Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #76
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

I'm so sorry to hear about the added stress to your vacation, that would put a bit of a damper on anything! You've been good about being pretty unbiased in my opinion look forward to more posts! have an awesome weekend!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #77
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
I'm so sorry I'm late, but I hope you had a ! I'm sorry to hear about the stresses you have to deal with, I know that must be draining. Hang in there!
Thanks! It was a bit stressful, but it turned out ok. I mean there's not really much you can do about it but make the best out of the situation! I was just glad no one had to fly home immediatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kid View Post
Happy Birthday! I'm really enjoying your trip report. Our son is going on three and a half so memories of seeing the World with a two-year-old are fresh in my mind.

Your Dos and Don'ts are on target and a fun addition to your report.
Thanks! Welcome!! I'll be taking Jack back in September when he is 3 1/2, have any tips for me?

I'm glad you like the Do's and Don'ts. My next Do's and Don'ts need to be "Don't lose momentum on your TR and Do continue to update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tinker*bell* View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about the added stress to your vacation, that would put a bit of a damper on anything! You've been good about being pretty unbiased in my opinion look forward to more posts! have an awesome weekend!
Thanks, I am hoping to keep my TR as straightforward as possible, that way it is more helpful for my readers! Thanks, my weekend was good! Now if I could just summon the energy to continue my TR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #78
stephielela
DIS Veteran

My apologies!!

I apologize for being such a slacker on unpdates. I haven't been feeling fantastic this week and it's been BUSY at work (which is when I do my updates). I have managed to edit my photopass CD pics, and ordered the CD tonight and a fabulous thing happened! The pictures from our September trip were back in my account! (I just wish I had known that would happen BEFORE I ordered one photo download from that trip for $14.95, but oh well)! I have heard these CD's have taken a while to get shipped, so we will see. I PROMISE to update on Friday, if not sooner!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #79
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Subscribing! .. sorry, bit late here!

I love that juice at Tusker House! I think I asked our server what was in it, it was delicious

Your photos of Le Cellier food look delicious.. I can't wait to eat there during honeymoon!

Look forward to more updates.. and happy birthday, I'll be the same age as you later this year!

Emma x
Old 01-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #80
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Subscribing! .. sorry, bit late here!

I love that juice at Tusker House! I think I asked our server what was in it, it was delicious

Your photos of Le Cellier food look delicious.. I can't wait to eat there during honeymoon!

Look forward to more updates.. and happy birthday, I'll be the same age as you later this year!

Emma x
Welcome!! I have enjoyed reading you TR as well!!

I also love that juice at Tusker House. It is FABULOUS!

Working on an update now!!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #81
stephielela
DIS Veteran

December 19th! Part one

I am finally getting started on our "biggest" day of the trip

This day was our looooong day. We had a (supposedly) before the park opened ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:05 am, a full day at MK, and then dinner at CRT and the Wishes Dessert Party during the MVMCP.

We got up bright and early and put on our designated Christmas tshirts. Jack wore his new sweatshirt since it was a bit chilly out, but we didnít wear heavy coats.

We got to MK (via monorail) around 7:30. The park wasnít supposed to open until 9 am, but it was suspiciously crowded at the gates so I asked at bag check. It took the guys a few minutes to come to a consesus, but they said, yes, the park is opening at 8 am We briefly discussed it and determined we were NOT keeping our ADR. This was our only solid MK day, and we really couldn't afford to lose that much time. I stepped into the little gift shop outside the train station underpass thingie and called Disney Dining to see if we could get a lunch ADR instead and cancel our breakfast one. As she's checking I am glancing around the shop and BAM- I see it. The WDW train set!!!!

Side note: Jack asked for 2 things for Christmas. A train set and socks. In September he had seen the train set and said he wanted it and I obviously wasn't going to spend $70 on a whim so I told him no. Then a couple months later he was still asking about it, and when I asked him what he wanted for Christmas, he said the train and some socks (he loves socks). So the day after Thanksgiving I get online and it's sold out. Hmmmmm that's unfortunate. So then I look online and no one else has it except some guy on Ebay selling it for almost twice the price. I decide I can't part with that much money, and I called merchandising. A very unhelpful CM informs me that they are sold out and probably won't get anymore till "next year". I was crushed. This was the ONLY thing my 2 year old really wanted and I couldn't get it for him. I ended up buying him another one and wrapping it so it would be ready for Christmas, and then I would get him the WDW for his birthday. I still decided to keep my eye out for though, luckily!

So I see the train set, the CM on the phone is telling me they have nothing available, and the rope drop ceremony is starting. I take the train set up to the cashier and cannot contain my excitement. I am almost in tears. I ask and he tells me they just got a new shipment in. It was one of the MOST magical moments of the trip for sure. He is a bit slow getting things processed, but I finally get it paid for and they are sending it to the resort for me. I make it back to my family right as everyone is heading in and we went right to Dumbo! ( I practically skipped there).

Because of the last minute change in plans, our touring plans were completely screwed. We basically just did what we were close to etc. with no firm plans. We were on the first circuit of Dumbo, and we also rode the carrousel, Peter Pan and the tea cups. We tried to ride the newly renovated Winnie the Pooh ride, but Jack threw a fit so we missed out on that. Another fit was thrown at Phil-har-magic.

We headed to Main Street for some breakfast and ended up at the Main St. Bakery. We got a couple breakfast croissant sandwiches, a couple cinnimon rolls and some coffee and juice. Jack was still being difficult so I asked him what he wanted, which ended up being chips and an orange. He didn't eat the chips, but did start taking the turkey out of the croissants and wrapping it around orange slices.

He also wanted some coffee, but that coffee stayed hot for a LONG time, so he didn't get any.

After breakfast we went over to Tommorrowland and rode Buzz and TTA. We also did Space. I am a bit fuzzy as to which order things were, and I know we ventured into Toon Town to ride Barnstormer.

Yes I was tweeting in this picture

Jack also got to meet Buzz and Chip and Dale, and we purchased on e of the adorable snowman popcorn buckets.

After a while we were getting hungry and Jack was still being difficult. We decided to head out to DTD to get something to eat and then head to the hotel for a rest before we returned for the evening. I had promised Jack a balloon, so we stopped and dropped $10 on one of those on our way out.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #82
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

We were in the MK that day too. We had scheduled a return trip to CRT that morning, as it was our last park day, with a late afternoon return flight home. Once I saw the park was opening at 8 we ditch that plan. I wanted early park entry, and an empty Main Street and that wasn't happening.

Wasn't that a gray ugly morning? Or maybe it had something to do with us leaving later!

I'm curious to hear how that last party went. I hope you had fun!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #83
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

I'm so glad you found the train set! I hope he was happy when he unwrapped it!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 01-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #84
Sunshine1987
Mouseketeer

I am enjoying your trip report! We will be going Dec 15-21 this year so it is helpful to hear your trip report for planning our trip! I especially love the Do's and Don'ts!

I was glad to hear someone enjoyed Tusker House as much as we did!!! I always here such negative things about it but we loved the food and had great character interaction there!

Your son is adorable! He is a very adventurous eater for a 2 year old!

I look forward to hearing more updates!
Disney World- ~ASMovies in April 2004 ~Beach Club in May 2009 ~POR/Poly split stay in May 2010 ~Fort Wilderness in March 2011
Disneyland, CA - 1969-1993 (so many trips - I grew up 11 miles from DL), 1995, 1997, 2001, 2008 (off-site)
California Adventure - 2008 (off-site)
Old 01-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #85
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Turkey wrapped around an orange? EWWW!

Sometimes kids just don't want to follow your plans, do they?

I love the train set. We have one too. Got it in 2008. Sadly I can't get it to run anymore. But it could be my error. I pulled it out awhile back and can't remember how to get it going. I changed teh batteries and it still won't go, but I might have it hooked wrong.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #86
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
We were in the MK that day too. We had scheduled a return trip to CRT that morning, as it was our last park day, with a late afternoon return flight home. Once I saw the park was opening at 8 we ditch that plan. I wanted early park entry, and an empty Main Street and that wasn't happening.

Wasn't that a gray ugly morning? Or maybe it had something to do with us leaving later!

I'm curious to hear how that last party went. I hope you had fun!

Just out of curiousity, when did you find out about the change in hours? I swear everywhere I looked still had it opening at 9 am! But I suppose it's possible that in the craziness I might have overlooked something...

It was a pretty gross morning, but it at least didn't rain! I have noticed days are uglier when you are leaving

Party review coming up tomorrow!!! ( I PROMISE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I'm so glad you found the train set! I hope he was happy when he unwrapped it!
I was so happy when I found it! He did get very excited when we opened it, but naturally I hadn't bought batteries so it was a few days before he got to actually play with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine1987 View Post
I am enjoying your trip report! We will be going Dec 15-21 this year so it is helpful to hear your trip report for planning our trip! I especially love the Do's and Don'ts!

I was glad to hear someone enjoyed Tusker House as much as we did!!! I always here such negative things about it but we loved the food and had great character interaction there!

Your son is adorable! He is a very adventurous eater for a 2 year old!

I look forward to hearing more updates!
Thanks and Welcome!!! Jack is a good eater, which is really helpful since it means we can share meals etc. We all loved Tusker House. I wish I could recreate that juice!

The biggest thing I noticed about the dates we went was it got more crowded every day. The same was true of our 2007 trip which was the 13th-20th of Dec. The closer it gets to Christmas, the more people show up. As long as you know that and plan accordingly, it's still a good time to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Turkey wrapped around an orange? EWWW!

Sometimes kids just don't want to follow your plans, do they?

I love the train set. We have one too. Got it in 2008. Sadly I can't get it to run anymore. But it could be my error. I pulled it out awhile back and can't remember how to get it going. I changed teh batteries and it still won't go, but I might have it hooked wrong.

I know, he eats the wierdest things. He really isn't much of a carb eater though, lucky him.

Kids seem to like to make plans of their own... and if you don't follow them it really hits the fan!

Jack loves the train set! I can send you a copy of the instructions if you need! The coal car has to be plugged into the engine car. That part was tricky for me.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #87
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Just out of curiousity, when did you find out about the change in hours? I swear everywhere I looked still had it opening at 9 am! But I suppose it's possible that in the craziness I might have overlooked something...

It was a pretty gross morning, but it at least didn't rain! I have noticed days are uglier when you are leaving

Party review coming up tomorrow!!! ( I PROMISE)

I knew about it quite some time before we left. I had been back and forth on keeping that ADR, but had a hunch I'd let it go since it would cost us the first park hour of touring. I think I had seen a thread here on the DIS that summarized park hour changes to the December schedule. Some very kind and thorough soul had listed every single change in a nice overview. So I never looked at the Disney web site to see if it ever did catch up there. I'd certainly have been frustrated to have that come up as a last minute surprise though, so I feel for you.

While it was really gray that morning, 2 of our other MK mornings had been bitter cold, so it wasn't as bad as it might have been.

Can't wait to hear about the party. I hope you had fun in spite of the packed house. We were there Tues the 14th and Thurs the 16th. Tuesday was a light crowd because of the bitter cold. Thursday was a mess of humanity, as I later found out they were giving people replacement tickets if they complained about the cancelled shows and such. We already had tickets for both nights, so it never crossed my mind.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #88
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post

Jack loves the train set! I can send you a copy of the instructions if you need! The coal car has to be plugged into the engine car. That part was tricky for me.
Yes! That would be great. I know ours are gone, and maybe if I look at them again I can see what I am doing wrong...or maybe it just no longer works.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #89
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yes! That would be great. I know ours are gone, and maybe if I look at them again I can see what I am doing wrong...or maybe it just no longer works.
I will dig them out and scan them in for you tomorrow when I'm at home!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #90
Mrs. Gumdrop
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great TR!

Subbing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: