Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #46
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I your Disney holiday photos!
That keychain is just too cute. I may have to head over to AKL to pick one up next summer.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #47
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

The Polynesian is just such a cool place any time of the year, but the festive and tropical mix at Christmas is extra pretty.

That game tree between Earl and Once Upon a Toy is a fun one.

We have enjoyed that zero entry spot at the AKL pool several times. Such a nice pool.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #48
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

The Poly was one resort that we never made it over to during our Christmas trip - the mix of tropical in the Christmas decor is really pretty!

Such a fun cute watch, and to come away with $$ in your pocket too - awesome!

A book and a drink poolside sounds awfully inviting right now.......
Old 12-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #49
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
Very Christmassy start to your TR! I love your decorations and cookie baking....gotta get me one of those Mickey cookie cutters! Awesome that you and DH got a little get away! Looking forward to more! :-)
Thanks! I was inspired by the season I guess! The cookie cutter is a fun one -- I am already planning for valentines day!! We did have a nice week, a little fun at Disney and then our training in St. Pete's where it was COLD! But regardless, we were away and that is worth any temperature!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
You can take me along any time you want!!! I'm always up for an adventure with your crew!!! Now to read your update LOL!
It's a plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I agree with you completely... Disney at Christmastime is something not to be missed. I may have to make plans for next year...

I really wish I lived in Florida.

Love your watch and the cute key chain.
Well, there you go! Make some plans!!! I know living in Florida would take care of half the problem, right??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Great update! You got a lot of resort-hopping done! Love the Monopoly card! That pool looks nice! How warm was it while you were there? Looks beautiful!

Yes, we went to MVMCP! We also did the sleigh ride at Ft. Wilderness, resort-hopping, and much more! Very fun!

I will definitely get a TR going soon--just have to finish my previous one first. And the PTR has some live updates in it too, if you want a sneak-peak!
I will certainly go see your PTR. YAY for the sleigh ride -- it was one of our favorite activities!!! so neat!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! We had great weather... it was near 80 two of the days, and then became quite cold the day we left. We really really lucked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yay for monorail resort Christmas decorations and shopping at DtD! I just love the gingerbread tree at the Contemporary! It looks so great with the Mary Blair mosaic in the background!

Now we have matching giraffes on our keychains! Cute watch! Very fun!
Oh! I remember you had one of these key chains too (B/C we compared notes last year!) BUT I didn't remember you got the Giraffe -- DUH. Fun! We match! I think it is so cute -- I really liked my monkey, not sure where he went
Remind me about the books you have CP, there is an Alice in Wonderland (Which I have) and didn't you say there was another which she illustrated?

Quote:

Great tree in front of Once Upon a Toy! We are such board game junkies at our house. LOL! Which reminds me -- Connor got the Lego Magikus game for Christmas from my parents! So cute and easy to play. We have played it like four times -- even Chelsea likes to join us -- you have to collect the ingredients for a spell. Your boys would probably love it! Just an idea to store away.

Anyway, back to your trip report -- how nice to just relax poolside all afternoon! Can't beat that!
Oh Griffin got the Harry Potter Lego game from his Gma, and this one sounds neat, too! I was going to order him Creationary for his B-day... But that does sound like a fabulous game! A fun one...

I do like that Christmas tree at DTD, there are other decorations too, I just didn't get too many! Kidani coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I your Disney holiday photos!
That keychain is just too cute. I may have to head over to AKL to pick one up next summer.
Well, they sell them at the Lodge, I suspect in the park, too. $8.00, and the beading is really neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
The Polynesian is just such a cool place any time of the year, but the festive and tropical mix at Christmas is extra pretty.

That game tree between Earl and Once Upon a Toy is a fun one.

We have enjoyed that zero entry spot at the AKL pool several times. Such a nice pool.
I agree, I like the Poly -- so neat inside! Very Retro! My DH says it reminds him of the Brady Bunch!! I did like the AKL main pool, but I will say, next time you can, go check out the Kidani Village pool area, too! The kid's play area is out of control COOL. I know I would have had to drag my kids out of there!!! I bet Brooklynn and Bella would love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
The Poly was one resort that we never made it over to during our Christmas trip - the mix of tropical in the Christmas decor is really pretty!

Such a fun cute watch, and to come away with $$ in your pocket too - awesome!

A book and a drink poolside sounds awfully inviting right now.......
The watch was just fun and made me smile, it is a perfect casual watch for me. The decorations are unique for sure.

Oh I agree, a drink poolside would be great! Especially in the cold!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 12-31-2010, 07:44 AM   #51
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh! I remember you had one of these key chains too (B/C we compared notes last year!) BUT I didn't remember you got the Giraffe -- DUH. Fun! We match! I think it is so cute -- I really liked my monkey, not sure where he went
Yes, we are key chain twins now! I also have one that has three metal animal print Mickey heads on it. Makes me smile to pull out my keys.

Quote:
Remind me about the books you have CP, there is an Alice in Wonderland (Which I have) and didn't you say there was another which she illustrated?
There is a Peter Pan one written by the same authors as the Peter and the Starcatchers and a Cinderella one written by Cynthia Rylant. I also have one called the Art and Flair of Mary Blair that talks about her life with lots of artwork included.

Quote:
Oh Griffin got the Harry Potter Lego game from his Gma, and this one sounds neat, too! I was going to order him Creationary for his B-day... But that does sound like a fabulous game! A fun one...
We have also been keeping an eye out for the Orient Bazaar game -- it looks really cute, but I haven't seen it in any stores yet, and I am not keen to spend the shipping and handling for it quite yet.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:09 AM   #52
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Back to why we came!!!

It was a fabulous day again pool side, and we spent the rest of the afternoon there, reading, with drinks, and actually watching all the pool antics that were going on. We had prime sun spots by the pool, and with ipods and no children, it was easy to just relax!

So on our way back from the pool, we meandered back to the room, and I took several photos…

Okay, ISN'T this TOOO cute??!! I love it! It gets me excited to decorate the cruise ship door....

Who wouldn't love coming up to your resort door and seeing that??!! I wasn't sure if someone made it, or if it was one of the Disney room decoration packages...

Here are just a random montage of all the decoration photos I took around the resort... I really would enjoy staying here again, and it seems that Kidani often has availability so for anyone considering a stay, I would !!!

This is the lounge area that DH relaxed in while I was shopping -- there is a fireplace, in a photo I posted further down... A cozy nook to be sure, with a nice view outside!!!

Christmas decor -- I love all of the festooned garlands!

Beautiful tree decor...

Now I will confess, while at the pool I was too selfish to take photos, but on our last morning, when NO one was going to be pool side that day (at least not as early as I was walking around!!! Brrrr!) I took these pool area snaps. I was really captivated with the pool area for kids. SO very detailed and FUN! Better than any others I have experiences besides BCV (for obvious reasons) and a lot like CBR... -- lots to explore...

The play area was covered in that soft pool surface, and there were lots of squirters around as well as big splash areas. I bet my kids would have a blast here!!

MORE in the next post!!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 12-31-2010, 08:30 AM   #53
Happydog
DIS Veteran

More second day fun!

Pool area continues! So many neat areas, and I loved the pool access areas, too, the exercise room, the position of the jacuzzi tubs, really nicely arranged... The pool had zero entry as well. And though small, it reminded me of BLT. I guess they expect guests to also go to the main pool at Jambo house as well...

Back to where we were standing on the veranda, we saw some of the great animals on the Savannah... I loved watching the various animals from this vantage point!!! Especially those Giraffes!!

It was a great afternoon, and as we were getting on towards 5 pm, we wanted to get inside, clean up, and head back to our cocktail hour spot!

We got cleaned up and headed back over to the Blue Zoo AGAIN for a repeat performance!!! But this time we went via Yacht Club/Beach Club – at DH’s suggestion, so I could see the decorations there… here are my snaps of the Yacht Club train set up...

My favorite closeup of the train!!!!

And the tree...

More in the next POST!!!

Old 12-31-2010, 08:35 AM   #54
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Our Resort tour at the Beach Club resorts continues!

So leaving the Yacht Club we strolled over to the boat dock. We took the boat over to the Dolphin this time, the sun was just starting to go down – it is a nice time of evening. Some of these are a little blury -- I was trying with and without my flash...

My photo and a random woman who walked right into it

After our adventure at Blue Zoo, we walked over to the Epcot entrance, DH was putting his strategic mind to work, wondering if we could pay a guest to bring us slushies to the gate , or how he could scale the wall behind France to crash the party…

Speaking of parties, we were actually TOYING with the idea of going back to Cali Grill… I know I know big surprise , but apparently that one night, the whole floor of the restaurant was BOOKED out. NO reservations accepted b/c of a PRIVATE PARTY… MY MY can you believe it?! What event was that I wonder… I would have loved to know… DH thought we should crash THAT party…. Our CM at dinner the night before had told us about it... I had asked about seating at the Cali Grill bar area, without an ADR, she told us it was really easy early on or late, so I was glad to hear that. We are staying at BLT for one night in February, before the Cruise. We have a dinner ressie already booked at Cali, but at the time I thought just sitting in the lounge area would be fun…

I am getting distracted, obviously!!! BACK to my TR! So alas, the thought of an Epcot 007 entrance adventure wiped from our minds, we consoled ourselves by walking back over to the Beach Club, this time, and went into their lobby...

They were giving samples of gingerbread... YUM... As I see these pictures again, I would love to have a gingerbread shingle right now!!! This horse, "Sweetie" is my favorite!

A few of the tree in the lobby. I didn't take too many pics, because I realized that I have tons of BCV lobby photos from last year, so if you want more to look at my 2009 TR has lots!

So unique the themed decor!

Next we still had time before our Dinner ressie at Jiko, so we explored two things we had never been to -- the minature golf areas!!! We went to both courses.. but the one I liked the best, was Winterland/Summerland... We will visit that in the next update!!!

I don't know that it will happen TODAY -- New Year's Eve preparations to do!!! BUT if not, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone, and I will be back this weekend!!!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 01-01-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 AM   #55
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
How fun to just head out and end up going wherever you want to!

Cute watch!
It was great fun, and I am sure you will have the same experience again, when you go on your Mom's trip!!!!

Quote:
Yes, we are key chain twins now! I also have one that has three metal animal print Mickey heads on it. Makes me smile to pull out my keys.

There is a Peter Pan one written by the same authors as the Peter and the Starcatchers and a Cinderella one written by Cynthia Rylant. I also have one called the Art and Flair of Mary Blair that talks about her life with lots of artwork included.

We have also been keeping an eye out for the Orient Bazaar game -- it looks really cute, but I haven't seen it in any stores yet, and I am not keen to spend the shipping and handling for it quite yet.
Thanks for the tips on the books! I wanted to get another one... re the key chain, YES! Fun for us -- code name! Key Chain Twins I love the beaded ones... I almost bought myself one of the beaded animals, but I wanted ornaments instead.. They are really pretty!

Orient Bazaar? I have not heard of that one yet! May have to scope out the store in DTD when I get there in Feb...

Old 12-31-2010, 09:49 AM   #56
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

OOOH more wonderful Holiday Disney style to enjoy!! Glad you guys had such a relaxing time!!!

The resorts are just so beautifully decorated!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about the miniature golf adventure! I have always thought it would be fun to play mini golf at Disney LOL!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 12-31-2010, 10:26 AM   #57
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year to you and your family, Happy Dog! Thanks for pictures of the Yacht & Beach Club. I have read some comments from people disappointed in the YC decorations b/c they felt like the train and village were all things people could have in their own homes vs. a carousel made of chocolate. But I think it looks great in your pictures! What did you think?

Too bad Epcot won't let alcohol out of World Showcase. Must be open container/liquor laws or something. Although you could get a drink at Hurricane Hannah's and march right up to the gateway with it so not sure what the problem w/ doing it in reverse is?

Kidani really does look like a fun place to stay. Maybe... but it would feel like cheating on BCV. And there I have revealed the depth of my "sickness."

Old 12-31-2010, 10:46 AM   #58
MeMom
DIS Veteran

All of these amazing pictures are just helping the last day of 2010 be wonderful, even with all of my people gone. I feel like I just took a nice walk around Kidani , and you kept Christmas going for another day with all of those resort decoration shots . Thank you very much for both.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #59
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the fabulous photos HD! Kidani looks really nice. Do you have a specific person that you rent your points from or is it a service/website? Right now I'm thinking of using Don's Hilton points at the DTD hotel for before our cruise, but if I can get a couple of nights at Kidani for a reasonable price I might be able to talk him into that.....hmmmm, something to think about!

Hope you and your family have a very Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #60
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year! Thanks for all the pics! I can't even imagine lounging around Disney with no kids and going to no parks! Wow! It looks absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad you guys were able to have that experience!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: