Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #166
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

FINAL WRAP UP

so in this last post, i'll sprinkle in a few more pics- enjoy!
Here I sit, at my desk at work (yep, that’s when I tend to write my reports!), listening to LIVE365, mouseworld radio. They play the main street intro music each morning, so I listen to it everyday- I just love it- really gets me calm and thinking about walking down the street, taking in all the sights and sounds of a sunny new day at the MK. It has me really remembering all the great things we experienced this trip.

I love how each trip can be so unique and different, even when I have been to the parks so many times.

This trip was definitely different for us in a lot of ways:
· our first trip with my MIL
· first trip bringing along a niece
· first time staying as DVC
· first trip as AP holders
· first time using TIW

One of my favorite things is sharing the magic with someone that has never been to Disney. But it usually means that I really over do it, going way commando. I mean, WDW offers so much, and I want the first timers to see it all and really appreciate the magic. You can’t imagine how bummed I was when my best friend spent a day at the parks with me while we were in Orlando on business and she thought it was fun, but she was asking where all the thrill rides were (she is a roller coaster, thrill ride junkie, the taller, faster, the better). I was so bummed she didn’t completely ‘get it’.

Lindsey and my MIL definitely got it. Hopefully I didn’t run them too ragged. They were pretty ‘go with the flow’ and were totally on board with whatever I had planned. And they even started to really get it- at least Lindsey……we don’t typically wait more than 20 minutes for a ride, so if we saw something with a long wait, I would mention how we would FP it or come back later, no need to wait. Same for characters. Lindsey was so on board, we’d see a character and I would always offer to stop for her to get in line, but she started saying no, she didn’t want to wait that long. LOL. I trained her well!

So this trip was really special and different in that we got to share the magic with two first timers. Seeing it through their eyes was so much fun. Lindsey was in complete awe many times. And even though she is a quiet kid, I could tell how excited she was to see the amazing fireworks, enjoy a sweet treat from the bakery, or catch a kiss from Donald. My MIL was a real trooper too and huge help, but I knew she would be. I am really blessed with a great MIL- I am not one of those that dreads seeing the mother in law! She helped with Will when we asked, never tried to overstep, made sure she was helping with Lindsey and did a lot of laundry for us! She never spoke a cross word the whole time. She never complained. It was just so great! The only issue was getting ready in the am and getting out the door as quickly as I would have liked, but considering that was the only issue, I’ll take it!

So having said that, I’ll review our favorite things, what we regret missing, and our favorite meals and snacks!

So here are a few of my favorite things!
· Seeing Will hit the 40” mark and getting to ride Soarin, TT, BTMRR and Splash!
· Stepping into our room at BLT for the first time- AMAZING!
· Garden grocer- so convenient and easy, saved us a grocery store trip
· The new Pooh queue- so cute and fun!
· Slowing down a bit more and stopping to check out each trash can, courtesy of Will
· Seeing PUSH!!!!
· Seeing the Jammitors!
· Taking time to watch Streetmosphere at DHS
· The wonderful long 3 hour nap Will took on our AK morning, so we were able to ride the 3 big rides he couldn’t do (EE, Dino and Primeval Whirl) while he slept- perfect timing!
· Catching a glimpse of the AK parade (first time)
· Riding the train with Will
· Holiday WISHES
· Tableside view of Illuminations our first night
· Amazing character interaction at CP our first full day- seeing Will’s face light up when he ran to hug Pooh!
· Catching snow on Main St at MVMCP
· Catching snow and dancing to the lights at Osborne Lights
· DVC holiday event
· Seeing opening ceremony at MK our first day
· Enjoying time on the beach at the GF
· Resort Airline check in
· Getting Lindsey and MIL’s first timer button and Will’s birthday button

Things I regret missing
· Animation academy at DHS
· BBB- so sad Lindsey didn’t get to do it, but if it hurt her hair too much, it hurt, so we left
· Lion King show at AK
· No swimming (too cold)
· Our ADR at Chefs De France (with Remy from Ratatouille)
· Meeting up with my DIS mom friends at MVMCP
· RnR- was down the day we went and tried to ride- Lindsey was really excited to do it and we never got to

Issues or Challenges!
· MIL taking forever to get ready
· Arriving to park later than we like (not at RD)
· Monorail lines at CR- often got very long and frustrating
· Room wasn’t ready until like 4pm when we were dead tired
· ADR at Le Cellier for Candlelight (my mistake!)
· Stroller getting soaked in the rain
· The weather- FREEZING………which meant heavy jackets/coats, gloves, scarves, hats and not being able to show off all the cute shirts and outfits I had Will wear
· Crazy height measurement issue at BTMMR
· Early morning flight into Orlando- ended up being a bad idea, we were so tired
· Sharing a hotel room with others can be tough…..i.e. Lindsey having it on the Disney channel 24/7, so anytime we had a break in the room, Hannah Montana or something annoying was on! And in our bedroom, DH was always watching the stockmarket on financial news channels. I want to see the top ten! lol

Favorites Snacks or Meals
· Cupcake at Starring Rolls- heaven on a plate!
· Jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel at AK
· Dole Whip
· Treats from Karamel Kuche
· Pina Colava!
· O’hana dessert and pot stickers (whole meals was good, service not so much!)
· Via Napoli- awesome meal!
· Chocolate mousse and ham/cheese croissant at French bakery
· Kaki Gori in Japan
· Earle of Sandwich

So those are a few of my favorite and not so favorite things……

Overall it was a great trip. I enjoyed spending time with my MIL and Lindsey and I know my MIL loved spending time with Will. Since she lives 2.5 hours away and everyone is so busy we don’t see her but once a quarter probably. So this trip was special for her. It was also great for Alan to get to spend time with his mom. We also really enjoyed watching the magic through Will’s eyes this time. I think each year we go will be so different as he experiences new things. He was able to walk a lot although we used the stroller the entire time everywhere we went. But the morning we spent in FL, we parked the stroller and he walked everywhere. He did great on the potty training too. I was so proud. He never tried to run off either. He very rarely got fussy, so I know our midday nap/break helped.

It was an amazing week but the time flies by so fast. After over a year of planning every little detail, it is over in an instant. And sure, not everything went as planned (weather!!), but we saw and did so much and made some really magical memories.

And so ends the trip, but not the magic. Now we are planning our next journey- October 2011- only 8 months away. I am very much looking forward to this trip- just the three of us! Be sure and check out my pre trip report here.

And lastly- THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing in my walk down memory lane. Even if I didn’t have readers, I would still do a report, I just enjoy it as a chance to relive the magic and document our trip. I type it all in word first and then copy/paste, so I have a saved document of our entire trip to keep forever. But you guys make it all the more fun to write- so thank you for reading and posting and sharing!!!!!!! Wishing you many many magical trips and happiness!

I'd love it if you came along for my next trip too- i have the PTR already started for our October trip. Join in the fun HERE!

:wiz ard:

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT

Last edited by exwdwcm; 02-22-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #167
eecteacher82
DIS Veteran

I'm so sad your TR is done! I loved reading it! Although I feel like a slacker since we were there at the same time and you are already done and I am only on day 3 (and you have a full time job)!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #168
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Great trip report Michelle! I'm glad your favorite list is way longer than your challenge list!

I really enjoyed reading along and can't wait to read all the plans for your next trip!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 02-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #169
DisneyRed95
Earning My Ears

Great Trip Report Michelle! I loved reading all your updates and seeing your pictures. It sounded like such a successful trip. I'm glad everyone had a great time!

6/86-Poly, 6/88-CR/Poly, 6/90-GF, 12/92-GF, 12/94-GF, 6/95-WL, 8/96-GF, 6/97-GF, 7/98-WL, 3/00-POR, 6/00-CR,
Summer 00-WDW CP, 6/01-AKL, Summer/Fall 01-WDW CP, 10/01-POFQ, 1/02-ASMov, 6/02-AKL, 6/04-Poly, 6/05-Poly,
4/06-Pop, 12/06-Pop, 6/07-CBR, 5/08-CBR, 9/09-BWI (Honeymoon), 6/10-AKL, 10/10-SSR, 5/11-WL, 11/11-CSR,
5/12-AKV, 7/12-GCH/DLH, 10/12-BC, 11/12-Dream, 9/13-YC, 10/13-BWI
Old 02-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #170
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Great trip report! Can't wait for the next one!!
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
Old 02-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #171
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecteacher82 View Post
I'm so sad your TR is done! I loved reading it! Although I feel like a slacker since we were there at the same time and you are already done and I am only on day 3 (and you have a full time job)!
ah, thank you so much! I am sad too, but excited to start another adventure with our next one! I am still reading along with yours!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Great trip report Michelle! I'm glad your favorite list is way longer than your challenge list!

I really enjoyed reading along and can't wait to read all the plans for your next trip!
Thank you so much! Yes, good point, more positives than negatives, but that is usually the case with WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRed95 View Post
Great Trip Report Michelle! I loved reading all your updates and seeing your pictures. It sounded like such a successful trip. I'm glad everyone had a great time!
thank you so much for reading along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
Great trip report! Can't wait for the next one!!
Thank you!!!

84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 03-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #172
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Another great TR, Michelle!!

I'm glad you had a great trip that your MIL and Lindsey were also able to enjoy. I was excited to take DH's mom & step-dad on our December trip because they hadn't been in so long, I knew it would almost be like the first time for them, but I don't think they enjoyed it much. I think it was a lot more walking and "commando" than they had thought it would be, and they just couldn't keep up. They missed out on a lot! It's good your family was more go-with-the-flow, because then it makes you feel better as the planner!

I look forward to your next TR!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
Old 03-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #173
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Another great TR, Michelle!!

I'm glad you had a great trip that your MIL and Lindsey were also able to enjoy. I was excited to take DH's mom & step-dad on our December trip because they hadn't been in so long, I knew it would almost be like the first time for them, but I don't think they enjoyed it much. I think it was a lot more walking and "commando" than they had thought it would be, and they just couldn't keep up. They missed out on a lot! It's good your family was more go-with-the-flow, because then it makes you feel better as the planner!

I look forward to your next TR!!
ah, thanks for reading along! luckily my MIL is in great shape and was able to keep up. But i know how it is travelling with someone that it is hard on too. It can really wipe you out, you don't realize just how much walking you truly do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: