headed back into the park and got our wristbands. We were cutting it close, but we made it to CRT right on time! We got checked in and went inside for pictures. We left our many layers of coats etc outside with the strollers. Jack was still kind of punky from being woken up (that boy sleeps A LOT) and was in no mood to have his picture taken with Cinderella. For some reason we were told we could have 2 poses. I know that a party of 5 usually qualifies, but we werenít paying for Jack so I was surprised. We did one shot with me and my sister and one with just my sister, since Cinderella is her favorite princess. Let me add that I think itís incredibly classy that they give you the pictures for free here (UNLIKE Tusker House, lol). Iím sure even if they didnít they could still charge an arm and a leg for the meal, so itís nice not being ripped off (more than usual anyways!)

Onto the meal itself- I know itís a lot of money, OOP and it is 2 TS credits, but I have to say, the food wasnít bad, and the experience was great. Our server was AWESOME (I am going to attempt to find receipts so I can add names in) and so attentive, but not annoying. He gave suggestions and provided me with plenty of options (for free) for Jack. The way the princesses were announced (and paced) was pretty good, and the wishing ceremony was adorable, and they went all out to include everyone. All 5 of us were presented with either a wand or a sword, even though I think technically only the kids are supposed to get stuff. It was very fun. For the appetizer my mom and I had the salad, my sister had the cheese board, and my dad had the rock shrimp cocktail. For entrees the 3 of us girls all had the roast beef tenderloin (I think you can kinda see it in some of the pictures) and my dad had the fried chicken. The mac and cheese that came with his was great! We already knew we were doing the dessert party, so we werenít too concerned with what we got for dessert so I got the dessert trio, my dad got the crŤme caramel and my mom and sister got the chocolate mousse. All of it was good, plus our server brought Jack some ice cream and various toppings just for him. All of us enjoyed this meal, and the experience.

Jack got really serious when he heard he'd be meeting more princesses...

Jack LOVES asparagus

There has been son discussion abotu how creepy Ariel looks...

The wishing ceremony

Jack was shy around the princesses at first, but opened up a bit. I donít know when we will eat there next, it definitely is more exciting for little girls Iím sure, and with the new castle restaurant opening during the Fantasyland refurb, I know we will want to try that, but if anyone is on the fence about CRT, I say go for it!! And believe me, if Jack ever has a little sister, we will be back there every trip Iím sure!

After dinner we had plenty of time to kill before our dessert party. We went into Fantasyland and rode Itís a Small World. Jack seemed really enthralled by this ride. We hadnít ridden it in September because it was being refurbed. ISAW is NOT a favorite of mine, but it is obligatory.
There were some girls up on the balcony waving to Jack... he is quite popular...

I got a lot of compliment on my hat, I bought it at the MVMCP in 2007

Here I am tweeting abotu how much I dislike this ride, I'm sure.

After that we decided to split up. My mom took Jack to Barnstormer and the rest of us went to Haunted Mansion and Pirates, since Jack was still saying (and had been since he saw the video on the Magical Express) that he did NOT want to ride ďthe pirate rideĒ. When we were done we met back up and headed to the Tommorowland Terrace Noodle Station.
We got in line for the dessert party, and took turns going to the bathroom. When we got seated we were right by the entrance at the front table. Our view was perfect! It makes me wonder if they assign tables based on booking date because we booked very early. I have heard others suggest this is the case, and our experience definitely supports this theory. My mom wasnít feeling great so she didnít eat much, but the rest of us stuffed ourselves.
Jack enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries...

This was our view for the fireworks

I LOVE this experience. We had done this in August of 2009 after it was first introduced and loved it then, but my mom wasnít there and she really wanted to experience it, so it was a bummer she wasnít feeling good. I didnít remember them having milk and coffee the last time, but this time they did. I still stuck with water, but it was nice to have more options. We got some photopass pictures taken, and waited for the fireworks to start. We could see parts of the parade, but not enough to keep from watching it later. When the fireworks started this was our second viewing of holiday wishes (the ones from CG were also holiday ones) and it was nice to see a different perspective. I know some people think this dessert party is pricey, and while itís not something I would do every trip, I definitely think itís worth doing at least once. Itís nice to not have to wait on Main St. for a prime fireworks spot.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #93
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Dec 19th, the rest of the story

After our fabulous dessert party we head towards frontierland to ride Big Thunder Mountain. My mom and sister and I ride first, the wait is probably less than 5 minutes and I hear all 3 of my FAVORITE Christmas songs while we are walking/waiting! Afterwards my dad and sister ride and my mom and Jack and I head towards the parade route. We score a spot, not as great as I would like, but not bad, near the dance party with Jessie and Woody. Once my dad and sister catch up, I take Jack to the dance party since we have about 10 minutes before the parade. This was about the exact same time we came to the dance party in September during MNSSHP. Just like in September it was almost empty (and Bullseye was missing) and Jack got a lot of one on one time with both characters. I was cursing myself for not bringing in my camera when my lovely sister materialized out of nowhere with it!

Jack had a really good time, but it was getting close to the parade and I was trying to find a way to detach him. Finally I just scooped him up and said we had to hurry to see the parade. Jack sat on my dadís shoulders to watch the parade and I took pictures of the parade (my sister took pictures of Jackís reactions).

I think my dad was getting tired by this point, Jack's not great at sitting still...

This was an awesome parade. I still like the Boo to You parade better, but this was a darn good show! There was a scary moment when one of the horses pulling Cinderella collapsed and they had to stop. The horse was already wearing a brace, so it was clear it was already injured, so it broke my heart to see it limping around after it got up. I was kind of mad that the people in charge would make this poor horse be in the parade, and I sincerely hope that since it was the last party of the season that they gave him some time off!
Once the parade was over we joined the crush of people heading out of the park. I wouldnít have minded staying a bit longer, but with Jack being so grumpy in the mornings and another early morning ahead, it was for the best.

Doís and Doníts:

Do eat at CRT if you have ever wanted to try it. Even though the food isnít as good as Le Cellier, the atmosphere and the interactions are well worth it, at least once!

Do book a Wishes Dessert Party if you have never tried it. The desserts are amazing so Donít fill up before you go!!

Do give MVMCP a chance. Even though our party was sold out, we still got plenty done and wouldíve gotten even more done if we hadnít had a dinner ADR and the dessert party. Itís fun to see all the hard to find characters and the dance parties are great! Donít expect to do everything in one party. There are so many things to do and see itís impossible to fit it all into 5 hours.

If you want any MVMCP merchandise Do go to an earlier party or look for it right when the party starts. We didnít really search, but we also never saw any.

Donít try and get a spot for the first parade! Tons of people leave after Wishes so the second parade is ALWAYS less crowded which means less waiting for a better view!

Do spend $10 on a balloon that your kid will love, even if they will only enjoy it for a few days. Itís part of the magic

Do buy any glo/light up items elsewhere. Disneyís upcharge is CRAZY.

If your child is into Toy Story, DO invest in a box of Mr. Potato Head pieces! They are a great souvenir that will actually get played with, and a reasonable price ($20 for a box you fill).

Donít go along with plans that donít work for you. If I had thought things through more carefully, the DTD fiasco wouldnít have happened. Itís ok to not spend every minute with your family on vacation. It will actually make vacation more enjoyable if you arenít always annoying each other. More on that later!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #94
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Photopass CD question

Here's the thing. In September Jack and I had a few pictures taken with Photopass. Then they disappeared after however many days, as expected. Then I preordered the CD for December. When I went to look at our December pictures, the September ones were back! I ended up being able to add them to the CD as well. So this leads me to believe I can go on our upcoming September trip. If I make use of Photopass, I can come home, "preorder" the CD and THEN view my pictures and add them. I just am hesitant to spend $100 on a CD and then end up not getting very many pictures taken. Jack and I didn't really utilize the photographers last September, and I plan on using them more this time, but if I don't I don't want to be stuck with a CD credit I can't use. Does anyone know when they expire? Confusing, I know...
Old 01-26-2011, 07:01 AM   #95
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Here's the thing. In September Jack and I had a few pictures taken with Photopass. Then they disappeared after however many days, as expected. Then I preordered the CD for December. When I went to look at our December pictures, the September ones were back! I ended up being able to add them to the CD as well. So this leads me to believe I can go on our upcoming September trip. If I make use of Photopass, I can come home, "preorder" the CD and THEN view my pictures and add them. I just am hesitant to spend $100 on a CD and then end up not getting very many pictures taken. Jack and I didn't really utilize the photographers last September, and I plan on using them more this time, but if I don't I don't want to be stuck with a CD credit I can't use. Does anyone know when they expire? Confusing, I know...
Sounds like you guys really enjoyed CRT and that last MVMCP. We also love doing CRT right before the hard ticketed parties. Isn't it a magical way to start the evening?

On the photopass thing, I wouldn't take a chance on it. I just read a thread about this issue. Someone tried not loading their photos, then buying the pre-order CD,then loading their photos. Some of their photos were missing when they got their CD and when they called, they were told it's because they were taken after the purchase. So.... while it might be hit and miss, it's not something I'd take a chance with.

FWIW..... you can buy the pre-order CD, then request a refund if you don't like the photos you get on your trip.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #96
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I'm all caught up with your trip. I love your do's and don'ts and Jack is such a cutie.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #97
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

I seem to remember reading something about how the photos for the CD had to be taken AFTER the purchase of the credit... So I don't think that would work I also seem to remember something about it not having an expiration date, but I'm sure you can call Disney and ask about that for a clarification

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 01-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #98
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What a nice evening. Looks a bit cold though
If you want the CD or are thinking about it, preorder it. You can't after you get back. I have also read that. Keep in mind the photos from your past trip MIGHT not be on the CD when you get it.

If you decide after the next trip not to get it, just ask for a refund.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #99
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

I'm all caught up! Great updates!

I am so excited you were able to get the train set for Jack! What an awesome surprise!

I love the pictures with the princesses! I definitely feel like Ariel get's the short end of the stick...her hair color is never quite right!

Oh no! I can't believe the poor horse collapsed! That is so sad! I hope it was okay!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #100
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Great TR!!!!!
Awesome that you found the WDW train set!!!!! It's such a great feeling when you find that special item for your child that you've been searching for.

I LOVE his Mickey sweatshirt & snoopy shirt. And, your Mickey Santa hat is adorable too!

Love reading all the Do's & Don'ts!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
Old 01-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #101
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the info on the photopass CD! I had no idea you cold request a refund!! Of course if there is no expiration date, I could always save it, but I would be nervous saving it all the way until 2013, who knows what things could change by then! I definietly won't risk ordering it after the fact now that I know about the refund!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #102
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Sounds like you guys really enjoyed CRT and that last MVMCP. We also love doing CRT right before the hard ticketed parties. Isn't it a magical way to start the evening?

On the photopass thing, I wouldn't take a chance on it. I just read a thread about this issue. Someone tried not loading their photos, then buying the pre-order CD,then loading their photos. Some of their photos were missing when they got their CD and when they called, they were told it's because they were taken after the purchase. So.... while it might be hit and miss, it's not something I'd take a chance with.

FWIW..... you can buy the pre-order CD, then request a refund if you don't like the photos you get on your trip.
We were thinking the same thing when we booked CRT, it just seemed like the "right" way to start out. I am thinking CP for me and Jack for our MNSSHP night so it won't be as lengthy or pricey. We really did have a good time at the party though!

Thanks for the info! Now that I know that, I won't risk the roundabout way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I'm all caught up with your trip. I love your do's and don'ts and Jack is such a cutie.
Welcome! Thanks! I appreciate all the compliments i get about Jack, but I don't want to try to take credit for his cuteness, since then I'd have to take responsibility for the times he's not so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I seem to remember reading something about how the photos for the CD had to be taken AFTER the purchase of the credit... So I don't think that would work I also seem to remember something about it not having an expiration date, but I'm sure you can call Disney and ask about that for a clarification
I am keeping this in mind. I definitely don't want to risk it and have it backfire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a nice evening. Looks a bit cold though
If you want the CD or are thinking about it, preorder it. You can't after you get back. I have also read that. Keep in mind the photos from your past trip MIGHT not be on the CD when you get it.

If you decide after the next trip not to get it, just ask for a refund.
It was a bit chilly, but it almost helped put us in the Christmas mood!

Thanks for the CD info, I will def order it before I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
I'm all caught up! Great updates!

I am so excited you were able to get the train set for Jack! What an awesome surprise!

I love the pictures with the princesses! I definitely feel like Ariel get's the short end of the stick...her hair color is never quite right!

Oh no! I can't believe the poor horse collapsed! That is so sad! I hope it was okay!
Thanks!
I was probably even happier than he was when he opened it, since he had no idea what I went through to get it for him. I managed to keep it hidden the whole time, and the trip home too.

She always has kind of an awkward expression too. I think her hair might be a wig...

The horse collapsing was pretty tragic. I don't know why I was so affected, I'm not particularly a horse lover, but it made me really sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Great TR!!!!!
Awesome that you found the WDW train set!!!!! It's such a great feeling when you find that special item for your child that you've been searching for.

I LOVE his Mickey sweatshirt & snoopy shirt. And, your Mickey Santa hat is adorable too!

Love reading all the Do's & Don'ts!
Thanks!! I was so excited. It was ridiculous. I almost cried.

I loved the sweatshirt too, and it was on sale. Looking back I wish I had gotten myself one. I'm glad I bought that hat at the MVMCP in '07, I got a lot of comments on it.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #103
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Photopass CD question- definitively answered!

I finally took the time to glance through my PP pics and sure enough, the Halloween ones weren't there! I am not really disappointed, since I had already bought the only one I really cared about... but I am a bit annoyed since they put my pictures BACK in my acocunt and led me to believe I would get to have them... it's a wierd glitch, but oh well. No biggie, the Christmas ones all turned out, and now I know I HAVE to order the CD in advance, no tricks about it!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:47 AM   #104
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Yeaaa!!! Finally getting caught back up! I think my favorite parade the whole time we were there was the Christmas parade. I love looking at your pictures! It makes me want to be there right now... even though its not Christmas.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: