Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #61
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year, Key Chain Twin!

What a great group of updates! Giraffes and Gingerbread! Two of my favorite things! (Am I the only one who starts humming My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music whenever I type that? )

That door decoration is really neat! Someone was very clever! I can't wait to see what you come up with for your cruise decorations. Are you going to decorate your door in February or just for the family cruise in June?

I am in love with those Kidani Christmas decorations! So pretty and exotic at the same time!

I really want to know who was having a private party at the Cali Grill that night? I wonder if it was someone famous or just someone with more money than me?

Have a great New Year's Eve!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:40 PM   #62
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

happy new year!!!!!
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2010, 03:44 PM   #63
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Kidani is such a beautiful resort! Your photos are great.

I the Yacht Club. I wish I were there right now

Happy New Year!!!

Old 12-31-2010, 03:56 PM   #64
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Hi there, I hope you don't mind a new reader. I am loving your report so far!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #65
Happydog
DIS Veteran

A Winter Summerland exploration, AKL, and GF!

So since we had time to kill before our dinner ressie at Jiko, DH and I thought we would do something we had never done, which is check out the minature golf courses! We stopped first at the Fantasia Garden course ... I didn't take pictures, but we walked the course and it was neat to see the set up. We went next, down the road, to the Winter Summerland course, which was really really neat!!!

These photos just give you a glimpse, since we were not playing, just walking the course, I felt a little silly taking photos, since there were players around. We had asked the CM if we could just check it out, and he said sure, just to be aware of the other players on the course... So we were, not trying to get into anyone's way, and it was neat to just explore it! I borrowed a few pics from other posts, just to give you a few more images... Of course the photo from my opening post in this TR was from this adventure... I hope to go with my kids sometime, because I think they would totally want to try it out! I keep thinking I took more photos than this, but I will go back and check. This is what I have so far... The theme is what would happen to the North Pole should all the snow melt, and then the same for is Summerland had a winter blizzard (kinda like our Snow storm last year!!!) It is really well done and fun to explore! I recommend this when it isn't crowded, obviously, because you can take your time! Evening seems perfect in my opinion.

About this time we were ready to head for dinner, so to Jiko’s we went!

Dinner at Jiko’s was great. HOWEVER they also were missing the mussels!!! BOOOOO second restaurant where the menu had changed… CRUSHED I was, but I managed to find something else on the menu!!! We skipped dessert this time, had a few appetizers and split an entrée. Wine with dinner made a nice compliment – Jiko’s is also high on AWESOME Atmosphere. I enjoy it immensely! Afterwards, we sat out in the lobby area, and I got some pictures, and then we headed back to the room.

I took a few more of the AK tree during the day, our last morning, and I know my camera doesn’t do it justice, but my how beautiful it is at the AK during Christmas. Just like at WL… Well okay everywhere…LOL!!! I just noticed on AllEars that there are resort pics from EVERY resort… I loved seeing what I have not seen myself!

The next day started somewhat similarly, we exercised, and then headed over to the Grand Floridian for brunch! Well a late breakfast at the GF Café. It had been DH’s suggestion earlier since we were going to MVMCP this evening to NOT do a table service dinner, just snack it around the MK. This way we could go early (at 4) and really get time in the park (taking advantage of the admission time for the special party events...) I was amenable to that, which is why we did Blue Zoo for appetizers and drinks vs. dinner the past few evenings, but he had also suggested breakfast. I wish he had told me that earlier, because of course I would have enjoyed seeing the Mad Hatter again! LOL! But 1900 PF was not available, and even as a walkup late, they didn’t have anything… they were behind in the seating apparently as it was, so it was just as well. GF Café was good, the Eggs Benedict were nicely done, and my mimosa perfect.

I of course took a few resort pics…. So pretty the GF, and of course the gingerbread house is so neat!!!

I wish I had been around this resort in the evening to see these deer in the poinsettias lit up at night! I am sure they are charming…

Tree!

So festive of course, and smells so good!!!! I could eat this roof!!!

We headed back to the resort, and made our way out to the pool… We had the best weather yet today, and we wanted drinks and our last day of pool time to count! Although we were not rushing to leave the next day, the next day was supposed to be a sharp dip in temps, so we would not get the chance to spend the time poolside…

NEXT UPDATE is MVMCP!!!!! HO HO HO!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 01-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #66
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
OOOH more wonderful Holiday Disney style to enjoy!! Glad you guys had such a relaxing time!!!

The resorts are just so beautifully decorated!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about the miniature golf adventure! I have always thought it would be fun to play mini golf at Disney LOL!!!
Disney sure knows how to do Christmas! The Miniature golf adventure would be a riot for you and LL!! I would totally go!!! We didn't play, b/c we were just exploring before dinner, but we plan to next time! The course is TOOOOO cute!! And I think with packages you get a deal for the Miniature gold courses? Like a free round? Can't recall..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Happy New Year to you and your family, Happy Dog! Thanks for pictures of the Yacht & Beach Club. I have read some comments from people disappointed in the YC decorations b/c they felt like the train and village were all things people could have in their own homes vs. a carousel made of chocolate. But I think it looks great in your pictures! What did you think?

Too bad Epcot won't let alcohol out of World Showcase. Must be open container/liquor laws or something. Although you could get a drink at Hurricane Hannah's and march right up to the gateway with it so not sure what the problem w/ doing it in reverse is?

Kidani really does look like a fun place to stay. Maybe... but it would feel like cheating on BCV. And there I have revealed the depth of my "sickness."
Oh the train is so neat. I think it is very elaborate and appropriate for this resort... I enjoyed seeing it again! Oh I wish I could bottle those slushies myself!!!

I did like it, and I bet you would too. I would say BCV in the spring, summer, and Fall, but AK or WL for the winter.... that would be how I solved that dilemma!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
All of these amazing pictures are just helping the last day of 2010 be wonderful, even with all of my people gone. I feel like I just took a nice walk around Kidani , and you kept Christmas going for another day with all of those resort decoration shots . Thank you very much for both.
Awww!!! Glad you are enjoying them!!! MEEEE tooo!!! I keep Christmas around my house for one more week. I take it all down the weekend after New Year. I don't have the heart to do it the same weekend. It all just makes me smile. I do plan to finish this TR tomorrow, though!!! I have to get on to my summer plans! I know there will be plenty of other Christmas fun to watch in WigD's posts and others!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Thanks for all the fabulous photos HD! Kidani looks really nice. Do you have a specific person that you rent your points from or is it a service/website? Right now I'm thinking of using Don's Hilton points at the DTD hotel for before our cruise, but if I can get a couple of nights at Kidani for a reasonable price I might be able to talk him into that.....hmmmm, something to think about!

Hope you and your family have a very Happy New Year!

Hi there! Well we have rented from a variety of sources, most recently from the same person -- a couple have been full weeks so they were not priced "per point" -- for a few days you only need a few points, but I think you'd be good with any owner on the DIS, provided they have done it before... We had luck on Craig's list, too -- but again that was for bigger chunks of time.. You would have to check to see what the points for those nights are, then see what rate you can get -- mostly $10.00 is the rate I see, but you can get less than that if people have points that are due to expire... I would say nose around

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
Happy New Year! Thanks for all the pics! I can't even imagine lounging around Disney with no kids and going to no parks! Wow! It looks absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad you guys were able to have that experience!

It was really fun, and somewhat hard b/c I was missing them more than normally I do when we go somewhere solo... but that was to be expected. I guess it really convinced me how much I like Disney!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 01-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #67
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Happy New Year, Key Chain Twin!

What a great group of updates! Giraffes and Gingerbread! Two of my favorite things! (Am I the only one who starts humming My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music whenever I type that? )
Ha! YES I agree two of my favorite things too!!!! NO, I hum that song all the time!

Quote:

That door decoration is really neat! Someone was very clever! I can't wait to see what you come up with for your cruise decorations. Are you going to decorate your door in February or just for the family cruise in June?
Wasn't that??!! I thought it was too adorable. YES I will be decorating for the family cruise, not the solo one. I think because it is a new ship, I want to get a sense of it, and it is apparently full. Sold out. I am a little nervous about that... I hope it isn't too crazy on board... We are going to rent a car and get to the terminal really early, so we get on board early -- trying to beat all the crowds coming on the cruise ship busses.... it is a holiday weekend, so it never occured to me when we booked it that it could be sold out...

Quote:

I am in love with those Kidani Christmas decorations! So pretty and exotic at the same time!

I really want to know who was having a private party at the Cali Grill that night? I wonder if it was someone famous or just someone with more money than me?

Have a great New Year's Eve!!!
The decorations in both AK resorts are truly neat... AND yes who would be havin that private party!!! I agree!!! WHO??!! Probably a little of both would be required to get that sort of attention!!!!

Hope your New Year's eve was festive, too

Last edited by Happydog; 01-02-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #68
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
happy new year!!!!!
To you as well! Happy and Healthy 2011!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Kidani is such a beautiful resort! Your photos are great.

I the Yacht Club. I wish I were there right now

Happy New Year!!!
Oh I wish I were there right now, too!!! I thought it was really pretty too... everything is though especially at Christmas time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Hi there, I hope you don't mind a new reader. I am loving your report so far!
Well HELLO! Of course please read, and thanks for saying HI! It is nice to know when people are following along!!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #69
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Nice update. You really did a good job of getting a lot of the holiday things into a short trip. We played WinterSummerland (both sides) on a chilly morning this past trip, so we got empty pictures of all the holes. It's pretty fun and the theming is very cool! I'm sure your boys would love it. Yummy Jiko! Love that place! Looking forward to hearing about your time at MVMCP!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 01-02-2011, 06:02 AM   #70
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yeay! More Christmas pics!!! The Winterland mini-golf course does look adorable! Something to think about if we can manage to make it down there for NYE next year! The kids love playing!

AKL and the Grand are just beautiful with their trees, and that gingerbread house -- I can almost smell it! I would gladly help you try to eat the roof!

I am so looking forward to hearing about your adventures at MVMCP!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #71
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeay! More Christmas pics!!! The Winterland mini-golf course does look adorable! Something to think about if we can manage to make it down there for NYE next year! The kids love playing!

AKL and the Grand are just beautiful with their trees, and that gingerbread house -- I can almost smell it! I would gladly help you try to eat the roof!
See, there are two things to put on your NYE trip agenda - golfing and roof-eating.

And did I read the word 'if'???
Leave your door unlocked tomorrow when you go to school.
I'm coming by to throw some more nickels under your couch cushions.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #72
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Nice update. You really did a good job of getting a lot of the holiday things into a short trip. We played WinterSummerland (both sides) on a chilly morning this past trip, so we got empty pictures of all the holes. It's pretty fun and the theming is very cool! I'm sure your boys would love it. Yummy Jiko! Love that place! Looking forward to hearing about your time at MVMCP!
Oh I am glad you played! It did look like fun -- we were just doing so much else, we couldn't make the time, but we'll plan on it for our next extravaganza I am sure! I bet you all had a good time!

Jiko is very good -- I love eating there!

Likewise! I am sure you were better at taking photos than I was for MVMCP!!!

Quote:

I am so looking forward to hearing about your adventures at MVMCP!
YES! the golf course would be fun I think!! I am amazed that you have a possible quest to get there for NYE! If Charles gives you the green light, why not!!?? That is too cool!

They are both really lovely resorts, I agree. There is plenty of Gingerbread to go around!!!

Old 01-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #73
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
See, there are two things to put on your NYE trip agenda - golfing and roof-eating.

And did I read the word 'if'???
Leave your door unlocked tomorrow when you go to school.
I'm coming by to throw some more nickels under your couch cushions.
YOU DID! Check out her post on her TR!!! Sounds like she has a possible lead....

Old 01-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #74
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Oh my... everywhere I turn on the DIS there is talk of NYE 2011 and enabling. Tough to resist!!

It's never even occurred to me to go mini-golfing. The courses look cute. They are Disney owned?

Love the pictures of AKL. And I love your solution of AKL/WL in the winter and BCV the rest of the year. Somehow the right answer is always more visits!

Yikes to your cruise being sold out. I am looking forward to hearing more about your plans!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #75
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

The Christmas decorations are just beautiful.
I the tree at the Grand. So pretty. It makes me sad that the new year is here and the decorations have to come down.

BTW, are you still considering a SWW trip?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: