Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #31
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyandskyesmom View Post
Hi!

We do a Disney Tree too! I'm just not as on-the-ball as you with posting pictures!!!! Everyone knows...if it ain't Disney, it does not go on the tree!!!

I wish I had the patience for making cookies...especially with the kids! They look great! We did end up with a Mickey pumpkin cutter and a snow man Mickey cutter this year...I might just have to find a classic Mickey head cutter...and make my DH make them!!!!

I'll be reading along...waiting for the next 228 days till I get to Mickey's House!
Oh well this was my first Disney tree... I actually brought the tree with me to Disney World last year, in our BC villa where we stayed that week. It is a $40.00 tree from Target that I bought last year I them have been buying ornaments 2 -3 at a time each trip. This Nov/Dec trip I picked out 4 and was really excited to get home and set it up!!! I love that thiere is a Mickey SNOW man cookie cutter! TOO CUTE! I love the big blow up Mickey and Minnie santas on the MK entrance gate !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Can't wait to see your Kidani photos!
We're having a hard time not staying at BLT because of the 2 bathrooms in a 1 br. Kidani has the same set-up, so it's definitely appealing.
I'd love to stay there, but am wondering if it's too far from everything. Did you find Kidani too far?
It is really quite nice. I do agree that it is a little walk over to Jambo House to get food, for instance... but they have a refill station for soda at Kidani. I think they had coffee -- can't recall. We only got soda this time in our mugs, b/c we had coffee in the room... However I really liked it. Personally I really enjoyed the pool area, as well. the walk was fine. It also may depend on where your ROOM is... we were close on that end, now that I think of it... so if you are on the opposite side it could be quite a trek?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Oh my gosh HD, an intro and 2 updates already?! I feel so totally behind!

I love all your Christmas pics, your house is beautiful, looks like something you'd see in a magazine!

I just heard about the Blue Zoo not that long ago - might have been from you actually - I'd really like to try it, your drink sounds sooooo sweet though, how was it?
Oh you are not behind! I just got started!!! Thanks for the compliments, I enjoy decorating for Christmas... RE the Blue Zoo... yes the drink actually wasn't too sweet. I thought it would be, too, but it was a tangy sweet, if that makes sense... the zooberry was fabulous but sweeter in my opinion. I liked both, but probably zooberry more, b/c I love rasberries, etc.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 12-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #32
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I think I need your help sprucing up my house. It is in serious need of help these days -- the kids' rooms and bathroom are the only ones that seem pulled together anymore.
Oh I know that feeling! I swear, my kids sleep on better mattresses than we do!!! I remember the pics from this summer, very nice bedroom makeover!

Quote:

Sorry -- it's that Type A Personality I have!
I wish I were more type A -- I'd get more accomplished daily

Quote:

Christmas in a Fort Wilderness cabin would be perfect! to the sweater and no Splash Mountain. Luckily Disney does have heating inside all the attractions, shops, and restaurants.
I know! I really think it would be a fun change... we would bring our car so no trouble with the busses I think. I like the idea of it. But I am not sure I wouldn't rather be at the Wilderness lodge villas, either... Though I don't think we will be going back there in 2011... not for Christmas officially... I think our next trip will have to include Universal. But you know me. Never say never!

Quote:

What a perfect first day on your trip! I don't think it registered in my mind that you were staying at Kidani! How fun! What a nice relaxing start to hang out at the pool drinking and reading! I always love the gingerbread creations at Disney! Next year I must make it a goal to do a gingerbread house -- not that it will look anything like a Disney one. Crab nachos sound delicious! Was your Bazooka drink as sweet as it looks? Fireworks at Cali Grill!
It was a great day, and yes, we were able to get a studio at Kidani, and it was so incredibly reasonable, how could we say NO??!!

I'll share resort pics in the next posts, you'll see. It is nice. I'd stay again. I love the AK lodge area now. Really neat. makes you feel like you are somewhere else... it's got such a great feel to it.

OH DO make a gingerbread house! They are so fun! We make them each year, the boys and I... the icicles I painstakenly apply always "disappear" over the course of a week, but oh well. It looks pretty for a day! Then the boys can't wait until after New Year's so they can take a hammer to it

The Bazooka was sweet but not cloyingly so.... like I really thought it was going to be like cotton candy sweet. But it wasn't. the crab nachos were AMAZING. DH said we were coming back for those alone while we were eating them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Great start to your TR!

It looks like you had a great Christmas with the bonus of being able to start your report.

I love all the holiday decorations around WDW in Nov/Dec - I can't wait to see them in person some day.
Thanks, Amy! We did have a great time and it is fun to get this TR started!!! I should be done in the next few days! The decorations are beautiful. You are lucky though, you have seen the Flower Garden decorations, and I have never seen those!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
I'm looking forward to your Christmas trip report!

We stayed in a cabin back in Sept. and loved it! There is plenty of room and I loved having the kitchen. The bus situation there is unique, but once you figure it out it's not too bad. It takes more time but that is the only drawback! There are lots of activities going on there. It was a lot of fun! Rent a golf cart if you go!
We stayed in a cabin once, our very first trip with family. It was fun! It was an add on to a stay at the WLodge villas. We only spent two nights there, I have to say, but I agree, what you get is nice for the price. We had rented a car, so we had transportation. I would totally rent a golf cart and decorate it!! I saw such cute ones when we went on the sleigh ride and to the Hoop de Do.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #33
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I'm so glad that you linked this, I didn't want to miss out on the fun.

Your house is gorgeous and the cookies looked yummy.

The boys looked like they had a wonderful Christmas.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #34
Dugette
DIS Veteran

I'm here and enjoying your report so far. Your Christmas trip last year really helped us to plan what to see on our trip we took this December. Thanks!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 12-29-2010, 07:56 AM   #35
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

...you have seen the Flower Garden decorations, and I have never seen those!!!
You would love going during F&G time. After a gray Tennessee winter, seeing those beautiful flowers and that sunshine and my wonderful palm trees - it just signifies the official start of spring for me. It's such a different world and honestly just exhilarating! I am not a gardener by any means, but I love to look at all the bright flowers and just see the 'aliveness' of things again.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:26 AM   #36
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

WOOT WOOT I'm here!! I so would love to be at DIsney during Christmas time!! Going back to get all caught up!!

BTW Have I missed your link to your Cruise PTR...I can't find it LOL!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 12-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #37
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I'm so glad that you linked this, I didn't want to miss out on the fun.

Your house is gorgeous and the cookies looked yummy.

The boys looked like they had a wonderful Christmas.
Thanks! I am glad you found us!!! We did have a wonderful Christmas, I just wish there was some snow!!! I know I shouldn't wish for it after last year's snowmaggedon, but I miss it!!

I have lots of fun to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
I'm here and enjoying your report so far. Your Christmas trip last year really helped us to plan what to see on our trip we took this December. Thanks!
YAY! I am so glad! Hey!!! I didn't realize that you had a PTR/TR for your trip!!??!! I see the link in your signature, though, and will check out what I missed before you left! I hope you will post TR pics, too??!!

Glad you are here! Did you go to MVMCP??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
You would love going during F&G time. After a gray Tennessee winter, seeing those beautiful flowers and that sunshine and my wonderful palm trees - it just signifies the official start of spring for me. It's such a different world and honestly just exhilarating! I am not a gardener by any means, but I love to look at all the bright flowers and just see the 'aliveness' of things again.
Oh I know I would totally love it, I would be in my element. I LOVE FLOWERS!!!!

Well, some day I am sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOOT WOOT I'm here!! I so would love to be at DIsney during Christmas time!! Going back to get all caught up!!

BTW Have I missed your link to your Cruise PTR...I can't find it LOL!!!
Oh So glad you are here!!!! Oh no you have not missed that yet, I am like CP in that regard, I cannot keep two PTR/TRs going at once!! I am not that organized!! Once I finish this CHristmas one, I will start the next... it will include both cruises and Vero... and my Spring break trip to Italy!

Old 12-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #38
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Oh Good!! I was worried for a sec!!!! LOL!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #39
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Oh Good!! I was worried for a sec!!!! LOL!
HA!!! I'll be sure to make a big announcement when I do!!! Wanna go on the cruise with us, too?! You were a great travel partner at Disneyland!!

Old 12-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #40
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

Very Christmassy start to your TR! I love your decorations and cookie baking....gotta get me one of those Mickey cookie cutters! Awesome that you and DH got a little get away! Looking forward to more! :-)
Old 12-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #41
Happydog
DIS Veteran

A resort round about!

So let me start this post by saying…… “Can I say I just love how Disney does Christmas” ??!!

The decorations for Christmas are amazing. I LOVE them. So fun, so festive, really gets you into the spirit -- immerses you in the spirit! I was so excited to be back again this year to see them.

When we woke up , we headed over to the exercise facility to check that area out at Kidani. It is super nice! I liked it better than the one at Jambo house, b/c the windows and the view are fabulous! We then headed back to the room, for quick breakfast snacks (which I had picked up at the store on our way in) and I headed out to see some sights… DH meandered to the lobby, to relax with some of his writing and other work he needed to do, and we would meet in the room a little later so we could go hang out at the pool again.
Since I wanted to see the decorations again this year, I figured a good place to start would be the Monorail resorts. So I hitched a bus to the MK, and hopped on from there! First stop, the Contemporary!

I was sad that they had not made the gingerbread cookies they had last year – the different characters from “It’s a Small World” – they were too cute, so I didn't get the cookies, but I did get the Gingerbread tree photo. SO yummy looking!!!

A few minutes browsing the gift shop and I was ready to make my next stop! I walked through the breezeway and into Bay Lake Tower just to see what they did in that lobby…

Next stop was The Poly! What lush decorations there are here!

I really liked the tree and the way they incorporated the poinsettias into the tropical flora there inside the lobby.

I was intending to head to the Grand Floridian, but since we had breakfast there the next morning, I opted instead to head to Down Town Disney. OH boy...

Gotta love that blue sky! And the Christmas tree! What I wouldn’t do for this property!!!! I'd put a few hotels on it and let you all come and stay for free!!

During my trip to DTD, I had a mission. I had to get my watch (from our June trip) replaced. The swivel on the band was popping out and was not sticking. So I decided to talk with them about exchanging it – which they were happy to do of course, and I got a new model, which is much more my style!

I also had to replace my Monkey Key Chain I bought at the Animal Kingdom lodge last February when we made our Snowmageddon escape… He disappeared at some point this summer, so I bought the little giraffe instead when I returned to the resort.

Here are those two purchases (a photo I took at home).

The watch was a fun upgrade, in my opinion, though it was actually $10.00 less! So I walked out with money and a new watch! I also picked up the Holiday Mickey Sprinkles which you saw on my cookies, and more candy and a few other goodies for the boys stash to prepare for the upcoming Cruise (I will share those at the end!

I went into the Christmas store, of course, Goofy’s, and WOD. The watch swap took a little longer than I expected, and I was looking forward to shopping more, but frankly, the sun and the warmth were calling me, so, rather than go into Basin, or browse more in DTD, I headed back to Kidani, so I could enjoy the pool and some reading time…

It was a fabulous day again pool side, and we spent the rest of the afternoon there, reading, with drinks, and actually watching all the pool antics that were going on. We had prime sun spots by the pool, and with ipods and no children, it was easy to just relax!

Here is a pool pic from yesterday, the Animal Kingdom lodge main pool ...

MORE Resort pics, from Kidani coming up in the NEXT POST!!!

Old 12-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #42
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
HA!!! I'll be sure to make a big announcement when I do!!! Wanna go on the cruise with us, too?! You were a great travel partner at Disneyland!!
You can take me along any time you want!!! I'm always up for an adventure with your crew!!! Now to read your update LOL!

Old 12-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #43
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I agree with you completely... Disney at Christmastime is something not to be missed. I may have to make plans for next year...

I really wish I lived in Florida.

Love your watch and the cute key chain.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #44
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Great update! You got a lot of resort-hopping done! Love the Monopoly card! That pool looks nice! How warm was it while you were there? Looks beautiful!

Quote:
YAY! I am so glad! Hey!!! I didn't realize that you had a PTR/TR for your trip!!??!! I see the link in your signature, though, and will check out what I missed before you left! I hope you will post TR pics, too??!!

Glad you are here! Did you go to MVMCP??
Yes, we went to MVMCP! We also did the sleigh ride at Ft. Wilderness, resort-hopping, and much more! Very fun!

I will definitely get a TR going soon--just have to finish my previous one first. And the PTR has some live updates in it too, if you want a sneak-peak!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 12-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #45
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yeay for monorail resort Christmas decorations and shopping at DtD! I just love the gingerbread tree at the Contemporary! It looks so great with the Mary Blair mosaic in the background!

Now we have matching giraffes on our keychains! Cute watch! Very fun!

Great tree in front of Once Upon a Toy! We are such board game junkies at our house. LOL! Which reminds me -- Connor got the Lego Magikus game for Christmas from my parents! So cute and easy to play. We have played it like four times -- even Chelsea likes to join us -- you have to collect the ingredients for a spell. Your boys would probably love it! Just an idea to store away.

Anyway, back to your trip report -- how nice to just relax poolside all afternoon! Can't beat that!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: