Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Keurig people-- AVOID Grove Square Coffee!!!

I bought this coffee this weekend (at Walmart). It was a little cheaper and the box was pretty. What can I say, I am a sucker for good marketing and not very picky about my coffee.

Except for one thing.

THIS IS INSTANT COFFEE *imagine a gagging smilie here*

BLECH! There were grounds in my cup and when I took the Kcup out of the machine it felt too light so I opened it and it was empty! No filter, no coffee grounds, nothing! I thought it was a manufacturing defect so I contacted the company and then did a google search and found out that the words:

Quote:
"Naturally Roasted Soluble and Microground Coffee"
found in small print on the box is a euphemism for INSTANT Coffee *imagine gagging smilie here*

Do not buy this swill! I hope I have saved others from suffering as I did.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
Breezy_Carol
Who needs doors when you can use windows
Bugged by ticks
I had a dog that ate wood screws once

Thanks for the warning.

Breezy_Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I made the same mistake. My supply of coffee is running low and I'll soon have to use these as a last resort unless it stops snowing. Yikes!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
cc1013
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the warning! Much appreciated!

Past Disney Trips:
March 2009 - WDW (Swan)
March 2008 - WDW (Dolphin)
Labor Day Weekend 2007 w/ Free Dining - WDW (WL)
April 2003 - Disneyland Paris
December 2002 - WDW (GF)
November 1999 - Disneyland
1984-1998 - WDW 9 times (offsite 1x, POFQ 4x, POR 1x, WL 3x)
cc1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
monkeyboy
Strangely fascinated by zombies...

Nescafe?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

Yes and it doesn't work well in some Kuerig machines. I returned 3 thin king it was the machine. Turns out there must be a slight difference in the Grover Square k cup because the machines did not like it at all.
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #7
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
Nescafe?
YEP! BLECH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rie'smom View Post
Yes and it doesn't work well in some Kuerig machines. I returned 3 thin king it was the machine. Turns out there must be a slight difference in the Grover Square k cup because the machines did not like it at all.
That slight difference is that there is NO FILTER! There are just some grounds that are supposed to dissolve when the water goes through, but that doesn't always happen. I think it is probably likely they will not work on all machines. Sometimes they get stuck and jam up the hole where the liquid is supposed to come out at the bottom of the cup, which by the way causes hot liquid to come out of your coffee maker at all angles and makes a huge mess OR they don't dissolve or get stuck so you have floating chunks in your cup. *imagine gagging smilie here*

Apparently the company is being sued by Green Mountain/Keurig for patent infringement? (something like that) This company seems to think that since they don't have a filter and are basically instant coffee they aren't violating any laws. I have a feeling that they won't be making this product long. I couldn't find one positive thing about them when I did a search. And why on earth would you take just as long to have INSTANT coffee as it takes to have fresh brewed? If you like Nescafe that much then just put it in your coffee cup and use the machine for the hot water.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Worth a bump so others don't get duped like me!

I know this is old news for some, but this product just appeared in my grocery store this week at a great price so we gave it a try. My husband isn't real picky with his coffee, and it was such a good price so I thought worth a try. Boy did we get duped. Started googling around after the first nasty cup and found all sorts of bad reviews. I will be returning this on my next trip to the store.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #9
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
Worth a bump so others don't get duped like me!

I know this is old news for some, but this product just appeared in my grocery store this week at a great price so we gave it a try. My husband isn't real picky with his coffee, and it was such a good price so I thought worth a try. Boy did we get duped. Started googling around after the first nasty cup and found all sorts of bad reviews. I will be returning this on my next trip to the store.
Sorry, I tried to provide a warning! You might want to email the company. I did get a full refund from them and didn't even bother returning it to the store. Besides I figure the more people they hear from, and have to compensate, the more they may do to make it clear what their product really is.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
theallens5
Earning My Ears

I was really excited when I bought this at the store tonight but became sceptical when I took out one of the cups at home and it sounded like instant coffee. Thought I would google it first before trying it in the morning and was surprised to see a link on the DIS board. I will take it back as soon as I go return to the store. I wish I had seen it sooner but I thank you all for the comments.
theallens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #11
theallens5
Earning My Ears

Update: I brought the box of faux K-cups back to Walmart today and it was evident by the reaction from the customer service associate that I wasn't the only one dissatisfied with this product. It will be interesting what becomes of this situation.
theallens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
mommalou71
Earning My Ears

ditto to everyone!!!!! No filter , instant coffee, complete junk!!!!! I first thought my brand new machine had malfunctioned, because it didnt make a full cup. when i emptied the k-cup , it was completely empty. this could have damaged my machine!!!! you wouldn't put dollar store brand oil in a BMW, so if you care about your keurig machine, please don't use Grove Square Coffee!!!!!
mommalou71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #13
ygal
"Walk in the Light"

Thumbs up Grove Square coffee

I'm surprised to read everyone's comments; I tried this coffee not too long ago and just fell in Love with its distinctive flavor; instant or not I think its really delicious
ygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #14
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

If I am remembering the brand name it seems this coffee was taking over the K cup section at my local Walmart. I wondered about it but got Green Mountain Golden French Toast at Target instead (haven't had it yet but so far Green Mountain has not let me down). Glad to know this so I don't waste my money on it.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #15
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut36 View Post
If I am remembering the brand name it seems this coffee was taking over the K cup section at my local Walmart. I wondered about it but got Green Mountain Golden French Toast at Target instead (haven't had it yet but so far Green Mountain has not let me down). Glad to know this so I don't waste my money on it.
The French Toast one is very maple-y(yep...just made that up).

I liked it though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: