Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

I am so enjoying your TR. I too would like to try Ca. Grill. No way would I enjoy a 350. meal either. Glad u had "free" dining.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #17
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I have heard that they are no longer taking requests at any of the resorts. I guess it is all going to be done on a computer (I think it started sometime in Dec) You can still put in a request when you make your reservation, but so far, no one knows if they are going to actually be considered. And you can always ask for a different room upon check in. I'm not really liking this new way, but we'll see how it goes.
It does sound like a busy stressful first day. I hope you get the much needed rest.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #18
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
I am enjoying your trip report!!!! We will have our 1st Christmas trip in 2011!
Welcome!! That's so exciting! Have you decided where you are staying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I really can't wait to try California Grill. We're doing it on our October trip next year
It was great. The ambiance etc, is phenomenal, especiall if you aren't stressing about how much everything costs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953 View Post
I am so enjoying your TR. I too would like to try Ca. Grill. No way would I enjoy a 350. meal either. Glad u had "free" dining.
Welcome! I'm glad you are enjoying it! It's funny how overpriced all Disney food is. I would never pay $40 for a steak but at several restaurants, that's how much they are! I wish Disney would go to "real world" pricing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I have heard that they are no longer taking requests at any of the resorts. I guess it is all going to be done on a computer (I think it started sometime in Dec) You can still put in a request when you make your reservation, but so far, no one knows if they are going to actually be considered. And you can always ask for a different room upon check in. I'm not really liking this new way, but we'll see how it goes.
It does sound like a busy stressful first day. I hope you get the much needed rest.

That's so diappointing! I used your letter as a template for my Pop stay and it worked beautifully! I had every intention of doing the same thing. If they really aren't taking requests like that anymore, I might actually pay for a preferred room... maybe... As a hotel employee, I think it's silly they aren't utilizing the fax/phone requests. It's always easier to put people where they want to be then to move them after the fact!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #19
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Loving it, and the pics are so great, you all look so happy. We were there at the same time, nice to hear your perspective of it all! It was my first trip at Christmas time and I loved it!

On the room request thing, I called my resort directly after I had done my on-line check in and they noted and were able to fu-fill my request, not sure if it was a one off or what, but calling seemed to work.

Look forward to hearing all about your trip! And your DS is cute as can be in all the pics.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #20
Lovedisney77
Mouseketeer

Can't wait for more

Enjoying your trip report. I have been debating on trying the California Grill on our next trip.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #21
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Loving it, and the pics are so great, you all look so happy. We were there at the same time, nice to hear your perspective of it all! It was my first trip at Christmas time and I loved it!

On the room request thing, I called my resort directly after I had done my on-line check in and they noted and were able to fu-fill my request, not sure if it was a one off or what, but calling seemed to work.

Look forward to hearing all about your trip! And your DS is cute as can be in all the pics.
Welcome, I am enjoying your report as well!
I think its so cool to read other TR's from the same time and see how people did things differently!

I should have called, but I did get most of what I wanted so it's all good.

Thanks, Jack was definitely NOT cute the whole trip, he has become very independent... more on that in later posts!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #22
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovedisney77 View Post
Enjoying your trip report. I have been debating on trying the California Grill on our next trip.
It was a great experience! We timed it specifically for the fireworks, we knew they were at 9:30, and it seems that as long as you get in 2 hours or less before, you will still be enjoying your meal when it's time. They really draw out the courses and pace the meal well to accomodate the show.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:25 AM   #24
saralexander97
Searching for a Disney Dream

I am soooo excited to read your TR because I will be taking a 2 1/2 year old in December 2011. I hope to get a lot of great tips =)
Old 12-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #25
thechesters420
Mouseketeer

Love the do's and dont's!!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #26
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Wow I don't think I would have been as great as you were with the plane delay, but I understand things happen(snow!) Jack is just to cute Great first day and can't wait(with popcorn) for first day park.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #27
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

I'm here! And now I need to go back and read everything. I am so far behind on everyone's reports after our trip! I'm looking forward to hearing about everything and figuring out close our paths crossed on our Hollywood Studios day.

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
Old 12-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #28
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

Caught up now! Glad you eventually made it despite the delays. I laughed about you getting a margarita in the airport. I definitely appreciate your strategy of coping with the stress. I'm glad you got your room requests. After our check-in, I kind of got the impression they ignored all of our carefully thought through room request as well. If we hadn't said anything, we would have ended up with two rooms in different buildings as far away from the building we requested as possible, when we had requested connecting rooms. The CM's were helpful at least.

California Grill looks amazing. It will definitely be a must-do for us on our next trip. Looking forward to reading more!

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
Old 12-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #29
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

im here! i certaintly want to try cali grill on my next trip!
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
Old 12-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #30
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Found your TR this evening! Can't wait to read more...your little man is more than cute!!!
Welcome!!! Thanks so much, but I promise if you had sene the fit he threw when we tried to take him on Winnie the Pooh... you wouldn't think he was so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralexander97 View Post
I am soooo excited to read your TR because I will be taking a 2 1/2 year old in December 2011. I hope to get a lot of great tips =)
Wow, now the pressure is on I will give you my best advice! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechesters420 View Post
Love the do's and dont's!!
Welcome! I just felt that this trip was such a obvious lesson learning experience, I couldn't help but overanalyze and share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Wow I don't think I would have been as great as you were with the plane delay, but I understand things happen(snow!) Jack is just to cute Great first day and can't wait(with popcorn) for first day park.

Well, if you ask my family, I was pretty witchy about it at times, but that was just the frustration at trying to get all 5 of us moving in the right direction at the same time! Jack certainly is photogenic, and knows how to charm people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post
Caught up now! Glad you eventually made it despite the delays. I laughed about you getting a margarita in the airport. I definitely appreciate your strategy of coping with the stress. I'm glad you got your room requests. After our check-in, I kind of got the impression they ignored all of our carefully thought through room request as well. If we hadn't said anything, we would have ended up with two rooms in different buildings as far away from the building we requested as possible, when we had requested connecting rooms. The CM's were helpful at least.

California Grill looks amazing. It will definitely be a must-do for us on our next trip. Looking forward to reading more!
Welcome over! Yes, when everything is falling apart, a nice dose of tequila puts life in perspective! Ok, maybe not all the time, but it helped this time. CG was great, I definitely reccomend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
im here! i certaintly want to try cali grill on my next trip!

Welcome! It was AWESOME

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: