Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #91
DisneyRed95
Earning My Ears

Congrats on hitting EE 3 times! That's such a great ride!

We haven't tried Yak & Yeti yet, but I think we may try it in May when we're there. Do you know if the Quick Service part has indoor seating? Or is the indoor seating only for the Table Service part of the restaurant? The reason I ask is we ate at Flame Tree last fall and one of the birds literally snatched some pulled pork from DH's sandwich while it was sitting on our table! He wasn't very amused and doesn't want to eat with the "birds" if he doesn't have to. Ha!

6/86-Poly, 6/88-CR/Poly, 6/90-GF, 12/92-GF, 12/94-GF, 6/95-WL, 8/96-GF, 6/97-GF, 7/98-WL, 3/00-POR, 6/00-CR,
Summer 00-WDW CP, 6/01-AKL, Summer/Fall 01-WDW CP, 10/01-POFQ, 1/02-ASMov, 6/02-AKL, 6/04-Poly, 6/05-Poly,
4/06-Pop, 12/06-Pop, 6/07-CBR, 5/08-CBR, 9/09-BWI (Honeymoon), 6/10-AKL, 10/10-SSR, 5/11-WL, 11/11-CSR,
5/12-AKV, 7/12-GCH/DLH, 10/12-BC, 11/12-Dream, 9/13-YC, 10/13-BWI
Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #92
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRed95 View Post

We haven't tried Yak & Yeti yet, but I think we may try it in May when we're there. Do you know if the Quick Service part has indoor seating? Or is the indoor seating only for the Table Service part of the restaurant? The reason I ask is we ate at Flame Tree last fall and one of the birds literally snatched some pulled pork from DH's sandwich while it was sitting on our table! He wasn't very amused and doesn't want to eat with the "birds" if he doesn't have to. Ha!
OMG, that's hysterical. What did you guys do when it happened?
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #93
DisneyRed95
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos View Post
OMG, that's hysterical. What did you guys do when it happened?
I think my DH was ready to strangle the bird! It was like slow motion. I set the tray down on the table and one of those taller white birds with the super long neck, brought his head back (almost the same effect that happens during the opening sequence of RnRC!) and snapped forward shooting his beak into the middle of DH's sandwich! The bird snatched the pulled pork but the bun never moved! We just stood there and stared at the bird! We didn't know how to react!

6/86-Poly, 6/88-CR/Poly, 6/90-GF, 12/92-GF, 12/94-GF, 6/95-WL, 8/96-GF, 6/97-GF, 7/98-WL, 3/00-POR, 6/00-CR,
Summer 00-WDW CP, 6/01-AKL, Summer/Fall 01-WDW CP, 10/01-POFQ, 1/02-ASMov, 6/02-AKL, 6/04-Poly, 6/05-Poly,
4/06-Pop, 12/06-Pop, 6/07-CBR, 5/08-CBR, 9/09-BWI (Honeymoon), 6/10-AKL, 10/10-SSR, 5/11-WL, 11/11-CSR,
5/12-AKV, 7/12-GCH/DLH, 10/12-BC, 11/12-Dream, 9/13-YC, 10/13-BWI
Old 01-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #94
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
I get a jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel and some water. It was so darn good- I used to get these in TL, but I noticed they weren’t serving them at the Lunching Pad anymore- anyone know where else you can buy these in WDW now?
Someone started a thread about this! No real answers yet, but someone may come alone with the info! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2634435

I was a little behind on your updates, but I'm all caught up now!

I probably would have done the same thing on the monorail. I get little bouts of anxiety, and being late coupled with potentially being separated from my group would have tweaked me out for sure! I tend to panic immediately instead of just thinking, hey another monorail will be coming right after this one, I'll just catch that one.

That sucks about the slow service at 'Ohana. That can certainly put a damper on a good meal right there. That bread pudding looks divine! But DH and I will probably never eat there since we are both so picky.

I loved the MSEP! I was never that much a fan of Spectro, but I really enjoyed MSEP on our last trip. It was just the right length for me that I wasn't too bored and I liked that it focused more on classic characters instead of all the princesses. I'm kind of hoping this is the parade they have going on when we go back this year. That picture of the people on Main Street! I hate trying to make it down MS when it looks like that.

How fun that you & Lindsey got to go on a little EE marathon! I absolutely love that ride. And it never seems to have much of a wait, at least not the times we have been in the past few years. I know people dog AK but I'm pretty excited to take DS. I think he will love seeing the animals and checking out the petting zoo. Too funny that Will is so not afraid of Tough to Be a Bug...I'm terrified of it! I hate bugs and I absolutely HATE when I can hear or feel things moving around in the dark. Not my kind of show!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 01-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #95
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Hey Michelle! I've seen you post on other TR but I haven't checked out yours until now!

Im also an EX WDW CM..CP in 2008 at BBB MK, PI in 2008 at AK Kids Discovery Clubs, and was seasonal from 2009-2010 at BBB MK!

I'm loving all the updates so far!

Thanks for posting the Ebay link for the pearl carriage! I ended up buying 2, one for myself and one for my mom. Where did you get the chain to go with it???
I've done Pick a Pearl twice now (but at TL). I have a necklace and ring and bought the chain for my necklace at pick a pearl but they get tangled very easily!!
If you could let me know, that would be great! My mom has never done pick a pearl before so I think she'd get a kick out of it in March when we're there!

We were also there around the same time in Dec but we were at WL.
Can't wait for more updates!!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #96
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Hi all! another update coming this afternoon. Unfortunately, i caught a bad cold Friday. Or maybe it is the flu. A coworker was out almost all of last week with the flu, although she tried to come in last Tuesday for a meeting and we all shoed her away. Now i have something. I was home yesterday and today. i hate being sick already in the first of the new year, but i tried to go in and my coworkers shoed me away too- i know my constant nose blowing and coughing was annoying, since we all sit in cubicles. I can't say i blame them. Doc couldn't get me in either, booked solid and computers were down too. go figure. So starting to feel a little better, but my throat is on fire now and my nose is so darn raw.

So will update this afternoon while i have time at home. I am also thinking about starting my October 2011 PTR!!! Anyone else have a good October TR i can read? I am looking to read up on October and MNSSHP!

Quote:
I'm so glad the view is great! We have an ADR for our upcoming trip. I love how Epcot keeps the fireworks time the same no matter what time the park closes. I wanted to try O'hana during the fireworks in June but they're not until 10!!

The same thing happened to us the first day we were there! It rained and was cold so it felt like we had the park to ourselves.

That is so cute. I showed DH Will's Halloween costume and he said he should do that for Halloween. DH loves Oscar the Grouch.

Don't you hate that? I always feel so guilty ordering b/c DH will order something like a salad or grilled chicken.

What??? I never knew that! Definitely have to put an EMH night on my list this year. Michael battled Goofy at the MVMCP but I'll write more about it in my TR.
La Hacienda was great for the view. I am sure we will give it another try sometime. If you are a big margarita lover, you will really enjoy it. We just aren't big tequila lovers.

We loved that morning when it rained. sure it was nasty out for a bit, but the crowds were amazing (none!). We always stick it out in the rain and it always pays off.

Will loved his trash can costume! glad DH liked it! i actually saw one of my old CP roomies do a laundry basket- i think she got the idea from our trash can costume. She had her torso through the middle of a laundry basket with dirty clothes hanging off, detergent inside etc. Pretty funny- like she was stuck in constant laundry!

I totally hate how DH will order something healthy while i am eating chili cheese fries! go figure!

Yep, the dance party was fun- the characters were all dancing, you couldn't get pictures posed with them or autographs, but you could get pics dancing with them or near them.

the tiny notebook helps. i thought about using my iphone, but to be honest, i am not a big texter, so i hate typing on it. just handwriting it is easier for me. i did have my laptop in the room and i would write down notes each day (well almost). but you are right, there are those funny little moments or sayings you will totally forget if you don't write them down!

Quote:

i did not notice any indoor seating for the QS location. It mostly was outside that I saw, unless I missed something. I love Flame Tree, but yeah, i think the Y&Y QS is probably the same way as Flame Tree. all outdoors. i didn't notice anything inside, we would have taken it if we had, since it was so cold. yeah, the birds are crazy! they were bad there too.

Quote:
I think my DH was ready to strangle the bird! It was like slow motion. I set the tray down on the table and one of those taller white birds with the super long neck, brought his head back (almost the same effect that happens during the opening sequence of RnRC!) and snapped forward shooting his beak into the middle of DH's sandwich! The bird snatched the pulled pork but the bun never moved! We just stood there and stared at the bird! We didn't know how to react!
LOL! too funny. Those birds are truly pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Someone started a thread about this! No real answers yet, but someone may come alone with the info! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2634435

I was a little behind on your updates, but I'm all caught up now!

I probably would have done the same thing on the monorail. I get little bouts of anxiety, and being late coupled with potentially being separated from my group would have tweaked me out for sure! I tend to panic immediately instead of just thinking, hey another monorail will be coming right after this one, I'll just catch that one.

That sucks about the slow service at 'Ohana. That can certainly put a damper on a good meal right there. That bread pudding looks divine! But DH and I will probably never eat there since we are both so picky.

I loved the MSEP! I was never that much a fan of Spectro, but I really enjoyed MSEP on our last trip. It was just the right length for me that I wasn't too bored and I liked that it focused more on classic characters instead of all the princesses. I'm kind of hoping this is the parade they have going on when we go back this year. That picture of the people on Main Street! I hate trying to make it down MS when it looks like that.

How fun that you & Lindsey got to go on a little EE marathon! I absolutely love that ride. And it never seems to have much of a wait, at least not the times we have been in the past few years. I know people dog AK but I'm pretty excited to take DS. I think he will love seeing the animals and checking out the petting zoo. Too funny that Will is so not afraid of Tough to Be a Bug...I'm terrified of it! I hate bugs and I absolutely HATE when I can hear or feel things moving around in the dark. Not my kind of show!
thanks for the link. i will have to check out the other jalapeno pretzel locations! Yeah, i sort of over-reacted on the whole monorail thing. funny how frazzled we can get over something so silly. only on vacation. True, i did enjoy all the classic characters on MSEP, since i do love them! i hadn't thought about it that way!

i couldn't believe we rode it 3x. i love it. DH i don't think will ride it ever again, he said the backwards thing just throws off his balance too much and how at almost 40 now, he just can't handle all the coasters anymore.

i love AK too and there was a lot for Will to do and enjoy there! I am excited about our October trip where we can skip some stuff we have done and just focus more on him. this last trip was more about showing everything to his mom and Lindsey. this next October trip will be all about Will!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Hey Michelle! I've seen you post on other TR but I haven't checked out yours until now!

Im also an EX WDW CM..CP in 2008 at BBB MK, PI in 2008 at AK Kids Discovery Clubs, and was seasonal from 2009-2010 at BBB MK!

I'm loving all the updates so far!

Thanks for posting the Ebay link for the pearl carriage! I ended up buying 2, one for myself and one for my mom. Where did you get the chain to go with it???
I've done Pick a Pearl twice now (but at TL). I have a necklace and ring and bought the chain for my necklace at pick a pearl but they get tangled very easily!!
If you could let me know, that would be great! My mom has never done pick a pearl before so I think she'd get a kick out of it in March when we're there!

We were also there around the same time in Dec but we were at WL.
Can't wait for more updates!!
Hey Megan! I've actually followed your TR before- i followed along as you started the job at AK and all that too. loved it all and your experiences at BBB too.

the chain actually came with the carriage! it isn't a fancy one, so if you want something nicer, you might look around. I am sure your mom will love PaP!!

Did you enjoy WL? we love it- we were there last December. so beautiful!

So do you still work seasonally or keep up your status? are you back in school now or planning to stay at WDW permanently at any point? I was lucky that i did the fall program- i started in august 96 and my last day was like january 2nd, 1997, so even though i only worked 2 days in 97, i got the CM ID that was good for all of 97, so i got in free that whole year! they had a 15 year WDWCP reunion that WDW actually hosted (I haven't heard of them doing one since?), so we went to that in Oct 97 and it was great fun to still get in free and see my roomies again. I would have loved to have gone for an advanced internship, but i felt bad leaving my boyfriend behind (we had lived together for 3 years by then and he wasn't thrilled i had left to go to FL for a semester!). plus i only had one class left to graduate, so i headed home. now married to that same BF and he eventually has come to the darkside and even bought us DVC! i do regret though not going after the advanced internship. not sure i would have stood a shot, but i still regret not at least trying. my time on the CP was one of the best times of my life!!!!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #97
exwdwcm

Tuesday, December 7th part II

So it was about 4:45pm by now. We get to the car, and turn on the heat. Man it was so cold! We decided to head to Wal-Mart----Will said he wanted to go see the trash cans at Wal-Mart! Go figure. We always have to go down the trash can aisle and the vacuum aisle at Wal-mart! I know where the WM is on 535, so we head that way. It is always packed with tourists and locals. We go in and shop- I like checking out all the Disney stuff they have- we find some pins for $5 and get one for Lindsey. I had gotten her a lanyard before the trip with about 5-6 pins on it. She loved all the pins and didn’t want to trade but one or two. She had fun trading, but she liked what she had already and wanted to keep. So I got a pin for her to trade, but she wanted to keep it too. LOL. I can’t wait until Will is old enough to enjoy pin trading. I have some really nice pins- many from 2000, a roman mickey from the old Las vegas Disney store, a special leadership pin from Ex VP of Epcot and author Lee Cockrell that I got on the DIS podcast cruise and more. I did have one guy stop me towards the end of the trip on the one day I wore them and ask if I would trade any. He was a big time trader obviously with his book and all. I told him no, I just like to wear them to display.

I find a cute Minnie pot holder/dish towel set for $5 that is lime green and pink for my mom- she loves pink and has green in her kitchen and loves Minnie! Score! We buy a little Hormel snack tray of cheese, salami and crackers to snack on and MIL gets a few things she needed too. We make it back to the hotel by 6:30ish. The plan tonight was- no plan! This was sort of our ‘break’ night. We were cooking dinner in the room tonight. I had ordered $100 worth of groceries from garden grocer, including a frozen family lasagna and salad. We got it in the oven and snacked on the meat/cheese/cracker tray. William and Lindsey ate almost all the cheese and crackers. William ate so much of that, that when it came time for dinner, I put a bite in his mouth and he threw it all up. Lovely! All over his clothes. So in the laundry they went. We had been doing laundry almost every night btw- we loved having a washer and dryer in the room. Since we were wearing mostly long sleeves and layers, we kept washing them often.

I got Will into the bath, gave him a bath and we got him ready for bed. Alan and I wanted to check out the Top of the World Tower. MIL and Lindsey were too tired and I think MIL wanted to give us some alone time. So we headed up there just before holiday WISHES, as this was a MVMCP night. At first I wasn’t sure where to go- so we headed towards the lobby of BLT and asked. She directed us where to go and we went to that elevator along with another gentleman. A CM asked to see our room keys, checking to see that it said DVC member on it staying here and then took us up in the elevator.

WISHES was at 9:30pm tonight for the Christmas party. So we got there just before it started at like 9:25.

The lounge was full- at least all the seats were taken anyhow. Looked so nice and comfy- I checked out the drink and appetizer menu and can’t wait to enjoy this more in the future. We did head out to the patio/balcony once they started the fireworks, but it was so darn cold- especially that high up. No way I could stay out there. So we went inside and watched it. It was such an amazing view with the piped in music and lowered lights. So glad we did it. We were so tired, we almost didn’t at first. It was worth it.

I would estimate there were probably 50 or so people up there. It wasn’t super crowded. I can’t wait to try this again when the weather is nice enough to be outside and enjoy it. We made it back to the room right after and everyone was in bed by 10pm, one of the earliest nights for us all week!

Another note about our resort…..I was a little nervous about owning BLT, it isn’t really our style of décor- we hate modern. But we loved the location and the easy walk to the MK and while the monorail wasn’t as convenient as I thought it was, we did enjoy it and it is a nice perk. I also worried that I would miss the nice lobby experience we had at WL and AKL- how you walk into that big amazing lobby and are just awed. I loved coming home to that each day when we stayed at those resorts. BLT of course doesn’t have a huge lobby and I don’t care for the lobby at CR much. I was afraid I would miss that, and I did a little, but I also found that I enjoyed having our own little door that led right to our elevator and I loved walking across the skybridge (other than the cold and wind) each day to head to the monorail and hear the hustle and bustle of the shops in CR, Chef Mickey’s and all of that. So in the end, I did love BLT!!!

84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 01-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #98
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
We had been doing laundry almost every night btw- we loved having a washer and dryer in the room. Since we were wearing mostly long sleeves and layers, we kept washing them often.
I'm looking forward to that for our June trip but it would have been useful during this one. I was washing hoodies, thermal and jeans during the trip and trekking down to the laundry room wasn't fun. I did like the convenience of my Purex 3-in-1 sheets though, LOL.

Quote:
Another note about our resort…..I was a little nervous about owning BLT, it isn’t really our style of décor- we hate modern. But we loved the location and the easy walk to the MK and while the monorail wasn’t as convenient as I thought it was, we did enjoy it and it is a nice perk. I also worried that I would miss the nice lobby experience we had at WL and AKL- how you walk into that big amazing lobby and are just awed. I loved coming home to that each day when we stayed at those resorts. BLT of course doesn’t have a huge lobby and I don’t care for the lobby at CR much. I was afraid I would miss that, and I did a little, but I also found that I enjoyed having our own little door that led right to our elevator and I loved walking across the skybridge (other than the cold and wind) each day to head to the monorail and hear the hustle and bustle of the shops in CR, Chef Mickey’s and all of that. So in the end, I did love BLT!!!
We thought about BLT when we just purchased, but I too didn't like the look of the rooms. They were also selling at $10 more per point so I think they helped us decide. I will try and stay there just once so I can see the fireworks from the TOWL.

I'm excited about our first DVC stay in June at our home resort.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #99
exwdwcm

Quote:
I'm looking forward to that for our June trip but it would have been useful during this one. I was washing hoodies, thermal and jeans during the trip and trekking down to the laundry room wasn't fun. I did like the convenience of my Purex 3-in-1 sheets though, LOL.

We thought about BLT when we just purchased, but I too didn't like the look of the rooms. They were also selling at $10 more per point so I think they helped us decide. I will try and stay there just once so I can see the fireworks from the TOWL.

I'm excited about our first DVC stay in June at our home resort.
how are those purex sheets- do they work pretty well? I want to try them out. i did LOVE having a w/d in the room- so convenient!

Yeah, it totally is not our style (BLT), but i really liked it after staying there. i do look forward to staying at VWL or AKL again in the future- that is more our taste! But while Will is little and we are spending lots of time at the MK, BLT is good for us. the fireworks from TOW were amazing- totally worth it!

Old 01-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #100
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

GREAT UPDATE!!!

I wondered what the lounge looked like! I missed the CM preview by a couple of months before it opened which I was sad about but I did get to see the treehouse villas and Kidani before they opened!

I love love love WL too! We've stayed there now 7x since 2000. POFQ was our "home" resort prior to staying there. My dad surprised us with the upgrade in 2000, and we haven't been back to POFQ since. My bro is 6'4, 23 years old and still is able to sleep in the bunk bed haha!!

I was statused as Seasonal after my AK internship (to help train the new PIs). After a month at AK, I went back to BBB and worked at BBB (with my AK seasonal status) from Feb 2009-May 2009. I was pretty much at my cap for working and looked for jobs outside of FL since my roommates were all leaving too and got a job as a Pre-K teacher north of Cincinnati where my parents had relocated to from Pittsburgh so it kind of all happened for a reason I think. I was supposed to head back and work at BBB May 2010 but they cut my status 2 weeks before I was supposed to work because the rules had changed..must work twice a year for 40hrs and I thought it was once a year for 40 hours. So..I've been without my status for a year in May. I still have my ID because my plan is to finally pass my teaching boards to become certified, move back to FL, teach FT there, and work seasonally at WDW somewhere, anywhere in the summers. I left on good terms, good record, etc. so there shouldn't be any rehire issues I would hope!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #101
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Just finished reading your TR so far. Love it!! Can't wait to read the rest!
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
Old 01-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #102
exwdwcm

Bummer of a day, heading to a memorial for a good family friend. She suddenly got ill weeks ago and about 10 days ago, they discovered her liver was 100% covered in malignant tumors. Due to her diabetes and other issues, they said no surgery, no chemo, 7-10 days to live. crazy. She died about 3 days after that diagnosis, it was so fast (but i was thankful for that at least for her). Her daughter was my BF growing up, she was our girl scout troop leader and she is my baby sister's godmother. So it will be said to sit through that mass today. My sister is doing a reading. BUT, when one door closes, another opens- another online friend (never met in IRL, but been talking for 5 years) finally had her baby today, after over 5 years of trying, multiple in vitro attempts, miscarriages etc. We were both on a trying to conceive/infertility message board 5 years ago. I am so thankful she finally can experience being a mother, it truly is a blessing so many take for granted, as it is not easy for everyone to conceive (me included). anyhow- at least the bad news comes with some good.

still fighting off my cold/sickness, but looking forward to a weekend off!

Quote:
GREAT UPDATE!!!

I wondered what the lounge looked like! I missed the CM preview by a couple of months before it opened which I was sad about but I did get to see the treehouse villas and Kidani before they opened!

I love love love WL too! We've stayed there now 7x since 2000. POFQ was our "home" resort prior to staying there. My dad surprised us with the upgrade in 2000, and we haven't been back to POFQ since. My bro is 6'4, 23 years old and still is able to sleep in the bunk bed haha!!

I was statused as Seasonal after my AK internship (to help train the new PIs). After a month at AK, I went back to BBB and worked at BBB (with my AK seasonal status) from Feb 2009-May 2009. I was pretty much at my cap for working and looked for jobs outside of FL since my roommates were all leaving too and got a job as a Pre-K teacher north of Cincinnati where my parents had relocated to from Pittsburgh so it kind of all happened for a reason I think. I was supposed to head back and work at BBB May 2010 but they cut my status 2 weeks before I was supposed to work because the rules had changed..must work twice a year for 40hrs and I thought it was once a year for 40 hours. So..I've been without my status for a year in May. I still have my ID because my plan is to finally pass my teaching boards to become certified, move back to FL, teach FT there, and work seasonally at WDW somewhere, anywhere in the summers. I left on good terms, good record, etc. so there shouldn't be any rehire issues I would hope!
The TOW lounge was awesome, we can't wait to go back in October when it isn't freezing up there on the balcony! It was a great view.

We were the same way, we always stayed at POR. but obviously now that we are DVC, we will be staying deluxe baby!

well that is a bummer on the change in policy, requiring two 40hour weeks to keep seasonal status. ouch! that makes it hard for a lot of people that usually do that. congrats on the teaching job, hopefully you can eventually settle back in the Orlando area with a great teaching gig too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
Just finished reading your TR so far. Love it!! Can't wait to read the rest!
Thank you for reading!!! i so appreciate it! i will post another entry here shortly!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #103
thegreggersmom
Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear about your friend. That is rough.

Wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your report. We'll be staying at BLT in October (renting points) and it's great hearing how much you enjoyed it. Our little guys are also about the same age so it's also fun to read about Will.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #104
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Thanks again for the necklace Ebay link! I got the necklaces in the mail yesterday! My mom loved it! It will be something fun for us to do. I also noticed that they are doing 30% off at La Nouba for AP holders..I've very tempted haha.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #105
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreggersmom View Post
So sorry to hear about your friend. That is rough.

Wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your report. We'll be staying at BLT in October (renting points) and it's great hearing how much you enjoyed it. Our little guys are also about the same age so it's also fun to read about Will.
What dates are you guys going? We are booked at BLT for October 15-22nd!!! We can't wait to go back, this time in a studio though since it is just the 3 of us. Will you be in a studio, 1bed or 2bed? We really loved BLt and the convenience it offered to the MK. it was great!

Quote:
Thanks again for the necklace Ebay link! I got the necklaces in the mail yesterday! My mom loved it! It will be something fun for us to do. I also noticed that they are doing 30% off at La Nouba for AP holders..I've very tempted haha.
no problem! aren't they a great deal? it is something fun to do that isn't too pricey either. cool on the 30% off.......that is a good deal! I have no interest in La Nouba though, i've seen 3 Cirque shows in Vegas (Vegas is our other favorite destination besides WDW!, i know quite the difference!), including O and Mystere, plus one locally here. While they are cool, i've sort gotten worn out on Cirque. Maybe in a few years, I'll get the itch to see Cirque again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: