Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
Raetz
Earning My Ears

Four Parks in One Day 12/18/2010

12/11 to 12/18 Pop Century

Me Disney Single Dad 41
DD 22
DD 17
DD 16

Observations
1. Very low crowds compared to same time 2008 and 2009. During evening 10pm-1am EMH 10pm-1am, on Monday the 13th Dumbo was a walk on and and many seats were empty.

2. CMs were all happy and very helpful and chatty.

3. Had amazing service at all table service restaurants which were, Boma (D), Askerhaus (L), Ohanna (D), 1900 Parrl Fare (B), Cape May (D), and Planet Hollywood (mediocre food). Plates were always cleared and drinks refilled before you even could ask. We were seated early at most restaurants

Ok, now for the four parks in one day. our goal was do three main rides, see one show, and one character greeting at each park.

We started at Disney Hollywood Studios rope drop. The kids rode Toy Story Mania while I got fast passes for Toy Story Mania. Then we rode Rockin Rollercoaster then Tower of Terror. Next we met Handy Manny and attending the Animation Academy show. We ended DHS with all of us riding Toy Story Mania using our fast passes. First park completed at 10:15 am.

The next park we hopped to was EP. After we entered the park we met Daisy and Stitch. We got fast passes for soarin'. Rode Living with the Land. Next we ate at Sunshine Seasons and loved the Turkey Pesto sandwich and desserts were awesome. Then we did Turtle Talk with Crush. After that we toured World Show case because there was some shows we wanted to hit and get pictures in the daylight. Since our fast pass for Soarin's window had not opened, we got a fast pass for Test Track, then headed for Animal Kingdom. We could of walked right onto Mission Space but everyone gets sick from it in my family.

At AK we went straight to the Festival of the Lion King. We were able to meet Mickey Mouse before the Lion King show. We caught the parade and then went on the Kilimanjaro Safari. The Safari was a walk on until right before we loaded. They must of been short of drivers because they probably weren't expecting all the late comers. Therefore, we waited 20 minutes for a truck to arrive and the line was backed up all the way to the stroller drop-off. After the Safari ride which turned out to be one of the top safari rides of this trip, we walked on EE and Dinosaur. Second park completed.

Back to Epcot. We went to on Soarin' with our fast pass and we got top row center. It was our last day of DDP and we had a lot left, so once again we ate at Sunshine Seasons and got more turkey sandwiches and desserts, YUM! Then we rode Test Track. Third Park completed at 7:30 pm.

Fourth and Final park MK. Took the monorail from EP to the TTC and then rode ferry to MK. Got fast passes for Space Mountain, and headed to Monsters Laugh Floor for our show. We watched the Wishes fireworks, but were not satisfying because of the fog. We then headed over to the Jungle Cruise, the best Jungle Cruise we have ever been on, Thanks to Skipper Erin (female). Non stop laughs from beginning to end, couldn't catch your breathe. Then we rode the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. We headed to Frontier land and rode Splash Mountain. When we crossed the bridge to SM the water cannons were off, but when we rode it the cannons were turned back on, we found out the hard way. Then we ate Pecos Bills and watched the Main Street Electrical Parade. Then we rode Peter Pan. We went to Toon Town and met the princesses and fairies all under 10 minutes. All played the character very well. Then we rode Space Mountain with the fast passes. Then we rode the Buzz ride twice in a row, and leisurely left the park looking in the shops.

All in all it was a great day. We did everything at a leisurely pace and completed everything we wanted. Four Parks in one was easier then I had expected it to be.

Jon
Raetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
PKS44
DIS Veteran

Awesome!- You didn't say, but I assume you had your own car, as hopping from park to park like that with Disney transportation would have eaten up 3 or 4 hours I should think.
PKS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Congrats on a great trip!

FWIW...... That EMH at the MK on 12/13 was deserted because it was windy and bitter cold. I think it would have been a different story without the record setting temps.

We were there the same week in 08 and found the crowds this year a little heavier than in 08, but with some lower points in the evenings on the cold nights. During the day that Monday we even had to wait in line for the Carousel and the TTA! I think the cold really encouraged everyone to be out in the middle of the day.

While I'd prefer sunny and 70, having low temps that evening resulting in lower crowds wasn't all bad. I had dreaded what the crowds would be like on that non-party night in the MK. Turns out....... not bad at all....... as long as you had chemical hand and foot warmers...... thermal underwear........ lots of layers....... and a blanket!

And congrats on your 4 park day........ in the RAIN no less!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #4
hill6
DIS Veteran

Great day. We did four parks on one day on our recent trip. We also paid for the water cannons the hard way

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
hill6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
Raetz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Congrats on a great trip!

FWIW...... That EMH at the MK on 12/13 was deserted because it was windy and bitter cold. I think it would have been a different story without the record setting temps.

We were there the same week in 08 and found the crowds this year a little heavier than in 08, but with some lower points in the evenings on the cold nights. During the day that Monday we even had to wait in line for the Carousel and the TTA! I think the cold really encouraged everyone to be out in the middle of the day.

While I'd prefer sunny and 70, having low temps that evening resulting in lower crowds wasn't all bad. I had dreaded what the crowds would be like on that non-party night in the MK. Turns out....... not bad at all....... as long as you had chemical hand and foot warmers...... thermal underwear........ lots of layers....... and a blanket!

And congrats on your 4 park day........ in the RAIN no less!
Thanks

Yes I am sure the cold scared people away, but it was considerably nicer than earlier in the day at Epcot. The wind that night was gone and it felt like a heat wave caompaired to that afternoon. We even rode splash mountain twice (water canons off).

Last edited by Raetz; 12-25-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I loved what you did with only Big Thunder Mountain missing for me. I've done three parks but haven't tried four yet. It sounds like a blast.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #7
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
The Safari was a walk on until right before we loaded. They must of been short of drivers because they probably weren't expecting all the late comers. Therefore, we waited 20 minutes for a truck to arrive and the line was backed up all the way to the stroller drop-off.
OT: Animals may block the driving paths and cause a delay to the safari trucks and resulting backup in the guest boarding queues.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:02 AM   #8
crazycatlady
DIS Veteran

I am glad you had a great trip!

On our 1st 3 trips to DW, our last day was our designated "whirl-wind tour" day. We would each write down our 3 favorite rides from each park and then make a master list with all the favorites. The favorites lists overlapped quite a bit, so there weren't 12 rides listed at each park. Some parks there were only 4 or 5 and some like the MK had a lot more. It was a great way to end our trips, but very tiring with young kids. BTW, we always have a car at DW.

November, 2013-Wilderness Lodge
October, 2012- POP Century
October, 2011- POP Century
October, 2010- POP Century
October, 2009- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
October, 2003- Off-site Marriott Grande Vista
February, 2001-Off-site Marriott Royal Palms
October, 1999- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
crazycatlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #9
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Congratulations- Sounds like an awesome day!!! Great planning. Love Sunshine Seasons.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #10
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

I've done all four Disney parks plus DTD in one day as well as starting my day driving from Miami to Tampa doing a couple of coasters in Busch Gardens then driving to Orlando and doing Sea World for a couple of hours before driving to Universal to do both IOA and USF.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #11
kathy884
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raetz View Post
Ok, now for the four parks in one day. our goal was do three main rides, see one show, and one character greeting at each park.

Jon
It sounds like it worked great. Very impressive! Sounds like a blast. Glad you had such a good time.
kathy884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #12
Raetz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKS44 View Post
Awesome!- You didn't say, but I assume you had your own car, as hopping from park to park like that with Disney transportation would have eaten up 3 or 4 hours I should think.
Thanks

Yes, used own car except for EP to MK when we went by monorail.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: