Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #121
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post

I think we just used it as general vacation funds, but I really don't recall what it was all used on. I know I bought a couple of pins with it.
I'm sure Bambi will assist me with remembering.
We used it to purchase an adventure for our children and pictures that am sure will come in the next update. Will there be a next update?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #122
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about, but I agree. Now that it has been brought up you can't leave us hanging.

Yes. Yes I can
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #123
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Yes, well... Um, you've haven't seen our productions or their budgets, have you?
The church childcare recruitment one was very well done. I totally would not leave my kids with the main character. Who oddly enough wore a shirt that bears a striking resemblance to your DISBoards avatar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3yore View Post

Yes. Yes I can
No, no you can't.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #124
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Resorts Day - December 5 - Part 3 (Back to the Fun!)

Well, when I left off I had finally put of the check-in headache behind me. This is vacation, darn it! It's time to have fun!
While I was waiting for the last set of keys to be made, I got a text from Bambi, saying that they were taking the kids to the pool. After getting back to the treehous....WAIT A MINUTE! I never posted pictures of the Tree House, did I? It's not something I typically do, but I do recall getting a few requests for pictures, so here you go...
(by the way, since I don't usually post pictures of the hotel rooms, I didn't actually take any. These were all borrowed from Kaylene's Facebook page...)

The kitchen:

Living room (both the couch and chair fold out into beds), with the door to the master bedroom in the backgroud

3rd bedroom (there would have been plenty of room for that twin size air mattress that we left at Grandma & Grandpa's house. No matter, all 3 kids fit just fine in here)

TV in the 3rd bedroom.

2nd bedroom:

Fancy headboard on the bed in the 2nd bedroom:

Bathroom sink: (I really love that faucet!)

Bathroom shower:

Towel Mickey on the master bed:

Master bathroom:

Tub/Shower in master bathroom. One glaring mistake that Bambi's dad immediately pointed out: see that little strip of green between the tub and the wall? It's about 3/4" below the tub, and there is no drain. Basically, whenever you take a shower, it fills up with water and it has not where to go. Bad design there, Disney.

Master bedroom, looking out from the bathroom. I'll have some pictures of our view out that window coming up later.

Living Room again (looking out from the master bedroom). I really like the end tables they had. The looked like tree stumps.

Dining Room table (slightly loaded down with our stuff as we unloaded the cars)

The kids enjoying the top bunk with some of the balloons we got at check in.

So, there you have it. A mini-tour of the inside of a Tree House Villa. Now, back to what ever it was I was saying just a minute ago...

I got back to the Tree House to find Grandma & Grandpa on the couch, watching football. The day was December 5, and like any good vacation, I totally forgot what day of the week it was. During one of my lobby-waiting adventures, I decided to stave of the boredom by checking what was happening in the outside world on my Blackberry. What's this? It's Sunday and the not only are the Packers playing, but beating the 49ers pretty good. (On a side note, what do you think of those Acme Packers throwbacks? Pretty sweet, huh?)

Well, I grabbed my swimming gear and headed back over to Saratoga Springs. The Tree Houses have their own pool, but it's just a pool - no slide or anything - so Bambi, Kaylene & the kids went over to the main pool, High Rock Springs. It's a nice, large pool area with a good sized slide winds you around large rocks and vegetation. (Sorry, no pictures. We didn't even grab the camera). I met up with them, changed into my suit and we swam around for about 15 minutes or so. By that time, the sun had disappeared behind the Carriage House and it was getting chilly. And that's coming from a native Wisconsinite, so you know it was cold out!

We dried off and drove back over to the Tree House to get ready for dinner. I'll try to have that update later today.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #125
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
The church childcare recruitment one was very well done. I totally would not leave my kids with the main character. Who oddly enough wore a shirt that bears a striking resemblance to your DISBoards avatar...
Thanks! I wouldn't leave my kids with that moron, either. But I'm sure you still noticed the low-budget quality of the video.

Quote:
Bathroom sink: (I really love that faucet!)

Quote:
One glaring mistake that Bambi's dad immediately pointed out: see that little strip of green between the tub and the wall? It's about 3/4" below the tub, and there is no drain. Basically, whenever you take a shower, it fills up with water and it has not where to go. Bad design there, Disney.
Boy, that one really makes no sense. I can't come up with any reason why they'd do that.

Quote:
So, there you have it. A mini-tour of the inside of a Tree House Villa. Now, back to what ever it was I was saying just a minute ago...
Cool! Looks like a great place to stay. Both rustic and comfortable. And I don't remember what you were saying before, either.

Quote:
(On a side note, what do you think of those Acme Packers throwbacks? Pretty sweet, huh?)
Well, I'd certainly throw 'em back.

Quote:
(Sorry, no pictures. We didn't even grab the camera).

Quote:
By that time, the sun had disappeared behind the Carriage House and it was getting chilly. And that's coming from a native Wisconsinite, so you know it was cold out!
Oh, come on. I thought you guys went ice-fishing bare-handed.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #126
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Nice update Barry! But tisk, tisk, no room pictures?!? And having to snag some off of Kaylene's FB page just to post them? Wow.

Did she get one from the TOP of the end tables in the living room - so that everyone can see what they look like? Hmmm? No? Bummer. A nice big ole hidden Mickey there, that's what it is.

And you're right, the pool over there is pretty basic

But since they weren't really able to do much over there until they found a way to rebuild them and actually reduce the overall footprint, it makes sense that nothing special was done to the pool.

Looking forward to more!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #127
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

nice update barry! one day ill venture away from okw!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 01-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #128
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Well, when I left off I had finally put of the check-in headache behind me. This is vacation, darn it! It's time to have fun!
Fun wasn't standing in line, having no-working keys, and going back to the check-in desk 5 times?

Quote:
Loved the pictures! It looks very nice in there!

Quote:
(On a side note, what do you think of those Acme Packers throwbacks? Pretty sweet, huh?)
Besides that fugly circle on the front I actually like them.

Quote:
By that time, the sun had disappeared behind the Carriage House and it was getting chilly. And that's coming from a native Wisconsinite, so you know it was cold out!
As I recall, Sunday was one of the warmer days....

Great update!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #129
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well, I grabbed my swimming gear and headed back over to Saratoga Springs. The Tree Houses have their own pool, but it's just a pool - no slide or anything - so Bambi, Kaylene & the kids went over to the main pool, High Rock Springs. It's a nice, large pool area with a good sized slide winds you around large rocks and vegetation. (Sorry, no pictures. We didn't even grab the camera). I met up with them, changed into my suit and we swam around for about 15 minutes or so. By that time, the sun had disappeared behind the Carriage House and it was getting chilly. And that's coming from a native Wisconsinite, so you know it was cold out!
We (meaning me) did grab the camera. I even tried to take pictures but the battery was dead. We really should replace that thing.

Quote:

Glad it was not me that said it.

Quote:
Only people with really expensive trucks, 4-wheelers and snowmobiles ice fish. If you do not have these very expensive toys then you have nothing to drag out of the lake. Barry has mentioned a few times on here that he is cheap and therefore does not own these very expensive temporary man made reefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

As I recall, Sunday was one of the warmer days....
It was warmer than the rest but it was cold when you got out of the water. At least the kids got one day to swim.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #130
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm here (thanks to the pic on Tim's thread). Now I have to go back and read (I may not comment until tomorrow).

***Okay, I finished so I can comment tonight.

First, it is VERY hard writing on yoru TR since you are a Packer fan.

And I agree with Mark--get rid of those "throwback uniforms".

But any friend of Tim and Mark's, etc., can't be all that bad. Wait, maybe I should have said all that "good?"

Love the fact you were able to get your different flavored shakes at WCC. We had the bottomless chocolate one; unfortunately, it was the ONLY part of the meal we liked.

Looks like the kids had a great time on the ponies; good thing that they weren't with you with all that mess with checking in. Glad they did something for you, but they should have done more.

Love the photos of the Treehouse Villa...that is the first time I've seen the inside of one.;

Last edited by KatMark; 01-25-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #131
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Joining in! (From Tim's TR)

Interesting, we checked in that weekend (over at All Star Movies) and had the worst time too. Kind of glad to hear it wasn't just us! It took us an hour to check in...then they gave my cousin and I a King room...so back we went! I totally feel your pain.

We stayed at the Treehouse villas back in the 90s. My Mom would love to see these pictures of the new villas!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #132
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Boy, that one really makes no sense. I can't come up with any reason why they'd do that.
My guess is that the decorators decided how everything should look before running it by anyone in Walt Disney World Plumbing. (Come on, the resort is 47 square miles, has 4 theme parks, 2 water parks and 15 hotels. You don't think they have their own plumbers?)

Quote:
Cool! Looks like a great place to stay. Both rustic and comfortable.
We loved it. Lots of room...even having 8 people in there it never felt like we were on top of each other.

Quote:
Of course they can't hold a candle to the classic Green & Gold, but they're better that some throwbacks. Tampa's cream sickles, anyone?

Quote:
We used to, but the Department of Natural Resources decided it was an unfair advantage and handicapped us by making us use poles and bait.

On a related note, I had so much luck one year with a certain hole that I drilled in the ice that I used that same hole the next winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Nice update Barry! But tisk, tisk, no room pictures?!? And having to snag some off of Kaylene's FB page just to post them? Wow.
Yup, I'm a thief. But at least I'm an honest thief.
I'll make it a point to take pictures of Kidani village in June for that TR, just for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Did she get one from the TOP of the end tables in the living room - so that everyone can see what they look like? Hmmm? No? Bummer. A nice big ole hidden Mickey there, that's what it is.
I don't see one. Feel free to post one if you have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
nice update barry! one day ill venture away from okw!
Really, Dave? I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Fun wasn't standing in line, having no-working keys, and going back to the check-in desk 5 times?
You have an odd sense of "fun"...
Old 01-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #133
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
We (meaning me) did grab the camera. I even tried to take pictures but the battery was dead. We really should replace that thing.
Yes, dear.

Quote:

Glad it was not me that said it.

Quote:
Only people with really expensive trucks, 4-wheelers and snowmobiles ice fish. If you do not have these very expensive toys then you have nothing to drag out of the lake. Barry has mentioned a few times on here that he is cheap and therefore does not own these very expensive temporary man made reefs.
She wouldn't even let me take the rented SUV out on the ice a few weeks ago. I wonder if paying for the added insurance covers you if it falls into a lake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here (thanks to the pic on Tim's thread). Now I have to go back and read (I may not comment until tomorrow).

Quote:
First, it is VERY hard writing on yoru TR since you are a Packer fan.
If it helps, my wife (E3yore) is a Bears fan.

Quote:
But any friend of Tim and Mark's, etc., can't be all that bad. Wait, maybe I should have said all that "good?"
Tim's not my friend. He's my nemesis.
And Mark just lets me hang around and bask in his awesomeness.

(did you see that - I even typed that sentence with a straight face! Of course, I was biting the inside of my cheek the entire time...)

Quote:
Love the fact you were able to get your different flavored shakes at WCC. We had the bottomless chocolate one; unfortunately, it was the ONLY part of the meal we liked.
We've been there 3 times and always had a great time and good food.

Quote:
Love the photos of the Treehouse Villa...that is the first time I've seen the inside of one.;
Glad I could provide that for you. They really are great places to stay - especially with the kids that age. We can let them run around the whole villa and be as loud as they want. Since you're not sharing a wall with anyone else, there's no way they can bother the neighbors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Joining in! (From Tim's TR)

That picture sure has attracted some attention, huh?
Quote:
Interesting, we checked in that weekend (over at All Star Movies) and had the worst time too. Kind of glad to hear it wasn't just us! It took us an hour to check in...then they gave my cousin and I a King room...so back we went! I totally feel your pain.
Computer upgrades never go smoothly. I can only imagine the headaches Disney was having behind the scenes.
Quote:
We stayed at the Treehouse villas back in the 90s. My Mom would love to see these pictures of the new villas!
Feel free to share!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #134
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Well, quit your whinin' and get to the good stuff then.

Quote:
Now, back to what ever it was I was saying just a minute ago...
I think it was something about cheese...

Quote:
Ok, 2 things here... you didn't realize it was Sunday and that the Packers were playing??? Youre no fan... you shouldn't even be allowed to watch them play in the Super Bowl. Secondly... I kind of agree with Tim on the unis. They make interesting throwbacks, although I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out who was playing the 49ers and trying to adjust the color on my TV once I figured out it was the Packers.

Quote:
I wouldn't want to drive a cheap truck, 4 wheeler or snowmobile out onto a lake with nothing between me and freezing water but a layer of ice. Now if I had some kind of a cool amphibious vehicle... maybe.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #135
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
She wouldn't even let me take the rented SUV out on the ice a few weeks ago. I wonder if paying for the added insurance covers you if it falls into a lake?
Because I know that only expensive things go through the ice. And forgive me for wanting to keep my children (and you) safe. If you went through the ice you would have died (either by the ice or me).

Quote:

If it helps, my wife (E3yore) is a Bears fan.
Someone has to be the voice of reason in the house.

Quote:
Tim's not my friend. He's my nemesis.
And Mark just lets me hang around and bask in his awesomeness.

(did you see that - I even typed that sentence with a straight face! Of course, I was biting the inside of my cheek the entire time...)
Then why do we keep meeting up with Tim at WDW?

You killed your battery from all the texts the first time.

Quote:
Glad I could provide that for you. They really are great places to stay - especially with the kids that age. We can let them run around the whole villa and be as loud as they want. Since you're not sharing a wall with anyone else, there's no way they can bother the neighbors!
I agree. We should go back. What do you say? I think I am free next weekend. Or this weekend. Heck, I will free my schedule. Anytime you want to go I am good.

Quote:
That picture sure has attracted some attention, huh?
Would you stop using that picture. How am I suppose to embarrase him at his graduation or wedding if it is already all over the internet?

Quote:
Computer upgrades never go smoothly. I can only imagine the headaches Disney was having behind the scenes.
I have an idea. You should apply to work there. You could have made it run smoothly. And if not that's fine too. The kids and I will be at the Parks while you work.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: