Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #1
Tigger, he is oh so cute!
Talk about the Disney spirit!!
CdnDisneyFan's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 899

Canadian Country Gals Disney Birthday Adventure

Well folks, this is my first trip report, and its' a work in progress, but I thought I would share it with you all, from Nov of last year, photos will be included!!


After a short nap, and lots of anxiously awaiting, our friend picked us up at the ungodly hour of 3:30 am to drive us to Detroit Metro airport for our 6:25 am Southwest flight to Orlando, with a connection in Nashville. We arrived at the airport around 4:30, and had to wait for the Southwest ticket counter to open at 5:00 in order for us to check our bags, as we had already checked in and received our boarding passes online.

After finally getting our bags checked in, we made it through security with no problems, found our gate, and, as we had time to spare, had breakfast at Coney Island, which was fast, hot and delicious. After breakfast, we collected our belongings and made it back to the gate, just in time to board our flight. The flight to Nashville was uneventful, and after disembarking, we made it to our gate again, just in perfect time to board our flight to Orlando. Unfortunately, since we both had section “c” boarding passes, we weren’t able to sit together, but I was able to find a seat near the front behind a family with a very well behaved toddler, and near the end of the flight, I had to compliment the mom on his behavior, which made her day.

We arrived in Orlando in good time, and after CdnGoofyFan01 took a potty break, we headed downstairs to try to find the check in for Magical Express, and after a bit of confusion, we managed to find it, get checked in, and boarded the bus, and who should get on, but the family from the plane. The ride to our resort was awesome, and we were glad to get there.

We arrived, got checked in, and went to guest services to get our fridge swap fridge and Garden Grocer goodies, had Junior take them up to our room for us, we went to Everything Pop and got our mugs, and headed up to our room, 0319, in building 10, and find out when we got there, that we didn’t get our room key, so we had him put our stuff in the room while we went downstairs to get the keys finally. After getting them and almost getting lost getting back to the room, we got in, took one look and started doing the happy dance, lol. After we had semi calmed down, we took a breather, set up the fridge (thanks OllyG Karen for all the goodies you had enclosed), put our groceries away and relax, and then headed out to Hollywood Studios around 2pm.

Upon arriving, and getting thru bag check, we took lots and lots of photos, then entered the park. After getting our first Photopass photo taken, we headed straight for our favorite attraction, Great Movie Ride, and as usual, it didn’t disappoint! After that, we walked around a bit, taking everything in, and decided to try Toy Story Mania, the stand by line was 80 mins, but we got thru much sooner. What a cool ride, we both LOVED it. After that, we walked around some more, and decided we needed some food, as we hadn’t really eaten since 5:00 that morning, so we decided to use our first counter service credit at Toy Story Pizza Planet, the food was nothing special, and we definitely won’t be back there. I ordered the cheese pizza with Caesar salad, with the Mickey Head rice krispy treat for dessert, and also purchased the cool sports bottle out of pocket.

After we had walked around a while, we decided to go on Rock n Roller Coaster, which as usual was wild, and we both loved our photo, so we decided to purchase it. We walked around some more, I had to go to the camera shop to have them look at my camera, as it wasn’t taking pictures properly, they looked at it, couldn’t find anything wrong with it, but once we got outside the gate, I decided to take a test photo just for the heck of it, and lo and behold, IT WORKED, I think Jenny in the camera shop gave it some pixie dust, and I was SO relieved to have it working again.

We had a 7:25 pm ADR at Garden Grill, and had lots of time, so we took a resort bus over to Wilderness Lodge to scope the place,

and we LOVED it, would love to stay there if we could afford a deluxe. After looking around, we walked back to the bus stop to catch our bus over to Epcot for our meal.

After getting thru bag check, we took some photos and got into the park, and speed walked to get to our reservation, only to discover we were a bit early, and we had to wait a few minutes anyhow, it was good to be able to sit down and relax, let me tell you! Finally they let us know it was our time, we got seated, and Christina, our server took our drink orders, I ordered the Tinkerbell lemonade with the light up clip on Tinkerbell, and Bethany had a Corona. First, our salad and the bread arrived , and boy was it all yummy, while we were working on it, we had a visit by Dale himself first, and got a hug, and happy birthdays from him, and he “commented” on my tattoos. We were also visited by Pluto and Mickey
in the course of the dinner , which was PHENOMENAL btw, we now know why everyone raves about it, from the delish salad, to the yummy birthday dessert , it was all awesome. We even got cards signed by the 4 of them. All in all, the meal was wonderful, and we definitely recommend it, and it is already on our list of places to eat in future Disney trips.

After our delicious meal, it was getting close to closing time, but we had time for one ride. After finding out that Club Cool closed at 7 (HOW RUDE, lol), we headed on over to Test Track, stopping to watch Illuminations fireworks, WOW, what a sight, especially on our first evening there.

Test Track was a wild and crazy ride, and we both loved it, will go back again later this week.

We then followed the throngs to the exit, and found our way to the bus stop and back to our home for the week. We then changed into our pyjamas, set a wake up call for 6 am, and CRASHED.

Up next, Day 2 - Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch and Downtown Disney!

WDW too many times to mention all offsite.
11-02 ASMO, first time onsite!!
Sept 17-24 2005, Candy Cane Inn
Nov 15-22, 2010 Pop Century with my bestest friend to celebrate my birthday and her unbirthday, and with free dining too, how can we complain!
CdnDisneyFan is offline  

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.