Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #121
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

great update!!

I'm sorry for the issues at LC We had issues at Ohana before with ADRS. I had booked 2 different times for party size and the one that I called to cancel was never canceleld. They gave us a pager, never wrote down the pager number or checked us in. After 45 mins the pager went off but was for another family. They said that we didn't check in even though we did and were seated at a HUGE table for 6 when there was 4 of us. After that the meal was just a disaster from the service, to cold food, and it taking 2 hours to see the characters!

I'm glad that you guys got yours sorted out! I'm hoping they still have the mushroom steak for lunch in March. I hear the menus might be changing with it changing to Sig for Dinner..we shall see though! We haven't been to LC since 2007!

I'm glad to hear you liked Jodi! She was one of our choices too I think but it was only for Thurs night which was our arrival (9th) so we couldn't go. Steven Curtis Chap. was our other option besides Whoopi but I'm glad we went with her...CLP is expensive!!!!!! It was pretty chilly when were there on the 11th. My dad mentioned that it was the first time in the 3 years that we've gone (the same weekend) that we didn't see anyone pass out. Last year it was in the 80s/90s that weekend and we counted 15-20 people who passed out in our show with Chita Rivera! The year before wasn't too bad, less than 10 I think.

Thanks again for the pearl link! I almost had to send you a message asking how to get them open because we couldn't figure it out! My mom finally was able to pop it open but that could be because she has nails and I don't..hm..haha. Thanks

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 01-28-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #122
stephielela
DIS Veteran

It's funny, Jack was REALLY difficult at Le Cellier too! I was really frustrated since this was a meal we were really looking forward to!

Glad you got in, despite the difficulties. I was so worried about having trouble with my ADR's, but we got lucky, not a single glitch!

It seems liek the line for CPP is ALWAYS past Japan! It is for us anyways!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #123
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Great update!! I am so disappointed that we didn't realize we were both at LE Celier! I guess that means you need to plan on going back the same time of year in 2013. We can try that whole thing again! LOL I think it must have been something in the air at Le Celier. Gavin and Brenda were both acting up in there. I was probably "yelling" at Gavin when you heard me! We even got hte cute light up drinks for them there. That didn't help at all. It just seemed they were having "one of those nights". We did end up buying one of those big red and black blankets in Canada so we could cuddle up and watch Illuminations!
i am sure we will be there in 2013 at some point, unless we cruise instead of save our points! we have 200 pts a year to burn! maybe it was just an off night for the kids, who knows! so glad you had a good meal and enjoyed Illuminations though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRed95 View Post
Sorry for the drama with the Le Cellier ADR. I would have been stressed too! I'm glad they were able to accommodate all of you! I would love a bowl of their cheese soup right about now!

The Candlelight Processional looks beautiful. I haven't seen it since I was there on the College Program. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.

Sounds like you guys had a great day!
yeah, the first and last time i saw it was on my college program too- in 1996, Louis Gosset Jr. was the narrator at the time (and very good!). i was glad i got to do it again, and i am good on skipping it for a few years now. It is one of those every few years type of things for me. who did you see narrate? I wish i could see Edward James Olmos, he usually does Christmas Eve or day. I am a big Battlestar Galactica fan (i know, total sci-fi NERD, who would have thunk it?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
great update!!

I'm sorry for the issues at LC We had issues at Ohana before with ADRS. I had booked 2 different times for party size and the one that I called to cancel was never canceleld. They gave us a pager, never wrote down the pager number or checked us in. After 45 mins the pager went off but was for another family. They said that we didn't check in even though we did and were seated at a HUGE table for 6 when there was 4 of us. After that the meal was just a disaster from the service, to cold food, and it taking 2 hours to see the characters!

I'm glad that you guys got yours sorted out! I'm hoping they still have the mushroom steak for lunch in March. I hear the menus might be changing with it changing to Sig for Dinner..we shall see though! We haven't been to LC since 2007!

I'm glad to hear you liked Jodi! She was one of our choices too I think but it was only for Thurs night which was our arrival (9th) so we couldn't go. Steven Curtis Chap. was our other option besides Whoopi but I'm glad we went with her...CLP is expensive!!!!!! It was pretty chilly when were there on the 11th. My dad mentioned that it was the first time in the 3 years that we've gone (the same weekend) that we didn't see anyone pass out. Last year it was in the 80s/90s that weekend and we counted 15-20 people who passed out in our show with Chita Rivera! The year before wasn't too bad, less than 10 I think.

Thanks again for the pearl link! I almost had to send you a message asking how to get them open because we couldn't figure it out! My mom finally was able to pop it open but that could be because she has nails and I don't..hm..haha. Thanks
wow at people passing out during the show- like the choir folks i guess? Probably mixure of nerves and heat? ouch! i've seen kids in marching bands do that too- especially with the heat we get here in TX!

so sorry you had a bad Ohana experience. what a mess! i would have been pissed. We are so lucky our situation worked out.

so glad the pearl cages worked out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
It's funny, Jack was REALLY difficult at Le Cellier too! I was really frustrated since this was a meal we were really looking forward to!

Glad you got in, despite the difficulties. I was so worried about having trouble with my ADR's, but we got lucky, not a single glitch!

It seems liek the line for CPP is ALWAYS past Japan! It is for us anyways!
how funny- maybe the kids know it is a nice restaurant and so they misbehave to spite us? i don't know!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 01-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #124
exwdwcm

Well another update coming soon- i promise! It is crazy at work- our annual sales meeting is today through wednesday and off site, meaning i don't have web access and it is too hard to type up an update on my phone! lol i am back in the office for a few hours, but probably won't have time to update. Maybe one night this week.

Anyhow- we are expecting ICE tomorrow in Dallas too- lovely! I do not want to drive in that!

Plus it is superbowl week and things are a little busy here in Dallas- i live about 20 minutes north of Downtown Dallas, and about 30 minutes from the stadium, but hotels up by me are sold out and many celebrity parties going on all over the place. We will just be hiding out in my dad's media room for the big game- don't want to deal with the craziness out there! I wish we could check out the NFL experience but don't think we will have time. boo- oh well! I do love my football, just not crowds. Tickets to just watch the game outside of the stadium on big screens are selling for $500 plus! crazy. should be an interesting weekend around here- our first superbowl!

84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 02-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #125
DisneyRed95
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
yeah, the first and last time i saw it was on my college program too- in 1996, Louis Gosset Jr. was the narrator at the time (and very good!). i was glad i got to do it again, and i am good on skipping it for a few years now. It is one of those every few years type of things for me. who did you see narrate? I wish i could see Edward James Olmos, he usually does Christmas Eve or day. I am a big Battlestar Galactica fan (i know, total sci-fi NERD, who would have thunk it?)
I think our narrator was LeVar Burton (from Star Trek and Reading Raindow). He did a really good job. I'd love to see it again one of these days. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it and tried to stay warm!

6/86-Poly, 6/88-CR/Poly, 6/90-GF, 12/92-GF, 12/94-GF, 6/95-WL, 8/96-GF, 6/97-GF, 7/98-WL, 3/00-POR, 6/00-CR,
Summer 00-WDW CP, 6/01-AKL, Summer/Fall 01-WDW CP, 10/01-POFQ, 1/02-ASMov, 6/02-AKL, 6/04-Poly, 6/05-Poly,
4/06-Pop, 12/06-Pop, 6/07-CBR, 5/08-CBR, 9/09-BWI (Honeymoon), 6/10-AKL, 10/10-SSR, 5/11-WL, 11/11-CSR,
5/12-AKV, 7/12-GCH/DLH, 10/12-BC, 11/12-Dream, 9/13-YC, 10/13-BWI
Old 02-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #126
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Good Luck this weekend!!!

The said on our news today that to park at the stadium was $1,000..we were like what!!!???

We love our Steelers but I would never pay money like that! I honestly just loved seeing them at Traning Camp (at the college I went to). For a lot of families they are able to see the "stars" but don't have to pay top dollar to go to an actual game which is great!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #127
exwdwcm

Quote:
I think our narrator was LeVar Burton (from Star Trek and Reading Raindow). He did a really good job. I'd love to see it again one of these days. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it and tried to stay warm!
love him, i am such a trekkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Good Luck this weekend!!!

The said on our news today that to park at the stadium was $1,000..we were like what!!!???

We love our Steelers but I would never pay money like that! I honestly just loved seeing them at Traning Camp (at the college I went to). For a lot of families they are able to see the "stars" but don't have to pay top dollar to go to an actual game which is great!
yeah, i agree, i would rather watch for free! lol! parking is going to be insane, i have heard the prices are crazy on that too. i haven't been to the new stadium yet, but we typically go to a few games a year. Jerry Jones just made season tickets so pricey (like 6 figure licensing fee for the tickets my DH's boss usually got), so no tickets this year. I'll just watch from home in the comfort of my dad's new media room with reclining chairs, free beer and no crowds!

btw- i am reading your TR but haven't finished/caught up yet, i will post when i do- i am loving it!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #128
exwdwcm

okay, sorry no updates, but it's been a CRAZY week. i had our annual sales meeting at work from monday-wednesday, which was made more crazy due to the weather. We got 2 inches of ice on Tuesday am. DH drove me into the hotel for the meeting, no way was i driving on that.

so i worked monday/tuesday. Wednesday, no way. stayed in. Thursday, i had DH drive me in and my sister watched William for me. Schools in Dallas were closed tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday. We are usually lucky to get ONE snow day a year, if that. Never had almost a full week. I worked from home yesterday, we got 6 inches of snow on top of the ice friday morning. It is just nuts for us in Dallas, we aren't used to it. the City doesn't even own a snow plow. they had to bring some in and mcguyver some solutions, especially given the big game tomorrow. I live in plano, about 30 minutes away from where the stadium is. We are going to venture out to the mall today though- we've had cabin fever! even if you do get out, everything is closed. We tried starbucks last night, nope closed- people just don't know how to drive on snow/ice here.

anyhow- here are some pics- probably just a light dusting for most of you guys, but a LOT for us in Dallas!

so when things get back to normal hopefully on Monday, i'll finally get to post again with another update. trying to work from home and entertain a cabin fevered 3yo has not made it easy!

Old 02-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #129
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
I'm in.

I see you had some record breaking lows while you were down there too. Maybe we should all get t-shirts that say "I survived the Great Florida Freeze of 2010" Maybe we could get someone on the DISigns board to create an image of Mickey wearing a Parka, gloves, winter boots, etc...

Hi MIchelle! I am only on page one but had to comment on this! I say...add me to this group...only I was there in Feb 2010! We might have left a huge snowstorm to go to Disney then but it wasnt much warmer in FL than it was in Ohio in Feb!
Old 02-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #130
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

my nephew was 3.5 when we flew in Feb and he sat in his car seat on the flight but only because we at the last minute (as the day before our original flight was to leave) had to change our flight into Tampa so we needed it when we rented a car. We couldnt use Calebs since he was a lap baby as were told no more seats were available or else we could have used it.

We rented a van when we got to Tampa...4 adults...2 little kids....2 strollers and 2 car seats....all of our luggage that we did not consolidate because we were supposed to fly southwest and had to change to Delta due to our flight being canceled. My parents took 2 of our bags too! I am sure we were quite a sight going through the airport. My husband also does not have much patience. If we ever do fly with a small one under 2....we will be buying them a seat! soo much easier than a lap baby who did not want to sit on our laps.

We never thought all of our stuff would fit in the van...but we managed.

Dh is also not a crowds person...so we always have to go in off season...works out cause it is cheaper. We stayed at BCV studio and loved the proximity to EPCOT. Did you live BLT?? I think with an older child next time we go...it would be a good one to stay at! No DVC...but would probably rent points next time we go!

I too LOVE earl! mmmm....

Obsessions...yes Calebs would be choo choos! LOL! we have Tom train (what he calls Thomas) everything
Old 02-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #131
DisneyRed95
Earning My Ears

Cute snow pictures! Will looks pretty happy!

It does look like it made the roads a mess though. Hopefully things warm up for you guys this weekend. It's snowing here as I type. I'm so ready for spring!

6/86-Poly, 6/88-CR/Poly, 6/90-GF, 12/92-GF, 12/94-GF, 6/95-WL, 8/96-GF, 6/97-GF, 7/98-WL, 3/00-POR, 6/00-CR,
Summer 00-WDW CP, 6/01-AKL, Summer/Fall 01-WDW CP, 10/01-POFQ, 1/02-ASMov, 6/02-AKL, 6/04-Poly, 6/05-Poly,
4/06-Pop, 12/06-Pop, 6/07-CBR, 5/08-CBR, 9/09-BWI (Honeymoon), 6/10-AKL, 10/10-SSR, 5/11-WL, 11/11-CSR,
5/12-AKV, 7/12-GCH/DLH, 10/12-BC, 11/12-Dream, 9/13-YC, 10/13-BWI
Old 02-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #132
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Great report! Subbing Can you tell me if it would have been better for you to get the dining plan?

Old 02-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #133
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I bet the snow was fun for Will! It looks like you got a fair amount. DO people in Dallas own snow shovels? I know my aunt and uncle who live a bit further south don't, lol. Between the snow and the Superbowl, I would be staying home if I was you! Stay warm!!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #134
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
Hi MIchelle! I am only on page one but had to comment on this! I say...add me to this group...only I was there in Feb 2010! We might have left a huge snowstorm to go to Disney then but it wasnt much warmer in FL than it was in Ohio in Feb!
Hey Kara!!! i know, super cold, right? I think we need a free pin at City hall that says that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
my nephew was 3.5 when we flew in Feb and he sat in his car seat on the flight but only because we at the last minute (as the day before our original flight was to leave) had to change our flight into Tampa so we needed it when we rented a car. We couldnt use Calebs since he was a lap baby as were told no more seats were available or else we could have used it.

We rented a van when we got to Tampa...4 adults...2 little kids....2 strollers and 2 car seats....all of our luggage that we did not consolidate because we were supposed to fly southwest and had to change to Delta due to our flight being canceled. My parents took 2 of our bags too! I am sure we were quite a sight going through the airport. My husband also does not have much patience. If we ever do fly with a small one under 2....we will be buying them a seat! soo much easier than a lap baby who did not want to sit on our laps.

We never thought all of our stuff would fit in the van...but we managed.

Dh is also not a crowds person...so we always have to go in off season...works out cause it is cheaper. We stayed at BCV studio and loved the proximity to EPCOT. Did you live BLT?? I think with an older child next time we go...it would be a good one to stay at! No DVC...but would probably rent points next time we go!

I too LOVE earl! mmmm....

Obsessions...yes Calebs would be choo choos! LOL! we have Tom train (what he calls Thomas) everything
so glad it worked out for you guys!!! I am so jealous on BCV!! i so want to stay there sometime. We did enjoy BLT, it isn't our 'style', but i loved the convenience and short walk to MK, plus i love the stores in there and the magic of the monorail going through it. i wasn't sure at first, but by the end, it felt like home!

Quote:
Cute snow pictures! Will looks pretty happy!

It does look like it made the roads a mess though. Hopefully things warm up for you guys this weekend. It's snowing here as I type. I'm so ready for spring!
Thanks! yeah, well messy for us- i am sure it doesn't look bad to most, since the NE and midwest has been pounded with so many feet of snow, but even half a foot is a lot to us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
Great report! Subbing Can you tell me if it would have been better for you to get the dining plan?
Thanks for reading a long!!! Nope, not better for the dining plan- i did the comparison on excel- i actually went in and looked at all the menus and estimated prices for each meal based on what i thought we would order. Added in tax, alcohol, tips etc. We would have had to pay for the DP of course, being DVC, and while we would have gotten more food, it would not have been what we would normally order. We don't normally eat dessert every meal, so we would waste a lot too. Plus buying TIW also gives us 20% off alcohol and i did have a few drinks with meals. the TIW covered every single sit down meal we did- so 20% off each time. of course since i i didn't buy it on day 1, we didn't use it for our first two meals, but we still saved money by buying it. The plan would have been $41.99 a day for each of us except Will (which would have been like $12 i think?). Anyhow- most meals, my MIL and Lindsey ate like birds, they barely ate a thing. It would have been a total waste in food and even that $42. They didn't eat $42 worth most days. We typically ate breakfast in our room, brought bottled water or coffee with us (had the take with you coffee cups and since we walk to MK, it is easy!). In the end, we saved more with TIW. Plus, i didn't gain weight. last year, on free dining, i gained almost 10lbs, seriously!!!!

We've done free dining twice before we bought DVC and it was just too much food for us. While we loved the convenience, we actually liked TIW too. especially with DVC, we had a full kitchen and could cook meals in our room too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I bet the snow was fun for Will! It looks like you got a fair amount. DO people in Dallas own snow shovels? I know my aunt and uncle who live a bit further south don't, lol. Between the snow and the Superbowl, I would be staying home if I was you! Stay warm!!
He did like it for about 5 minutes, then said Mommy, my hands are cold!

No, we don't own snow shovels. The city doesn't even own a snow plow! So that was part of the problem- they had to scrounge around and find other equipment or bring it in to clear the roads, especially around the stadium. Then you should hear people- so mad- that we had rolling blackouts----my sister with a newborn for hours, my 90 yo grandpa in his nursing home for hours......yet the cowboys stadium was exempt from it. go figure. So needless to say, people were pissed with Jerry Jones! Looks like karma though.....he oversold seats that the fire marshall said he couldn't have (tried to add some in areas that weren't allowed) and then the sound was all messed up at halftime. bummer. That stadium has terrible acoustics. I feel sorry for the black eyed peas- i am sure some sound engineer got fired over that mess up at the superbowl! kind of glad the game and weather are over- that is all that was on the news the last week- snow, ice and superbowl crap. We are expecting more ice/snow tomorrow night apparently.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #135
exwdwcm

Thursday, December 9th
So the plan today was to do breakfast in the room and then head to Epcot and have lunch at Chefs De France at 12:30. However, it didn’t quite go that way. In fact, I am proud of myself to being flexible and willing to change plans for once! We felt we had done a lot at Epcot already but wanted to get back to DTD for some shopping. I hate going to DTD on the weekend when it is packed since people make it usually their first or last stop on the way in or going home. So I figured going today would be good. So we slept in a bit and decided to hit DTD today.

We arrived about 10am and actually found a decent parking spot, although over closer to the Westside, but not too far over. We had our 20% off coupons we wanted to use before noon at the World of Disney. So in we went! I purchased about $300 worth of stuff, so saved like $60! Awesome deal. We shopped for quite a while. I bought scarves, new sweatshirt, t-shirt for Will, blue mickey cros for him, candy, mickey dish, cutting board and more. I have a hard time finding hoodies or sweatshirts I like there…..i want a nice hoodie, but nothing that just ‘screams’ Disney- I want something more subtle. And I don’t want characters, I want something that says WDW on it. I tend to find a better variety of that type in the men’s section, so I finally found something I liked- a fleece zip up (no hood) in a men’s small. I love it! Other than the sleeves being a little long, it fits perfect. It has a cute embroidered logo on the front and a very subtle WDW on the back that blends in and you can barely see it. Just what I wanted.

I also get the cute bag that is on sale with purchase- I think it was $11.95 and was an alligator style pleather tote- I got green! It has a cute silver mickey hanging on it. We saw these all over, but I really wanted green. They had already sold out of red. All that was left barely was grey, yellow and navy. So glad I got my green!

After shopping, we were famished and where did we go? You betcha……Earle of Sandwich for the second time this trip. We can’t get enough of it! We always end up eating here twice. Of course there was a long line, but not as bad as our first visit on Saturday. We found some seats outside and got some sandwiches. Had another great meal. I love the tomato soup!

After a nice lunch, we headed into the newly renovated Mickey’s Pantry that now is a spice/tea store along with still featuring some cookbooks/dishware like before. My MIL loved all the spices and she bought a few. I bought a few myself since I do enjoy cooking. We had fun smelling all the different teas and spices. I really like this new part of the store. It makes a great original gift for someone too. Next up, the Christmas store. I had wanted to find another Christmas ‘village’ piece, but looked all over and didn’t see anything. Last year, my mom had bought us the Cinderella castle piece- it is rather large and lights up. They used to also have a haunted mansion, city hall and other pieces- I think most were $60-$100 price range. I have a few pieces at home already and wanted to buy more and get mom one, but they said they no longer carry them. I did see the castle in another store (at BLT), but nothing else. Odd.

It was extremely crowded in here, but I found a register where there was no line- I guess people didn’t notice it, it was near the door. So got my purchases and got outta there! I got some 2010 ornaments no clearance for $4.99. Next up, the Once Upon a Toy store so we could let Will look and get Mr. Potatohead parts for his cousin that is his age (Lindsey’s little brother). We had fun picking out all the pieces and trying to stuff it into the box. Will spotted the monorail set and wanted it, but maybe next year. We bought him the train set last year.

Next our plan was to try something new- I had read about Ridemarkerz in DTD on the West Side where kids can build their own remote control car. In fact, many of the recently madeover Disney stores feature a small section of this now. You basically walk in, select a basic model, pick tires, wheels, sound card, and other special stuff to customize it- of course each thing you do is a la carte, so it adds up fast. But you build your own remote control car. They even have little tables with air wrenches and stuff for you to put it together. So I figured it would be a fun daddy and William activity. Alan is really into cars and used to drag race mustangs. In fact, we still have his race car in the garage with full roll cage etc. So I thought this would be fun for them. We make our way over to the west side, which I had not visited in over 10 years, pretty much since right after my CP days. I spent many a night at PI during my CP days, I think Thursdays CMs got in free or half off or something. We danced many nights away at Mannequins and 8trax- yet I never visited the Adventurer’s club and now it is closed (I hear it was awesome!).

Anyhow- so Westside is totally different, funny seeing all the bars closed now. There are quite a few nice things down there- I wouldn’t mind trying Paradiso 37 sometime, the menu looks good and I hear they keep the beer on tap at a certain temp (cold) too. We finally find Ridemarkerz, it is in the old Virgin Megastore location, near the movie theatre. We go in and all Will cares about is the trash cans all over. We try and pick out a car, but by the time we get to the tires, I realize he has zero interest in this, he cares about looking at the trash cans more. So we decide to come back when he is older and they can really enjoy it together. He is still just too young and not into cars yet, although he does like remote control things. So slightly disappointed, we head back out and wait to find MIL and Lindsey- they had wandered off to look around. I head into the sweet shop there while we wait and get a few snacks!

We head back out to the car and back to BLt for a break- it is about 2pm now- so we are on schedule- originally we planned to break about 2pm after Epcot. Oh and yes, we missed our ADR at Chefs and I was very bad and forgot to cancel it. I know, slap my hand. At least I didn’t illegally pool hop or use my mug from 1997. I was bummed we missed this meal, I really love Chefs and was looking forward to the French onion soup and mac/cheese or sandwich. Oh well- we have lots of other trips, plus it isn’t a new restaurant to us, I’ve been there twice.

The plan for tonight was to maybe try and catch the MK flag ceremony, but I think it is 4 something or 5. I wasn’t sure and hadn’t looked it up. I think the MK version is different than the Disneyland version though. AT DL, we saw them invite up any members of the armed forces as they called each branch and they would stand around the circle where the flag is, all saluting. It was very moving to see all these men and women stand up there, a 19 yo Marine next to a WWII vet in his wheelchair. It really brought a tear to my eye. Although Alan wasn’t in the military, he has a love for all things military and historical and has great respect for those that served our country. I knew he would love this, although I had read somewhere they don’t ask the guests to come up like they do at DL, does anyone know? I think they select one vet to come up instead? I might have to ask on the boards and find out. That part is what made it so moving to me- seeing these guests walk up there, so proud of their service and country. Even a custodial CM had been milling around and proudly walked up there with his broom in hand when they called the Coast Guard. You could tell that guy probably made sure he was near the flag everyday he worked in order to participate. So touching. Anyhow…….i thought this might be something DH would enjoy, but we never made it. I am going to try and put it on my must do list for our October trip.

So tonight was our BIG night…….MVMCP!!!! This was another reason I was okay with doing DTD, so it was a bit more relaxing that am, so we would be rested up for tonight. So we took a long break in the room and everyone naps but Alan, he hits the hot tub! Crazy since it is like 40 degrees outside!

Sorry i don't have many pics from this morning- since we mostly shopped!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: