Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #16
CherylSue
Mouseketeer

LOVING your TR and pics! I remember Chloe in that hoodie.....my DD got a pink and gray striped one so her and Chloe could both have DCL hoodies

With you guys at 1st seating and us at 2nd my DD was RUSHING to eat dinner so she could be sure to catch Chloe at a certain time every night......our poor servers rushed her food out

Keep the TR coming......

DH - Sean Me - Cheryl DD(15) - Victoria

CherylSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #17
MommaMouse411
Always dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
We really loved the Golden Mickey's and my camera didn't do any better. I think I'm going to invest in a higher end one for our Dream cruise. You're boys are so adorable. I bet they had a great time. I bought the DCL zip up hoodie and it went to Disney with me and Universal. So cold. Can't wait to read more.
Linda, that's what I'm talking about, a higher end camera. It was frustrating to see the pictures once downloaded and saw that even the ones that looked clear on my camera were a little blurred!!

I was kind of jealous of chloe's hoodie! I told her the next time I'm buying myself one too!!
MommaMouse411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #18
MommaMouse411

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylSue View Post
LOVING your TR and pics! I remember Chloe in that hoodie.....my DD got a pink and gray striped one so her and Chloe could both have DCL hoodies

With you guys at 1st seating and us at 2nd my DD was RUSHING to eat dinner so she could be sure to catch Chloe at a certain time every night......our poor servers rushed her food out

Keep the TR coming......
teenagers are funny...I can't remember anything chloe ordered after the 1st day because she would order a salad and she later told me is because they were eating burgers and fries all day!!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #19
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Waiting patiently for the next installment .
Old 01-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #20
MommaMouse411

@ MamaKate I'm holding off till either tomorrow or monday..I had to upload more pictures from another chip and now they are not organized!!

I have been thinking about doing a RCCL cruise and after alot of research in the last two days...will be postponing that thought till 2013 or 2014.

I am definately going to do the Dream in October...looking at the 10/30 4day...I've done halloween cruises on Carnival..so much fun...so this will be great because I will do the MNSSHP before the cruise!!!!!

I am still looking at 4/21 Fantasy cruise 7day..its pretty pricey but I think it will be soooo worth it...SEVEN WHOLE DAYS ON A NEW SHIP!!!!

I'm almost scared about being the on new ship so soon because theres going to be alot of issues I'm sure that disney couldn't anticipate but I really don't want to wait till Oct 2012 to do a cruise again...now the Dream has a 5 day double dip cruise in April 2012 that I might consider but I will be making my decision here in February..

and you know what else is cool..I got a Castaway Club membership card now!! Got it in the mail yesterday!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #21
DisMommyof2
Earning My Ears

Loved reading your TR so far and looking at your pictures. Your boys are adorable.
DisMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #22
MommaMouse411

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMommyof2 View Post
Loved reading your TR so far and looking at your pictures. Your boys are adorable.
thank you DisMommy...they are also very fun kids too!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #23
MommaMouse411

Day 4 Its even colder here!

Yes, the moment has arrived…Castaway Cay. Again I woke up before the kids and got the Pirate Themed Magnets on the door.

I woke up early to do some laundry..well of course nothing ever goes according to plan so there wasn’t any detergent in the laundry room..I had to wait like 20minutes for someone to bring something up. So I got the laundry started and figured the clothes wouldn’t be completely dried when it was time to get off.

Chloe got up and I sent her to Beach Blanket Buffet to bring us some food. Specifically the coveted Mickey waffles…well wouldn’t you know she brings like 3 waffles and chocolate syrup?!? 3 waffles no bueno..I could’ve eaten 5 alone…lol

We got off the ship and took some pictures…

it was really cold folks..and we had on swimwear and cover ups. I was a little disappointed but Disney cannot control the weather yet so we just made due.

Miguel wanted to take a picture here:

and here

The tram with Reindeer ears

First order of business: Meet Captain Jack Sparrow...The other pictures miguel wasn't looking at the camera, he didn't like Sparrow which is weird because he had wanted to see pirates???

After we met Captain Jack we headed back to the Family Beach..we bumped into Stitch and just like always joked around with the kids.

Its a little blurred but Chloe Joined in the fun

Old 01-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #24
MommaMouse411

Day 4 continue'd

Then we saw our Pal Mickey!

There’s not much to say about what we did here on the Island because we couldn’t get into the water without turning to ice and even on the sand it was still cold… but Disney, wow, they know how to do it up. The island was beautiful almost looked Make-Believed. The sand was white, the water was clear, the trees perfectly placed.

Here’s a couple of things that I noticed. There are wagons, strollers, and wheelchairs at first two tram stops. The wagons were very helpful in lugging around not only the boys but all the beach toys and stuff I brought that we didn’t need because we didn’t get to play in the sand because the boys were too cold. I did have our double stroller but I left it near our picnic table.

Cookies food was good. I’m sorry for the lack of creativity of describing the foods but like I said I was just surprised on how everything was good. Lol We had mahi mahi, wow, perfectly done. The burgers were tasty, and we just enjoyed the day.

Chloe and her friend just walked the beach while the boys and I enjoyed whatever was going on.

Manuelito taking a siesta

Miguel playing with toys I bought him at Sea Shells:

Waiting for Stitch to come out and dance:

I used video during the Stitch dance. It only lasted about 10-15minutes...I wish it was more like an hour. Not sure why they do short dance parties for the kids.

Here’s something that happened that I was dreading. After Stitch’s dance party, Miguel was in hyper mode. Stitch was walking towards Cookies and Miguel wanted to follow. I said no. And Miguel started walking towards Cookies..So I followed him pulling the wagon. I had Miguel in my sight, but as he turned the corner, he was gone, I said Ok he’s just went around the other corner…no sign of him…I think I lost him for maybe 3 minutes, and if felt like forever, I got a CM to help me, and some folks that heard me started looking, my heart had stopped. I knew he didn’t go to the water, but I was thinking what if he went into the woods, there could be a ditch he could fall in...So as I go back to the area with all the picnic tables under the shelter, I see him come out, laughing, I grabbed him and my legs had started to shake and I started to cry. (mind you, I had ditch the wagon, and grabbed Manuelito and started the search)..SO the group of folks saw that I found him and brought the wagon and I was like thank you but on that note, I’m going back to the ship.

So I relaxed a little and headed towards Sea Shells. We saw Minnie and took some pictures with her.

Took pics with Goofy as well..(I bought a picture from Shutters with Goofy and Miguel walking towards the beach, it is sooo nice)

And then I went into Scuttles Cove but we stood there for maybe 20minutes and Chloe found me there.

Told her lets get on the ship. It was only 3pm but if the weather was warm and we were able to play in the water I think we would’ve been on the ship at 4:31pm.

Boarding wasn't bad

but it sure sucked to be leaving castaway cay.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #25
MommaMouse411

Day 4 Continue'd

So here's one more pic from my verandah

Will be back with more next week!!

toodles!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #26
Elfinjojo
Mouseketeer

Fab trip reports(this and the PTR - which I read earlier today from start to finish)
Looking forward to the next installment.

JoJo

Elfinjojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #27
MommaMouse411

Day 4 continue'd

We got to our room and the kids were a little tired but they didn’t want to go to sleep!! Why are my kids the only two kids that refuse to take naps during the day!

But it was time to get ready for PIRATE NIGHT!! ARGGG!!! I took the boys a bath in the tub (how smart of Disney to think of tubs for families with toddlers!). After the bath the boys were getting cranky. I got everyone dressed in their costumes and I was finally able to get dressed too. We headed to the atrium to take pictures and as we got into line for Pirate Minnie zzzzzzzzz

So I just said oh well Chloe and I will take pictures…It was kind of awkward to take a picture with a character without my kids.

When we were done with Minnie we went upstairs to stand in line for Captain Jack Sparrow..I took a picture of the atrium the quality is not good but you get the point

and we finally met our guy
( bought the shutters pictures of Jack and I, it came out better)

after we were done with our pictures we still had some time to burn before I dropped off the boys at the nursery for my dinner with kids night lol…and we saw Pan and Hook having at it…it was funny. Peter called him a codfish!

Old 01-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #28
MommaMouse411

Day 4 continue'd

Then Peter posed for some pics

Chloe wasn’t impressed with him, thought he looked feminine

I agreed but that’s how Peter characters normally look!!

I dropped the boys off and they were both still asleep!! We made our way to Tritons and I loved this mural

This was Pirates Night but we had a Princess and Prince Menu…aye we was not pleased!!! I missed that tidbit!!!

These were the little headscarves they gave us (mine didn’t fit my big head)

By this day I sort of remembered to take pics of the food:

Cheese Souffle (OMG deleesh)

I think these were scallops au gratin

Chloe wasn’t hungry but Wayan brought her something anyways...and I tasted it...it was really good

I think this was lamb

mmmm Beef Wellington

Ordered the trio dessert (Tiramisu, chocolate soufflé, and I think lemon cheesecake)

but this….this was soooo yummy (breadpudding)
Old 01-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #29
MommaMouse411

Day 4 continue'd

After dinner I picked up the boys and Miguel was still tired. So I said lets get in line for Pirate Mickey and try and take a picture at least with their costumes on..

LOL you can see Miguel was like oh please I’m tired..

I didn’t want to push my luck so we went back to the room and though we’d unwind until the party. Of course the boys were fully charged but wanted out of their costumes..

Not the best pic of me but Miguel took this picture and he said ARGGGGG mommy

We got up to the Deck 9. I had the baby in the carrier and just attached the Pooh leash to Miguel. Chloe, She was gone right after dinner lol.

We really enjoyed the Pirate Party. We did not get to the Buffet because Miguel wanted to walk around and play pirate and dance. So I got most of this night on video. I bought Miguel a flashing sword ($10!)…

Miguel dancing

The Pirates (Again sorry for the poor quality but my camera doesn’t do well when I have to zoom in)

Smee was hilarious!!

I have to get a better picture of this next time…Mickey looked to our side of ship at the beginning and after that it was the back of his head

The fireworks were awesome for being out at sea! Miguel enjoyed them. Once that was done we head back inside and I thought we’d just go to the room and watch movies and play.

The baby in his carrier

(I took the phone out because Miguel kept calling everybody)

I ordered room service again, got Miguel the hamburger and I got the chicken wrap again…and we just played around in the room and fell asleep maybe around midnight.

It was a fantastic day.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #30
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Hi MommaMouse, I remember how cold it was on Castaway Cay. I think we passed you on the way back to the ship so we could dress warmer and we're from New England, you'd think we'd be use to it.Your boys look adorable, love your pic with Jack. Yeah, those bandanas were a bit on the small size. Didn't you just love the view from your verandah? I think I'm spoiled now.
Linda

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: