Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #46
MommaMouse411
Always dreaming of Disney

@ Linda...yes I am definately buying them from Amy next time.... I have Birthday tshirts to make for April/May when we go to WDW...so I'm tired of all the money I spend on them to look horrible after I wash them...
MommaMouse411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:28 AM   #47
MommaMouse411

Day 6 Bummer

Waking up and realizing that we had to get off the ship…brought on the good ole Disney Blues…but we will be in Magic Kingdom later so shouldn’t be too bad ..right? huh..

I went down to Guest Services to close out my account and walked around to take some final pictures..

This was a sad sight:

So wanted to steal one of these but a photo of the photo is going to have to do

an awful sight on return trip lol

I also went to Shutters to buy more pictures. One of the pictures was smudged with something so they said they will reprint it and mail to me. (Note if you ever use your debit card they put a $$ hold on your account)

I got the kids up and got dressed and made sure we didn’t leave anything…took one last look at the room and smiled because I knew I would be back on either her sister ship or the Dream.

We went to BBB and had a few things to eat…Originally I thought we can eat at Tritons but I guess I didn’t read the rules we had to be there at 7am or something not whenever we wanted lol…oh well..saw Wayan and said my goodbyes.

We stayed on the ship as long as possible and finally we walked to the Atrium, reluctantly

Getting off wasn’t as bad…but there was waiting of course…I was just praying that the boys don’t get antsy. We found a porter (not sure if that’s what they are called but whatever the guy who helps you with your luggage).

We got through customs and when we went outside it was even COLDER than I expected. We got to the car and I tipped the guy like $20…I hope that was enough….I didn’t want him cursing me…lol…we all took a look at the ship again..

As we were leaving and crossing the bridge..I made Chloe take another pic

and another one

So sad…well it was off to Magic Kingdom.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #48
MommaMouse411

Day 6 MVMCP

I made sure to get gas before I hit the road LOL…and we made it to Destiny Palms in no time…This place is awesome..low rates, 4miles west of Disney and good breakfast…and they always let me check in early..We checked in like at 11:30…

We were tired but the kids would not take a nap!!!!!!

So we started to get dressed for Magic Kingdom…around this time I started noticing my stomach wasn’t feeling right…but I shrugged it off.

We got to MK pretty early like 3:30ish…

We of course walked to the Ticket/Transportation Center and took the Ferry. I always have to take the Ferry to MK…I’m not a fan of the MonoRail.

We got to the gates and walked in and Miguel got his wristband for the party

I love Magic Kindgom..but today my stomach had started to kill me…Like I thought I had food poisoning. I was getting light headed and everything. I tried to keep a smile on my face but it was so DAG coooold!! We walked around and went to Mickey’s House first to get our holiday pictures taken with Mickey & Minnie…

I let Miguel play in the playground for a bit

Afterwards we went to Pinnochio’s Haus?? to get cocoa and cookies

and this is around the time the kids started to act crazy and I was just miserable with stomach pains and it was just soooooo COLD.

So we went to Cosmic Rays to let Miguel dance
Old 01-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #49
MommaMouse411

Day 6 continue'd

After that we went to see the Tomorrowland Christmas Show with Stitch/Mike/Buzz…

Chloe went to space mountain during this time and rode it twice…lucky girl!!

After the show I think it was time to go find a spot for the Fireworks
I wonder how many pics of the Castle I have??

We waited by the Rapunzel meet & Greet for the Fireworks

and I just remember being really sick and not wanting to be there..plus the boys were cold and they were cranky…and waiting in line for everything was for the birds!! We got so used to getting what we want on the ship…so to go from being treated like royalty to being in a 30minute line for soda was like UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

We found a spot for the Parade…and then it happened BOTH KIDS STARTED CRYING/SCREAMING. Of course I got the “LOOKS” from the women around me. Like their kids never had a meltdown before..So I thought I could feed the baby there and then Miguel will calm down when the Parade started but we still had like 10minutes…so I got out of line and said screw it we go back to Cosmic Rays…

and then we went to see Woody/Bullseye/Jesse and dance with them..

I mostly took video here but I was ready to leave..so when it got close to closing time..we head to the Emporium and I bought my Mickey Mouse Santas cookie & cup plate with cash…and I was going to go get Manuelito his ears when I realized…I LOST MY DEBIT CARD!!!!!!!

So that was it…we left…our MVMCP day was a bust for me due to my stomach issues. I mean it was killing me all night and I woke up the next morning hoping to not feel any pain…all was gone…phew.

We got our stuff and headed to Tampa on Friday and all we can talk about is the next cruise…
Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 AM   #50
MommaMouse411

Unpacking wasn’t fun until I got to the FE bags…here’s some things we got from our FE exchange:

Calendar

handmade soap! Bookmarks! Notepads with Bahamas on it! And a magnetic picture frame

These are my souvenirs

Next cruise I’m buying the Duffy with the Cruise attire on but I love my Christmas Duffy!! I hug him a lot (nerd, yes)

So folks that was our trip…and here’s to Oct29th this year on the Magic and April 10th, 2012 on the Dream…

I have become so obsessed with Disney…its ridiculous…if only I can make money off of my obsession so I can always continue to live the Disney Dream…I thank everyone on the Creative Disigns thread for putting up with my many requests for magnet/tshirt designs and I am so glad there are people out there that share my obsession.

See you real soon!!

BTW the boys had a wonderful Christmas

and we also went to Seaworld and Busch Gardens after Christmas and did some more Zoo stuff for the New Year.

It was a great year!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #51
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Great report, I loved both your TR and Pre-TR. Looks like the kids had a great Christmas.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:13 PM   #52
MommaMouse411

thank you Princess Aleya...I enjoyed writing it...and can't believe that I am going to go on another one...so look out for my next PTR might not be as crazy as this one hear because I am totally toning down my shopping for the cruise...i hope...
Old 01-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #53
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMouse411 View Post
thank you Princess Aleya...I enjoyed writing it...and can't believe that I am going to go on another one...so look out for my next PTR might not be as crazy as this one hear because I am totally toning down my shopping for the cruise...i hope...
Can't wait to hear about it. I hear you about the shopping, I went waaay overboard when we took our first Disney cruise in 2009. I had one suitcase just for shoes , I learned my lesson. I didn't wear half of the stuff I took b/c we were mostly in our swim suits LOL. I won't take as much for our upcoming Dream cruise.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #54
CherylSue
Mouseketeer

Great report MommaMouse!!! Everyday I miss the cruise....we can't wait to be on another one!

I will be looking forward to reading your TR for your voyage on the Magic!!!

DH - Sean Me - Cheryl DD(15) - Victoria

CherylSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #55
MommaMouse411

I am already trying to find Tuxedos for the boys for their Formal Night... but looks like I'll have to go Ebay for those...I'll of course need a Fancy dress/gown

and don't laugh...I'm already pricing/searching for our Halloween Costumes...we are going to be Cowboys this year...at least for now unless Miguel says he wants to be something else.

So yea I have to taper it back with shopping if I'm going to WDW in April/July/Dec and then Oct cruise...and really there was no need for alot of the stuff that I brought on the cruise and some of the stuff I bought I didn't get to wear..but I will be wearing again on my next trip...but with excursions, and MNSSHP tickets, I don't need to be spending my money frivolously (did I spell that right)...anyway...you believe I already have my "Cruise" box with things in it...yea I'm sure you can believe that...

Cherylsue: hope you let me know how your Dec cruise is......
Old 02-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #56
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer

Nice cruise report. It looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #57
MommaMouse411

thanks Cruiselady...it was fun and I think about it everyday and can't wait to go on my next cruise...I think I enjoy the Cruise line more than the actual parks...we'll see how I feel when we go in April to WDW.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:02 AM   #58
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Great Trip Report! I appreciated all the details! Glad to know that cruising with an infant is possible! I am SO beyond excited for our Halloween cruise on the Magic!

sumlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #59
MommaMouse411

@sumlee...yes I knew it wasn't going to be "a walk in the park" but it was manageable and we still had a great time...I can't wait till our Halloween cruise either!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #60
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMouse411 View Post
Hi...

I just found your PTR and TR and I read them both!!! Amazing!!!

And you totally rock as a cool Mom your kids on the cruise...

I do have one question... What DISigner did you get the Stitch port hole thingy from??? I love it and want to print some for your cruise...

Thanks!!!

Nancy...
NancyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: