Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2011, 08:31 AM   #136
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I keep hearing how wonderful Kona is. I'll have to keep that on my must try list. So sad it is over, but at least you have another trip to plan for.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #137
graveskj
Earning My Ears

I read the whole thing, too! You did a great job! Except for making me feel like a slacker since I haven't finished my Dec TR yet!!
I do like being able to add your DOs to my own personal future Disney World To-Do list. Luckily I can already check off a few things like Le Cellier and Candlelight Processional. I also agree that I would probably not go so close to Christmas again. Finding an off time is so much more relaxing and the atmosphere is always going to be great regardless of what the decor looks like.
Thanks and have a great time in September!

Christmas for 15 PTR
2010 Dec - AS Sports & AS Vacation home
2007 Sep/Oct - POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #138
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

I liked looking at your souviner pictures. I love the throw, your ornament & reusable bags.
Don't feel bad taking 2 mths to write your TR, it is taking me FOREVER!!!!! I wonder when I'll ever get it done.
I'm very jealous that you're going back in Sept!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 02-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #139
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I keep hearing how wonderful Kona is. I'll have to keep that on my must try list. So sad it is over, but at least you have another trip to plan for.
I think that's the only thing that keeps the Disney Blues at bay, knowing there's another trip to plan!! Kona is yummy, and I really think Jack and I could share the Big kahuna platter and still have food left over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveskj View Post
I read the whole thing, too! You did a great job! Except for making me feel like a slacker since I haven't finished my Dec TR yet!!
I do like being able to add your DOs to my own personal future Disney World To-Do list. Luckily I can already check off a few things like Le Cellier and Candlelight Processional. I also agree that I would probably not go so close to Christmas again. Finding an off time is so much more relaxing and the atmosphere is always going to be great regardless of what the decor looks like.
Thanks and have a great time in September!
Don't feel like a slacker! I have a job that allows me to spend a LOT of time online, so I really should have had this done sooner, but I like to drag things out (aka procrastinate!)

I agree that the mood is way more relaxed (even though few Disney trips are what I would call "relaxing") in the off season.

I'm glad you liked the Do's! I definitely feel like I learn a lot abotu what to try and not try from other Dissers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I liked looking at your souviner pictures. I love the throw, your ornament & reusable bags.
Don't feel bad taking 2 mths to write your TR, it is taking me FOREVER!!!!! I wonder when I'll ever get it done.
I'm very jealous that you're going back in Sept!
I'm so glad I have a September trip to look forward to. In fact, when I would get frustrated or irritated on this trip, I just kept telling myself September will be so much easier!

That throw is the softest blanket I have ever had!!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #140
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

Just finished reading this all and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to your next trip. Have you started your PTR for your Sept trip?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #141
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissie View Post
Just finished reading this all and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to your next trip. Have you started your PTR for your Sept trip?
Thanks!!

Funny you should ask! I JUST started it!
Fall PTR
Old 02-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #142
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

Yaa!!

Thanks for the link! Now I have something new to read!!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #143
Carrieannew
DIS Veteran

Great report!

Did I read this right though, you can send your luggage on ME but not ride?
I am flying southwest.
Dec 2005 - SSR, Dolphin & POP, Sept 2006 Asmo, Sept 2007 Asmo, Feb 2008 1st Solo Trip POP, May 2008 POP, June 2008 Asmo, Aug 2008 POP, Oct 2008 offsite, Dec 2008 POP, May 2009 POP Singles Take 2, Aug 2009 VWL & POP, May/June 2011 POFQ/ASmu, Oct 2011 POP, Dec 2011 SSR , Feb 12 Offsite, Sept/Oct 2012 AKV
Old 02-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #144
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrieannew View Post
Great report!

I am flying southwest.
Technically I don't think yo uare supposed to. I KNOW for a fact on the way to WDW you aren't supposed to.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #145
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrieannew View Post
Great report!

I am flying southwest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Technically I don't think yo uare supposed to. I KNOW for a fact on the way to WDW you aren't supposed to.
Actually at the resorts they have luggage check that is NOT tied to ME. On the way to the resort you have to use ME, but on the way out some airlines allow you to check your bags at the resort. Not all airlines participate, Southwest just started participating late this past year.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #146
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Finished up reading your last update & final thoughts!!!

Love your souvenirs!!! The jewelry you bought in Italy is sooo pretty!

Glad to hear that you & your sister got the Givency perfume too! I really need to stop by the Basin this trip & get some of those bath bombs for Luke! I think he'd really like them & that Mickey soap was super cute! We always end up with a reuseable tote as well (usually when we get food at our resort to take back to our room!) I actually also buy them to give my nephews Easter treats instead of using a tradition basket or to use as a giftbag for their birthdays! Anything is better with a Disney theme, right?

Your PhotoPass pics at the GF looked beautiful!!!! Did you use them for Christmas cards? I wanted to use ours for my Christmas cards this year but it just didn't happen. LOL I'm thinking I might use this years since we'll be there in September. Gives me a few months to get cards made!

I loved the Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head ornament you got for Jack!!! I almost bought that same one for Luke but he choose the Dinosaur from Toy Story instead. I'm making it a tradition to buy him one a year so I might get the Potato Head one this trip!

Luke was looking over my shoulder & noticed the Buzz Lightyear Potato Head parts! I'm hoping they still have those ones in September! I also want him to get some Minnie/girl parts for our Mrs. Potato Head.

I really can't say enough how much I love how you set up your Trip Report with Do's and Don'ts!!! It was a great way to wrap up your updates & provide lots of advice for your readers!!!

Speaking of your readers, don't feel bad taking 2 months to complete a report...remember I just finished mine from June (only took 8 months!!!) I'll do better next trip, I promise! I think I'm just so depressed after leaving Disney that I don't ever want the trip to end...a trip report is a great way of dragging on the memories!!!

About the ME/luggage thing...I'm not sure if you're supposed to do it or not, but my parents always rent a car & never use the ME bus to transport themselves. But every trip, they check their luggage in with ME and send it off to the airport. They've stayed at AKL every trip & this year they're staying at Pop...I think they're going to miss that luggage counter. (I haven't told them yet that it isn't at the Value resorts. Oops!) Do you happen to know how to do it from the other resorts ? I need to tell them. lol

I'm off to read your PTR!!! I made the first page...a first for me!

Thanks again for all the great tips!!! If we ever go for Christmas, I will surely come back & read your whole report again!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #147
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
Finished up reading your last update & final thoughts!!!

Love your souvenirs!!! The jewelry you bought in Italy is sooo pretty!

Glad to hear that you & your sister got the Givency perfume too! I really need to stop by the Basin this trip & get some of those bath bombs for Luke! I think he'd really like them & that Mickey soap was super cute! We always end up with a reuseable tote as well (usually when we get food at our resort to take back to our room!) I actually also buy them to give my nephews Easter treats instead of using a tradition basket or to use as a giftbag for their birthdays! Anything is better with a Disney theme, right?

Your PhotoPass pics at the GF looked beautiful!!!! Did you use them for Christmas cards? I wanted to use ours for my Christmas cards this year but it just didn't happen. LOL I'm thinking I might use this years since we'll be there in September. Gives me a few months to get cards made!

I loved the Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head ornament you got for Jack!!! I almost bought that same one for Luke but he choose the Dinosaur from Toy Story instead. I'm making it a tradition to buy him one a year so I might get the Potato Head one this trip!

Luke was looking over my shoulder & noticed the Buzz Lightyear Potato Head parts! I'm hoping they still have those ones in September! I also want him to get some Minnie/girl parts for our Mrs. Potato Head.

I really can't say enough how much I love how you set up your Trip Report with Do's and Don'ts!!! It was a great way to wrap up your updates & provide lots of advice for your readers!!!

Speaking of your readers, don't feel bad taking 2 months to complete a report...remember I just finished mine from June (only took 8 months!!!) I'll do better next trip, I promise! I think I'm just so depressed after leaving Disney that I don't ever want the trip to end...a trip report is a great way of dragging on the memories!!!

About the ME/luggage thing...I'm not sure if you're supposed to do it or not, but my parents always rent a car & never use the ME bus to transport themselves. But every trip, they check their luggage in with ME and send it off to the airport. They've stayed at AKL every trip & this year they're staying at Pop...I think they're going to miss that luggage counter. (I haven't told them yet that it isn't at the Value resorts. Oops!) Do you happen to know how to do it from the other resorts ? I need to tell them. lol

I'm off to read your PTR!!! I made the first page...a first for me!

Thanks again for all the great tips!!! If we ever go for Christmas, I will surely come back & read your whole report again!!!
They had the Buzz pieces for Potato Head last September too, so I am sure they will still have it.

As for the luggage check, they have it at all resorts, without ME, for certain airlines. Here is a link with more info http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq.../subCategory14
Old 03-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #148
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Hi! I just found your tr from another I was reading. We are taking our 2 year old and staying at cbr next trip! We don't have horribly late nights planned - but even so I've been training my son for a less than normal schedule. I've been letting him stay up late a fee random nights and changing his nap time around.
Our first trip was with my patents, sister, and nephew. I learned the same thing you did and on our last day- split up!! Everyone wanted to experience all the firsts with the kids but neglected to take thier own wants or needs into account. We really had an enjoyable time once we split up and decided that if we travel again with extended family we will stagger it so we have a couple days to ourselves at the end or beginning. Off to check out your ptr!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 03-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #149
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
Hi! I just found your tr from another I was reading. We are taking our 2 year old and staying at cbr next trip! We don't have horribly late nights planned - but even so I've been training my son for a less than normal schedule. I've been letting him stay up late a fee random nights and changing his nap time around.
Our first trip was with my patents, sister, and nephew. I learned the same thing you did and on our last day- split up!! Everyone wanted to experience all the firsts with the kids but neglected to take thier own wants or needs into account. We really had an enjoyable time once we split up and decided that if we travel again with extended family we will stagger it so we have a couple days to ourselves at the end or beginning. Off to check out your ptr!
I really do like CBR, as long as you get to spend some time there. I think I might have come across as a little negative about it, but really, if you plan on spending some downtime at the resort, CBR is a beautiful choice! Good idea about getting your DS used to a wierd schedule! I wish I had thought to so that! This time around I am planning our schedule around what I know he needs, sleep wise. But since it's a shorter, smaller trip, we have that luxury. It wasn't really an option last time!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #150
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I really do like CBR, as long as you get to spend some time there. I think I might have come across as a little negative about it, but really, if you plan on spending some downtime at the resort, CBR is a beautiful choice! Good idea about getting your DS used to a wierd schedule! I wish I had thought to so that! This time around I am planning our schedule around what I know he needs, sleep wise. But since it's a shorter, smaller trip, we have that luxury. It wasn't really an option last time!
i hope the goofy schedule thing helps. some days we nap late, some days we go to bed late. he was just so cranky almost the minute after bedtime i figured i had to try something.

i wasn't thinking you were negative on CBR , just honest in a helpful way

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: