Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #106
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I love how festive the MK is for the holidays.
And snacking around the Magic Kingdom sounds perfect!
The dessert party is such a great surprise. Do you recommend it?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #107
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I love how festive the MK is for the holidays.
And snacking around the Magic Kingdom sounds perfect!
The dessert party is such a great surprise. Do you recommend it?
Hi ya! Well, obviously I didn't expect this, and secretly, I will confess, I don't know that it was necessary on a Party night, b/c after all there were free goodies! BUT, there were still lots of people at the Dessert Party venue, so obviously it is done.... in fact, my DH tells me that he had to call every day for a week and a half b/c they initially were sold out. Probably people prebooking then canceling. At any rate I would not have done it for the fact that we had already spent the ticket money, but on a regular night at the MK, especially in the summer, I would certainly consider it... I actually had for the 4th of July two years ago, when they first started them, but got cold feet.

DH did it for something fun and as a surprise, so I can't dismiss that. However, if you are thinking this summer, I would say why not. There were SOME desserts I liked some not so much... BUT I would still do it again sometime... the view was great -- though not straight on, so if you like that keep this in mind... I love watching on Main Street, but I also liked seeing them from here, b/c you really do have a nice vantage point.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #108
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yes, we do have a Best Buy -- I may try that or look online. I am not in any rush since she brought this on herself, and she won't die without her cell phone.

Chelsea is infamous for plugging in her phone to charge and then texting on it -- this is the second time she has ruined the little silver piece by bending it in unnatural ways. The first time, we were due for an upgrade anyway, so I didn't have to deal with finding a new charger.

Yeay for an update coming soon! I don't blame you for keeping up that tree as long as possible.

Really, at this point, I could deal with a snowstorm -- after all, it is hard to resist the temptation of wanting a day off.

Ah yes, I get that! My new phone sucks up the battery so I am constantly charging... good luck finding it!

RE the tree, yes, well, everything else is put away...

I saw your FB post! WOOT! three day weekend! We may get some Tuesday into Wed. not probably that much though. BOOOO ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Can't wait for the next update

I hope we get a snow day in NYC. I really could use a day off
Sounds like they are gearing up for another big one up by you!

Updates on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Looking forward to an update! Hope those of you praying for a snow day get what you are wishing for. In CT the snow has come perfectly timed for the weekend.
Oh HOW I hate the snow on the weekend! What a waste! Updates posted!!! One more coming...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 01-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #109
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What a great guy DH is planning the dessert party as a surprise. He gets major points for that. ALMOST enough to forgive him for being a fan of the turkey leg.

Shopping and snacking around the MK sounds like a great evening for me. Isn't the castle just gorgeous with those lights?! So magical. I'm hoping to see it in person again in 2011.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #110
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
What a great guy DH is planning the dessert party as a surprise. He gets major points for that. ALMOST enough to forgive him for being a fan of the turkey leg.

Shopping and snacking around the MK sounds like a great evening for me. Isn't the castle just gorgeous with those lights?! So magical. I'm hoping to see it in person again in 2011.
Yes, I know those dang Turkey legs!!!! I think it tastes weird. I can't even bite into it. AND then I inevitably get some stuck between my teeth, drives me nuts!

Shopping and snacking, Yep, that about describes it! it is beautiful! Good! GO see it! Just seeing these photos makes me want to do the same thing!

Going to post fireworks now!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #111
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Let the fireworks light up the sky!

So here I am taking a few photos waiting for the fireworks to start, just so you can see where we are.... Some castle views, too!

This one a little blury... I was playing around with my camera a few times, do I use flash, don't I, etc...

here are my firework shots!!!! I just included a few, I have more, but I am sure Becky, Ladybugmom, and WidgD & Shocker will have LOTS of awesome photos! I took more, but I focused on what was happening to the castle in most of them... Becky's husband took some AWESOME shots of the Main Street area at the end of the party so I am sure those of the fireworks and parade are amazing!! I am sure she will post on her TR when she starts it! I can't wait to see those!!!

Tink flew right over our heads and waved!

These I took because of the green "Christmas Tree" motif complete with sparkling twinkling lights! So pretty. My favorite effect.

These show you some of the images they were projecting onto the castle, the wooden soldiers, the snow flakes, and other images. SO fun! So festive!

Of course the end when the castle magically lights up! SIGH! LOVE it.

After the fireworks, which were breathtaking, we stopped for some more hot chocolate Hey, it is free, and it is tasty! Don't need to ask me twice!! And then we made our way to the Laugh Floor. We had time before the parade and the castle show. I texted a joke and wrote “pick me it’s my Birthday” (which this was somewhat a celebration of) and guess what?! THEY DID!! I wasn’t on the camera of course, but they said “Happy Birthday” when they read it!!!

I think the Laugh Floor late at night gets more impromptu… like they tend to have more “fun” with the audience later in the evenings… has this been anyone else’s experience? It is always silly, I know, but even more so I think late in the evening….

Photos will continue this week!! I still have the parade and final photos.... Just a few more, and then I will be wrapping this short TR up!!

Ready to get CRUISING.... LOL!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 01-09-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:50 AM   #112
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

And I also wanted to see the fabulous window display, which I was DELIGHTED to see was entirely different from last year! Last year they had the princess scenes I think it was, which were beautiful, but these were Mickey's Christmas Carol.. SO neat!
The wreaths and garland are so pretty hung up along Main Street.

The Christmas Carol stuff was up in the Emporium windows last year, so I guess maybe they plan to move them around to different. Maybe they were new last year to go along with the Christmas Carol movie with Jim Carrey that had just been released? (Which I have not seen, by the way, but I want to.)

I will delight in all of your Christmas pictures, as we missed it very much this past holiday season. We are already looking forward to 11 months from now when we can see it again.

Your castle pictures are awesome!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #113
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

The castle is so beautiful!
I wish I could transport myself to Main Street right now.

I think I may add the dessert party to our plans for next summer. Hopefully, it'll be offered again.

I can't wait for your cruise PTR. We're looking into a 2012 cruise along with our Disney trip. It'll be my dad's 60th birthday and we're doing a huge family vacation. The one problem is my brother would rather spend a week at Atlantis, then time at Disney. I'm going to use your PTR/TR to convince him that a cruise is best

Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #114
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hi, Happydog! If you get snow like we did last night, you may get your snow day tomorrow. Pixie dust and snowflakes headed your way!

Yeay for a fun update to read this morning!

Love all the Christmas decorations around the Magic Kingdom! The window displays are so neat! I think I would like having a job as a Disney window dresser.

Ah, the Castle is just so pretty with all those lights, and it really just makes a stunning background for the fireworks!

What a great idea to just snack for dinner! You got a lot of tasty treats! What a picture of your DH and his turkey leg! Blackmail for sure! I had to laugh about how you "consoled" yourself with an orange slushie when you couldn't find the pillow pet.

How sweet of your DH to book the dessert party!

I have to confess I always like seeing pictures of the cookies and hot chocolate from the party!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #115
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Love the updates from the party HD! I just love how festive the MK is at Christmas, it really does get you into that holiday mood

What a great idea to snack for dinner, I truely wish we had skipped dinner the night we did the dessert party - I think I rolled out of the MK that night, I felt like a giant porker! I agree that not all the desserts were great, but for me the creme brulee and the chocolate covered strawberries made it worth the cost - yum!!

Your pic of Tink is one of the best I've seen! Mine have always been just a blur.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #116
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Great update! Snacking around MK is a wonderful idea. And how fun that your husband surpised you with the dessert party. Does he love WDW as much as you?

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #117
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

I love your castle pictures!

(I've bought a couple of cell phone chargers from Walgreens, but I think Target sells them as well.)
Old 01-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #118
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a great update on MVMCP!!! I would love to go to that party some day!!

Isn't the castle just lovely!!! You had some great pictures!!

What a great shot of Tink and of the fireworks!!

Glad you had such a great time!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 01-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #119
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi, Happydog! If you get snow like we did last night, you may get your snow day tomorrow. Pixie dust and snowflakes headed your way!
Well they now say this afternoon/evening, which does bode well for Wednesday morning! TWO days off for you?!!!

Quote:
Yeay for a fun update to read this morning!

Love all the Christmas decorations around the Magic Kingdom! The window displays are so neat! I think I would like having a job as a Disney window dresser.

Ah, the Castle is just so pretty with all those lights, and it really just makes a stunning background for the fireworks!
I agree! I just love all the decorations... so pretty... seasonal decorations at the MK especially are so fun, and Halloween too!

Quote:
What a great idea to just snack for dinner! You got a lot of tasty treats! What a picture of your DH and his turkey leg! Blackmail for sure! I had to laugh about how you "consoled" yourself with an orange slushie when you couldn't find the pillow pet.

How sweet of your DH to book the dessert party!

I have to confess I always like seeing pictures of the cookies and hot chocolate from the party!

I know! Well I made my reason for needing that slushie! I wanted my cappuccino float, otherwise I'd be all over that Dole whip!!!

It was not nececssarily the best idea for dinner, but if you are only going to get your Disney snacks in on one day, it made the most sense!!! I didn't get an ice cream sandwich, but I got to do the dessert party, so that was a good exchange! DH didn't get his jalepeno pretzel, but that just means the AK has to come up with a special ticketed event!!!

I thought the cookies and such all arranged are nice to see, too... of course I was too busy eating them and drinking my cocoa to take photos...
I think Anita got a cute one in a Mickey head image!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Love the updates from the party HD! I just love how festive the MK is at Christmas, it really does get you into that holiday mood

What a great idea to snack for dinner, I truely wish we had skipped dinner the night we did the dessert party - I think I rolled out of the MK that night, I felt like a giant porker! I agree that not all the desserts were great, but for me the creme brulee and the chocolate covered strawberries made it worth the cost - yum!!

Your pic of Tink is one of the best I've seen! Mine have always been just a blur.
Oh yes, those strawberries and the creme brulee were great! I liked something chocolate.. and then something else chocolate.... best I didn't like the fruit tarts but the banana cream one ... It was great fun, and that is part of the cost to begin with, so I was very happy to participate! DH was being really thoughtful, I agree.

I wish I had zoomed in on her better but I couldn't see in the dark to find her if I zoomed.... May crop the photo to see how close I can get without it being a blur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Great update! Snacking around MK is a wonderful idea. And how fun that your husband surpised you with the dessert party. Does he love WDW as much as you?
It was a nice surprise, for sure! He doesn't "love" Disney... I think he tolerates it for a variety of reasons, but also is intrigued by Disney for those things that are so appealing -- sure the food, and the service, but I think he likes the package, their level of presentation and attention to detail, etc. He also is amused about how much I enjoy it, and sees how much our kids enjoy it... We likely wont be getting APs again, but I think we may be getting APs for Universal next, but staying on Disney property, and going to the water parks and such next summer... At least that is his declaration... I say we'll squeeze in a day or two somehow..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
I love your castle pictures!

(I've bought a couple of cell phone chargers from Walgreens, but I think Target sells them as well.)
Thanks! I had so many, but I chose to focus on the castle displays... I dont have a high tech camera, it is a new one, but doesn't take the night shots as well.... I know ladybugmom's pics and WigD's pics will be fabulous ... when they start their TRs!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What a great update on MVMCP!!! I would love to go to that party some day!!

Isn't the castle just lovely!!! You had some great pictures!!

What a great shot of Tink and of the fireworks!!

Glad you had such a great time!!
I am glad I got to go, would like to take the kids some time. Though, I will say you can experience everything less the cocoa and cookies after the final party, so in many ways, I think the MNSSHP is more unique... HOWEVER seeing the parade at night with the snow falling was the best part of that night!!!!! Those are coming up next!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #120
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well they now say this afternoon/evening, which does bode well for Wednesday morning! TWO days off for you?!!!
I hope you get your snow day tomorrow. If not, I will gladly donate one of ours. The temps are not getting above freezing, so now we are wondering if there will be more snow days this week. Craziness!

Quote:
I think Anita got a cute one in a Mickey head image!
She did -- that was one of my favorite pics she posted on Facebook!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: