Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #31
speedyreb
Earning My Ears

Just bought Sketchers shape ups today, do they need much getting used to and a "breaking in" period, we are going next Friday. So far they feel really neat just around the house.
Thanx
speedyreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #32
sunshineNJ
DIS Veteran

I didn't find my shapes up needed breaking in. I've had them for about 2 weeks and like them. I'll be going to WDW this aug and plan to bring them.
sunshineNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #33
sunshineNJ
DIS Veteran

My favorites are that fast passes can be used ANYTIME after the return time on that same day and using snack credits for breakfast if your on teh basic DDP.
sunshineNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #34
plutospal6
Earning My Ears

great idea! I will for sure try that one
plutospal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #35
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
In regards to fast passes, many people don't know that you can have more than one at a time.

Look at your fast pass, the bottom will tell you when you can get your next one. At Disneyland (and I believe it's the same as WDW) you can get your next fast pass at either the entry time of your current fast pass or 2 hours after you pick up your fast pass.

i.e. You get a fast pass at 10:30am the ride time is 11:45 - 12:45. You can get a fast pass for that ride or another ride at 11:45. If you got it at 10:30 and your ride time is 1 pm, you can get your next one at 12:30pm. There's fine print at the bottom of the fast pass that tells you when you can get your next one.

Since fastpasses can be used anytime AFTER the ride time, you can stock up on FP's and use them later.

I know that in Disneyland they have 3 fastpass computer systems. 1 for Disneyland (Magic Kingdom), one for DCA, and one for Roger Rabbit Toon Town Spin. You can get one fastpass for each system regardless of the times. (This is easy since DCA is in walking distance from DLMK.) I wouldn't be surprised if all 4 parks work on different fastpass computers.
GOOD TO KNOW!!!! That's a good tip! Thank you!

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #36
eeyorefan41
Earning My Ears

My tip is to check the weather forecast each day and bring a jacket if you think you may need one later in the day. We went to Epcot (early November) and didn't check the weather for that day. Around 4pm the wind picked up and the temperture dropped. Needless to say all of our jackets were back at the offsite hotel. While I liked the new sweatjackets we bought I surely didnt like the price - $160 for 4 jackets!
eeyorefan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 AM   #37
cglaura
I still love the smell of Love's Baby Soft

The lid from a take-away drink (such as you'd get at McD's or the like) makes a great drip catcher for Popsicle, Ice Cream Bars, etc.

Just invert, put the treat's stick through the "x" in the lid...voila!

And if that doesn't do the trick, have a Tide-to-Go stick in your park bag just in case

The hardest thing about having a plant-based only lifestyle is waking up at 5am to milk the almonds

************************************************** ****************************************

The pessimist complains about the wind... The optimist expects it to change... The realist adjusts the sails.

************************************************** ****************************************

A clever person turns great troubles into little ones... and little ones into none at all.

cglaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #38
mhconley
Califloridian

My number one tip: Plan your trip ahead of time to fit your family.

Read through all the information you can digest on these boards and elsewhere, then pick and choose what makes sense for your family's personalities, preferences, and abilities.

We did rope drop - once - and were miserable. We are not get up and go morning people - we like a leisurely morning and arriving at the parks during the mid-morning lull. But just because we did not like RD does not mean your family will not like RD.

I also agree to have a basic park plan when you go (which park which day) and ADR's as far in advance as possible.

Carry cheap throw away camping ponchos.

Lastly - enjoy WDW and your vacation; don't stress, and above all have fun!

Martin
Walt Disney World off-site: Summer 1972
Polynesian: Summer 1975
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1990
Grand Floridian: September 28 - October 8, 2002
Disneyland day trip: August 24, 2006
Wilderness Lodge: August 23-30, 2008
Disneyland Hotel: September 26 - October 1, 2009
Contemporary Resort: September 17-25, 2011
Pop Century / Wilderness Lodge: December 8-14, 2012
Disneyland Grand Californian: May 28 - June 1, 2013
Disney Fantasy: October 12-19, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: February 21-24, 2014
Disney Fantasy: June 6-13, 2015
mhconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #39
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

If you go to the Flight of Wonder bird show in Animal Kingdom, have a $1 handy so when the trainer asks for a volunteer with a dollar, you can wave it in the air right away and be part of the show. A bird will fly to you, take your dollar and fly it back to the trainer on stage. Then after some gags, the bird will land on your outstreached arm and return your dollar. So cool! And the entire show is very good. Be sure to have a camera handy...my DH didn't get a single photo of me with the bird b/c he was too close.

Also, a lot of people (newbies to wdw) don't know there is a barber shop in MK where you can actually make an appointment and get a hair cut for DH or DS. It's tucked away at right angles to the fire station, so many folks miss it.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #40
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyreb View Post
Just bought Sketchers shape ups today, do they need much getting used to and a "breaking in" period, we are going next Friday. So far they feel really neat just around the house.
Thanx
The only breaking in period they need is for you to adjust to the "wobble walk" When I am standing in line I find myself rocking on my heels and toes a lot. Helps build up the calves while you're standing there. These are the only shoe to come with a how to wear DVD.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #41
DRUMZ2B
Welcomed Guest
Works hard to keep the beat
...rimshot!

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebwit View Post

Plan your fast passes. Some rides are worth going and getting a fast pass right away, others not so much. But one good thing about the fast passes is that even if it says it is good for 11-1, it is actually good any time AFTER 11. We have used fast passes that were good for 10am at 9pm.
I thought that the fast pass had to be used during the return time stated, Usually 1 hour window. Is this no longer the case
Old 01-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #42
BDL
DIS Veteran

9 times out of 10, at least 1 person in your party wil get blisters. Pack multiple sized band-aids and Advil. I thought I was ready for Disney World when I was running 2-3 miles a day. BOY!!! Was I wrong.

Some IcyHot and Tums wouldn't be a bad idea either. If going in the warm weather, aloe lotion for the inevitable sun burn.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #43
Blackbeltdisneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
If you go to the Flight of Wonder bird show in Animal Kingdom, have a $1 handy so when the trainer asks for a volunteer with a dollar, you can wave it in the air right away and be part of the show. A bird will fly to you, take your dollar and fly it back to the trainer on stage. Then after some gags, the bird will land on your outstreached arm and return your dollar. So cool! And the entire show is very good. Be sure to have a camera handy...my DH didn't get a single photo of me with the bird b/c he was too close.

Also, a lot of people (newbies to wdw) don't know there is a barber shop in MK where you can actually make an appointment and get a hair cut for DH or DS. It's tucked away at right angles to the fire station, so many folks miss it.
Awesome! Thanx for that tip! I will have a dollar ready for sure! Also, do you know what the name of the barber shop is?

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Old 01-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #44
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUMZ2B View Post
I thought that the fast pass had to be used during the return time stated, Usually 1 hour window. Is this no longer the case
As long as I have been using fastpasses (5 years now?), they never had to be used during the window. They don't tell people that so that think they have to return during that time frame.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #45
Blackbeltdisneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
The only breaking in period they need is for you to adjust to the "wobble walk" When I am standing in line I find myself rocking on my heels and toes a lot. Helps build up the calves while you're standing there. These are the only shoe to come with a how to wear DVD.
Hi Chuckers! I just wanted to ask you about those shoes. I've avoided them like I initially avoided Crocs b/c I think they are ugly. However, my doctor forced me into Crocs, and now I love them, so I figure...Why not give the Sketchers a chance too? I have injuries to my feet that nearly disabled me. I've been through therapy, shots, everything, and can now live almost normally. I've had to face the fact that I do have a disability though, even though it's not always obvious to other people. You know what made me come to that realization? Walking at Disney! I was a hot mess. I will be bringing several pairs of Crocs for sure b/c I need to change shoes a lot. What I want to know is, do those shoes take a lot of pressure off the heels? My injuries were mostly concentrated in my heels, and though I have to watch my achilles and arches also, the main point of pain is the heels. I often have issues taking the pressure off my heels and wondered if the rocking would help me to do this?

Tags
tips, walt disney world

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: