Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #136
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Definately do it!! We would love to see your souvies
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I just want a shopping report... you are the queen of that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'll chime in with my pleas to Wigd! Like everyone has said, you don't have to do a conventional TR -- you could do themed highlights: shopping/souvenirs, silly pictures, pictures of people doing things they shouldn't.
EXACTLY what I was talking about!!!! Come on Anita... shopping and souveniers, please, these inquiring DISers must know!!! Or manpris.... though I am not sure they were out en force in December... Whatever you got you know we would love to see.... and dont forget your MVMCP cookie and cocoa photos for Jackie.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #137
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'll do it.
I might be able to start on it this weekend.
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #138
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
EXACTLY what I was talking about!!!! Come on Anita... shopping and souveniers, please, these inquiring DISers must know!!! Or manpris.... though I am not sure they were out en force in December... Whatever you got you know we would love to see.... and dont forget your MVMCP cookie and cocoa photos for Jackie.
A manpris.... a great spring break sight for you! Glad you are going to start a report of some shape this weekend.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #139
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

What a wonderful surprise, the dessert party! I love that he thought of it. I keep hoping someday Jeff will actually do somehting like that but I'm not holding my breath.

Those sugar cookies and cocoa look delish and I LOVE the windows, even with the glare it's so fun to see the displays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
NO I don't think you'd want the pool, but the Adult cafe and outlook bar are AWESOME... so I am sure you'll enjoy that too! How exciting for you! Alaska on a Disney cruise!!! I told DH about this itinerary but he wasn't too thrilled about Alaska -- he likes the Mexican Riviera cruise... but I think Alaska would be amazing!
We are very much looking forward to the adult cafe and bar and of course Paulo's. I don't even know if the pool will be open, that will be interesting to see.

Funny, Jeff was the opposite, not into the Riviera idea, which I've pitched more than once but he JUMPED on the Alaska idea on the first pitch. Go figure. Which means we have to do at least one float plane excursion.

Still, it's not exactly a relax pool drink trip and no castaway cay so I get where your DH is coming from. I'm thinking we will pack Bailey's instead of rum and make coffee drinks instead.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #140
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Ok, I'll do it.
Yippee!!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #141
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Ok, I'll do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
A manpris.... a great spring break sight for you! Glad you are going to start a report of some shape this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Yippee!!
Oh we twisted her arm! YAY YAY YAY !!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 01-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #142
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a wonderful surprise, the dessert party! I love that he thought of it. I keep hoping someday Jeff will actually do somehting like that but I'm not holding my breath.

Those sugar cookies and cocoa look delish and I LOVE the windows, even with the glare it's so fun to see the displays.
It was fun, and I wouldn't have done it or thought to have, but I am glad he came up with it! He also thought we should stay at BLT for one night before our Feb cruise, which was entirely his suggestion, who am I to interfer with a man and his plans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
We are very much looking forward to the adult cafe and bar and of course Paulo's. I don't even know if the pool will be open, that will be interesting to see.

Funny, Jeff was the opposite, not into the Riviera idea, which I've pitched more than once but he JUMPED on the Alaska idea on the first pitch. Go figure. Which means we have to do at least one float plane excursion.

Still, it's not exactly a relax pool drink trip and no castaway cay so I get where your DH is coming from. I'm thinking we will pack Bailey's instead of rum and make coffee drinks instead.
Paolo's is fabulous. AND dont get discouraged if you go to book and they are all booked up. the CMs I have spoken to suggest that they do not put 100% of the reservation slots online for prior booking. Which means there will be space, you may just need to be flexible about the night... just shoot for a night where you are on your second visit to a restaurant or the first, so you get to experience all locations. I personally would love to visit Alaska. DH not so much, and I think it is because he rode a motorcycle to Fairbanks... What can I say -- young and foolish are we in our twenties!!!

I am sure your kids will be just the right age to have some solo time and autonomy on the ship, which being Disney makes it easier to give them that, it is safe, etc. Hey, last year, while we were waiting to leave Port Canaveral, we ordered coffee drinks -- it was cold enough!! Sipping a coffee nudge watching for whales would be okay in my book!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 01-15-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #143
Happydog
DIS Veteran

The Parade and snowing on Mainstreet!

Next we walked back towards Main Street and found a spot for the parade. Right on Main Street outside the Emporium… The snow was falling!

I did make a quick stop in the Crystal Palace to get a photo of Tigger in the topiary…. I love his Christmas scarf!

While we waited, I took photos of the balloons and the street entertainers before the parade, here is the barber shop singers who came over to entertain us…

I really tried to get the best photos I could, but I did get caught up watching, too!

I got tired of dodging the woman in the purple shirt, too!!!!

MORE in the next post!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #144
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Happy Dog's best attempt at MVMCP parade photos continue...

Unfortunately my camera (or likely the photographer) doesn't do "night" pics very well.... my guess is that my camera can take better night photos, but the combination of speed, the moving CMs and floats, etc. and the dark probably doesn't suit an amature photographer like myself!!! I got better pics of the parade last year -- but it was daytime! And I didn't have the purple shirted lady to contend with -

After the parade we got some more hot chocolate (hey, I stopped counting cups!) and went towards the castle to see the show…

I had never seen this one before, and I am glad I did. SO cute and fun! I really liked having the chance to see it! FUN FUN!!

While we waited, I got a few photos around the castle. I liked these two I tell you, I could gaze at those lights all night! SOOOO pretty! SOOOO festive! I Christmas at Disney.

Castle show coming up NEXT!!!

BUT LOOK for it this weekend... Because for NOW, I have got to get on my business for the day!!! Swim lessons and soccer clinic!!!

The fun NEVER ends!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #145
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Great parade photos!
I all of the holiday decorations.
How many months till Christmas?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #146
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Your pictures turned out not back considering all you had to contend with Did I see you said snow was fallling, wow that would be fab on main street with flakes coming down, great effect

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
Old 01-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #147
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Great parade photos!
I all of the holiday decorations.
How many months till Christmas?
I know!!! I seriously think I am going to squirrel away to WDW again after this summer it might have to be in Dec again! It really is so pretty.

We will be planning a big summer trip I know, but it will likely be Disney/Universal.... I have to make sure BOTH boys are tall enough for Universal, that is the challenge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
Your pictures turned out not back considering all you had to contend with Did I see you said snow was fallling, wow that would be fab on main street with flakes coming down, great effect
Yes! The snow flakes do fall on Mainstreet for the evening parade! They do as well for Osborne lights too. Really festive at night!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #148
manntra
DIS Veteran

WHAT??????????? I didn't know about this report!!!!

You need to send me a bat signal or something!!! I kept thinking hmmmm didnt' she go again after CA?!!

Well I guess I know what I will be doing later tonight....catching up on your TR!! And wait....aren't you going on a cruise soon too?

Tracy
Old 01-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #149
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
WHAT??????????? I didn't know about this report!!!!

You need to send me a bat signal or something!!! I kept thinking hmmmm didnt' she go again after CA?!!

Well I guess I know what I will be doing later tonight....catching up on your TR!! And wait....aren't you going on a cruise soon too?

Tracy
Hey you!!! That is so funny. I was just thinking I hadn't seen you over here!! I was chuckling about something you said on one thread or another!!! We'll catch up! It is almost over But yes, DH and I cruising in a month and a bit...

I am so excited for your girls only Slushie do or die trip...

Old 01-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #150
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I need to go back in December just to see this parade, I'm still so bummed that I missed it! Thanks for sharing your pics, purple shirt lady would have gotten on my nerves too.......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: